Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
649 Front Street
Celebration, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4075661505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Tapas Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ponciano Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-300 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining area to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor dining areas and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Coward 4075661505
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in the Tapas Bar. The Columbia in Downtown Celebration opened in 1997 and is located just minutes from Orlando’s theme parks and overlooks Celebration's picturesque lake. The Columbia is situated within a community with small town charm, offering a variety of designer boutiques and shops, and next door to a movie theater.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our café or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (100)good for groups (87)great for outdoor dining (85)romantic (82)great for lunch (77)scenic view (52)kid-friendly (38)hot spot (36)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (23)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- mcores21Dined on 6/16/2014Always a great time. A great meal thanks to the recommendation of Danny , our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was once a great restaurantcriticVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went for Fathers Day dinner.We have been going to this location since it was opened. Had made a reservation two weeks in advance.If they were not putting us in restaurant they should have called us. They stuck us in the bar area tables.Bad smell in that room.No table covers or place mats. Service was horrible The waiter could not handle the tables he was waiting on. I had to go to bar to get my own fork and spoons. No water refill thru the whole meal. Two of the main dishes (Salteado) served with no chorizo or potato .......Dishes had no taste. They brought a few pieces of chorizo at the end of the meal.Just before the check. This was a great restaurant.......Save your money and go to Pollo LocoSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I was not happy at the end because, I specify in my reservation that this was a special 75th birthday for my dad. No one said anything, I was really disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day MomentBitoDined on 6/15/2014It was a great experience for my family and my Granddaughter... Thank youSpecial Features:
- Best So FarRhodieDined on 6/14/2014We have been looking for a nice restaurant with a Spanish style atmosphere with an excellent menu. After several duds the Columbia was a pleasant surprise. I started with the Gazpacho Andalucia, a great cold soup followed by Paella “A la Valenciana”, my wife ordered a small version of the Columbia’s Original“1905” Salad followed by Chicken Salteado. We were both very satisfied with the meal, enjoyed the atmosphere and even though it is a 40 mile drive it is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love The ColumbiakruthlDined on 6/14/2014Always our go to for celebrations for sure and just when we want some good food. Our waiter Ephrain is the tops - great service and always a pleasure (our 2nd time having him!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/good serviceFoodreviewDined on 6/14/2014A nice atmosphere - authentic Spanish tile and a comfortable dining experience awaits you at Columbia restaurant. The menu contains various options including vegetarian cuisine. Everyone had a different entrée and they were all very good. The sangria was a light and refreshing beverage with our meal. We had good service and we definitely would go back as this was our first time at Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was greatfoodieDined on 6/13/2014I loved the atmosphere, the food, and the menu choices. My wife loved the sangria and the deserts. Great choices in seafood as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PreacherDined on 6/12/2014I took 3 people that had never heard of the Columbia Restaurant. They were blown away. What a great dining experience. Thank you.Special Features:
- Consistently greatsafetylawyerVIPDined on 6/9/2014I always try to visit one of the Columbia restaurants when in Florida ... simply outstanding Cuban/Spanish food and tapas. This time, I took a group of 8 for a business dinner there and we enjoyed splitting a variety of tapas first, then the WONDERFUL 1905 salad (their trademark and they do sell the dressing in bottles as well as cookbooks in their little shop). A variety of entrees were ordered, all with raves. My shrimp dish was very flavorful. The flan for dessert is worth the calories. I don't drink but on previous trips my companions raved about the Sangria and the Mojitos. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedRWW0630Dined on 6/6/2014A friend of mine highly recommended this little gem to us. He comes to Orlando on business throughout the year and always finds a reason to stop by for a nice dinner with his team. I enthusiastically endorse his recommendation and will be recommending this to others on their way to Orlando. The restaurant provides an extensive menu that has something for everyone. I also recommend the sangria which is like a touch of summer in a glass.Special Features:
- OutstandinglucylueannDined on 6/6/2014The food was terrific. Especially the rice - it was so delicious. We both had fish dishes and they were very good. Would highly recommend a visit. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- DelightfulFishheadDined on 6/5/2014Awesome food. We'll have agree with the previous reviews, they are still understaffed and service could be faster. All in all, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doll57Dined on 6/5/2014Was recommended by a friend and my husband and I went two times in a row the same week. The house salad prepared at your table is simple yet divine! Looking forward to visit again next year!Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014The food was amazing as always, however the service this time was very POOR! I live in Celebration and always dine at this restaurant, especially when friends and family are in town. I always rave about it, however this time I was let down. My friends are still talking about how poor the service was. The waiter was awful and should not work in public service.Special Features:
- LoveEatingOutDined on 6/3/2014One of our favorite spots for a girls day out! Fabulous food & atmosphere! A real treasure!Special Features:
- Another outstanding meal!Davinci243Dined on 6/1/2014There is no finer restaurant offering excellent Cuban food along with stellar service than Columbia. Thank you Catherine for your wonderful recommendations and service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly front deskWildcatterDined on 5/31/2014Made a reservation for 7, arrived 10 minutes early, our table was given to local late arrivals, we were kept waiting 20 minutes, after promoting at 15 minute mark were given poorly set table. Service staff good, food good, although their signature soup did not include all additions (sour cream, onions, and vinegar) family has been going to one if these restaurants for60 years...after a special trip, we were disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CourtneyVIPDined on 5/28/2014Great food and service was awesome, we have been several times and would go back again for sure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2014Paella was way overcooked...soggy and runny. Service was a little slow and they messed up our order - we ordered only one daiquari but received two and were charged for both.
- No longer a favoriteBarbHDined on 5/25/2014Arrived 15 minutes early for our reservation for 6 diners. Were quite rudely told that we could eat outside (hot and humid) or wait at least half an hour for an indoor table. Waited 40 minutes while at least 2 other large groups were seated promptly. The waiter was good but so overworked that we waited a lot. This had been our go-to restaurant for special occasions but no more.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014Food was very good. Service was excellent. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding guitarristsNicoDined on 5/23/2014Congratulations on your outstanding guitarrists. I truly enjoyed their repertoire and great performance.
- Great Food, busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014I have been to this Columbia several times and find the food excellent. We went this time on a Friday night, and despite the fact that I had a reservation we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated because a large party was just sat in the same station and we were told the server needed "time". When were sat the server was very polite, but it became clear that they were understaffed, as we felt very rushed, and the service was very matter of fact, as he was rushing from one table to the next. I love the Columbia and would not hesitate to go back but would hope they can maintain a full staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menujhsevDined on 5/23/2014There are so many choices on the menu that you'll find it hard so hard to decide that you'll want to go back. The food lives up to that, and the staff is what I wish every restaurant staff was like. Very friendly, very accommodating, truly eager to do whatever is necessary to make sure the guests have a good experience and a good meal. Will go back to this place whenever I'm in the area.Special Features:
- The following 1738 reviews are from the Columbia Restaurant - Celebration reviews archive.
- AtlantaFoodiesDined on 5/21/2014We were stuck at DisneyWorld for a conference, and really tired off thier bland food. Columbia was a great experience with good food and great service.Special Features:
- Great foood but...JoeandLizeatoutDined on 5/21/2014The food is great but sometimes actually most times it is the little things the can ruin a dining experience. The parking is a problem for the Columbia and starting dinner with frustration in finding a parking place is not the way I want to begin a meal. Although the servers are attentive and polite communications can be difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat!jhsevDined on 5/19/2014This place has a wonderful, widely-varied menu. The main problem we had was deciding what to order from so many unique choices. Problem solved: we'll go back again ASAP.Special Features:
- less than stellartravelersDined on 5/18/2014Service was sub par along with so so food. They need to review their service help, they leave a lot to be desired.
- Nice lunch on patioFabulousVIPDined on 5/18/2014I am not huge fan of Cuban or Spanish type food, but Columbia has many options even for Pescaterian like me. We had a nice lunch on a busy Sunday. Service was good, but not fast by any means.Special Features:
- Fantasticluv2dineDined on 5/17/2014Every thing about the evening was fantastic. The hostess was very accommodating in getting the table with the server we wanted. Our servers, Rikeiyo and Diego, were excellent. They went above in making the evening most enjoyable. Food was excellent as always, had grouper a la rusa and stuffed grouper both were delicious. The white sangria is a good choice.Special Features:
- JudyDined on 5/17/2014Food is exceptional and the white sangria is a must.Special Features:
- Overall Exceptional ExperienceVickDined on 5/16/2014Food and Service was perfect! There were a lot of waiters standing around near our table talking and laughing very loud which should not be happening in a place like that. They were acting like they were in a bar drinking and chatting with each other. We have been there before and each time the hostesses act like that are being bothered when you approach the host stand, most seem to have an attitude. We saw the manager a couple of times but he never spoke nor acknowledged us at all. On the good side, our food was delicious and our server was impeccable.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!FMART1557Dined on 5/13/2014Was taken to our table immediately. Appetizers, soup and main course was delicious. Would love to have this restaurant in Miami. Would do very well and would frequently visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Findate2muchDined on 5/12/2014Saw this one on trip advisor before flying to the states and booked it on the back of the recommendations. very happy with what we found! stylish restaurant with excellent food and friendly attentive staff. Would recommend this to anyone visiting the area. We would definitely return here on future visits to Orlando.Special Features:
- Better to avoid holidaysSuzfoodDined on 5/11/2014We've had much better food here, but it was still good. The 1905 salad (one of my favorites) was bland compared to what we normally get and expect. That was the opinion of everyone (4 people). My paella was very salty, I love salty food but this was more than any I've had here before. It was still edible and because of the length of time to fix it I didn't choose to send it back. We love the Sangria but too much ice makes it watery, a problem we've had on several occasions. Ask for it to be mixed with very little ice. We will dine there again but try to remember not to go on holidays when the standard is not as high as expected.Special Features:
- Awesome Dining ExperienceCyndellDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I decided to try Columbias on the recommendation of a friend for our 28th wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. Everyone from the girl who seated us to the waiter who served us was absolutely wonderful. Great service and very friendly. The menu had so many interesting things to choose from it was hard to decide, and everything we ordered was delicious. We will definitely be dining there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in years.NolaBornDined on 5/8/2014I am originally from New Orleans and haven't been blown away by a restaurant since I have lived there. There have been good places of course but never a place that knocked my socks off until now. I wish I could eat at Columbia all the time unfortunately it is an eight hour drive for me to get there again. Amazing food and staff. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone I know going to Orlando or Tampa. Both the Criollo dishes were inspiring. Don't miss this place!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealFrank255Dined on 5/7/2014My wife and I are vacationing in Disney World and wanted a good reasonable meal We found it here The menu is extensive and the food is Very Good. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service really slowSilviaDined on 5/5/2014Good place to eat some tapas and drink a sangria, but the service was slow and inneficient. We needed to ask several times for ours couvert and drinks and the tapas didn't arrive hot. I guess I was unlucky, because other waiters were faster...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.