Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
5000 S Beltline Rd
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kennyswoodfiredgrill.com/
- Phone: 9723929663
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am-10:00pm, Monday: 11:00am-10:00pm, Tuesday-Friday: 11:00am-12:00am, Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Bowers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill is reminiscent of a 1940’s Chicago style chophouse with a classy, relaxed and warm atmosphere featuring the finest wood grilled seafood and meats. Our well rounded menu represents the traditional American classics with an emphasis on Kenny’s specialty, New England style seafood. And, while you are waiting for your table in the dining room you can enjoy the energetic “goose bar” sipping on a Grey Goose™ martini poured from our signature frozen tap system or a great glass of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
358 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (196)fit for foodies (195)neighborhood gem (163)hot spot (134)vibrant bar scene (132)romantic (118)great for lunch (103)good for groups (88)late-night find (52)notable wine list (38)great for brunch (29)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Had the Wedge Salad and their French Onion soup. Both were delicious and just the right size. Service was excellent and having my name remembered throughout the dinner was very nice and personable.Special Features:
- benttreeDined on 9/22/2014My wife and guests dinner was very good, however, I was unable to eat the New York strip. The waiter informed me that the chef had a hard time cutting into it. The manager apologized for the steak and gave me a $20 credit, which I do appreciate. Please understand that I intend to dine at your establishment again. Overall the experience was very good.Special Features:
- Great for dinner!GR8DINNERDined on 9/22/2014This is a great place to take a date. The service is excellent as well as the food is delicious. This is a very nice place for a group to have a nice dinner as well.Special Features:
- I LOVE this place!!KoriDined on 9/21/2014Kenny's Wood Fired Grill never disappoints -- It's a great place for any occasion. The food is the best, the service A++ There is nothing bad to ever say....it is my GO TO place always!!Special Features:
- Delicious!!GarlandTexasDined on 9/19/2014I overheard co-workers raving about this place and made reservations for my husband and I. Initially I was not happy that the only reservations were 5:00 p.m. or 9:45 p.m. We chose 9:45 p.m. on a Friday night. The restaurant was packed when we arrived at 9:30. We were seated by 10:00 p.m. and the magic began. Our waitress Renee was fantastic with her knowledge and suggestions. We had the crab cake....delicious, short ribs...delicious, pork chop....delicious and several sides....all delicious. To sum it up the food and service was amazing!! Thanks again Renee we will be back soon!Special Features:
- carleatscarleatsDined on 9/19/2014The food, service, music were all great. I loved the personal attention, great food we had sea food sea bass and scrimp both wonderful. I really great place. Pete and his wait crew were so very nice and paid excellent attention to us. Really a bargain for for the meal and experience we recieved.
- I go for the goudaLmccuistDined on 9/19/2014Everything I have tried here has been wonderful, but I keep coming back for the grown-up mac 'n cheese. It is made with gouda and ham. Love the popovers too and the Grey Goose on tap.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!ksd1Dined on 9/18/2014I'm a native East Coast foodie so it's hard to please my palette. As far as the food goes, it was "okay"/good. I would definitely eat here again but perhaps for appetizers and drinks. That aside, the service is EXCELLENT. Our server went above and beyond for our group. This alone is reason enough to frequent Kenny's any day!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I reserved a table for my boyfriend and I for our anniversary and I had a wonderful experience here. Food was amazing and service was great! I would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks RichardOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/17/2014Great food, service and set up. My favorite spot.Special Features:
- Kenny's Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014The food and service as usual was on point. My lunch partner asked to be surprised because he was undecided and got a sample of both dishes. The food was great but very rich, so be prepared to be stuffed at lunchtime. It may be better to leave this for special occasions because I certainly wouldn't be able to eat here everyday.Special Features:
- Kenny's Delivers AgainswmmobakDined on 9/15/2014As always, the food was fabulous and our waiter was the perfect fit! I'm gluten free and noted that in our reservation, and he was extremely knowledgeable about my options. It was a fun time!Special Features:
- The food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We started off with appetizers. The taco nachos and the coconut shrimp were excellent. We both had steaks and they were cooked perfectly and delicious. The dessert was creme brule and was the best I've had. Overall it was a great experience, but was a little pricey.Special Features:
