Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
6902 E. Greenway Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kierlandresort.com/
- Phone: 4806241202x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Dinner service starting at 6:00 pm
On behalf of the entire deseo team, we thank you for your business.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Deseo is the ideal location for hosting your private parties, corporate dinners, and special events with incredible food and intimate ambiance in a beautiful resort. Due to popular demand, deseo is now open on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in February 2009 for parties and events only. Deseo Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid and his team have created a wonderful new set of menus specifically designed for large parties, and our on-site group dining reservations manager is able assist in booking and also planning additional needs for events. To plan your group dinner at deseo, please contact us for additional details.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Purdom 4806241332x
- Special Events: For special events or large group dining inquiries, please contact Lauren Purdom at 480-624-1332 or email@example.com
A word from Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Showcasing imaginative Nuevo Latin cuisine, deseo’s (deseo is Spanish for “desire”) menu features a distinctive and skillfully blended combination of flavors to create delicious dishes that are bold and intriguing. This style of cooking takes traditional Latin American dishes and reinvents them using European and American cooking techniques and often non-traditional ingredients. The perfect start to dinner at deseo is to “descansar” or “relax” with a freshly created cocktail at the adjacent Muddle Bar, which specializes in blending fresh fruits (mango, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and more) with fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, mint and more) along with your favorite spirit for the perfect pre-dinner cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)special occasion (70)romantic (48)notable wine list (28)scenic view (24)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (17)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Terrific and Interesting Food!DDHHDined on 5/28/2014Unique fare that was artfully presented and featured fabulous, diverse flavors. We had differing items from the 3-course tasting menu; all were excellent but particular note goes to the cerviche and the skirt steak. The cerviche particularly will make you wonder why you have been spending money at sushi restaurants when such a delectable alternative exists. Can't wait to go back and try some more varieties. We sat at the counter overlooking the kitchen area and were able to watch and talk to the chefs, which added enjoyment and a heightened understanding of how the dishes were prepared. Did I mention the dessert cigar? Definitely worth saving room for and the perfect cap to a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Kobe beef skirt steak!MikeDined on 5/24/2014Amazing service and food. Our server was very knowledgeable and had some great recommendations. Great birthday chocolate cigar dessert on the house! Thanks so much for a great dinner and birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Great Dining Experiencefood4uDined on 5/23/2014Deseo is a lively restaurant with a Latin American theme. The food is well prepared and our waiter was very helpful in making suggestions that enhanced our dining experience. The ceviche and seafood dishes were outstanding as were the desserts. It is definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:
- Except for the BagpiperLocalVIPDined on 5/22/2014We chose to eat outside on the small patio because it was a lovely evening. At dusk, the bagpiper came and walked to the golf course, where he piped for a long time. Then, unfortunately, he came and stood about 30 feet away from us and continued his "serenade". It was piercing, and our group was barely able to hear when we tried to converse. I would suggest that he stay out on the golf course, where the music is bearable. Bagpipes up close and personal are not pleasant.Special Features:
- Love It!LisaMVIPDined on 5/19/2014This is a great restaurant...a repeat visit and there will be more. The Millionaire Tacos are reason enough to go, but add the shrimp chicharron and the lamb cutlets, which were outstanding, and the potato frites and a chocolate martini, and you have a real evening! The ono and pork were also very much enjoyed.Special Features:
- EVENING AT DESEO, MAY 20WilliejsDined on 5/19/2014OUTSTANDING as always. I use my vacation time, home resort at the Westin Kierland Villas, at least once a year. Deseo is a MUST as least one time during my stay. The food and service is excellent. I am a "foodie" and so much enjoy the unusual, tasty goodies available only at Deseo. A fun and actually exciting place to enjoy the dining experience. I look forward to my next vacation in Scottsdale; this is for sure one of the biggest highlights.Special Features:
- The following 649 reviews are from the Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- No flavor but salt.ChrisVIPDined on 5/17/2014I was looking forward to something different, and some of the dishes were. However, they did not have the complex flavors that I would expect from an expensive restaurant. Most dishes were WAY too salty and otherwise bland. The lobster ceviche portion was miniscule for $21. The Dory fish was just boring as Hell. I had to ask 4 times for hot sauce as I needed it to put some flaor into the dish.Special Features:
- deseoluvdeseoDined on 5/12/2014Food was excellent.....exquisite seasoning making each dish unique and special. Ample portions. Great service.....friendly and helpful. Casual atmosphere.....wonderful meal without having to dress to the nines....!Special Features:
