Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
6902 E. Greenway Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kierlandresort.com/
- Phone: 4806241202x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Dinner service starting at 6:00 pm
On behalf of the entire deseo team, we thank you for your business.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Deseo is the ideal location for hosting your private parties, corporate dinners, and special events with incredible food and intimate ambiance in a beautiful resort. Due to popular demand, deseo is now open on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in February 2009 for parties and events only. Deseo Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid and his team have created a wonderful new set of menus specifically designed for large parties, and our on-site group dining reservations manager is able assist in booking and also planning additional needs for events. To plan your group dinner at deseo, please contact us for additional details.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Purdom 4806241332x
- Special Events: For special events or large group dining inquiries, please contact Lauren Purdom at 480-624-1332 or email@example.com
A word from Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Showcasing imaginative Nuevo Latin cuisine, deseo’s (deseo is Spanish for “desire”) menu features a distinctive and skillfully blended combination of flavors to create delicious dishes that are bold and intriguing. This style of cooking takes traditional Latin American dishes and reinvents them using European and American cooking techniques and often non-traditional ingredients. The perfect start to dinner at deseo is to “descansar” or “relax” with a freshly created cocktail at the adjacent Muddle Bar, which specializes in blending fresh fruits (mango, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and more) with fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, mint and more) along with your favorite spirit for the perfect pre-dinner cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)special occasion (71)romantic (50)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (25)scenic view (23)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (19)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent Food - Slow DeliveryDogulaVIPDined on 3/29/2014We haven't been here for over a year now, and I remember why. The pace of getting your food here is painfully slow. The food is always excellent, it just takes forever to get it. We arrived at 6:15 on a Saturday night and the place was not even half full, yet it was 2 hours later we were walking out the door. I don't know what the problem is, because they seemed to be staffed adequately. I saw at least 8 people in the kitchen. It's not like they are new, they've been here for 10 years, maybe most of their customers are tourists, and they figure they aren't in any hurry. The food here is very good, just be prepared to wait a long time to get it.
- Phenomenal dining experience!DaveZDined on 3/28/2014All I can say is this: Deseo rocks. Phenomenal food (try the rainbow ceviche), phenomenal service, phenomenal environment, overall phenomenal experience. If I lived in Scottsdale I would spend entirely too much money here...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin Food that is moderately goodcoco57VIPDined on 3/28/2014I only went once to Deseo but found it rather underwhelming. The rainbow ceviche was good. The shrimp chicharon was breaded and rather like popcorn shrimp at most restaurants. The arroz tostado was tasty, but the lamb, although tasty was fairly fatty, with little meat. The service was good and the restaurant setting is pretty, but I didn't find the meal memorable.Special Features:
- Innovation is the name of the gamecharlieVIPDined on 3/28/2014For tastes that you won't get elsewhere, this is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMattADined on 3/27/2014The food was amazing; ambience was a little odd with it being inside a hotel. But overall very good diner and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were running a bit lateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014We were running a bit late because we were given wrong directions. Our table was given away to people who didn't have reservation and were not seated yet. We got a table for six, too big, by kitchen, very loud. For Open Table, under noise level you need something that is too loud. Energetic is different then a noise level that is disturbing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Food w/ attention to detailVeganFoodieDined on 3/22/2014I made reservations and sat at the rail. It was fun to watch the chefs prepare the food and the attention to detail everyone working there puts into the service. I informed my server, Phil, I was vegan and he recommended menu items that could be made vegan but that he would talk to the chef. The manager came over and informed us that the chef would create a special, off the menu, meal for me & I gladly excepted. My boyfriend ordered the skirt steak and a salad and we shared a bottle of wine. Everyone there was very friendly and accommodating from the moment we walked in. Our meals were amazing! Different flavors and creations that left us both in awe. It was an expensive meal so it would be a special occasion for us to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delciously ExpensiverocketDined on 3/22/2014Very good food, but even with a $69 GroupOn for 2, total bill over $160 (with GroupOn), expensive. They put parking up front for the valet runners and force patrons self parking to hike from the boonies parking lot. Food was excellent, but expensive.Special Features:
- The RailprotocoljgVIPDined on 3/21/2014Always a great meal. Our first experience at the Rail. Watching and talking to the chefs was really special. It added to the the usual great service and quality we always have. Great, great evening. 2 hours seemed like 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingirishgirlDined on 3/18/2014I love this place. The food is like nothing I've had anywhere else, as beautiful as it is delicious. So many ceviches to choose from. The service was perfect, attentive but not intrusive. Also we had a wonderful Pinot Nior from Mendoza. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/16/2014We have dined at Deseo more times than I can count - at least once every time we vacation in Scottsdale. Sit at "the Rail" if you can. Every item on the menu is an explosion of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Our server was very knowledgeable and accommodating.Special Features:
- Well presented, well balancedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Well presented, well balanced plates. The tres ceviche is notable- savor each one, because it is small, especially when spilt with another person, like I did. My only complaint is one of the runners said ,"don't fill up on bread" when we requested additional bread be brought to the table. I am not paying money to have some runner pass judgement or tell me how I should eat. And when we didn't order dessert, he had the nerve to say, " I told you not to fill up on bread." Maybe the management should have a little chat with the service staff about what IS and what IS NOT appropriate to say to customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty!BurgDogVIPDined on 3/12/2014The room is lovely and many of the menu items are clever. The service is very good. However the food is severely over salted I am talking about over salted to the point you feel it the next day. For that reason I would not return. The unfortunate part is that they don't need to over salt. If they relied on the recipes they have but with much much less salt the food would be excellent.
- UniqueYargDined on 3/4/2014Best we've had in 3 mos in Scottsdale. Unique tastes, excellent plating, modest portions. Service excellent. Wine list solely South American. A definite keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit at the RailSusieDined on 3/3/2014Deseo has great food, something for everyone. But it is really special to sit at the rail and talk with the chefs and food preparers. The attention to details is enormous and you see it all at the rail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Latino/Southwest fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/1/2014Fabulous food at Deseo! Seemless blending of divergent flavors. Bold, perfectly spiced/spicy. The grilled jumbo shrimp on a bed of "I'm not sure but who cares" was delicious. My husband had the pork loin, which was spectacular-- perfectly cooked, amazing barbecue sauce. My only caution is that there was a conference going on at the hotel, and there were a couple of large groups that were pretty noisy. All in all, a small price to pay for an evening filled with amazing taste treats in a beautiful environment.Special Features:
- Loud, Great FoodSuzieDined on 2/26/2014The food was great! Lighting was nice. However, I will think twice about going with more than one person as you can not hear unless you lean in towards the person talking...there were 4 in our party and we all commented on how loud it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDiningaboutDined on 2/25/2014My husband and I ate here our first night at the hotel and weren't expecting much as we don't typically like in resort restaurants. The head chef is a James Beard winner and the ingredients were beautiful. We sat at "the rail", meaning around the open kitchen and enjoyed watching the chefs prepare food. The ceviches all looked beautiful and the Kobe beef flatbread was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbAnthem49Dined on 2/22/2014One of the best meals my wife and I have eaten. Unique flavors and skillful culinary presentation. We will return to try other menu items.Special Features:
- Great Latin FoodgridrVIPDined on 2/17/2014Finally a place that service true Latin Food and doing great . I would recommend Deseo has a place that gives the Diner a good look into south American cuisine yes south America not Mexico . Deseo has good food and great flavors. the lobster ceviche is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an " experience"Diazm74Dined on 2/15/2014I love the food here but please note that this is an "experience"... food is not going to be out 15 minutes after you order! It's meant for you sit enjoy the ambience, have a drink, do an appetizer and just enjoy the night! Food is delicious! We order so much food I can't even remember what was my favorite! The Kobe vaca encebollada is delicious and so it the ceviche my husband loved the empanadas... And the Pisco (drink) was great...I forgot how strong Pisco was :)Special Features:
- Great Food - Wouldn't Make YourselfRunner1948VIPDined on 2/14/2014I had been recommended Deseo two years ago, but did not get there until Valentine's this year. What a find - Nuevo Latino food that is just excellent. We had the Valentine's Day prepared menu. You really can trust the chef. What is so special about this restaurant is that they prepare food that it is highly unlikely you would make yourself, because it is so complicated and subtle. Since we do so much cooking ourselves, we look for places that prepare dishes we can not or would not do ourselves. This is one. If you like, Nuevo French or Italian, you'll like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and CreativeChefDDined on 2/14/2014This is the second time my wife and I have celebrated our anniversary (Valentine's Day) at Deseo. Every dish is a delightful culinary experience. As a chef, I rarely "go out" to dine. However, when I do, carefully select those establishments with excellent reputations. Deseo did not disappoint me but has delighted me with everything I've tried. My wife has several food allergies and gluten being the worst. One of the last things a chef wants at peak service are special orders, but they are just part of doing business. The staff and chef provided her with a wonderful dining experience without her feeling as though she was inconveniencing anyone. We will return because of the service, food and excellent treatment we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed after 2 prior yearsScottsdaleECDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I made Deseo a Valentine's Day tradition after great first experience two years ago. In years past, the Prix Fix menu had 2 - 3 options for each course and each was creative and delicious. This year, the menu was fixed without any options. The courses were nothing special. Ceviche was pretty good. The rest of the courses just came off as badly dressed cost-cutters belied by the $265 price tag. The main course was a very thin piece of filet with some crab mix and some overdone pieces of seared tuna that I could have anyplace at a fraction of the price. Dessert was cheap. Maybe they figure their captive audience of resort-guest customers won't know the difference, but we are local and looking for a new Valentine's tradition.Special Features:
- Valentines Day DinnerMarcalDined on 2/14/2014Went to this restaurant for Valentines with a group. We had been here once before and the food was fantastic. Didn't realize they had a set menu for Valentines day but we were not disappointed. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Valentines Day SpecialJBLMDMBAVIPDined on 2/14/2014Deseao provided only a Valentines pre-fix that was FABULOUS. Four courses - done with the wine pairings it was perfection. I would re-order any of the courses. I esp loved the quinoa salad - innovative and memorable. The wines were all perfect and the pours GIANT for such events. My wife said it was one of our best pre-fix holiday meals EVER ;-) Next valentines day - we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- We were there on ValentinesRonnieVIPDined on 2/14/2014We were there on Valentines Day. We booked the reservation through opentable and were not informed that the regular menu was not available. Although certain if the set menu items were tasty we were under the impression that we could order off the regular menu which had a lot of appealing choices.Special Features:
- what's not to loveannabananaDined on 2/3/2014Everything about our dining experience was wonderful. We were visiting from San Diego and had dined here once before. We were not disappointed. Had a yummy pisco sour and an appetizer of 3 ceviches. Entrees were mahimahi and loup de mer with great Latin flavors. We were celebrating my birthday and were served a delicious chocolate cigar. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!GamSVIPDined on 1/21/2014Outstanding in every way. Sit at the "Rail" where you can watch the food preparation in the amazing open kitchen. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a nice experience butBillDined on 1/18/2014It was a nice experience but we did expect more of a restaurant that was recognized with a Wine Spectator 2013 award...the wine list was limited and the food good but not excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply PerfectEddieBVIPDined on 1/17/2014We were a group of 11 and Deseo was able to accommodate us with a last minute reservation. They seated us in a private room that was perfect for our loud, boisterous group. The service was impeccable and spot on. The mini lobster tacos were to die for good and for what ever reason all of us ended up ordering seafood. All of us without reservation enjoyed the flavors, preparation and presentation of our dinners. Timing of the drops of our entrees was spot on with all meals hot and not from warming lamps. This is difficult to do for large groups. The chocolate cigar was the winning dessert. I highly recommend giving Desco a try!Special Features:
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/17/2014Second time at Deseo and it was even better than previously. This is a fabulous restaurant with many unique dishes. Ate at "The Rail" and it was quite entertaining. You are able to observe the hustle and bustle of the kitchen. We watched them prepare the entrees for a table of nineteen people. They handled the challenge very efficiently. Had the fried rice this time and it was a very good compliment to various "small plate" dishes. If you enjoy a variety of flavors, you will like Deseo. This is not your basis meat and potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nuevo style restuarantRonJDined on 1/1/2014Must sit a the Rail and try everything you see being made :-)Special Features:
- WOW FactorSteveVIPDined on 12/24/2013Great food. Great service.It is one of the best places in the city. The Mojito's, Ceviches,apps and Main courses are wonderful. The Perfect Meal: trio of Ceviches,Millionaires Tacos, Kobe Skirt Steak and Jumbo Prawns. Actually, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. You will love it!Special Features:
- Delicious!AZdinersVIPDined on 12/24/2013We are discriminating foodies and went to Deseo on the recommendation of fellow discriminating foodies...... WOW! The food exceeded our expectations! Wonderful blend of flavors on every item that we selected. Definitely a MUST for persons who want unique flavors done exceptionally well! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but needs some improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013This was our 2nd visit to this restaurant, because the 1st time was outstanding. This time I ordered the same (Skirt Steak) which was good, but not as good as 1st visit. The side we ordered was red Lentils. It was tasty but the texture was like soup and flavor was overpowering. (Also this side did not arrive with our meal). My husband had the lamb chops and thought they were great, but wished there was one more. He has a healthy appetite. Their bread rolls are great. Overall, the meal was good, but could have been better, considering the price. Also I wanted a dinner salad with my meal but didn't order one because there were no other choices. There was only one salad offered and was just (so-so)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always exceptionalfixn2Dined on 12/15/2013The food is always exceptional with a unique twist in flavors. The staff is always friendly and attentive. They made our anniversary very special. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster service dominatedKPLNeighborVIPDined on 12/12/2013The food at Deseo is always good. Our service on our recent visit was pretty bad - starting with the woman who would not move us from 6:30 to 7 pm (a change that was made when I got a concierge to make the call).. The restaurant was only about a third full all evening, so the difficulty in getting a 30-minute change set a bad tone. Our waiter was not too familiar with the menu (each of his recommendations was the priciest item in its category)... Service was slow throughout the meal, and we generally felt neglected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedtwblVIPDined on 12/6/2013Don't expect too much from hotel restaurants. However, food here was excellent. Try the millionaire tacos or the steaks. Service... Ehh... He just seemed disinterested in us and more in "getting the sale done and getting us out.."