- A must go tooDerekVIPDined on 9/15/2014Every time I am in the Dallas area it is must go to place, I love Kenny's Wood Fire Grill. I travel all over the world and this is on my top 10 list of GREAT FOOD PLACES.Special Features:
- Crowded on a Monday NightVSB1Dined on 9/15/2014Fun atmoshphere, but wrong choice for a romantic anniversary dinner, as noise level was very loud. Fabulous filet, cold martinis (swapping out for freshly frosted glasses a nice touch). Looked forward to the crab cake, but bit into several large bits of shell. Very friendly and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerVictoriaC51Dined on 9/14/2014We had a great time, good food and wine. The special chicken fried steak made from a tenderloin was a little salty but very tasty. Popovers were great but pass on the corn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We went to Kenny's with friends for a celebratory dinner. We were seated on time and our waitress, Katie, was awesome. With Grey Goose on tap, how can you go wrong? Two people ordered the redfish that was outstanding. One had the braised short rib, which was melt in your mouth delicious, and the other ordered the double cut pork chop. Fabulous all the way around! Kenny's is consistently good and always a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but ordinaryMichaelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Finally got to go here, always hard to get a reservation, and ultimately was very disappointed. Service was 5 star, top notch but my NY Strip couldn't have been any more ordinary and disappointing. It had such promise with the way it was described in the menu and by the waiter but unfortunately my weekend Tom Thumb BBQ steaks tasted far better. Note that I mentioned it to the waiter and he was kind enough to give me a $20 gift card to "make it right on your next visit".
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Kenny's is among our top 5 favorite restaurants in the Dallas metroplex. The food is consistently great, service is superb, and the atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable. From steaks to seafood to salads, the prices are reasonable, and we always have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- First dateBigTexDined on 9/12/2014Reservations on a Friday @ 7:30, did not have to wait. Zack our server was excellent. Cocktails very good. I was disappointed in my rib-eye steak, no real favor everything else was very good (all our sides), my dates sea bass was great. Zack did asked me if he could bring out something to replace my steak, but I was too full at that time. Zack offered us dessert.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to have a fine mealtreborDined on 9/12/2014One of the best places in the DFW area that we have found to eat when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerpmbradlDined on 9/11/2014We celebrated our 43rd anniversary at Kenney's. What a great evening. Our server Mike was outstanding. The food was excellent. What a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!ChuckinAddisonVIPDined on 9/10/2014Kenny's is consistently WONDERFUL. One of my favorite restaurant's in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stretchy pants for the wingeoffDined on 9/9/2014Our server was outstanding and classy, especially when she politely subdued the intoxicated woman at the table next to ours. Menu had a good variety of wines. Generous portion sizes on the pork chop and two steaks we ordered--mac 'n cheese sides were indeed cheesy, but good. No complaints on the baked potato. All of the proteins were cooked just the way we asked. Pork chop was juicy and flavorful. My ribeye was seasoned nicely and a perfect medium rare. Did a round of appetizers of lobster deviled eggs, wood grilled oysters and tenderloin crostini. All highly recommended, but the wood grilled oysters were especially tasty. Crostini were a little awkward, because of the size of the cut. Overall? Amazing. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service-A DFW Gem!MCW4FoodDined on 9/8/2014We arrived at 8pm and from the moment we were seated the experience was top notch. Our waitress, Renee, made our dinner one of the best ever. Kenny's lives up to its reputation for being accommodating and the food is outstanding. The menu includes a combination of meats and seafood, plus a large number of creative appetizers. The wine list is not overbearing and has many good selections, and there are several very good mixed drinks to get started. The Ahi Tuna Nacho and Tenderloin Crostini apps are both awesome and quite large. Everything we ate was great - filet special with crab cake, grilled shrimp and scallops, potato cakes, mac & cheese, key lime pie and brownie. The individual bread loafs served to each diner might be the best part!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014I had a reservation and still waited about 20 minutes for a seat. That was my only concernSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Made reservations and were seated promptly. Service and food were both very good. Popovers alone are worth the trip. Nice variety on menu, from dinner salads to sandwiches to full entrees! GREAT restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Food was delicious. Our waiter, Jay, was awesome. Love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Incredible foodFG71Dined on 9/7/2014Absolutely the best meal I've ever had. Well worth the price and impeccable service. Everything on the menu is extremely good and the perfect portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/7/2014Definitely a location to add to weekend dining list. Chicken and Waffles were a hit as was Crab Cake. Several other item were noticed on other tables worth of a return visit. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014My girlfriend and I decided to visit Kenny's to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. The service was excellent and the food was spectacular. Kenny's was a great place to have a romantic dinner/lunch/brunch with your significant other. The drinks were great as well, I was very happy to have an Alaskan Amber and my girlfriend's bloody mary was mixed to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avid Kenny's LoverBlakReignDined on 9/6/2014This was the first time my service wasn't 5 star. I absolutely love the Kenny's entire chain but that night our server was a bit overwhelmed I believe. He was an older gentleman that was a lot slower to respond than a party of 4 would have liked. Our cocktails came the same time our appetizers arrived (which made us think he had forgot our first order of drinks) and then our meal came with a table full of empty plates. Eeek! :-/ He was a likable guy but his service was rather meager. I will return as I'm an avid Kenny's diner but maybe I'll just stick to the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ServiceFMFoodieDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit to Kenny's. We were celebrating our birthday. We sat at the bar for a cocktail & Alex was incredible. He changed my martini glass 3 times to a chilled glass! Carrie was our server & she did a fantastic job as well. Food was fantastic and only outdone by the incredible level of service. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewBelleVIPDined on 9/5/2014After making a reservation well in advance, we were a bit disappointed. The red fish which was highly recommended was overly seasoned and you really couldn't taste the fish. The pork chop was good and the oyster appetizer (which reminded us of New Orleans char-grilled oysters) was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantAwesomeDined on 9/5/2014There are too many good things about Kenny's to name them all, but I'll give it a shot: incredible food, incredible service (Renee was awesome), great bar, unique and delicious appetizers, great attitude, wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Great for girls night!yogagirlDined on 9/5/2014The food was amazing: the popovers are addictive, the ahi tuna nachos are delicious, and the evening's special carne asada blew my mind. I asked our waiter (who was also outstanding) to surprise me between the asparagus and corn for my side, so he really surprised me and brought BOTH! We had 6 girls and a toddler with us and he managed everything like a pro despite a packed house. LOVED everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovemykennys1Dined on 9/5/2014Great place to celebrate a birthday. Kenny's does something very nice to help celebrate...they give a $20 Kenny's gift card. Food is always good and service is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the effortSnowAngelsVIPDined on 9/1/2014They have a "can-do" attitude that is refreshing. Portions are ample. You never feel like they are trying to skimp on anything. Service of food was timed just right. It is a little loud in there which is a shame as so many eateries feel like they have to have "energy" in the room in their design.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysTripMomDined on 9/1/2014We celebrated our son's 15th bday at Kenny's. His pick. Food was terrific, service was excellent. They are great with special requests too. This is one of our favorite spots because it is always excellent and everyone in our family has a menu favorite. The pork chop is my son's! All the little extras like the grey goose on tap, the martini glass exchange, and giving our son a gift card to return...just to say Happy Bday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great!swedgewoVIPDined on 9/1/2014We hadn't been to Kenny's in a while and we are happy we went back! There are some new items on the menu and we were not disappointed at all. Our server was awesome and super efficient (never had an empty drink glass, checked on us just enough to not be annoying) and had great suggestions. Everything we had was served as we requested and very flavorful. The best thing is that it's not overpriced. The only bad thing is that the restaurant is pretty small so it's hard to get a reservation. I would definitely recommend going here for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.