The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
2112 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/atlantic-city/specials
- Phone: 6094411100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday 4pm-10pm Friday 4pm-11pm Saturday 12pm-11pm Sunday 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Alex Urbieta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot in Atlantic City has several different areas available for private parties. We are able to host private parties from 2 to 212 guests. This includes 3 party rooms ranging from 12 to 52 guests. Our "Lovers Lane" features eight private booths for two that provide a very intimate setting for that special night out. Our dining room features seven VIP booths, each in their own private room. All of these options are sure to give you and your party a perfect night out!
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Haney 6094411100
- Special Events: The restaurant is conveniently located at The Walk in the center of Atlantic City and can seat 212 guests. This includes 3 party rooms ranging from 12 to 52 guests. Buy outs are available, call for information and let us help you plan your next event.
- Cross Street: N. Missouri Ave
- Public Transit: All public transportation as well as the Jitneys are available to and from our restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Discounted $5 valet service after 4pm. The valet is located one block north on Atlantic Ave. Turn right immediately after Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. There is also public parking at the SJTA- Atlantic Ave. lot diagonally across the street from the restaurant. Bear right off of the AC Expressway between Arctic Ave and Atlantic Ave. Parking is also available in the Caesars parking garage located directly behind the us. The "Temple" parking garage is closest to the restaurant.
A word from The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
At the Melting Pot we offer an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as the finest cheese fondues, meats, seafoods, vegetables and chocolate fondues available. No matter whether you're planning a romantic date, a business meeting or just a get together with friends, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (84)good for groups (52)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (29)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great placeLoriHDined on 6/18/2014Love the fondue concept, it was a fun date night with husband.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!KrisDined on 6/17/2014Our experience at The Melting Pot was phenomenal! We did the 4-course dining option and everyone was soooo stuffed by the time we were done. Everything was delicious and the whole night was so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Service was fantastic. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!NanaDar51Dined on 6/2/2014This was my first visit to The Melting Pot and it did not disappoint! Our waitress was fun and knowledgable too. We had the 4 Cheese (Quatre Fromage) as our main course. The dippers were a variety of raw veggies, apples and white & wheat breads were plentiful, though Danielle offered more. It was Delicious!!! We had such a good and relaxing time. No rush here...they want you to fully enjoy each course. We moved on to dessert from here...The Chocolate Turtle. All fondues are mixed table side by your server. Chocolate, caramel and pecans in our case.Yumm! Dippers ranged from fresh fruits to brownie and blondie bites and marshmallows. Sooooo good!! We highly recommend a visit. Will try the entrees next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodFrenzyDined on 5/31/2014Everything was delicious and the service was great. we got the garlic herb cheese and i wish that would be on the menu permanently. Our wine was good and we loved the lovers lane nook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatness!!JRo609Dined on 5/31/2014Went to The Melting Pot on the recommendation of a family friend. Made reservations through Open Table for dinner for 4 to celebrate a birthday. Ordering was a a little confusing yet simple if that makes sense. When the food came out we were a little surprised it was raw, but the whole cooking yourself was an awesome experience. We were fortunate to have a table with 2 burners so we had 2 different cocking styles. The food was EXCELLENT!! The sirloin was tender the tuna was delicious and sauces were a perfect touch. Customer service beyond expectations. A manager overheard we were military and thanked us and also added a military discount on the already greatly priced meal. Definitely will recommend and revisit soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outrageously overpriced...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014The food was good, not great. Even with a groupon discount I still spent over $90 for dinner for two... Would have been $120 without the groupon discount. The experience was not worth $120Special Features:
- Love this placeJacquiR5Dined on 5/25/2014Love this location and the staff they are always great and you have to love the experience.Special Features:
- HoneymoonMartinJohnDined on 5/24/2014Me and my partner reserved a table for our honeymoon on May 24, 2014. Food was excellent in a romantic decor. Thank you to Tracy and Tom. Both helped us to choose a 4 course meal and they came to make sur that everything was at our satisfaction. Everything was perfect. Great choices !! At the end they made the extra mile to our great enjoyment, they had wrote on a plate Happy Honeymoon :) Thank you guys Me and my partner had a great time. We do recommand this restaurant to all. BTW Tom was at is second day ! Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Dinner with my step daughterJenniferVIPDined on 5/23/2014Dinner was great as usual. I had my 11year old step daughter to be with me for some shopping at the Atlantic City outlets and we decided on dinner here. They took us almost 20 minutes earlier than our reservation and service was great. Jeff was very knowledgeable and knew we were hungry do he was fast with our order. He was very personable and funny. The manager, Joe, came over as their managers normally do which is always a nice touch. I LOVE THIS PLACE!Special Features:
- The following 1666 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Atlantic City reviews archive.
- Say Cheese!MicheleDined on 5/17/2014I love all of the courses at the Melting Pot but I have to say that the fondue cheese is my absolute favorite!! I hate when it ends!Special Features:
- Great night out!MamaO3Dined on 5/16/2014My husband and I loved it! Had a private booth and very quiet. Manager explained the wine list to me and gave some great recommendations! Truly a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awkward Dining and Management FailsWednesdayAddamsDined on 5/13/2014I had a living social & it caused much confusion which made me feel awkward. We inquired the hostess about the LS when we first came in, she got all confused. Then we asked our server who also didnt know & later tried to tell us we couldnt use it bc she confused the stipulations. It was annoying that I had to correct her. Let me just say, our server was very sweet and on point w everything else. But why issue a coupon & not explain to your staff how it works? Clearly a management failure. Our reservation was early so we were the first & only ones in the restaurant. The music wasnt EVEN turned on until half way through our meal. We could hear a manager giving lessons loudly to a server. It all made us feel extremely awkward & uncomfortable.Special Features:
- mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014It was a great mothers day experience. Even my 6 year old had fun and loved the food especially the chocolateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceyPriceyDined on 5/10/2014The food here was very good, but the portion sizes vs. price were not comparable. I can't afford to frequent here too often.Special Features:
- Private room, if availablegleedah18VIPDined on 5/10/2014We like fish, and this place was great. It was a special occasion. Although we didn't request it, there are small private tables (for seating up to 4), and this was perfect for us. You do cook your own food in a broth containing fondue pot in the center of the table. (All the broths are vegan friendly and gluten free.) Our raw pieces of fish were obvious high quality, and were delicious after sitting on a skewer in the broth for about 2 minutes each. Only complaint: If ordering a glass of wine, specify which size your want (5 oz or 8 oz). Our waiter brought us the 8 oz, perhaps as the default when not otherwise specified; only slightly more expensive, but more than we needed. Definitely returning to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made for a beautiful night for 2amazingDined on 5/10/2014almost every table is private or in a corner. we had a fantastic server. knowledgeable of the menu , the area, and the wine list. loved everything. great food, nice romantic night. topped off with a fantastic clean polite server. we will be back...often.Special Features:
- Excellent for date nightJerseygirlDined on 5/9/2014My fiancé and I went to The Melting Pot for a special date night after a long week at work. Our server Tracy was wonderful. She came by to check on us throughout the meal and was quick to refill our drinks. This is a great spot for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014This was our first time there and it was a nice experience. The food and the service were excellent. We had our own room so it was nice and quiet. The cheese and chocolate fondues were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go.love2eatDined on 5/8/2014My wife and I brought my daughter in for her birthday. We loved the experience and the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeTeamfondueDined on 5/6/2014The experience speaks for itself everyone must go see for themselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor servicefoodseekerDined on 5/3/2014Since you're basically making all the food yourself, you're reliant on the quality of the selection which is fantastic. Be prepared this will not be a quick 4 course evening, the food takes time to make, the server will explain all the menu options and in our case, typically forgot about our existence for over an hour at one point. I think our server was slightly overwhelmed because at the end our credit was swiped for the wrong check.Special Features:
- love this place!!!fonduelvrDined on 5/3/2014Been here several times and it's always a friendly atmosphere and a great night out :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- giddy galsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/20146 of us gals went to see Jason Aldean Needed a nise spot to eat . chose you over Ruth Chris . We feel we made the correct choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Start to a memorable day!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We had lunch to celebrate my mother and my best friend's birthdays and we were so glad we decided to go to the Melting Pot. Our server Conor was wonderful and the food was perfect. We will definitely be going back for my birthday :)Special Features:
- WonderfulGreatVIPDined on 5/2/2014Wonderful as always, we had a great bday dinner, it is always a tremendous experienceSpecial Features:
- Melting Pot melts my heartprags330Dined on 5/2/2014Excellent!!! One of the best dinning experiences I've ever had!!!! Great service, food, and very reasonably priced. I recommend going for any special occasion anniversary, birthday, holiday etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Excellent dinner with full accomodations for gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best night EVER!honestreviewshonestlyDined on 4/28/2014This was my 31st birthday celebration. I was greeted at the door with birthday wishes, the night was the most romantic best nights of my life. The waitresses were amazing, so nice and helpful. It was amazing. Our own room, amazing food, good service. I would recommended this to any and every one.Special Features:
- LovelyAmazingDined on 4/26/2014This place was amazing, my server was so sweet and the food is surprisingly fulling! We have some Mosacato which was delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014Food was wonderful. Our server was excellent. Enjoyed every moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placeamyeckDined on 4/24/2014It was our first time at The Melting Pot and we were celebrating my daughter's 21st Birthday! What a great place! Everything was excellent , from being greated at the door to leaving! Would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommend!stardove420Dined on 4/20/2014Considering it was my finacee and I first time at the Melting Pot, we had a blast! We really had a great time with our meals. We had the four course meal starting with the cheese fondue, salad, seafood entree and then the dessert. What a great way to spend my birthday dinner. Hamilton was our server and he was funny and extremely informative. He took his time to explain to us how to cook our meal, he was extremely patient with us. Thank you for making my birthday dinner a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Saturday Nightjam32Dined on 4/19/2014Arrived at around 10PM to the restaurant. The food was very excellent and the fondue experience itself set a great ambiance for our date between my girlfriend and I. Our food was very good and it must be stated that the service really was top notch. I left Melting Pot completely full and satisfied. The experience is not one to be done frequently in my opinion, but we will definitely be coming back to the Melting Pot for special occasions in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you know what to expectfoodeaterDined on 4/19/2014If you've been to the Melting Pot before, you know the food is good, but it just takes a super long time. If you are going on a date, come with a lot to talk about because both times I have been there it has taken 2 hours for 2 people. I'm not a huge fan of cooking my own food, so I marked the food at 4 stars and it's really really slow, so I marked service 4 stars.Special Features:
- The melting potLisaDinJerseyDined on 4/18/2014Great food, service, overall dining experience. Slightly overpriced. Didn't like the extra fee for "cooking method", should be included since it's really not an option, you HAVE to cook it! Would definetly return:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special, Romantic NightButtercupBabeDined on 4/17/2014My husband and I are able to get away from our son only once a year. This is the second year in a row that we visited the Melting Pot for our "one night a year." We enjoy the feeling of being secluded in our own private space. It's romantic and we get share food and have a great, quiet, relaxed time. The only reason that I'm not giving five stars is that my food was WAY too spicy. I got the French Quarter plate and the chicken AND shrimp were covered in a Cajun spice. It was too much and overwhelmed my palate. Everything I ate had the flavor after that. I couldn't finish it. If we come here again next year, I will choose something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fondue experience.TripleCDined on 4/17/2014This is my 2nd time to the Melting Pot Atlantic City location. My sister and I had a great time. Our waitress, Alex, was excellent. She went above and beyond with a birthday message plate for my sister since we were celebrating her birthday. Our four course ladies night menu was superior. This restaurant is our staple restaurant every time we go to AC for now on! Thanks again for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot - A/CMarkDined on 4/16/2014The usual from the Melting Pot. Fun, albeit expensive. Fun for kids - they actually have a kids menu but you have to ask. Super romantic if you ask for a secluded booth off to the side. It's an experience that's worth doing if you can afford it, but what they actually sell is that, the experience, not the food. Perhaps a good parallel is a rooftop restaurant. They sell the view, not the gourmet part of their menu. Fun to do but don't expect to come away with a feeling that you've had a gastronomic triumph. Dinner for two with 2 cocktails each was $130. (For the record, the only rooftop place I've eaten - and my GF loves them so I've eaten at many - with truly GREAT food is Top of the World at the Statosphere in Las Vegas. Try it.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with the kidsJenniferVIPDined on 4/11/2014I brought my 9 year old step son and 11 year old step daughter and they loved it! They constantly ask to go back. The service was great. The food was sooo yummy. We could barely finish the s'mores but it was so good we couldn't stop.Special Features: