Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
649 Front Street
Celebration, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4075661505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Tapas Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ponciano Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-300 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining area to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor dining areas and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Coward 4075661505
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in the Tapas Bar. The Columbia in Downtown Celebration opened in 1997 and is located just minutes from Orlando’s theme parks and overlooks Celebration's picturesque lake. The Columbia is situated within a community with small town charm, offering a variety of designer boutiques and shops, and next door to a movie theater.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our café or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (133)neighborhood gem (102)fit for foodies (101)good for groups (85)great for outdoor dining (84)romantic (81)great for lunch (78)scenic view (52)kid-friendly (38)hot spot (36)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (23)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Service ehhh?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was really good the soups and the 1905 salad were all great. We were recommended to try them from a friend of ours. But, our server was not good in any way. He left us for extended periods of time without waters and his attitude was not even close to friendly or happy to be doing his job. Next time we'll just make the salad at home and enjoy the company we have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOrmondGatorDined on 7/22/2014I frequent this restaurant with my wife and kids whenever we visit the area. Very kid-friendly. Always a good meal and great service.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!RegularcustomerDined on 7/20/2014Whenever family or friends visit from up north, the Columbia House is a must for dinner. Particularly like the service and the food. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish HeavenWinerNdinerDined on 7/19/2014The Columbia Restutant in Celebration is an excellent choice for a romantic night of food and fun! Nestled in Celebration's neighborhood, stepping inside the resturaunt takes you to back the Spanish "old world" (but not quite as far back as the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City). The food is excellent and the portions are generous - actually enough to share. The home made sangria is delicious as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceDiningTravelerDined on 7/17/2014I was returning to Orlando and had a few friends that I wanted to see for dinner. After a great prior experience at Columbia, I knew this was where I wanted to take them and have a nice dinner that was a great time for us to catch up and have a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average foodMickyDined on 7/17/2014The menu looks promising but when it came out it was just ok. I've been to other Spanish restaurants and this one is a miss.Special Features:
- EmilyDined on 7/16/2014I came in for my birthday and had a wonderful time! The staff was very helpful and welcoming. Our waitress was very patient, as we had a few late arrivals to our reservation. Overall, a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timebigfischDined on 7/15/2014A buddy and I in town for a conference were looking for a place to eat away from the hotel. I wanted him to experience something uniquely Florida and this was the perfect place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We have been to all of the Columbia restaurants in Florida. This one is very nice. We had an enjoyable dinner with our family & would return when in the Kissimmee area.Special Features:
- Not the original but..GromanDined on 7/13/2014We have always dined at the original restaurant in Ybor City or in St. Augustine and have thoroughly enjoyed those meals and experiences. This was not very different. The food was very good and the service was good as well. The quality of food was above par and our only complaint, if you want to consider it a complaint, was the amount of food was just too much. This is a common problem in restaurants these days and I know they feel that their prices dictate the overage, but that is just not true. Too much goes to waste, especially when the crowd can be mostly tourists who will not be taking food home with them as leftovers. We simply love the food here and will be back and will be sharing an entrée next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestDanfromohioDined on 7/12/2014One of the best restaurants in America. The Paella Campesina is a tremendous mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- renaDined on 7/12/2014I like the restaurant and its décor. The wait staff was professional. the music wasn't to loud. I came there for my bd. I can't believe people don't dress any longer to go somewhere special. I wasn't a tourist I live here. I thought the pork roast looked like it came out of a package and didn't look cooked from scratch. If I wasn't ready for some real Cuban food I would have been disappointment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014The seat had crumb on them and the floor was dirty. Disappointing. Took a long time to clean up the area.
- july 2014charleysDined on 7/9/2014The service and attentiveness was outstanding as usual.The pitcher of sangria made at the table was great. Filet Mignon was expertly cooked. The Paella was excellent as always. I was a bit disappointed in the appetizer, which was el pincho, skewers with a piece of chicken, pork and chorizo . The chicken and pork were dry and overcooked, well flavored but dry.. Will return next yearSpecial Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014He was outstanding! Sangria was very good! The food was very tasty and the ambience was mellow. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceExodus77Dined on 7/7/2014Despite negative reviews about this place I decided to try it anyway because a friend recommended it. I was celebrating my birthday and took my family of 6. I did not know what to expect because of what I read. That was quickly dispelled even before we went in. A server came out and opened the doors for us with a warm, wonderful greeting and our experience got better from there. This place is amazing and the food is fantastic. The servers are very knowledgeable about the menu and attentive. The Sangria were amazing. At the end of our very delicious meal, the staff surprised me by singing Happy Birthday in Spanish with a complementary flan, birthday candle and all. I love this place and so did the kids. I would definitely be back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014This is a great restaurant in a great location. Outdoor sitting is the best (weather permitting). We dined in Columbia to celebrate my husband's birthday. His favorite dish is the Veal a la "Reina Isabela", simply delicious, a must try. Service can be hit or miss, hopefully this is something that is being worked on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnerFoodietwoDined on 7/6/2014We've started a fun habit of trying a different restaurant every Sunday for lunch. It has to be a special a place though, because it's Sunday. Columbia has been our favorite so far. Great service and the elegant wait staff make it very special. We will definitely be back and with an even larger group next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restuarantWChuDined on 7/5/2014Food, drinks and services are all excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than DisneyMontcholyDined on 7/4/2014Good food, friendly and in a great location. Service excellent. The volume of food was a little too much for me but hardly a complaint. We went on Independence Day and they managed the chaos in the town and the full restaurant superbly.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceYorkyredDined on 7/4/2014Although we did enjoy the food we had this meal was let down by the service. Yes it was busy but I had to remind our server my beer was missing and when it came to our dessert we had a wait of over 30 minutes, we had also ordered coffee and again mine was missing. I eventually managed to gain the attention of one of the female staff and tried to explain. She was very dismissive and I thought very rude and just walked away. I did eventually manage to speak with our server but again no coffee, it arrived after everyone else had finished. The table next to us, a party of three had the staff falling over themselves to talk to and help, they were treated like royalty. Surely everyone should be given the same level of service.
