The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
5050 Arroyo Rd.
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wentevineyards.com/restaurant/
- Phone: 9254562450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am -2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00 – 8:00 Sunday - Monday
5:00 - 9:00 Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Greco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving the Greater Bay Area, Catering with Wente Vineyards provides a full range of personalized catering options. From intimate gatherings to large celebrations, family to corporate events, Wente Vineyards infuses its wine country style into every occasion. Catering with Wente Vineyards shares The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards philosophy to use the very best sustainably and organically grown local ingredients to create sublime wine country fare. Executive Catering Chef Jeff Farlow leads the catering team.
- Entertainment: Northern California’s most unique concert experiences, The Concerts at Wente Vineyards offer the ultimate entertainment experience by combining stellar performances by top name headliners with the stunning ambiance of a spectacular vineyard setting. Harry Connick Jr, Sheryl Crow, Bill Cosby, James Taylor, Kenny Loggins, The Fray and Natalie Merchant are among the performers who have appeared at Wente. For more information, visit us online at www.wentevineyards.com/concerts.
- Special Events: Wente Vineyards can accommodate a variety of special events including rehearsal dinners, showers, anniversaries and other occasions. Our historic, hand-dug sandstone caves are perfect for private wine tastings and other events.
A word from The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (246)great for outdoor dining (242)notable wine list (184)romantic (174)scenic view (173)fit for foodies (161)great for lunch (143)great for brunch (120)good for groups (97)neighborhood gem (55)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- Dining at Wente during SummerAnutzaDined on 8/16/2014As always, it is with great pleasure to bring friends at the Restaurant at Wente Vineyards. Especially during Summer, when dining outdoors is a special experience. Excellent service, good hospitality, and an excellent selection of foods in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Venue Mediocre FoodShermVIPDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful surroundings and very pleasant on a summer night. Had a nice butter lettuce salad and the surloin steak. The steak was a few slices if meat and was unmemorable. The price for the steak dish was exorbitant. Service was very slow and amateurish which was a surprise for a well known and expensive restaurant. No reason to return.
- dsperryDined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy coming to Wente for the food/wine and the ambience! The service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShaunaScootersueDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Wente's to celebrate a special birthday. Our service was friendly and professional. Our meals were outstanding! My Heirloom tomato salad was fresh and so full of flavor as the tomatoes and herbs are grown on site! I had grilled vegetable spaghetti and my friend enjoyed her grilled chicken. The spaghetti was truly the best spaghetti I have ever had. The portions were very nice, as well. There is a new expanded patio area, that is so lovely. Perfectly shady, and shows off the beautiful views of the hills.Special Features:
- Simple, Upscale, no FrillsFoodzDined on 8/15/2014I am tempted to say its overpriced, but when you factor in everything about the place I think it is more reasonable. The food is simple yet well done and put together beautifully. My only complaint was that it was too hot on the patio and there weren't enough umbrellas.Special Features:
- Never Let DownhrwomanDined on 8/12/2014This place is always amazing. The menu always has new surprises and temptations. The staff is always extremely attentive. Best special occasion location in Livermore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really nice experiencemyrecomDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed the experience at Wente winery. We split a plate of the New York strip, and the waiter was wonderfully polite. Would definitely visit this restaurant again--am planning our next trip there right now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!DerekGDined on 8/10/2014I just recently became a Club/Entertainment Member at Wente Vineyards and I have yet to be disappointed and our restaurant experience was no exception! The food was delicious, service was friendly and prompt, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014we have dined at Wente before and chose it again to celebrate our anniversary. the food is always great, the service, efficient, and friendly.Special Features:
- WenteReservationsDined on 8/10/2014We have been here over 50 times. I am not a foody but I always love what they serve. Not enough for a vegetarian though. This time of year get the heirloom tomatoes YUM. Beautiful setting. Winery right there for tasting as well.Special Features:
- Great PatioSteveWVIPDined on 8/10/2014The dappled shade on the patio and the view out to the vineyards on the hills just sets the mood. Perfect balance in the corn and nectarine soup and the always-great Caesar were a good start. We should have stuck to our favorites to follow, as the newer dishes need some work. The shrimp and grits was an odd combination with a couple eggs on one side as a nod to brunch. The flavors were good, but it didn't help that the shrimp was over-cooked. The duck ravioli was more disappointing, the pasta was tough, the filling dry and hardly any sauce to make up for the dry filling. They reheated it and added sauce, but the extra sauce made it over-rich. We'll be back (soon) but we'll stick to the tried and true items like the outstanding pork chop.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014This was the first time we went to wente. Brunch was great, service outstanding and beautiful setting. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014I am never disappointed with this restaurant. The wine, of course, is wonderful. Service is outstanding. Food is always superb. I had the filet mignon which was so tender and tasty. My wife had the spaghetti, which she loved. We love to sit outside this time of the year, into the fall. Just a great, open-air feeling. We try to come at least once a month, and we also enjoy the concerts they have during the summer. Without a doubt the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Wente DesertWenteDined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent except when it came to desert. The brownie I ordered appeared to be several days old and reheated in the microwave. It was difficult to chew and unfortunately I couldn't finish it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Agent21Dined on 8/7/2014We had a wonderful lunch at Wente restaurant, I will be back again, great food and wonderful outside deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wente never disappoints,LivermorejimDined on 8/7/2014Great appetizers, great entres and even better deserts! Service is exceptional regardless of time, day or month og the year. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Being that this was the first offering of the Luncheon Menu $29.00, the waiter was not quite sure what I was talking about. This said after correcting the bill everything was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uphillDined on 8/3/2014We ate outside and the numbers of flies was just too distracting. I'm not sure what the restaurant can do to alleviate this, but it was terrible to have SO many landing on our food. Also, the service was not great, just had to ask for things that should have been included. We had to move tables because of the direct sun, and that seemed to be so much more difficult for the staff to arrange even though the restaurant was not at all crowded outside and there were many tables available. Food was OK, but not great. Pancakes overcooked, and the amount of syrup provided about a tablespoon, of course we had to ask for additional. My ham steak was very hard to eat, too much gristle and fat and rather undercooked.Special Features:
- Loud. Horrible FoodRachaellaDined on 8/3/2014We sat outside to have a nice Sunday brunch only to be disturbed by the insanely loud group next to us. We had to ask to be moved inside. The food tasted old and stale like it had been sitting out for quite a while. It is a beautiful place but not beautiful enough to suffer through the noise and recycled tasting food.
- Average service for stunning placeKD70VIPDined on 8/2/2014Its a gorgeous venue, you will not be disapointed. The service was a challenge, the longer the dinner went, the worse the serive. To the point we were searching out our server just to get the bill because we were way past done.Special Features:
- AcerDined on 8/2/2014Food and Service were excellent. Wine was very good the benefit of the Wente entertainment club card was great.Special Features:
- S and LLilroyahDined on 8/1/2014Everything was great, but the server was VERY slow in getting us our checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Birthday MeallovetoeatVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great meal as always. Five stars on all the dishes....duck mousse and green eggs and ham were a hit. Great to be there for 1/2 off on wine Wednesday. The espresso martinis are exceptional! Our service was a bit lacking though. The waiter's timing was awkward. Not our typical experience with Wente.Special Features:
- Been there many timesGeorgiaDined on 7/29/2014I had a wonderful experience. It was my friend's birthday. Our server (Heather) was terrific. The food was excellent. The location of our table inside was perfect. It's a wonderful place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/27/2014We chose to celebrate our anniversary at Wente and it could not have been a better choice! The service was great, our waitress was so nice and genuine, not just in it for the tips! The food of course was great!Special Features:
- JRSVLSDined on 7/26/2014The service was professional and engaging. The food was expertly prepared and filled with a variety of tastes.Special Features:
- Pleasant Wedding DinnerCivlEngrDined on 7/26/2014My wife (of 4 hours) and I visited immediately following our wedding reception. It was difficult to find the restaurant at first as I thought it was at the same location as the tasting room. It turned out to be hidden back in the valleys of Livermore. The table preparations took longer than expected, however, that may have been due to arriving at the wrong location and asking the restaurant to move up our reservation. While we waited the champagne I requested was delivered. Our drinks were brought to the table and our waitress was very kind and helpful. They were very generous in making the champagne complimentary and bringing us congratulatory ice cream (we decided against dessert). Wonderful meal for a wonderful occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerQuelaDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent--fresh, local, and in-season. Preparation and presentation were spot-on as was the service from arrival to finish. The ambience on the patio was gorgeous--relaxed, beautiful view, comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will come back again and again.Special Features:
- Lovely setting...5 statDotskyDined on 7/26/2014What a lovely setting for lunch in Livermore wine country with my BFFs Cuzs n Sisterhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pkeatsDined on 7/25/2014Food and service was excellent. A superior dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodRuth123Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went to Wente for our 33rd wedding anniv. The food was awesome, the waitress was attentive and helpful with the menu. The atmosphere is lovely and very relaxing.
- dinner was wonderfulfinnrnDined on 7/25/2014Dinner was wonderdul. Service was fantastic- was a bit pricey but great for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let everyone know about itCoolhandukDined on 7/25/2014I took my wife to Wente for her birthday lunch, she has been to the restuarant a number of times in a group setting with a fixed menu, this was the first time for me. The service was impecable, not to much but just the right amount of attention. We both oredred the fish, my wife the salmon and I the Walu, both dishes were well presented and the taste to die for. My only complaint is the fact that it has taken me 4 years to come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KMossDined on 7/25/2014The ambience was quiet and beautiful; the menu choices interesting and different; food and wine delicious; service fabulous and friendly.Special Features:
- ExplorerexplorerVIPDined on 7/24/2014We went to Wente for my husband's birthday. When we walked in, they asked us if we were celebrating a special occasion. When our dessert came, my husband's brownie had a candle in it and Happy Birthday written in chocolate syrup. Each of the items we ordered was delicious and out of the ordinary. The service was also excellent. One couldn't ask for anything more. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- A tranquil venue for foodiesGMSRPDined on 7/24/2014Wente, a great location for a great peaceful meal and good selection of wines to help relax the mind..... 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wente: 7/23/14SugjimDined on 7/23/2014The Resteruant, staff, environment and management made our whole dining experience memorable. The wine and our meals and service was excellent . Best Mojitos We have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wenteluv2wineVIPDined on 7/23/2014We flew from D.C. Last week with friends to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary at Wente. We did a wine tasting in advance with Don who recommended the lamb pastrami appetizer. Wow...so glad we ordered two orders. Kudos to the chef! The pork chop was awesome and the ribeye for two was very flavorful. Our waitress was so much fun. We look forward to the recipes we requested. Love you Wente!Special Features:
- BrilliantBWNLadiesVIPDined on 7/20/2014The best part on this day was the service. Our waitress was wonderful. The menu changes daily so I thought their choices were not up to the usual standards for this restaurant. I ordered a Caesar salad with a shrimp add on. It was outstanding. The shrimp were giants and the best I had ever had. So soft and tender just melt in the mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother making a reservationWen123VIPDined on 7/20/2014We made reservations for a Sunday at 1. With a request to sit outside in the shade. We showed up on time and was told there were no seats outside. We didn't get seated until 45 mins later. And while waiting in the bar, the bartender 4 feet away never acknowledged our party of 4 for the entire time. When we finally got seated, We asked for a shady spot and the hostess still walked us to a sunny table while there was a shady table empty that we had to point out. The waiter was nice but very slow. All in all a disappointing and 45 minute longer than wanted experience. The food isn't as great as it used to be and the service is average at best.