14583 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sentsovi.com/
- Phone: 4088673110
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Josiah Slone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Khin Khin Slone at (408) 867-3110 or email@example.com for information on catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: Sent Sovi’s intimate Wine Cellar is ideal for parties of 5-30. The Main Dining Room seats up to 60 guests comfortably. Outdoor patio receptions are available weather allowing. The Main Dining Room seats up to 55 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Khin Khin Slone 4088673110
- Special Events: Sent Sovi hosts winemaker or ingredient themed dinners each month. Go to www.sentsovi.com, our Facebook page or follow sentsovi on twitter to stay up to date
- Cross Street: 5th Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on Big Basin Way, same level as the restaurant. There is also a public parking lot located on 4th street behind the restaurant in the Victorian Village parking area. If you parked at the 4th street parking, the restaurant is located at the top of the stairs. If you are coming from Saratoga or 85 freeway turn right on 4th street and turn left into the parking lot. The stairs and the restaurant are located towards the back of the lot.
A word from Sent Sovi
Josiah and Khin Khin Slone create a warm, friendly, and comfortable food-focused environment at Sent Sovi – at once a destination for diners from the entire Bay Area and members of the local community. Chef Josiah works closely with local farmers, purveyors, and small local wineries to bring a Californian influence to French cuisine in preparing seasonal and stylish wine friendly food. More than 20 wine selections are offered by the glass from their state of the art dispensing system. Guests can choose to pair them with a three or four course prix fixe menu, or six course Chef's or Vegetarian tasting menu. Copper wainscoting, hardwood floors, and a flower strewn outdoor patio, help create an intimate atmosphere in which to enjoy the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Sent Sovi - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
Sent Sovi reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (20)romantic (19)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- My wife and I went here forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2012My wife and I went here for the first time. We were celebrating our anniversary.The decor was very nice, as was the service. We told the waitress our likes in wine and she delivered a very nice bottle. The food was visually appealing and very good. I had the three course prefix dinner and selected the scallops, gazpacho and flank steak. The gazpacho was delicious and the steak was excellent. The first two courses were small and I was afraid I might be hungry when I left it I was pleasantly full. My wife wasn't wild about her salad (?) but enjoyed the gnocchi and her dessert.Loved the experience and will definitely go back!Special Features:
- One again, Sent Sovi deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2012One again, Sent Sovi delivers a most wonderful romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Good food, but it was notbyranVIPDined on 9/1/2012Good food, but it was not your best night in the service/timing department. The menu was good, and the food was well done, but the timing was off. Overall it was not a stellar night, but since I have been here before I am sure I will give them another shot.
- first and second coursesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012first and second courses were very good; main dishes were very disappointing. Service was very slow--our 3-course dinner lasted 3 hours. The ambiance is great and the staff is accomodating to dietary needs. Portions are very (too)large.Special Features:
- Fabulous but priceysmorrDined on 8/26/2012This is definitely a special occasion restaurant; it's very pricey. If we hadn't been given a gift certificate, we probably wouldn't have gone there because of the cost. Prix fixe tasting menus (Chef's or Vegetarian)$95; 3-course prix fixe $65; 4-course prix fixe $75. Wine flights and wine by the glass (taste, demi or full) were also expensive. That being said, everything about our dinner was wonderful. Donella is a fabulous server. Every one of her recommendations was spot-on. *Noise level: The night we were there, there were only 4 tables of customers, all small groups. I don't know what the noise level would be like if the dining room were full.Special Features:
- My first visit to Sent Sovi,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/26/2012My first visit to Sent Sovi, I's easily return. Went on a quiet Sunday night, 4 other parties so quiet. Nice French/California menu. suffering the loss of fois gras. Server appropriotly attentive to a single diner (me) and accomodated me to change up a prix fix combination. Scallop 1st was delicious, pork belly terrine great but the accompanying mousse to salty. Not a dessert person but the hibiscus mousse was the winner!! Amuse and palate cleanser also very good and immaginative.Special Features:
