The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
2112 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/atlantic-city/specials
- Phone: 6094411100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday 4pm-10pm Friday 4pm-11pm Saturday 12pm-11pm Sunday 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Alex Urbieta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot in Atlantic City has several different areas available for private parties. We are able to host private parties from 2 to 212 guests. This includes 3 party rooms ranging from 12 to 52 guests. Our "Lovers Lane" features eight private booths for two that provide a very intimate setting for that special night out. Our dining room features seven VIP booths, each in their own private room. All of these options are sure to give you and your party a perfect night out!
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Haney 6094411100
- Special Events: The restaurant is conveniently located at The Walk in the center of Atlantic City and can seat 212 guests. This includes 3 party rooms ranging from 12 to 52 guests. Buy outs are available, call for information and let us help you plan your next event.
- Cross Street: N. Missouri Ave
- Public Transit: All public transportation as well as the Jitneys are available to and from our restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Discounted $5 valet service after 4pm. The valet is located one block north on Atlantic Ave. Turn right immediately after Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. There is also public parking at the SJTA- Atlantic Ave. lot diagonally across the street from the restaurant. Bear right off of the AC Expressway between Arctic Ave and Atlantic Ave. Parking is also available in the Caesars parking garage located directly behind the us. The "Temple" parking garage is closest to the restaurant.
A word from The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
At the Melting Pot we offer an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as the finest cheese fondues, meats, seafoods, vegetables and chocolate fondues available. No matter whether you're planning a romantic date, a business meeting or just a get together with friends, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (66)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (29)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Melting Pot melts my heartprags330Dined on 5/2/2014Excellent!!! One of the best dinning experiences I've ever had!!!! Great service, food, and very reasonably priced. I recommend going for any special occasion anniversary, birthday, holiday etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Excellent dinner with full accomodations for gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best night EVER!honestreviewshonestlyDined on 4/28/2014This was my 31st birthday celebration. I was greeted at the door with birthday wishes, the night was the most romantic best nights of my life. The waitresses were amazing, so nice and helpful. It was amazing. Our own room, amazing food, good service. I would recommended this to any and every one.Special Features:
- LovelyAmazingDined on 4/26/2014This place was amazing, my server was so sweet and the food is surprisingly fulling! We have some Mosacato which was delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014Food was wonderful. Our server was excellent. Enjoyed every moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placeamyeckDined on 4/24/2014It was our first time at The Melting Pot and we were celebrating my daughter's 21st Birthday! What a great place! Everything was excellent , from being greated at the door to leaving! Would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommend!stardove420Dined on 4/20/2014Considering it was my finacee and I first time at the Melting Pot, we had a blast! We really had a great time with our meals. We had the four course meal starting with the cheese fondue, salad, seafood entree and then the dessert. What a great way to spend my birthday dinner. Hamilton was our server and he was funny and extremely informative. He took his time to explain to us how to cook our meal, he was extremely patient with us. Thank you for making my birthday dinner a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Saturday Nightjam32Dined on 4/19/2014Arrived at around 10PM to the restaurant. The food was very excellent and the fondue experience itself set a great ambiance for our date between my girlfriend and I. Our food was very good and it must be stated that the service really was top notch. I left Melting Pot completely full and satisfied. The experience is not one to be done frequently in my opinion, but we will definitely be coming back to the Melting Pot for special occasions in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you know what to expectfoodeaterDined on 4/19/2014If you've been to the Melting Pot before, you know the food is good, but it just takes a super long time. If you are going on a date, come with a lot to talk about because both times I have been there it has taken 2 hours for 2 people. I'm not a huge fan of cooking my own food, so I marked the food at 4 stars and it's really really slow, so I marked service 4 stars.Special Features:
- The melting potLisaDinJerseyDined on 4/18/2014Great food, service, overall dining experience. Slightly overpriced. Didn't like the extra fee for "cooking method", should be included since it's really not an option, you HAVE to cook it! Would definetly return:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special, Romantic NightButtercupBabeDined on 4/17/2014My husband and I are able to get away from our son only once a year. This is the second year in a row that we visited the Melting Pot for our "one night a year." We enjoy the feeling of being secluded in our own private space. It's romantic and we get share food and have a great, quiet, relaxed time. The only reason that I'm not giving five stars is that my food was WAY too spicy. I got the French Quarter plate and the chicken AND shrimp were covered in a Cajun spice. It was too much and overwhelmed my palate. Everything I ate had the flavor after that. I couldn't finish it. If we come here again next year, I will choose something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fondue experience.TripleCDined on 4/17/2014This is my 2nd time to the Melting Pot Atlantic City location. My sister and I had a great time. Our waitress, Alex, was excellent. She went above and beyond with a birthday message plate for my sister since we were celebrating her birthday. Our four course ladies night menu was superior. This restaurant is our staple restaurant every time we go to AC for now on! Thanks again for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot - A/CMarkDined on 4/16/2014The usual from the Melting Pot. Fun, albeit expensive. Fun for kids - they actually have a kids menu but you have to ask. Super romantic if you ask for a secluded booth off to the side. It's an experience that's worth doing if you can afford it, but what they actually sell is that, the experience, not the food. Perhaps a good parallel is a rooftop restaurant. They sell the view, not the gourmet part of their menu. Fun to do but don't expect to come away with a feeling that you've had a gastronomic triumph. Dinner for two with 2 cocktails each was $130. (For the record, the only rooftop place I've eaten - and my GF loves them so I've eaten at many - with truly GREAT food is Top of the World at the Statosphere in Las Vegas. Try it.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with the kidsJenniferVIPDined on 4/11/2014I brought my 9 year old step son and 11 year old step daughter and they loved it! They constantly ask to go back. The service was great. The food was sooo yummy. We could barely finish the s'mores but it was so good we couldn't stop.Special Features:
- Fake promotioncheeseloverDined on 4/10/2014I went to dine here for the national cheese week only to not receive the free cheese I was promised via email. In this email it specified that reservations must be made over the phone. However, when the phone call was made (three phone calls actually hours apart) not only was the phone not answered but the recording directed me to make the reservation online, which i did using my cell phone. Of course this method prevented me from noticing a comment section to notify the restaurant we would be joining them to celebrate cheese week. Therefore, I notified the host upon our arrival who sent the manager over to deny us of our free cheese simply because we did not inform them with a phone call. I left furious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLEdlee18Dined on 4/9/2014We had tall Brian a pure server and he WA fantastic as well a the foods i got the 4course and my husband and i shared the cheese fondue and chocolate and out was perfect! Their ingredients were fresh and vibrant. The quality and quantity were perfect and filling. I can not wait to go back for another meal and also buy the garlic wine seasoning is to die for. If you're a spice person or cook all-out you will understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014Our server Jeff was the worst we have had anywhere. It Appears as their weren't any bus boys on on wednesday night but it was slow so it shouldn't have impacted service as much as it did. My husbands water sat empty for well over two hours mine for well over an hour. Our salads were brought out about 15 minutes after finishing our cheese an then the oil for our entree wasn't brought out until 20 minutes after we had finished our salads. I understand not being rushed but then our entrees weren't brought out until 30 minutes after the oil we waited about another 20 minutes for a box once we finished our entrees (no bag)and then atleast 20 minutes after he Finally cleared the table for Jeff to bring out the wrong chocolate. Won't be going backI would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingamazingDined on 4/5/2014The food was awesome. My girlfriend had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other patrons having a bacheloretteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2014Other patrons having a bachelorette dinner were pretty boisterous but it was Atlantic City. Waiter was a little distracted but we had a good time.
- parents night outbuckDined on 4/5/2014We had a great night out for my husbands birthday, leaving the kids at home! The experience is always fun, although it is a bit pricey considering the actual entree sizes are not very filling for the men. But the food was delicious. We will def go again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeRyanDined on 4/4/2014I took my wife for her anniversary and we had a great time. Niether of us had ever been there before and were a little skeptical. Our waiter Vinny did a great job of explaining everything and put us at ease right away. Cheese and chocolate fondue were amazing. Food was very good as well. It was an expensive evening, but I knew that going into it and thought it was worth it. Overall, we had a great time and would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service good foodMikeyPADined on 3/30/2014Server was awesome any food was good. Nothing special but good nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there and reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014First time there and really shocked on how good the food actually was. Had a great time and would love you go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightJaySDined on 3/26/2014Came here as a first timer with my girlfriend. Loved every second of it. Waiting staff was excellent, drinks were good and the food was to die for. I'm definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect. FromjjblDined on 3/24/2014Everything was perfect. From the hostess through the entire meal. Couldn't have asked for better.Special Features:
- could have been betteratetomuchDined on 3/23/2014We were a group of four and seated in the "VIP" private table.For 4 adults it was tight and the table was cluttered The table has only one table top burner so all seated had to share ,the quoted cooking times had to be doubled the cooking oil would cool down so much the batter was unable to stick to the food when removed from the oil. We went on a Sunday evening the place was empty and there were plenty of 2 burner tables open. Great Table for a party of two, For 4 people get a 2 burner table I would probably not dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with step kidsJenniferVIPDined on 3/20/2014I took my 9 and 11 year old step kids here for dinner mid week as a last minute decision. BEST IDEA EVER! Yes, a little expensive but worth it. They really enjoyed it. The restaurant was busy so our server, Hamilton also had help from Max. They were the best. I have been there before but the kids had not. Both guys took time to explain everything to the kids. I have never had such great service, in any restaurant. The kids enjoy the food so much, we ordered extra shrimp and chicken and beef. They barely finished the s'mores dessert! They were in a food coma in the car on the way home. We planned to walk the game piers but they were not open. THANKFULLY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014I like the 4 course meal, but you used to choose the consommé for your entree, didn't like the consommé with my meat. The consommé was choose for us, I tried that before and didn't like it. Wanted to try the the red wine bourginone that you had before. Apart from that everything else was delicious and our server Michael was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014The meal portions were very small and it is way overpriced. When leaving there not only was I still hungry but I felt ripped off. Two thumbs way down.
- It was my daughter's SweetAdventurousDined on 3/15/2014It was my daughter's Sweet 16th birthday present. And it was nothing short of wonderful. Plenty of food even for one of the girls in our group that isa vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been going to theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014We have been going to the AC Melting Pot for years for my friends birthday. I almost did not go because our last experience was terrible. They said they had valet parking, there was a thunderstorm. Their idea of valet parking was to take my car 2 blocks away and drop it off. So we ran back to the restaurant in the rain. When we were done with our meal I asked the girl at the front to call for my car. After waiting 10 minutes she said that they don't do that and we had to get it from where we dropped it off. It was still raining and we had to wait for it. Had we known that they did not have valet parking we would have been prepared. This most recent visit was wonderful and was the experience that we have come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Few ideas we though would help new customers. A clock by each table to know how long food has been cooking for. Also like a chat on the wall with picture and name or the sauces. And cook times of the food would be helpful and last thing maybe put numbers on the back of the stick to keep track of which one you had in the pot and the new one you just add to the pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined at this restaurantElissaJDined on 3/14/2014We dined at this restaurant on Friday march 14,2014. Our server was Vinny and he was AWESOME! Very attentive. He even talked to the chef to find a vegetarian meal (for restaurant week lunch special) for my sister and mother. He kept us entertained. The food was great, we left very full! Thank you so much for a great experience :) We will be returning :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic meal.DrtbrakeDined on 3/13/2014Absolutely fantastic meal. WOnderful staff. Very different type of meal. Would gladly do again.Special Features:
- Great experience!eveclass731Dined on 3/9/2014It was our first time at the Melting Pot and we had a great experience! The restaurant was beautiful, the service was great, and the food was delicious of course! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was a bit disappointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014I was a bit disappointed that after making dinner reservations for 9pm and arriving approximately 20 minutes early we were not seated until 9:30, after which everything else was fineI would recommend this to a friend.
- March 8thBearDined on 3/8/2014Food was ok. Appetizer and dessert was great much better that the entrée. Our Server was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Just so-soRainmanDined on 3/8/2014Restauarnt week dinner. Very busy on Saturday night, but we were seated after a brief wait after arriving early for our reservation. This was our first time and, after you get past the novelty of having a fondue pot in the middle of your table, there really wasn't anything noteworthy about our dinner.
- Great experience!PenguinkingDined on 3/8/2014It was my first time dining here at the melting pot and I had a wonderful experience! The appetizers and dessert was great and our waiter Shawn was awesome. I can't wait to come back and try new things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceRobertDined on 3/8/2014We had Jillian as our server this evening. She was absolutely the best! My wife and I go out to dinner quite often and we were delightfully surprised with her! She was attentive, informative and very open to do all she could do to meet our needs. After we were done with our dining experience, both my wife and myself commented to each other how fantastic she was and how we felt she was the best server we had in a very long time. Please give her some recognition for a job well done and know that you have a real gem here. You may want to look at a possible management position for this young lady. She really was the absolute best!!! I have worked in Customer Service for 35 years and know when someone has what it takes! Jillian has it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.