- Its like eating at ApplebeesfamilydinerDined on 7/3/2014The food was mediocre the chicken was overcooked and everything on my plate was salty. The vegetables were not cooked evenly, some of the green beans were mush others were crunchy barely cooked.I didn't eat the fish but looking at it I could definitely see that it was overcooked. the bread was ok but so is Publix bread. The restroom was dirty. You can see dust hanging from the ledge. the floor & sinks were obviously never cleaned properly.that made me think what the kitchen looked like. You would be better off finding a little mom and pop Colombian restaurant that makes fresh food. I will never go there again
- Neighborhood GemJustaRegularGuyDined on 7/3/2014We have visited many of the Columbia Restaurants across Florida many, many times, and the food and service never disappoints. However, this was our first visit to the Celebration location and the service was marginal at best. I really think that the restaurant management threw our waitress out on the floor with little to no training. I really felt that she was trying to do the best she could but didn't receive the support that she needed. The manager did come over once to apologize but didn't do anything to rectify the issue. Usually the wait staff are supported by others to refill water, clear the table, wipe crumbs, etc. but in this case there was none of this help. I feel sure that this was an isolated case.Special Features:
- Delicous!LauraVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had a great meal with a friend at Columbia Restaurant! The 1905 salad is delicious and served table side! Great lunch spot!Special Features:
- Great diningFloridafoodiesDined on 7/2/2014Our family are great fans of this restaurant in all their locations. Whenever we're traveling around Fla. we always try to include at least one dinner at the Columbia Restaurant. Always wonderful food & drink choices.Special Features:
- Simply deliciousnextbigadventureDined on 7/2/2014Great food. Excellent service. Beautiful dining room. Unique dining experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1905 SaladSoutherncharmDined on 7/1/2014You have not had a real salad until you have eaten the 1905 salad. One of a kind. I We all could have stopped right after this salad with the infamous Columbia bread. I must admit the Spanish bean soup was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014We started with high expectations - items on menu looked tasty - sangria was delicious - nice ambiance. But it took an hour for us to get our first course (soup) and things did not pick up from there. Service was extremely slow and food was pretty mediocre - not worth the wait at all. We are pretty tolerant of slow service, but need the food to then be good. It was not that good - We would not return again
- What a find!FletcherFavesDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I are fairly new to the central Florida area. We decided on a whim to try Columbia, and were very pleased with the experience. The food is excellent, the service well above average. To say we will be coming back is an obviated understatement!Special Features:
- delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Just happened to find this gem in great neighborhood of Celebration. Lots of people around busy and the food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Just love Columiba! The sangria is terrific and the 1905 salad is out of this world. Yum. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014The bread pudding was awesome! Our entrees were huge portions. The bread is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014excellent cuisine, service is very good and polite....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LG17Dined on 6/25/2014Not my first trip to a Columbia but my first time to this location...as always it was delish ... My steak was cooked a perfect mid-rare and the shrimp in garlic sauce was fabulous ... The bacon wrapped shrimp is a bit salty with a strong smokey taste... Glad we tried it but not a repeater... Snapper Adellita is never a disappointment and the churros and creama Catalana with an espresso make the perfect end. Our server Cornell knew the menu inside and out with great descriptions of items and recommendations...he was attentive to all our needs but not "in our face" the whole time....Great locale for a nice walk before or after dinner.Special Features:
- blandflyingpigDined on 6/25/2014The huge menu does not make up for the uninteresting food. As bland as the town it's in.
- We Keep Coming BackRJC2Dined on 6/23/2014We have visited Orlando many times over the years. Every trip includes a dinner at Columbia in Celebration. It never disappoints us from the great sangria made table side, the outstanding food and the imbeccable service. This place is a gem.....not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad managementMillwebVIPDined on 6/21/2014Went in for lunch on a Saturday. The host was not pleasant at first after we told her we had a reservation. After being seated for 5 minutes we received an email that our Open Table reservation was canceled. When we went to the host she said no big deal. Had to hear more excuses from manager. Bottom line it's a bad practice to delete reservations to save a $1.
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/19/2014Columbia is always terrific. From the 1905 salad to the paella to the bread pudding, a terrific meal from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceKarmaSengeDined on 6/16/2014We came here for our anniversary and it was very nice.Special Features:
- mcores21Dined on 6/16/2014Always a great time. A great meal thanks to the recommendation of Danny , our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.