L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek
301 L'Auberge Lane
Sedona, AZ 86336Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lauberge.com/
- Phone: 9282821661x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rochelle Daniel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Patio Room is a small private room, overlooking Oak Creek. It seats up to 12 guests in an intimate setting.
- Private Party Contact: David Crans 9282044353x
A word from L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek
No visit to Sedona is complete until you've experienced the fragrant aromas and delectable flavors of the award-winning L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek. Offering the finest Mediterranean inspired American cuisine, the restaurant provides guests a sophisticated creekside dining experience either outdoors on the open air terrace, weather permitting, or indoors in our glass fronted dining room. Executive Chef Rochelle Daniel's menu features items and themes that change seasonally. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for 19 consecutive years, Sedona's L'Auberge Restaurant boasts one of the largest and most refined selections of vintage wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek - Best Restaurants in Sedona ›
L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (128)scenic view (128)great for outdoor dining (125)special occasion (114)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- romantic outdoorsOldsohoDined on 5/30/2014High end spot in Sedona. Romantic atmosphere outdoors by creek. Food very well prepared with sophisticated touch. Holds it's own with big city quality restaurants.Special Features:
- Beautiful locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014The location is beautiful, right on the Oak Creek in Sedona. The ambiance is very romantic. The hostess, waiters and valet staff were pleasant and seemed to be happy to work there. The waitress Cheryl H was very informative and enthusiastic about the menu. Overall it was a good experience with a beautiful location. The plating was very well done and the menu had a lot of enticing options. I went out of the box to try something new and ordered the duck breast; it was a bit salty. My husband had the filet, and it was cooked med rare but was a bit dry but the sauce and potatoes were delicious. The wine list was well organized and I really enjoyed the Super Tuscan. We had a wonderful anniversary in Sedona and enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting!!Luv2cookDined on 5/28/2014Located right on Oak Creek, the water flowing over the rocks and the outdoor seating and lighting, make for a wonderful dining experience. Although we weren't in a hurry, the timing of the courses was slow. They had no mint so they couldn't make a Mojito. The filet, red snapper, roasted parsnip soup and duck was excellent. The scallops were fair. The crab crepe appetizer was very good. The homemade pasta appetizer was ridiculously small. Don't miss out on the crime brûlée and the chocolate molleux desserts. The only other downfall was that it is definitely not handicap friendly. We took my 91 yr old mother in law and really had to help her maneuver the steps. I would definitely go back, just for the setting!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite of localsedonagirllovesthisspotDined on 5/27/2014There is just not a better fine dining restauant in our town! The special ambiance at Terrace on the Creek is exceptional. Then add the very best server, Michael, along with a perfectly prepared and presented entrée paired with the right wine and it's a memorable evening. We love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner, pompous waiterMarb777Dined on 5/27/2014The food was quite delicious and innovative, however our waiter was a bit pompous. We had a bottle of wine and he was never At the table to pour for us and he never did inquire how our meal was after served. The location is wonderful, however there were Many tiny bugs getting into our drinks, perhaps the staff could give the diners a coaster to place atop the glasses to prevent the bugs from Ending up in your wine or scotch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was "OK"JoffmannVIPDined on 5/27/2014We were one of three tables but very understandable for a Tuesday, however we had 4 different waiters. One that took our drink order, one that took our food order, one who asked how was the food, and another that took our second drink order. I thought that was a little obsessive. The lunch menu was very small for offerings but huge on portion.
- lauraccssDined on 5/23/2014The ambience and setting are unbelievable !!! gorgeous setting...food creative , but I cant say flavors were special. service was ok...depends on waiter either focused or not !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBordenazDined on 5/20/2014We had lunch at L'Auberge and it was outstanding. From the beauty of being creek side on Oak Creek to the impeccable service, it is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Great dinner, wonderful settingFloridaGalDined on 5/18/2014Requested, and received, table outside right on Oak Creek. Second best pomegranate martini I’ve ever had! Our server Joel was excellent- right there when we wanted him, but didn’t “hover”. Crab crepe appetizer and scallop entree were very good. Ordered a dessert with a “wafer” base- wafer was dense and heavy- had to request a knife to cut it! Heaters at each table. Valet service complimentary- valet declined tip. Overall, great food, location and service- would recommend.Special Features:
- 25th anniversary dinnerGaryHDined on 5/18/2014This was a truly memorable experience for our special occasion. We had a prime table by the creek and the food was exquisite. Service was impeccable as well. The multiple- course menu was lots of fun. My wife and I each got the three course meal but she got dessert as one of hers and I got three savory dishes. Since we shared the salad and dessert, we each essentially got four courses. I couldn't imagine a more romantic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Doesn't Get Any Better Than ThisTobyVIPDined on 5/18/2014Sunday Champagne Brunch at L'Auberge-2+ hours of unlimited champagne, mimosas, and bloody Mary's, the latter spicy, tangy and complete with olives, onions, and a sprig of celery--delish; carvery;salad bar; entrees incl.omelets,eggs Benedict, bacon, sausage, egg remoulade, roast pork, quinoa with orange;and a seafood table with shrimp, seared ahi tuna, ceviche, crab claws. Canteloupe gazpacho and the dessert table provided some truly unique choices. Price was $54 pp. which everyone in our party deemed ' good value'. The #1 highlight of the brunch experience was the ambience. Sitting beside Oak Creek with mallard ducks , green foliage and exotic flora, listening to the sound of rushing water-- it doesn't get any better than this!!!!Special Features:
- The following 1116 reviews are from the L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek reviews archive.
- The SkunkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Wonderful evening ... your pet skunk sneaking under our platform made for ongoing chatter ... Wonderful evening, food and service ... and no bugs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor restaurant in SedonaSeattle14nativesDined on 5/16/2014Nothing better in Sedona for outdoor Creekside diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable romantic experienceTynheidsDined on 5/14/2014This is the most romantic fine dining restaurant we've ever experienced and weve done a lot of fine dining! A perfect place to celebrate our 10yr anniversary or any special occasion. The ambience is set to perfection as they have tables along the tranquil Oak Creek surrounded by tall lush trees. Each table has their own heated lap in case it gets chilly at night. Its lite with candles and lights around beautiful manicured landscaping making the ambience so romantic and inviting. Service is professional & classy as expected. Food was amazing. My husband has the Foie torchon, I had the crap crepe, both were delish. Parsnip velouté was the best soup I've ever had. Scallops and his steak were cooked perfectly. Ambience is worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST IN SEDONAtomdDined on 5/14/2014One of the best places in the world to have a great meal near a rushing stream.Special Features:
- Creek and CuisinefoodidentityDined on 5/12/2014Dining by the burbling creek in radiant sunshine with a chorus of bird songs as the backdrop leads to a virtual reverie of delight! Service is warm, personalized, and timely. The food is delicious with an array of choices for any taste. Starting with the scrumptious olive-mayonnaise dip and breadsticks (the recipe for the dip was willingly given) and moving on the kale salad or the salmon burger or the scallops accompanied by a glass of Pinot Noir, I found that life was grand!Special Features:
- Unbeatable settingBruno68VIPDined on 5/12/2014The setting by the creek is amazing and unbeatable. Menu is ok, nothing too fancy. Food was good, but not great. Service was lacking honestly, I was surprised. I asked for bread that never came, my water glass sat empty for 10 minute, etc... Still recommend this place as the setting is magical.Special Features:
- Great View!DesertKatDined on 5/10/2014Excellent view and deserts. Everything else was sub par. L'Auberge has done a lot to become gentrified over the past several years, but has lost some of its finest qualities in the process. Slow service. Cold food and coffee. Produce not ripe. Very odd handling of pricing on deserts and the associated billing. Don't think they were appropriately prepared for the Mother's Day weekend crowd. If I go again, will try to plan for a less crowded day/time and order only cold items on the menu when seated creekside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Really enjoyed our meal, from location, food to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014lovely setting for dinner. Service was great. Food was artfully presented and flavorful. Very good experience.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining ExperiencehappytastebudsDined on 5/8/2014We live in the Phoenix area and had family visiting from out of town so we decided to take a day trip to Sedona. I made lunch reservations at L'Auberge on Oak Creek. Driving into Sedona is simply breathtaking. L'Auberge is the perfect complement to the beautiful surroundings in Sedona. Through Open Table, I requested dining for four down by the creek. Our table was perfect. We were right down by the water and our waiter put on two heaters to take the chill off the air. We all ordered a different entrée from the menu and we were all very pleased. The wine and cocktail list was perfect. We ended our afternoon sharing a dessert. Our dining experience was paced beautifully. I give this dining experience a 5 star experience!Special Features:
- judyDined on 5/7/2014For the price, food didn't measure up. Quality of service was not "fine dining". Lunch at creekside was wonderful. tSpecial Features:
- Wonderful special birthday dinnerluvromanceDined on 5/7/2014We had a great dinner for my birthday! Our waiter was excellent and very attentive. We wanted to sit outside but it was raining. However, I have been there for dinner on another birthday and we sat next to the water ! Absolutely wonderful !Special Features:
- Pricey/un-attentiveHikeDineRepeatDined on 5/5/2014Staff fawned over celebrity causing poor service for us regular folks. Over priced. Unusual combinations of flavors sounded good but actually did not work well together. Disappointing but outdoor setting is lovely.Special Features:
- Best in SEdonaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014Beautiful Creekside setting, attentive service and excellent food. We went for Brunch which was superb.. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchSophieCocoDined on 5/4/2014We were visiting our home in Sedona, and decided to have an early Mother's Day brunch at L'Auberge. We had been here on our last visit, but we were not able to enjoy sitting at the creek as it was raining. I have really bad arthritis and my knees don't like stairs! The food for the brunch was set up upstairs. I made it up to get my food and our server made sure she was there so that she could carry my food down for me! Wonderful service at our table too! I had a wonderful brunch! And will return each visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Auberge fantastiqueBillT11Dined on 5/3/2014Had table for two on the creek, staff was very accommodative, the waitress was very knowledgable, the food and the wine pairings were perfect. It may be considered pricey for some, too that I would say that here you spend more you get more. Kudos to o ur waitress Marlo, the way wait staff is supposed to be. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a lovely experienceeyemanDined on 5/3/2014L'Auberge is one of our all time favorite restaurants, our party of 4 had a wonderful time, the filet & salmon was excellent, the scallops were not as good as in the past. A bit disappointed, we had requested Michael as our waiter & we were celebrating our anniversary, which we had said when the reservation was made & mentioned when confirmed, but both were neglected! All in all, was a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- SuperiorDSVegasDined on 5/2/2014This restaraunt was wonderful in every way. The setting by the creek is one of a kind. The food was absolutely amazing. The service was second to none. If you have the chance, take it. It's an experience unlike any other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'auberge creek side diningSuezeeDined on 5/1/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at l'auberge and we were not disappointed. The view is beautiful with flowers and a truly flowing creek. It was cool from the hot sun. At night the heaters are ignited to take off the chill. There are outdoor firepits for after dinner drinks and conversation. The food and service were outstanding! Elegant. Special. We will be back before our next big anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting; great grubIcefishDined on 4/30/2014Outdoor ambiance beside Oak Creek; the place for a leisurely lunch; understated presentation with perfect taste and proportions. Don't be in a hurry, enjoy the occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful!m5driverVIPDined on 4/28/2014Wonderful meal in a truly unique setting. Chef will pair courses with great wines - very nicely done.Special Features:
- Beautiful!!SueHVIPDined on 4/28/2014Beautiful spot for a quiet lunch or romantic dinner. We had lunch--food was good, but you really dine here for the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnersunbeamDined on 4/27/2014What a treat! We were stunned by the fabulous location. Only wish we had come earlier so we could have seen it better. Dining by the creek was wonderful and the food matched the atmosphere. It is an experience we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014We had seen pictures online before we traveled to Sedona and knew we had to make it one of our stops! We went for lunch the day we left the sedona area. View was gorgeous...very romantic. Service was excellent. Only disappointment was it was a very expensive lunch in comparison to the quality of the food. The food was ok...not horrible by any means...but was not worth what we paid at all. I guess you truly are paying for the experience...which was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and service winnersJPP1995Dined on 4/22/2014Creek side dining coupled with service staff who strive to make you happy! Menu tends to describe dishes that set a higher expectation than what is actually delivered. Prices high for level of food quality but some dishes will surprise and delight you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sedona FindTimandDonnieDined on 4/21/2014Fine Dining over Oak Creek in the heart of Sedona. Wonderful atmosphere, valet parking that will not accept tips and wonder food!Special Features:
- Great food in spectacular settingmix579VIPDined on 4/19/2014Food was very good, high end French. Colorado lamb and filet mignon were prepared perfectly. My favorite was the Bibb salad with dungeoness crab meat and blue cheese. Desserts were also yummy although "conservative". What makes it worth five stars is the gorgeous location, right on beautiful Oak Creek. Doesn't get much more romantic. All in all, very pricey but justified by quality of food and the setting.Special Features:
- beautiful setting but...JandMomDined on 4/19/2014while the setting is beautiful. the service is lacking. took almost 10 minutes before initial greet from the waiter. the waiter was unable to make recommendations - "I havent had that in a while" or "they're usually good". the food was good but not outstanding. the soup of the day carrot/ginger was actually tomato basil. the heirloom tomatoes on the chicken ceasar weren't "roasted" as described on the menu.Special Features:
- Still a GREAT restaurantLove2eatDined on 4/18/2014We returned to L'Auberge recently on a visit to Sedona. I think the last time we were there was 10 years ago and it is still incredible. It was a drizzly night, and the folks that had made reservations on the patio by the creek were disappointed, but one large family did sit on a covered patio that was heated. I was happy we were inside! I had the crab crepe which was one of the most spectacular appetizers I think I have ever had, my husband had the pasta with clams, would not have been my choice but he was over the moon! For dinner we had scallops and the duck breast, both award winning. And not to ignore the staff, obviously well trained but also about the nicest group you have ever met.Special Features: