13 North Cass Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ambercafe.net/
- Phone: 6305158080
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday 4:30pm - 10pm
Friday and Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Sikkelerus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Events or Off-Site Catering available
- Private Party Facilities: The perfect place for showers, corporate meetings and cocktail parties, the space offers both private and semi private spaces in a variety of areas depending on the needs of your group.
A word from Amber Café
As Westmont’s hidden treasure since 2004, Amber Cafe offers a variety of inventive American dishes that are presented with the highest quality service. Honored with the Doings Readers Choice awards for favorite “Outdoor Café” and most “Romantic Restaurant”. Conveniently located steps from the Metra station, diners experience urban fine dining in a warm, relaxed village setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Amber Café - Best Restaurants in Westmont ›
Amber Café reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (31)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (11)notable wine list (11)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Exceptional food and service!luv2eatDined on 2/13/2014We had guests in from Washington State and took them to Amber for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meals so much. Our friends could not believe how delicious the salmon and halibut dishes were- what a compliment from people who live on the coast and eat fresh fish several times a week! Service was outstanding as usual- Fabian offered us great advice on both wine and meal selections, and our water glasses were refilled often, without asking, which is very important to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good upscale restaurantSpanioDined on 2/6/2014Waiter very attentive. Service time is good. Not child friendly. Good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!LauraDined on 1/25/2014On this occasion, we treated guests who had done something significant for us. They enjoyed the experience, from the food to the service. We will all return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Golden GemToniDined on 1/18/2014The food was excellent, the atmosphere cozy and the service superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointed.SpecialsauceDined on 1/17/2014We have enjoyed Amber many times in the past. While the service can sometimes be slow the food usually made up for it. Our latest visit was horrible. Extremely poor service by a waiter that has been there a long time and should know better. And it wasn't extremely busy either. The worst we have ever had there! And 3 out of 4 of our meals were not good at all. So much so that we don't know that we will return. Bummer!
- A nice spot for a Winter Dinnercawelch1Dined on 1/4/2014We've dined at Amber twice in the last month and both times our meal was excellent! From appetizers, salads and entrees it was all very good. I had the petite filet the first time and it was excellent. The second trip I had the mahi mahi special served with hummus and an olive tapenade which I thought was an unusual preparation but it turned out to be very tasty. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and the service is very good. Also great cocktails and wine list. A very comfortable spot for dinner with one other person or a small group. We will definitely go back again this winter.Special Features:
- Best service I've seen in awhile!JoshuaDined on 1/3/2014good experience, I would recommend for friends getting together as long as budgets were the same. Close quarters with an older crowd that doesn't do well for dates. Lights needed to be dimmed. I recommend real candles on the tables. The fake ones cheapen the experience! The service was fantastic! The dates needed more sauce to balance the sweetness. Whitefish was great. No wine list or drink menu. quick/easy fixes are remembering that people are paying good money for dinner. In today's economy "value" crucial! Add a dinner salad and vegetable to you entrees (grilled asparagus would have been great!). Also, it's the middle of winter and you have a very small place, put a coat rack on each side of the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYE MealdutchgirlDined on 12/31/2013Always enjoy dining at Amber and their NYE fixed menu was no exception. Fabulous service and food! We took some friends who had never dined there and they loved it as well!Special Features:
- Another Great ExperiencePacomusVIPDined on 12/20/2013We've dined at Amber previously and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our latest visit was no different. The food was wonderful only made better by the outstanding service. We highly recommend Amber for anyone that wants a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to a hectic week!2dogsandusDined on 12/20/2013This was our second time at Amber Cafe and our friend 's first. We were all impressed and extremely happy with our service and our personal menu choices. This night and experience was much needed . Thanks, Amber Cafe ! We will ( all) be back, many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!LGdinerDined on 12/14/2013I felt like I was downtown! Great city hot spot vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu choices were great. BeautifulMarleyDined on 12/14/2013Menu choices were great. Beautiful presentation of food. We all had the whitefish. Decent wine list. Private room for a party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013We had a group of 6 and it was all our first time. We all loved it! It had a beautiful modern decor and fun bartender. The food was amazing and loved the presentation of everything. The wine list was very good. Our server was great up until the very end. I think he just got busy and forgot about us. I would go back again! It reminded me of something you would find in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a LOCAL GEMBuncranaBillVIPDined on 12/13/2013We have been coming to Amber for 10 years and have NEVER been disappointed with either the food or service..Brancho is a genius with his other holdings (Topaz and Dolces)..Also Fabian the server is awesome..LOVE THE PLACE..Lamb is to die for..Beet Salad..yummmm..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !!!!!FinefoodDined on 12/12/2013One of this nicest restaurants I have ever been to, 10 out of 10. Food was amazing staff awesome. Lovely in side. I have found my new favorite resturant . Can't wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFoodie12Dined on 11/16/2013I've eaten here several times and the food, drink and service is always great. The beef carpaccio is always a favorite appetizer and it didn't disappoint. This time I had the Amberger for dinner - an absolutely delicious burger and one of the best I've eaten. Another great dish that evening was the Amish chicken. Always a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, backroom no-goniekonthemoveVIPDined on 11/2/2013We had a great dinner, salad, carpaccio, surf & turf, rack of lamb. All, hands down, very good. Service attentive until we walked out (it's not over until the guests are out the door!). Wine list nice but definitely overpriced. We will request the main rooma s the back room has no ambience even with the lights dimmed) and has a funny smell... You pass by a couple of incovenient placed coat racks in a hallway and are cut off completetly from the main room area. I would keep that as a bar area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the food was fabulous!mkittVIPDined on 11/2/2013This was our ninth or tenth dinning experience at this restaurant. The food is always great! Hospitality is tops. Our waiter, however, was a bit un-attentive this time around. The place was not that busy and we found ourselves having to wait for service several times during the evening. We will definitely continue to dine there but will ask to be served by someone else.Special Features:
- Very nice evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2013My wife and I had a very nice evening at Amber. We had Filet Mignon, Butternut Squash Ravioli, and a bottle of Pinot Grigio. A delightful, conversation filled evening in a pleasant environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No need to go into the citySusanBKVIPDined on 11/1/2013Amber is a gem in the western suburbs. My husband and I often drive into the city for dinner, but with Amber, we have everything the city offers plus the short commute. The food and service are outstanding. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amber for delicious & unique foodDGCKDined on 11/1/2013We have been going to Amber for special occasions since it opened. The chef is creative & inventive, so the food is unique and delicious. Service is fantastic. I highly recommend Amber!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Small downtown Nice placewineandcheeseDined on 10/23/2013It was not very busy, but I hope it stays busy because I would like to come back! Great wine list and really good selection of apps and entrees at a mid range price. Wait staff was great and it was run very professional, which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 out of 10 definitely recommendFoodbaby60Dined on 10/19/2013Googled romantic restaurants in the western burbs and Amber Cafe was one of the top rated selections. Could not have been better. From the hostess to our waiter Fabian who was fabulous! For starters, smoked salmon appetizer, baked potato soup, delicious! Dinner was Braised Short Ribs with potato puree and Italian Sausage with Gnocchi and grilled asparagus, fantastic! Melt in your mouth cheesecake for dessert followed by a glass of port wine was the end of a perfect anniversary dinner!! We didn't go to the bar as it was in the back, but we will be definitely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fabulousJackDined on 10/5/2013Amber is always a treat - delicious food, great service, and a welcoming atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming find in the suburbs.dianeVIPDined on 9/21/2013Charming find in the suburbs. Server was excellent, as were the other staff. Creative starters, loved the grilled romaine caesar salad and the whitefish entree. Would definitely recommend to folks who find themselves in the western burbs. The restaurant did get a little too loud as the dining room filled as the acoustics might not be the best to contain the conversations of diners who speak/laugh at a higer level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceMimiVIPDined on 9/18/2013The service was impeccable, we went there for my birthday and the waiter really made me feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to Amber twice,TomCDined on 9/18/2013I've been to Amber twice, and its a great place for west suburbanites to go. I will gladly return here for dinner with my wife and friends. I highly recommend Amber.Special Features:
- Just OKfurmansDined on 8/23/2013There were some interesting menu selections. The food was nicely prepared. What colored our opinion of the restaurant was the level of service. Our waitress was pleasant and gave us the attention she could. BUT - she was way overworked. There was only one server for the entire front portion of the restaurant. I would estimate there were 12 -15 tables, and they were all full. The poor lady was rushing from one to another, taking orders and checking to see if tables actually received what they ordered, since she was not the one bringing the food out. It seemed like there was only one bartender too, because it took quite a while to receive our drinks.
- Western Suburb DelightDavidordcdVIPDined on 8/9/2013If you live in the western suburbs you mst eat here! The food, ambiance and service were all outstanding. If you're looking for a City caliber restaurant in the burbs, this is it. A very nice compact wine list with some delicious mid priced wines along with a heavy hitting reserve list for special occassions. Please support this great restaurant, it is an awesome place to have in our neck of the woods.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/3/2013We had a wonderful anniversary experience. Warmly greeted at the door by Laura. Our server, Kolnita, suggested the day's halibut which was wonderful. The watermelon salsa was a wonderful sweet contrast to the halibut. My wife's steak was cooked to perfection. The dinner was started with delicious grilled and chilled shrimp and ended with a tasty piece of peach bread pudding topped by a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Laura serenaded us with "Happy Anniversary". When our server saw that we wanted to dance, she turned up the music a bit and changed to something a little bit easier to dance to. It truly was a memorable dining experience and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed with myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013I was disappointed with my risotto. It did not have enough meat in it to be an entree and the flavor was odd. Only one person at our table of six said their food was good. I asked for a salad with the dressing on the side and it was given to a tablemate. I did not complain because I did not want to wait for another salad. Their were few patrons in the restaurant at 6:30 on a Friday night. I had been to Amber Cafe before and thought it was excellent but I won't be back.Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2013Outstanding cuisine, ambiance, and service. Truly a find in Westmont. Amber Cafe would be a standout in any neighborhood in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a find in downtown Westmontresiak1958VIPDined on 7/13/2013Amber is a non-pretentious night out with a fine menu, moderate wine list and professional wait staff. You won't be disappointed, and you can dine inside or outside given the weather and your preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/13/2013My husband made this reservation after we had eaten at Amber Cafe for a private event about a year ago. We hadn't been back since, and we wanted to go somewhere close to home for a nice dinner. He made the reservation on Saturday afternoon for the patio, and it was a beautiful evening - albeit we did not know Taste of Westmont was going on. Needless to say we parked in their lot and walked in and out to the unexpected beautiful patio. Our server, Lindsay, was very gracious and attentive. The food was spectacular as well. I ordered the scallops and my husband ordered the white fish. Both dishes were prepared wonderfully. We will definitely be back to dine with friends. Sit out on the patio weather permitting.Special Features:
- Just great food, great service.mkittVIPDined on 7/6/2013Just great food, great service. Top of the line experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere - withinGWinckDined on 6/28/2013Wonderful atmosphere - within a smaller space there are 3 distinct settings so depending on your mood there is something for everyone. Always terrific service and great food creations. They have always taken exceptional care of us, and for special occasions they have done something special to make it even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A PLEASURELuckyladyDined on 6/28/2013We love Amber - the food is always perfect, and the service is great.Special Features:
- Enjoyed ourselves!PJandAlDined on 6/28/2013We dined at Amber Cafe for the first time this weekend, and were joined by another two couples who we see once a month. We're always looking for someplace new, and we're pretty fussy about everything! Well, their outdoor dining area is delightful, their bread selection is great, and we all enjoyed our meals, sharing tastes around the table. Would definitely go to Amber Cafe again, and recommend it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmberOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2013Food was very good. However, portions were small for the prices that are charged.Special Features:
- Very pleasant, what took us so longDinkDined on 6/21/2013Recently celebrated anniversary with dinner. Meatball appetizer pleased the wife. I would have gone for the octopus. Butter squash ravioli and pork tenderloin with sweet potato purée were delightful entrees. 8 of 9 desserts made for tough choice. Auspiciously delicious Special bread pudding with hazelnut gelato won the imaginary roll of th dice. Wait staff was friendly and efficient. Perfect evening. Wife says we must return. Why did it take so long before we ate here???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.