- Wonderful mealDineout54Dined on 5/11/2014The food was wonderful. The service was great. I could not find much I didn't enjoy but the menu is a bit limiting but what they do have on the menu is prepared excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodPilot92VIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent Latin menu. Tuna ceviche was visually appealing, and nice mix of flavors. Skirt steak excellent as was the halibut. Service a bit lacking, dirty dishes stayed on the table too long, obviously not the servers "job" to remove them. Outside seating was perfect, inside was very noisy including a 4 year old having a meltdown. Crab and chorizo fried rice sounded good, but was bland. Had eaten here a year ago and it was significantly better the first trip.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJimadinerDined on 5/4/2014We had a wonderful dinner. We are not big eaters so we split a paella, beet salad and asparagus. The paella was different with many types of fish and sea food and no sausage. Plenty for two. We enjoyed everything. Our server was very helpful and made everything work well. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic Anniversary CelebrationGeneDined on 5/3/2014We had a fantastic Anniversary celebration. The food was excellent, the service superb and over all a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Delightful and Delicious!BarbDined on 4/28/2014My husband and I recently dined at Deseo and enjoyed every minute of the experience, from sitting outdoors on the beautiful patio at the Kierland resort where the restaurant is housed to eating at the dining "bar" where we were able to see all of the food prep as it was carefully executed. I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant with its innovative and tasty cuisine and superb ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knowledgable staffLizMDined on 4/27/2014We shared the mixed ceviche appetizer which was delicious! The skirt steak meal was one of the best I've ever had. Our waiter was very good. We didn't sit at the rail as we just wanted a quiet table to enjoy our food.Special Features:
- Great dinnerLizz2Dined on 4/27/2014we had the prix fixe meal and it was wonderful. This was the 2nd time we have dined at Deseo and the first time was just as good. We will definitely be back. Have the chocolate cigar desert, WOW!Special Features:
- Deseo Delicious!dbs959Dined on 4/26/2014Our second visit to Deseo. Not as stellar as the first, but still very good and we will definitely return. A very nice experience.Special Features:
- As close to perfect as it getsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/22/2014The food at Deseo has always been memorable and this time the service matched the quality of the food. It was a delight to sit at the Rail again and talk with Esteban as he prepared crevice. Our server Phil took time to introduce my guest, a first timer, to the menu and food preparations. This dining experience was as close to perfect as it gets. Thank you Chef Rodriquez and your team. Your restaurant is at the top of my list once again.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gemOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/20/2014Deseo has creative food, knowledgeable servers and a most welcoming environment. You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServicedjscinemaVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food was all very good with a great presentation but it is the Service that truly stood out!Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Based on excellent prior dining 2 years before, went back to Deseo to now walk out extremely disappointed. 3 of 5 people disliked the the meat and fish entrees (extremely salty!), one of them to the point of being uneatable. Service was acceptable. Ambience was fine Was not an enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:
- A Foodie Delight!FoodieFareDined on 4/17/2014We arrived early at the Westin Kierland resort and had a lovely walk along the pictoresque golf course. Happy Hour Mojitos at $6.00 were refreshing. We sat 'Railside' which means Bistro chairs at bar overlooking an Open kitchen. Our waiter could have been a Sommelier he was so knowledgeable about wines. He explained a number of dishes the sous chef was preparing. Julio the sous chef politely informed us he would be happy to answer our questions and we were inquisitive. We started with the Millionaire Tacos, bite size with lobster and ahi tuna - delicious. For mains we had the pollo with frits and the kobe beef, fabulous. Sitting at the Rail was luvely and entertaining and our waiter paired our entrees very well with wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was good but not great!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 4/16/2014i was disappointed with the overall experience. Was hoping to experience eating at the Rail with the chef. There were six of us dining and we never dined at the restaurant. Even though the server attempted to explain the categories on the menu, it was still difficult to decide what I wanted to eat. My husband had the halibut entree, and three other guests had the lamb chops, beef, and mahi mahi entrees. The overall experience was good, but not great.Special Features:
- Just wonderfulPNGSctsdaleVIPDined on 4/16/2014All we can say is: the food was fabulous, the service impeccable, the ambiance fantastic. Highest form of praise is to say the following: we will definitely return, and often! This is a wonderful way to spend the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but why no somm?NadiaDined on 4/12/2014I was blown away by the pan de bono and the organic red lentils with mustard greens. Absolutely exceptional. But disappointed that there was no sommelier. It's especially deceptive since it says "sommelier" on the menu. At a restaurant of this caliber, one that was awarded a Wine Spectator award of excellence, with an exclusively South American wine list, why no sommelier on staff?Special Features:
- Latin Fusion gemLocalVIPDined on 4/12/2014Outstanding meal for all four of us! Excellent service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favoriteamohrVIPDined on 4/8/2014We've never had a dish here that wasn't excellent and unique. It's one of our favorite restaurants in Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!kateVIPDined on 4/8/2014The décor, the music, the service and the delicious dishes all have a wonderful Latin American vibe, which is a very refreshing change in the Scottsdale area. Deseo is attractive enough to serve as a special-occasion destination, but don't hesitate to go there simply for the amazing food. Either way, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsTexmexVIPDined on 4/7/2014Don't miss the Million Dollar a tacos!,also the chicken is the most flavorful and moist I 've ever tasted. Sit at the bar and watch the pros produce their fabulous fare!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerDrSamynDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I celebrated my wife's birthday at Deseo. The food was excellent with good value for the money. The dishes were pleasing to the eye and tasted delicious. The portions were just right, not too small, not too large. We ordered a bottle of Malbec LaMadrid that was excellent. The dining experience was pleasant except for the noise level. Our dinner was Saturday night at 7PM; the restaurant was busy and the noise level was high. We highly recommend Deseo for those who want to expand their culinary horizon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to another visit.Jan2Dined on 3/31/2014The food was outstanding. I ordered halibut and it was cooked perfectly - not dry or undercooked. Everything we ordered was excellent. My husband ordered two appetizers and both were wonderful. Can't say enough about the food and service.Special Features:
- The RailBLettDined on 3/29/2014We sat at "The Rail". It helped us order things we never would have ordered if we sat at a table. The food was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deseo in the DesertVandyDined on 3/29/2014Great meal and wonderful service. A bit noisy: might be tough to have a large group for dinner. I thought the special for the night (prime rib) was more than I usually eat. We shared and had plenty for both of us. We had the chocolate cigar for desert ( shared again) Very special item. I think the next time we go I would concentrate on the appetizers and do a bottle of wine ( all South American wines). Definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat and Fun!EileenInArizonaDined on 3/29/2014The decor, lively music and creative menu all contribute to an upbeat atmosphere at Deseo. The server was attentive and knowledgeable. The presentation of each dish was like a magazine photo! And very flavorful. The only two negatives: when we made the reservation, I said we were celebrating our anniversary --- it was not acknowledged in any way.Secondly, because we were using a coupon, the gratuity was added to our bill. I understand the reason, but find it annoying when 20% is added to my bill and there is a line on it for an additional tip. Had the gratuity not been added on, we would have left more than 20%, but if the restaurant feels the need to add on my tip and ask for more, that is where I stop and do not tip additional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Slow DeliveryDogulaVIPDined on 3/29/2014We haven't been here for over a year now, and I remember why. The pace of getting your food here is painfully slow. The food is always excellent, it just takes forever to get it. We arrived at 6:15 on a Saturday night and the place was not even half full, yet it was 2 hours later we were walking out the door. I don't know what the problem is, because they seemed to be staffed adequately. I saw at least 8 people in the kitchen. It's not like they are new, they've been here for 10 years, maybe most of their customers are tourists, and they figure they aren't in any hurry. The food here is very good, just be prepared to wait a long time to get it.
- Phenomenal dining experience!DaveZDined on 3/28/2014All I can say is this: Deseo rocks. Phenomenal food (try the rainbow ceviche), phenomenal service, phenomenal environment, overall phenomenal experience. If I lived in Scottsdale I would spend entirely too much money here...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin Food that is moderately goodcoco57VIPDined on 3/28/2014I only went once to Deseo but found it rather underwhelming. The rainbow ceviche was good. The shrimp chicharon was breaded and rather like popcorn shrimp at most restaurants. The arroz tostado was tasty, but the lamb, although tasty was fairly fatty, with little meat. The service was good and the restaurant setting is pretty, but I didn't find the meal memorable.Special Features:
- Innovation is the name of the gamecharlieVIPDined on 3/28/2014For tastes that you won't get elsewhere, this is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMattADined on 3/27/2014The food was amazing; ambience was a little odd with it being inside a hotel. But overall very good diner and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were running a bit lateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014We were running a bit late because we were given wrong directions. Our table was given away to people who didn't have reservation and were not seated yet. We got a table for six, too big, by kitchen, very loud. For Open Table, under noise level you need something that is too loud. Energetic is different then a noise level that is disturbing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Food w/ attention to detailVeganFoodieDined on 3/22/2014I made reservations and sat at the rail. It was fun to watch the chefs prepare the food and the attention to detail everyone working there puts into the service. I informed my server, Phil, I was vegan and he recommended menu items that could be made vegan but that he would talk to the chef. The manager came over and informed us that the chef would create a special, off the menu, meal for me & I gladly excepted. My boyfriend ordered the skirt steak and a salad and we shared a bottle of wine. Everyone there was very friendly and accommodating from the moment we walked in. Our meals were amazing! Different flavors and creations that left us both in awe. It was an expensive meal so it would be a special occasion for us to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.