Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
450 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: 9544629119x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Asher Roebuck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available in a limited delivery area.
- Entertainment: L
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Timpano Italian Chophouse is reminiscent of the late 50’s early 60’s in Chicago & New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)fit for foodies (46)vibrant bar scene (41)good for groups (40)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (30)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (13)late-night find (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- italian at the ChopHouseWilburVIPDined on 7/12/2014Previously, I have always gone for the Filet Mignon. However, my wife and I were in a more casual mood, sat at the bar and both went with Italian dishes. They were superb. Once again Timpano Italian Chophouse hit it out of the park. We did of course have the mussels, a must no matter what you plan for your entrée. Try the poached egg for something different and excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Best mussels in town. A welcome return to good old fashioned Italian food. The "nouveau" stuff is good once in a while but there is nothing like the comfort and old world charm of traditional Italian food.Special Features:
- Food suckedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Just an overrated restaurant for food in lively night life area.Special Features:
- As always a great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014I had friends I town from Texas and I always take friends visiting to my favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. As usual the food and service was outstanding. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1132 reviews are from the Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews archive.
- Perfect Every TimeAMilliDined on 7/2/2014Timpano is my favorite restaurant. We most recently went for our anniversary. Never a bad experience at this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Olas gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014We have been here many times and there is a specific reason: wonderful friendly and knowledgeable service, great food and atmosphere. If you are a mussels lover they don't get better than the roasted black ones here. Also great cocktails and roomy booths. What else can I say. It's a gem on las Olas with a fun vibe .Special Features:
- Timpanos Friday nightkpdx13Dined on 6/27/2014As usual the steamed mussels were incredible. The filet was perfect at medium rare. A new addition to the menu pork ossobucco was a great way to round out the offerings. On a bed of risotto it was excellent. The butterscotch bread pudding was the perfect finish with a port wine selection second to none. Bruce our waiter was on point and exactly the personality to compliment this Italian chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Grilled mussels appetizer was amazing! So was the filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian is a noNotquiteItalian25Dined on 6/21/2014All 7 who ordered pasta it was overcooked, soft and dry, dishes with not enough sauce or very diluted sauce, dishes unpresentableSpecial Features:
- Customer who likes good foodlikesgoodfood1Dined on 6/19/2014Very enjoyable restaurant!!! Good food nice atmosphere and excellent servicceSpecial Features:
- DissapointingRichDined on 6/15/2014We have been to Timpano's many times and really enjoyed the dining experience. This time however, we were dissapointed. They seem to have slipped a notch. We requested a booth when we made the reservation. When we arrived, we again requested a booth for two couples. There was an empty booth but we were told by the maitre'd that he had to use the booth for 5 people. All the other booths had only 4 people. As far as the food goes, the fire roasted mussels were over done and dry. My wife ordered the Osso Buco and she said that while it was tender, it had no juice and was dry. As we left the restaurant at the end of our meal, we noticed that the booth we requested was still empty. Very dissapointing.Special Features:
- Fresh and FastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Outstanding food served very quickly. We were delighted with vegetarian options at this chop houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014we are frequent customers, we were very disappointed in their specialty mussles, they were watery, not cooked well, the polenta was hard and dry , wiater not quick to addres our concerns, it was a fathers day family dinner and we were not satisfied customers
- TerrificPAgirlDined on 6/14/2014We have only been to Timpano a few times but never have we been disappointed. The food is always great, as is the service & lively atmosphere. Pricing is reasonable for this type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDisappointedVIPDined on 6/3/2014You must try the mussels,they are out of ths world,the wedge salad and the spinach salad were excellent,the veal was also great,the rigatoni with veal and mushroom had thyme so I did not care for that tasteSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014The service was fantastic. Very knowledgeable waiter and food was excellent.Special Features:
- Timpano means excellenceWilburVIPDined on 5/31/2014Another incredible time at Timpano. You must try the mussels appetizer as they are the best. The Filet is always awesome as well. The service is excellent, as is the bar scene. Highly recommend eating there before going to a show at the Broward Center as it makes a good evening into a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome but.....cookingfool14Dined on 5/30/2014One of the best meals I have had anywhere. Mussels = unbelievable; salmon - unbelievable; ahi tuna - excellent; french onion soup - TAKE IT OFF THE MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Consistantly GoodFtLauderdaleDinerDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I eat here frequently. The steaks rival those of major steakhouses. Do not miss the mussell appetizer. Love the seating outdoors. Inside the restaurant is too loud for comfortable dining.Special Features:
- overrated, overpricedsargeinflaDined on 5/17/2014we made the mistake of dining outside. the noise level was horrendous thanks to the very loud, busy bar next door. the appetizer (mussels) was excellent. the rest of the food was just good. poor choice of sides....no potato available for a lactose intolerant diner. in fact the two choices for potatoes came frozen (per the waiter). the main entree, strip steak, was just average. people using the adjacent parking garage paraded through the restaurant, using it is a walkway.
- 2 year Anniversary made specialYogifoodee78Dined on 5/11/2014We a really great evening. I had noted on the reservation that we were celebrating the 2 year anniversary fom our first date. They brought out our Tiramisu with 2 candles in it and told us dessert was on the house. It really made it special for us. The food & drinks were excellent. We need to go back more often. K&JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingSpgesqVIPDined on 5/11/2014The Chef must have emptied a full salt shaker on all the food! Beautiful presentation, but inedible scallops and pasta with clam sauce. The Caesar salads were also drowned in dressing. Manager and server were excellent, but we won't go back.
- Outstanding dining experiencebossmossVIPDined on 5/9/2014Thanks to Chef Asher, my daughter, brother and myself had a great evening and fantastic food at Timpano. The Steaks were perfect and the chicken Marsala was excellent also. The muscles and flat-bread appetizers were wonderful as usual. Service was outstanding which capped off a great meal.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysSHIRLEYVIPDined on 5/5/2014Food, Service, Ambience all excellent. My only complaint is that the AC was on too high and my husband and I were a bit cold!Special Features:
- pre show dinnerjrwinoDined on 5/3/2014we showed up at 600 for a pre theater dinner and had 3 courses and was on time to the show and the food was great as always. you gotta have the mussels, steak cooked to perfection.met the new gm and he is a great asset to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!CarlDined on 5/1/2014Food is excellent. Must have the mussels as an appetizer. Highly recommend the scallops of the pork shank. Yum...Special Features:
- Timpano'slocalfoodieDined on 5/1/2014Timpano is consistently good and a fine addition to our local fare. A bit crowded and noisy during season and after 8PM for my taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just RightEatswellDined on 4/29/2014Having been to Timpano in the past I chose it because I wanted to "impress" an old friend from out of town who I had not seen in ages. The bar staff and wait staff were amazing. We never sat for a moment without attention when it was needed, yet there was no "hovering". Any special requests were honored as if we were in our mother's kitchen and not in a restaurant. The quality of the food was spectaular (as usual) and I will return sooner than later.Special Features:
- Very nice place!MyleneVIPDined on 4/26/2014This place is at a great location, the food is consistently good, especially their mussels! We come here often and are never let down. Will continue to come to this place. Also very happening bar area!Special Features:
- tonytDined on 4/26/2014Excellent food and service. Great location and right there on Las Olas where things are happening. If your\'re looking for a fine spot to bring special friends, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of FunDanielVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great place to go when ever we are in Ft. Lauderdale. Next to all the action on Las Olas Blvd. Drinks are greatSpecial Features:
- took foreverfoodlovetDined on 4/25/2014the bread and dipping sauce we're good. The wine was very good. The service was extremely slow! The ambiance was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff can't handle full restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014Seated at too small table for group. Had to request to be moved. Had to make numerous requests to get everything from drinks to bread to drink refills to silverware (after some cleared with apps). Two dinners came out cold and uncooked. One dinner was clearly over cooked. None had any taste. Very bland. Manager did bring new dinners out for two undercooked meals. But dinner ruined by that point. Sad. Have gone here numerous times in past. Won't go back. Maitre'd was obnoxious to guests infront of us and not very pleasant to us.
- Solid option on Las OlasjakeRIVIPDined on 4/24/2014Timpano's is the rare chain that gets it right - from food to service. The roasted mussels are a longtime favorite. From there, two roads lay ahead - homemade pasta or steak - both are done really, really well. In a city known for dining options ranging from overhyped nonsense to sleepy indifference, Timpano's stands out as a solid option, offering consistently good food and real value.Special Features:
- BigAl1998BigAl1998Dined on 4/20/2014Food and service were great as usual. A wonderful way to spend Easter Brunch. Very wonderful Lamb Rack.. Flavorful, rich flavor, fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014Great restaurant. Love it! I would recommend it to anyone that wants great food, great atmosphere great service and jazz music!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!dinnerparty555Dined on 4/19/2014The food here is great, and so is the service. It's a bit pricey but you're going to enjoy your meal, that's for sure.Special Features:
- Oh, those roasted musselsjakeRIVIPDined on 4/18/2014It had been four years since our last visit and nothing has changed - in a good way. Same attentive service, many of the same servers. Homemade pasta, great steaks, extensive wine list and those roasted mussels. They say it's only olive oil and sea salt but they must put something else in there to make you crave them so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findLovefinediningVIPDined on 4/17/2014We have been here on another vacation. We liked it a lot. This time was the same. The food was very good . The flatbread apply was fantastic and the filet was as well.Special Features:
- Amazing foodAnzorDined on 4/11/2014The mussels are a must have. The service and dinner were perfect. If you just want a drink, the bar is very roomy. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.