- Wonderful food , service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2012Wonderful food , service. Meyer lemon granita was an amazing fluffy icy rest for the palate. Had chefs tasting menu. My girlfriend wanted one item from the second menu and they accommodate the substitution ( switch beef for vegetarian ) no question. My only complaint was a bit pricy for the amount of food $150 per person after the wine and tipSpecial Features:
- Chipped ice is no substituteRobertinGatosVIPDined on 8/19/2012Chipped ice is no substitute for flavorful tasty food. It is a distraction. Chef is more focused on presentation and effects than he is on delivering gourmet food. The environment, location and ambiance are outstanding. Overall the gourmet experience has been lost at this restaurant ever since the partners who ran it moved on to Manressa in Los Gatos. Wine prices are excessive unless you opt for the token offering at less than the $50 price point.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012This was our first visit to Sent Sovi. We have sampled small bites from Sent Sovi over the last several years at the Villa Montalvo Food and Wine Classic. Several of my friends have visited the restaurant based on my recommendation from my tastings at Villa Montalvo. Each and everyone gave Sent Sovi excellent reviews. Sent Sovi was everything we expected and more. The service and the food were exceptional.Special Features:
- Food was Great, But NOT the WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012The food was outstanding, our server was great, the ambiance was wonderful. We won't be going back. We ordered the three course dinner. We waited 40 minutes for the first course, 40 minutes for the entree course, and 40 minutes for dessert! Do the math! After an hour and 20 minutes the straight-backed, wooden chairs had lost their simple, elegant charm. We didn't even eat the dessert there, but took it home with us! How long would we have been there if we ate it there? Yes, our server tried again and again--we saw her going into the kitchen repeatedly, she was near tears by 20 minutes into our wait for dessert, and she did knock $24 off the bill (I tipped for the full, not the discounted amount--it wasn't HER fault).Special Features:
- we enjoyed ourselves - weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2012we enjoyed ourselves - we were celebrating two events 1) Juilia Child 100th birthday - we felt it was appropriate to go to a Cal French restaurant. 2) My nephew returning to school. THe chef kindly singed a menu for him - that was fantistic! Food was really good - loved the amuse-bouche. THe short rib was greate as well. A really nice time. Thank youSpecial Features:
- The quality of service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012The quality of service and menu far outstripped the impression given by the website. By far the best restaurant experience we've had so far in the Bay area .... If you want to experience quality French cooking, eat at Sent Sovi Great attention to detail from start to finish, we'll be back !Special Features:
- Food was good but it was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2012Food was good but it was really expensive. Not good enough to justify the price.
- Conditioner continued to runlxm3636VIPDined on 7/15/2012Conditioner continued to run even on a cold evening, everybody inside the place was freezing, atmosphere far from cozy. Certain items on the menu were fantastic, others were a bit subpar. For the price, the portions are pretty tiny.Special Features:
- I would never go back. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2012I would never go back. We had the pre-fixed dinner. Many ingrediants were repeated. Excellent soup, but downhill from there.
- The food was good but onlyJeanDined on 7/6/2012The food was good but only ok. Not surprisingly for any specials. Over priced for sure. A glass of Reisling cost me $18 and the server brought me the wrong wine to start. Their wine does not taste fresh since it's connected to the drainer.Special Features:
- nice spotgbtfromsjDined on 7/5/2012My wife and I had an anniversary dinner here. I liked the fact that it was a nice, French restaurant that didnt force you into a FixePrice. We were able to share appetizers and try more items off the menu. Wine by the glass was also quite reasonable. So, if you are looking for a value priced French meal in Saratoga with a very nice ambience, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time celebrating birthday.DamoDined on 6/30/2012Great time celebrating birthday. Loved the tasting menu, although a little pricey.
- Love the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/30/2012Wonderful dining experience! The food keeps getting better and better! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- INNOVATIVE FOOD, VERY EXPENSIVEJilybobVIPDined on 6/24/2012We had a lovely evening with great food, but the wine prices are through the roof. $18 for a very short pour of Ridge Zinfandel. Corkage is $35!! There were 5 or 6 other tables and only one had a bottle of wine! Wow, wonder why? Food was delicious but the wine prices would keep us away from a return visit.Special Features:
- Our party had two 4 courseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/24/2012Our party had two 4 course meal, had 3 out of the 8 items tried , that can be said to be Very Good.
