Trestle on Tenth
242 Tenth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Trestle on Tenth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trestleontenth.com/
- Phone: 2126455659
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 8:30am-11:30am Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 3:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Monday 5:30pm - 10:00pm Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:30pm Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Ralf Kuettel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Trestle on Tenth
Is it possible for a restaurant to be both warmly hospitable and elegant? Chelsea's Trestle on Tenth, which has quickly developed an enthusiastic following, proves that it is. Trained in Switzerland and France, Chef Ralf Kuettel turns out contemporary American food with a Northern European twist, featuring seasonal dishes that are at once simple and sophisticated. Trestle's award-winning wine list emphasizes value as well as variety, offering a choice array of moderately priced artisanal wines that marry perfectly with Chef Kuettel's distinctive menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trestle on Tenth reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (28)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (17)romantic (17)notable wine list (12)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always tasty.rob460Dined on 4/15/2014We stopped by for dinner on Tuesday evening, early. Everything was very good as it seems to always be when we dine there. The salmon is exceptionally good. A simple salad of butter lettuce with warm bacon and a light dressing, seared salmon with beurre blanc, mashed potato and brussel sprout leaves, a glass of wine and another wonderful meal was had. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great gardenfoodieVIPDined on 4/14/2014Food is excellent, but the special treat is the charming gardenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spring BrunchwineguymichaelDined on 4/12/2014Such a hidden NYC gem in the heart of west chelsea, the garden was just what we needed for brunch, The food and service were great as always. The garden is one of the best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK - didn't get the hypeDespinaVIPDined on 4/5/2014It was on ok meal, the pork shoulder was overdone.
- A delicious and cozy evening!mmcadooDined on 3/29/2014What a wonderful restaurant! It was a nasty rainy night out but the whole evening was made perfect and fantastic. The menu was so well thought out and each plate was beautiful presented. The waitress was friendly and really attentive without being overbearing. We would definately go back to this restaurant. Would love to try brunch or lunch. We have recommended this place to several people.Special Features:
- The food was very good asKuishinboDined on 3/29/2014The food was very good as usual. But the service slowed down. Evern though there ere staff who weren't doing anything, our cava was not delivered until we asked and no one ever came to the table to ask how things were going. So we were always waving our hands. However, because 4 of us were seated in a 2 people table we asked that 2 appetizers wer brought to the table at a time (we ordered 4), that was accommodated. Also there was a table of 4 that was availalbe. I thought about asking to switch. Only a couple showed up and that table remained open. We could have sat at a table of 4 and the couple could have sat at the table for 2. Would have beem much more comfortable. But will go back for the food. In the past service was much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most striking thing IfoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2014The most striking thing I have to say about this place is how uncomfortable the seating is, especially if you have the bad luck of seating on the window seats. Having customers seat there indicates disrespect for diners. We needed to ask twice before they moved us from there. The service was slow and not very pleasant. Both of us ate waffles. I liked them but my companion did not as they were too reach for him (and he often orders waffles so he has a good base for comparison). I expected much more after reading the reviews others gave to the place. We will not come back
- Testle on 10th -- ReliablecarolallenDined on 3/28/2014Have eaten here several times and always have had a good meal. The menu is creative without torturing the food. Save room for dessert too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bRUNCHNfreddynycDined on 3/16/2014We can't wait to come back again to try more brunch items.Exactly what our friends from Brazil were looking for during their trip to Bill de Blasio's Island. Everything was delicious! Finally got a chance to visit this place that all our New Yorkers friends talk about and loved it. No complaints, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DateIloveNYCDined on 3/14/2014I wanted to eat lunch at a restaurant near my workplace. I had already tried the Red Cat (which is across the stress) and wanted something tasty. The Trestle on Tenth did not disappoint. It is a cute, little spot on the corner of 24th st. I had the crab cake sandwich with a side of the paprika fries. The crab cake had a little bit too much salt and it did not stay on the brioche bun, but other than these slight criticisms, it was pretty good. The fries with the mustard mayo was great. I loved the sparkling water. A lot of their other dishes had mushrooms (which I don't like) and my guest had the trout. She seemed to like it since it was gone. The food was filling and not terribly expensive at all (considering they don't have $ on website)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrestlePD11Dined on 3/12/2014As always, an excellent experience. Trestle is a neighborhood gem in Chelsea.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Trestle on Tenth offers delicious food at a great price point. Our server enhanced our experience with his wit and charm. The restaurant has a nice ambience without as much noise as so many restaurants. We would return here in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrestlesawallisVIPDined on 3/8/2014the food was excellent--oh those sticky buns--and the service was good. Some of the items were a bit pricey but overall it was a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HIT!MaurColeDined on 3/4/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friend's home. We were a party of three, and each of us liked our dishes. From appetizers and wine through dessert and coffee, each was as good as the next! Menu changes were cheerfully accommodated. (I had the rosti "side" as an appetizer, so I then requested sauteed spinach instead of potato with my roasted pork.) Service was well-timed and friendly. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch in the High Line areahcmomDined on 2/22/2014Very diverse brunch menu. It would have been nice to have a cocktail included, but the food and service were quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service. ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2014Excellent service. Comfortable atmosphere. A good menu selection for food, wine and beer. Everything we ordered was delicious! Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongGaryDined on 2/15/2014With restaurants opening left and right I was happy to return to Trestle on Tenth. It was a terribly snowy day and I was going to be in the area and knew that I wouldn't want to walk very far. I am happy to report that Trestle on Tenth is just as good if not better than the last time I dined there (about 5 years ago)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed atmosphere,great foodKathyDined on 1/29/2014If you are looking for a delicious meal, relaxed atmosphere and friendly, attentive staff, you will find it all at Trestle. Start with an amazing appetizer, the cheese board is our favorite. The striped bass with roasted cauliflower was absolutely delicious. Always save room for dessert. Some of our favorites include the flourless chocolate cake, peanut parfait and always try the coconut cake. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swiss treat at TrestleWolfDined on 1/15/2014Welcoming and efficient, Trestle is a good start (or end of) into an evening at West Chelsea. Tasty food, good wine list, draught beer and attentive service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- great special meal for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014grab a group of friends (10 is perfect) and go for the suckling pig - just make sure you book ahead and pre order the special mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2013Finding a restaurant in New York that both serves appropriate portions for a man my size, and delivers a range of dishes that are beautifully executed is a challenge. Trestle on Tenth did this, on all levels. The oysters were ocean fresh and well selected, the rigatoni appetizer with smooth ricotta, sauce proportioned perfectly, firm and flavorful broccoli rob, was ample...entree sized for most restaurants. The Dorade was perfectly done, crisp skin, poached flesh, an accompanied by a range of enhancements (perfectly wilted chard, firm sauteed oyster mushrooms, smooth and rich polenta). Perfect. The duck was flaky skinned, well-sized, rich, and the pairing with the the acidity of huckleberries was brilliant.Special Features:
- Brunch/ BreakfastAlianogDined on 12/7/2013I'd like to clarify that I've only been there for breakfast/ brunch. The house-made sticky buns very good and so are the other pastries. They also have different lemonades (the lavender one being a favourite). There's always a special for breakfast on weekdays worth checking out. If you don't mind the calories the Bure Rösti eggs and duck confit eggs are particular favourites.Special Features:
- Maybe you shouldn't go on a MondaySippingsisterVIPDined on 12/2/2013Normally the service here is exceptional. But on this visit it was incredibly lackluster. I will say the food was great - we all had a fish dish - the dorade, the bass, and the cod. All were perfectly prepared. And there was a 1999 Sauveniere that drank like a dream. But it seemed we couldn't get our waiter's attention for love nor money. The only thing he was concerned about was serving the wine. Didn't seem interested in taking our food orders or clearing the plates, or bringing the check. And the place was not crowded when we arrived at 8p and just kept getting emptier as the night wore on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/1/2013Excellent fondue for 2. Impressive wine list. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Euro fusion type foodginnyDined on 11/30/2013Everything from friendly attentive staff to food was wonderful. Nothing was super fattening. One could choose from a short but great list of main courses. Each dish was prepared with great care. A little gem.Special Features:
- Dont read this, privatemacklDined on 11/25/2013Trestle is a small quiet, friendly brick lined homey restaurant near the HIghline which serves terrific food. The service is friendly and helpful and non-intrusive. Small comfortable touches abound--such as free home made sparkling water, hot mulled cider, specialty cocktails, and an often changing menu which is seasonal and has high quality across the board. The wind list is modest but well chosen and reasonable. Just the sort of place to have great non-fussy meal with good friends. They do not have trestles however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon resto de quartierMariejoDined on 11/22/2013Charmant resto pour un souper entre amis ou avec son amoureux. Bon service offert dans notre langue! Excellent repas. Simple mais délicieux. Pas besoin de nous vêtir comme pour aller dans un gala. Il est ensuite possible de marcher sur le high line pour faciliter la digestion. Je vous le recomande sans hésitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take my waiter pleaseletseatoutDined on 11/11/2013A regular here Normally good food and good service. Maybe he was new, maybe he was having a bad day...guess what we don't care. Grumpy slow disinterested doesn't make for a great meal or great reason to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchRobertVIPDined on 11/9/2013I had the duck confit hash. To drink I had the mulled cider. We waited a little while for our table, but that was OK. We ended up being 5 instead of 6 and they were fine with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gemJuniperTreeDined on 10/19/2013The duck was great, my companion's salmon was great, and the service was extremely energetic and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; needed a different waittuffcluckDined on 10/17/2013The food here was great. I'd recommend it. However, our waiter was lacked any discernible skills. He was slow. Didn't check on us and took forever to get our drinks to us. I'd go again...if I knew that guy wouldn't be waiting on me.Special Features:
- Really great, better each timeGreenmonkeystarDined on 10/12/2013Just went for brunch. Food was fantastic and decor was really beautiful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were glad we tried itargoDined on 10/6/2013This was our 1st time @ Trestle and we thought the food was great. Service was capable, prompt and friendly. We'd go again, but alas it's back to Arizona today!
- A convenient locationopen2mostDined on 9/30/2013Trestle has an unassuming but pleasant ambiance with an accommodating, and knowledgeable staff. The food was good but several dishes were a bit lack luster. We chose the restaurant for its convenient location to the Chelsea gallery scene. In general it was an enjoyable experince but I would not recommend that someone go out of their way to dine there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VibeReggieRealEstateDined on 9/27/2013Very comfortable vibe. The night we went, it was not very busy, and it was our waitress's first week on the job. She couldn't answer a few of our questions (e.g. where is the salmon from), but she found out the answers and very friendly. The food was quite good, and they have really good specialty cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2013I was very excited to try this restaurant based on it's lovely atmosphere. The food was very good. I tried a selection of the offal dishes, e.g. sweetbread, tripe, and liver. They were all well executed, but nothing can excuse the slow inattentive service. We went on a Saturday night and the restaurant was fairly empty. Overall it lacks pacing. Appetizers came out fast, but there was a huge pause to get our entree. Dessert menus were brought to us, but no one came to take our order for a good 15 minutes. If you have all the time in the world to wait around, the nice cozy patio makes up for the lackluster service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The backyard is worth an extra starDavidCDined on 9/15/2013We went to Trestle expecting very good food, but we were suprised by the chance to eat al fresco in a pleasant backyard on a beautiful evening. The baby octopus salad was good, but I found the dressing overpowered the sweet richness of the octopus. The smoked and roasted pork loin more than made up for it. Service was a little rough around the edges. For example, I brought a couple great bottles of wine, but it took more effort than it should have to get them opened. When one BYOs, the waiter should ask when you want them opened as well as about glasses, decanting, etc. As another example, I received the wrong dessert. And this was on a not very busy Sunday evening.Special Features:
- Best back yard in ChelseafdrnycVIPDined on 9/15/2013We love the food and the knowledgeable service is a big plus. The back yard is quiet, softly lit and delightful. It's usually easy to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This would be one of the mostAnticatVIPDined on 9/15/2013This would be one of the most delightful restaurants in the city, especially in warm weather - EXCEPT: service is abominable. I used to go there often, finally stopped after a few occasions where it took up to an hour for an order to come, another where two of three diners had finished their meal before the third one received hers. After 3 years I decided to try again. Four of us went. Food was fine, garden charming - but again, the long long wait, even for charcuterie, which we'd ordered with our drinks but came long after.Special Features:
- There was four of us and weCtdinerVIPDined on 9/7/2013There was four of us and we all enjoyed our food. Perfectly made smoked pork dish. Would certainly go back for more food here!Special Features: