L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek
301 L'Auberge Lane
Sedona, AZ 86336Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lauberge.com/
- Phone: 9282821661x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rochelle Daniel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Patio Room is a small private room, overlooking Oak Creek. It seats up to 12 guests in an intimate setting.
- Private Party Contact: David Crans 9282044353x
A word from L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek
No visit to Sedona is complete until you've experienced the fragrant aromas and delectable flavors of the award-winning L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek. Offering the finest Mediterranean inspired American cuisine, the restaurant provides guests a sophisticated creekside dining experience either outdoors on the open air terrace, weather permitting, or indoors in our glass fronted dining room. Executive Chef Rochelle Daniel's menu features items and themes that change seasonally. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for 19 consecutive years, Sedona's L'Auberge Restaurant boasts one of the largest and most refined selections of vintage wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek - Best Restaurants in Sedona ›
L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (126)romantic (126)scenic view (124)special occasion (115)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (35)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (12)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Beautiful setting; superior foodfoodloverVIPDined on 6/15/2014The patio of the restaurant overlooks a stream and is beautiful. The menu is a three or four course prix fix menu. First courses (crab crepe, pasta, salads) were very good. My daughter liked her chicken entree. My duck was underdone to the point of being raw (and I like my food rare). I'd try the restaurant again if I happened to be in Sedona because it was good. But the food overall wasn't memorable.Special Features:
- A most romantic brunchksuave47Dined on 6/15/2014It was a wonderful setting for a romantic brunch with my fiancee, and the selection and quality of food was superb.Special Features:
- A must when in SedonaCorenp914VIPDined on 6/13/2014The food was very good, great wine list. Most of all the tables are set along the Oak Creek. The most beautiful ambience.Special Features:
- Perhaps an off night?SFFdinerVIPDined on 6/12/2014We were staying at L'Auberge and had dinner at the restaurant one of the nights of our stay. Was looking forward to an amazing dinner. Two quick positives...location on Oak Creek is fantastic and romantic, and our service was top notch, especially given how quickly our server attempted to rectify our issue with dinner. On the negative side, 2 of our 6 dishes were way over salted. One was a Parsnip Veloute that tasted like a salt lick. The other was Ricotta Tortellini which was also extremely salty and was probably about 3x the size it should have been. Not sure anyone tasted either dish before sending out. Our server credited our bill for those dishes, but they never should have left the kitchen. We left really disappointed!Special Features:
- DisappointedChristyVIPDined on 6/12/2014This is a very upscale restaurant and although the food and atmosphere was wonderful, we were disappointed in the quality of the service. My husband and I always share a meal and we informed the wait person that we wanted to split. We assumed the courses would be split in the kitchen. However, this did not happen. They brought one plate to us and we even had to ask for the second plate and then I had to divide the food. We have never had this happen to us. We felt this was extremely poor for a restaurant of this caliber. We understood later that the wait person never asked the kitchen to split the meal. However when she saw the first course come out, she should have told them to split the next two. The price calls for better serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyumDined on 6/9/2014L'Augerge is a wonderful restaurant. Casual attire, outdoor dining with great food, and fabulous service. Very romantic setting. We highly recommend it, especially for special occasions.Special Features:
- mich13mich13VIPDined on 6/9/2014beautiful setting by creek. all dishes excellent. per waitress has been frequented by many celebrities. alot of smaa insects flying near dusk time. waitress took our picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but expensive!PrettygoodmostlyDined on 6/8/2014The restaurant, known for special occasion dining, is nestled on the banks of Oak Creek in a garden under shade trees. Imagine a babbling brook with white tablecloths in a gentle breeze! Our server was topnotch and made excellent recommendations based on our preferences. The menu is set up with a choice of a 3 course meal for $69 or a 4 course meal for $89, which it makes it impossible to get a budget-friendly meal. The food was as good as anticipated, perfectly seasoned and beautifully presented. For a restaurant with a french name, I would have expected a better dessert menu. The wine list is extensive with moderate to very expensive wines (Screaming Eagle). Overall, I would have liked to eat there again, but the cost was prohibitive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a bit expensive...RubyVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great view, one of the better breakfast/brunch buffets we've ever tried, amazing atmosphere... but still ends up being pricey. If you drink a ton it balances out the bill cause mimosas and bloodies are free. Overall a great experience in Sedona if you're craving a creekside view in the desert as a change of pace.Special Features:
- Great food. Ok serviceMrsgreenetDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I visited L'Auberge for our wedding anniversary. We wanted to visit a nice romantic resturant to celebrate. As soon as we arrived we were greated and seated by the creek. The view was outstanding. I felt that our service wasn't all that great though. It was disappointing. Our server seemed "cold" and not overly friendly. The food was amazing I highly recommend the crab crepe for an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/5/2014Wonderful creekside restaurant. Wonderful food. We come her4e every times we are in Sedona.Special Features:
- Magical!Rae442Dined on 6/4/2014If you are in Sedona, AZ you must try this place! We had dinner (very romantic - dinner under the stars with the sounds of the creek in the background), and breakfast with the hummingbirds eating nectar out of the fresh flowers on the tables beside us. It is truly a magical place to dine!Special Features:
- The following 1130 reviews are from the L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek reviews archive.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerJGFlingDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary at L'Auberge on Oak Creek. The food was very good but also very pricey. The outdoor setting by the creek is the real show stopper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gem in SedonagridrVIPDined on 5/31/2014This place has a great view nestled below the Sedona tourist scene .Eating by the creek is so peaceful and tranquil. Great view of red rock mt .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best. ExceptionalsoozieliveditDined on 5/30/2014Could not have been a better and more beautiful place for the birthday celebration.Special Features:
- romantic outdoorsOldsohoDined on 5/30/2014High end spot in Sedona. Romantic atmosphere outdoors by creek. Food very well prepared with sophisticated touch. Holds it's own with big city quality restaurants.Special Features:
- Beautiful locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014The location is beautiful, right on the Oak Creek in Sedona. The ambiance is very romantic. The hostess, waiters and valet staff were pleasant and seemed to be happy to work there. The waitress Cheryl H was very informative and enthusiastic about the menu. Overall it was a good experience with a beautiful location. The plating was very well done and the menu had a lot of enticing options. I went out of the box to try something new and ordered the duck breast; it was a bit salty. My husband had the filet, and it was cooked med rare but was a bit dry but the sauce and potatoes were delicious. The wine list was well organized and I really enjoyed the Super Tuscan. We had a wonderful anniversary in Sedona and enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting!!Luv2cookDined on 5/28/2014Located right on Oak Creek, the water flowing over the rocks and the outdoor seating and lighting, make for a wonderful dining experience. Although we weren't in a hurry, the timing of the courses was slow. They had no mint so they couldn't make a Mojito. The filet, red snapper, roasted parsnip soup and duck was excellent. The scallops were fair. The crab crepe appetizer was very good. The homemade pasta appetizer was ridiculously small. Don't miss out on the crime brûlée and the chocolate molleux desserts. The only other downfall was that it is definitely not handicap friendly. We took my 91 yr old mother in law and really had to help her maneuver the steps. I would definitely go back, just for the setting!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite of localsedonagirllovesthisspotDined on 5/27/2014There is just not a better fine dining restauant in our town! The special ambiance at Terrace on the Creek is exceptional. Then add the very best server, Michael, along with a perfectly prepared and presented entrée paired with the right wine and it's a memorable evening. We love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner, pompous waiterMarb777Dined on 5/27/2014The food was quite delicious and innovative, however our waiter was a bit pompous. We had a bottle of wine and he was never At the table to pour for us and he never did inquire how our meal was after served. The location is wonderful, however there were Many tiny bugs getting into our drinks, perhaps the staff could give the diners a coaster to place atop the glasses to prevent the bugs from Ending up in your wine or scotch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was "OK"JoffmannVIPDined on 5/27/2014We were one of three tables but very understandable for a Tuesday, however we had 4 different waiters. One that took our drink order, one that took our food order, one who asked how was the food, and another that took our second drink order. I thought that was a little obsessive. The lunch menu was very small for offerings but huge on portion.
- lauraccssDined on 5/23/2014The ambience and setting are unbelievable !!! gorgeous setting...food creative , but I cant say flavors were special. service was ok...depends on waiter either focused or not !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBordenazDined on 5/20/2014We had lunch at L'Auberge and it was outstanding. From the beauty of being creek side on Oak Creek to the impeccable service, it is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Great dinner, wonderful settingFloridaGalDined on 5/18/2014Requested, and received, table outside right on Oak Creek. Second best pomegranate martini I’ve ever had! Our server Joel was excellent- right there when we wanted him, but didn’t “hover”. Crab crepe appetizer and scallop entree were very good. Ordered a dessert with a “wafer” base- wafer was dense and heavy- had to request a knife to cut it! Heaters at each table. Valet service complimentary- valet declined tip. Overall, great food, location and service- would recommend.Special Features:
- 25th anniversary dinnerGaryHDined on 5/18/2014This was a truly memorable experience for our special occasion. We had a prime table by the creek and the food was exquisite. Service was impeccable as well. The multiple- course menu was lots of fun. My wife and I each got the three course meal but she got dessert as one of hers and I got three savory dishes. Since we shared the salad and dessert, we each essentially got four courses. I couldn't imagine a more romantic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Doesn't Get Any Better Than ThisTobyVIPDined on 5/18/2014Sunday Champagne Brunch at L'Auberge-2+ hours of unlimited champagne, mimosas, and bloody Mary's, the latter spicy, tangy and complete with olives, onions, and a sprig of celery--delish; carvery;salad bar; entrees incl.omelets,eggs Benedict, bacon, sausage, egg remoulade, roast pork, quinoa with orange;and a seafood table with shrimp, seared ahi tuna, ceviche, crab claws. Canteloupe gazpacho and the dessert table provided some truly unique choices. Price was $54 pp. which everyone in our party deemed ' good value'. The #1 highlight of the brunch experience was the ambience. Sitting beside Oak Creek with mallard ducks , green foliage and exotic flora, listening to the sound of rushing water-- it doesn't get any better than this!!!!Special Features:
- The SkunkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Wonderful evening ... your pet skunk sneaking under our platform made for ongoing chatter ... Wonderful evening, food and service ... and no bugs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor restaurant in SedonaSeattle14nativesDined on 5/16/2014Nothing better in Sedona for outdoor Creekside diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable romantic experienceTynheidsDined on 5/14/2014This is the most romantic fine dining restaurant we've ever experienced and weve done a lot of fine dining! A perfect place to celebrate our 10yr anniversary or any special occasion. The ambience is set to perfection as they have tables along the tranquil Oak Creek surrounded by tall lush trees. Each table has their own heated lap in case it gets chilly at night. Its lite with candles and lights around beautiful manicured landscaping making the ambience so romantic and inviting. Service is professional & classy as expected. Food was amazing. My husband has the Foie torchon, I had the crap crepe, both were delish. Parsnip velouté was the best soup I've ever had. Scallops and his steak were cooked perfectly. Ambience is worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST IN SEDONAtomdDined on 5/14/2014One of the best places in the world to have a great meal near a rushing stream.Special Features:
- Creek and CuisinefoodidentityDined on 5/12/2014Dining by the burbling creek in radiant sunshine with a chorus of bird songs as the backdrop leads to a virtual reverie of delight! Service is warm, personalized, and timely. The food is delicious with an array of choices for any taste. Starting with the scrumptious olive-mayonnaise dip and breadsticks (the recipe for the dip was willingly given) and moving on the kale salad or the salmon burger or the scallops accompanied by a glass of Pinot Noir, I found that life was grand!Special Features:
- Unbeatable settingBruno68VIPDined on 5/12/2014The setting by the creek is amazing and unbeatable. Menu is ok, nothing too fancy. Food was good, but not great. Service was lacking honestly, I was surprised. I asked for bread that never came, my water glass sat empty for 10 minute, etc... Still recommend this place as the setting is magical.Special Features:
- Great View!DesertKatDined on 5/10/2014Excellent view and deserts. Everything else was sub par. L'Auberge has done a lot to become gentrified over the past several years, but has lost some of its finest qualities in the process. Slow service. Cold food and coffee. Produce not ripe. Very odd handling of pricing on deserts and the associated billing. Don't think they were appropriately prepared for the Mother's Day weekend crowd. If I go again, will try to plan for a less crowded day/time and order only cold items on the menu when seated creekside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Really enjoyed our meal, from location, food to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014lovely setting for dinner. Service was great. Food was artfully presented and flavorful. Very good experience.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining ExperiencehappytastebudsDined on 5/8/2014We live in the Phoenix area and had family visiting from out of town so we decided to take a day trip to Sedona. I made lunch reservations at L'Auberge on Oak Creek. Driving into Sedona is simply breathtaking. L'Auberge is the perfect complement to the beautiful surroundings in Sedona. Through Open Table, I requested dining for four down by the creek. Our table was perfect. We were right down by the water and our waiter put on two heaters to take the chill off the air. We all ordered a different entrée from the menu and we were all very pleased. The wine and cocktail list was perfect. We ended our afternoon sharing a dessert. Our dining experience was paced beautifully. I give this dining experience a 5 star experience!Special Features:
- judyDined on 5/7/2014For the price, food didn't measure up. Quality of service was not "fine dining". Lunch at creekside was wonderful. tSpecial Features:
- Wonderful special birthday dinnerluvromanceDined on 5/7/2014We had a great dinner for my birthday! Our waiter was excellent and very attentive. We wanted to sit outside but it was raining. However, I have been there for dinner on another birthday and we sat next to the water ! Absolutely wonderful !Special Features:
- Pricey/un-attentiveHikeDineRepeatDined on 5/5/2014Staff fawned over celebrity causing poor service for us regular folks. Over priced. Unusual combinations of flavors sounded good but actually did not work well together. Disappointing but outdoor setting is lovely.Special Features:
- Best in SEdonaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014Beautiful Creekside setting, attentive service and excellent food. We went for Brunch which was superb.. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.