- The scallop appetizer wasLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/21/2012The scallop appetizer was delicious, but the remaining dishes were ordinary. The presentation of the dishes was excellent. However, I would rather eat elsewhere for a special occasion if I was spending slightly less than $200.00 dollars for a dinner for two.Special Features:
- We had a very good dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012We had a very good dinner, served on the patio. Service was VERY good in terms of attention to detail, but definitely on the slow side, even for our european friends who joined us that evening.Special Features:
- Moved away for a job 7 yrsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2012Moved away for a job 7 yrs ago. Was able to visit Sent Sovi on a recent visit. So pleased to find that one of my favorite spots is still as good as I remembered it. We both enjoyed every bite. The service is friendly, knowledgeable and unobtrusive. The dining room is small and elegant without being in the least stuffy. The food is excellent and beautifully prepared. Our only dilemma was in choosing what to have as everything on the menu sounds so delicious.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a very specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/9/2012We enjoyed a very special dinner here for our anniversary for the second time in a row. The food was superb and each course was well paced. We love that there are so many options for creating your own dining experience--including the wine flights--and we'd like to return again to do just that. Thank you for making OUR night such a pleasure!Special Features:
- From the amuse bouche of grilledOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/9/2012From the amuse bouche of grilled white corn to the decadent dessert of dulce de leche creme brulee, this was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. The staff was great - unobtrusive but responsive when necessary. The restaurant is small, but finely appointed with smooth jazz playing in the background. I will definitely dine here again and heartily recommend it.Special Features:
- We very disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2012We very disappointed in the food especially for the price.
- Drive to Saratoga to enjoy this gemOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/29/2012You are missing out if you have not been to Sent Sovi. What a rare gem in Silicon Valley. Visiting the Valley? Go. Old timers? Go. Really, just perfect. Can eat fresh and healthy or take it up a notch with a richer dish. Staff is impeccable.Special Features:
- Almost, but not quiteBlackburnVIPDined on 5/27/2012This restaurant is very expensive, up there with the Michelin Star rated restaurants and we certainly received a good meal, but it was below our expectations. The service was hit or miss: the gentleman who served us was impeccable, but the ladies who served us were mediocre to terrible. One of the ladies never smiled at us, paid no attention to detail and seemed to to just plop the plates down on the table. The tasting menu was quite good, but each dish had something a bit off, such as the Beef Wellington that was made with short ribs but the meat was not very tender. The wine pairings were spot on, and we enjoyed that. This place seems to want that Michelin Star, but just can't quite get there. We won't be visiting again.
- Excellent vegetarian tastingGabyVIPDined on 5/19/2012Excellent vegetarian tasting menu with fun wine pairings, will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Overall a very nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2012Overall a very nice experience. I would eat there again. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Fabulous food! It's one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012Fabulous food! It's one of our top 2-3 restaurants we go to for a very special occasions! Sent Sovi is simply one of the best and a real find!!Special Features:
- Service is top notch, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Service is top notch, food is very good, server are friendly.Special Features:
- Overall the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Overall the food was good, but presentation could have been better.Special Features:
- We chose this restaurant toPrincessVIPDined on 5/6/2012We chose this restaurant to celebrate my Mom's birthday and it was a wonderful evening. They made her feel very special!Special Features:
- Expected better of an upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2012Expected better of an upscale restaurant than to serve a high mercury fish such as Hawaiian Ono (which was also a bit dry). The amuse bouches were delightful, as were some of the appetizers and first coursesSpecial Features:
- This is a very expensive restaurantLainaDined on 5/2/2012This is a very expensive restaurant, which is fine when the food is especially good. It was very ordinary, and yet our bill for three was over $300. I would not recommend it to anybody for any purpose.
- Food was excellent. We reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2012Food was excellent. We really enjoyed every dish we had. Highly recommend to people who like fine dining room experience.Special Features:
- Great for AnniversariesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2012Execellant location for an anniversary dinner. We went for our 14th and could not have been happier. Quiet and nestled nicely in Saratoga, Sent Sovi was a gem of a location. While the meal was pricey, the location was great, food was awesome, the service was excellent. I would highly recommend Sent Sovi.Special Features:
- What DessertChefrjVIPDined on 4/21/2012The pairing is the way to go but suggest the 3oz not the 5oz. Five course tasting menu paired with wine, you do the math. I don't remember dessert. Overall a great meal maybe a little bit over the top.Special Features: