New Sheridan Chop House
233 West Colorado Avenue
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
New Sheridan Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.newsheridan.com/
- Phone: 9707289100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Cory Widau 9707289100
- Entertainment: Check out our Historic Bar next door for late night action!
- Cross Street: Oak Street
- Public Transit: From Gondola Station: Walk straight up Oak Street through Elks park and we are straight ahead, right next to the clock tower. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free street parking after 6:00pm.
A word from New Sheridan Chop House
A lively main street steak house offering a selection of the worlds finest steaks, eclectic fresh seafood and daily specials. Executive Chef Erich Owen focuses on the highest quality local ingredients prepared with French technique and American flair. Paired with an award winning wine list, the New Sheridan Chop House is sure to please the most discriminating palates. 970-728-9100 www.newsheridan.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
New Sheridan Chop House - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
New Sheridan Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (22)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (18)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (12)great for brunch (11)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Fantastic restaurant, fabulousDynamoDined on 1/1/2014Fantastic restaurant, fabulous food, great ambience, love the white table cloths, candles. Service is friendly and professional, easy to have a conversation without fighting music or bar noise. Tables next to windows are chilly (ladies, bring a wrap or keep your coat with you) . Avoid the first booth on the left - very tight and hazardous - bus boys use the pony wall that wraps around the booth as their bus station. We were soaked when he hastily put down his water jug on top of it. Won't deter us from eating there again-just avoid that booth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaks, okay otherwiseCamDVIPDined on 12/30/2013Everyone's steaks were great but the sides (creamed spinach, mac & cheese, and asparagus) were average to disappointing and lacked flavor. A great vibe in the place and a great spot in Telluride, but stick to the steaks!
- Need improvements on food timingSandy2012Dined on 12/28/2013Yes, it's a busy time of the year in town. But, we got there at 5:30 to avoid the crowd. Service was slow and our expensive steaks arrived at our table luke warm. Our sides were not hot either. Sent the food back to get heated up. Ended up waiting 15 minutes. I don't know if the kitchen was short handed or no one was coordinating the food delivery. We have eaten here several times and it is usually very good.Special Features:
- A Telluride ClassicAlpinefoodieDined on 12/23/2013The New Sheridan is a Telluride classic. Start with a very welcoming bar. Move onto an efficient and savvy maître D. We then found the menu, wait staff and food top notch. We always look forward to visiting and never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013Always a good quality meal and great service. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usualmikeDined on 12/14/2013Everything was great/!!!!!! From service to wonderful food.Special Features:
- Our server dissed usSnubbedDined on 12/14/2013Server was very rude and condescending. We love Telluride for its relaxed and friendly atmosphere. People are so nice in Telluride but not at the Chop House. Plenty other great restaurants, don't waste your money here.
- Sheridan Chop HouseMiloDined on 12/6/2013Always the best food, exceptional service, top drawer wait staff. New menu selections compliment the tried and true selections. Can't say enough. Chop House is the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceDenaDined on 10/10/2013The food was good, but the service was very poor for a restaurant of this caliber. They did not even keep our water glasses filled. Go to Allred's instead--the food is amazing, and the service is spectacular!
- A good time!EasylivinDined on 10/7/2013It was a great dinner with genuine and sincere people all around. The staff gives just the right amount of attention without being obtrusive. The table was beautiful, the attention to service was impeccable and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualmikeDined on 9/14/2013Food, wine and desserts A+ as usual. Our server, Johnny, again made it a very memorable evening with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2013We had a fantastic dinner at the New Sheridan Chop House. They gave us a very romantic private table, and the food and service were wonderful. We would definitely go back next time we're in Telluride. Delicious!Special Features:
- Outstanding (as usual)UWIS66Dined on 9/2/2013This is a GREAT restaurant. Outstanding in every way -- food, food presentation, menu choices, service, ambiance, etc. We always eat here when in Telluride.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening With FamilyRustyDined on 8/23/2013The food was outstanding. We are going back for another steak dinner Monday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special Occasion RestaurantRosieATXVIPDined on 8/22/2013New Sheridan Chop House was such an experience. The food is great, the drinks are strong and the wine list extensive. It is pretty pricey as well. My husband and I treated ourselves to dinner here on a recent vacation with our kids (the kids got a sitter) and it was a nice break. Our meals were excellent. We hope to visit again!Special Features:
- BeyondDebellenaVIPDined on 8/18/2013We had never been to Telluride. A lot of times in resort towns the restaurants are overpriced and the food not as good as it should be. Sheridan Chop House hit it out of the Park. We can't stop talking about hoe amazing it was. Everything we ordered from the appetizers, to the main course, to the side dishes were outrageous. Everything was delicious. Creative and beyond. We loved it so much we want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great meal!FairfaxVAVIPDined on 8/17/2013What a great meal at the Chop House! The steaks were really flavorful and perfectly cooked - rare inside, seared outside. The appetizers and desserts were both really special, and we received great service and a good wine recommendation from our waiter. Not an inexpensive meal by any means, but one that was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chophouse NEVER disappoints!ARenauldVIPDined on 7/20/2013We love taking our guests to the New Sheridan Chophouse! Always great food, outstanding service and guaranteed wonderful time! Ray always takes great care if our groups! He's the best! We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- A wonderful mealJimPDined on 7/13/2013Arrived a little early, so stopped by the bar for a Manhattan. The bartender made it perfectly! I wandered over to the restaurant which had my table ready by the window with a great view of the mountains and the bustling street. I chose the charcuterie appetizer and the dry-aged buffalo ribeye and pomme frites. The charcuterie tray was wonderful with a standout of these little pickled onions that were exquisite! My steak arrived perfectly cooked and exceedingly tasty and a huge of pommes frites arrived too. I accompanied the steak with a glass of Chateau Montelena cabernet. I had planned on finishing with a plate of cheeses, but I was so pleasantly full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED the new menu - especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/9/2013LOVED the new menu - especially the tuna burgers! Still our fav in Telluride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant!PleasedVIPDined on 7/6/2013Cosmo continues to impress with the best dining experience in Telluride. We're long time locals and this is our favorite restaurant in town by far. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLuvnlifeDined on 7/4/2013Loved it! The atmosphere was casual and the food was great. The pork belly appetizer melts in your mouth. The main courses are just as good. We had the bone in ribeye and the bison ribeye both were cooked to perfection. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedUptownDinerVIPDined on 7/1/2013Read all the reviews and knew this was one of the top 5 Telluride restaurants, but we were really impressed by the great food and service. Outstanding ribeye...ladies shared a filet and it arrived plated separately and cooked perfectly. Well-heeled crowd, but we felt over-dressed in khakis and long sleeves! Pricing is a la carte and in line with a fine steakhouse.
- Great Yet AgainNapadinerDined on 6/19/2013We have dined here several times and it is always one of our favorites in Telluride!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!joanieDined on 6/16/2013We celebrated Father's Day dinner here, and it was the tastiest, most delicious meal of our week in Telluride. The elk loin was superb, as was the red snapper. Definitely a great dining experience, and will go there again on future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in The Hi CountryluvhicountryDined on 6/8/2013The mussels are delicious, the cod/halibut a stretch, both dishes could be delightful if prepared differently. The service very good. The house Pinot Noir very tasty.Special Features:
- PerfectFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2013The food and the service are always great. They have generous wine pours wines by the glass. Have the elk, it's outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and amazingFirstTimerDined on 5/29/2013Great service and amazing food. Loved it all, and I hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- Go for the LambKathiRDined on 5/19/2013The lamb at the Sheridan is excellent. Also highly recommend the elk short loin. Service is very good and the tables for two are excellent.Special Features:
- Where have we been?DebIVIPDined on 4/6/2013For some reason, we haven't ventured in here for several years. The food was great. We had the trout and the salmon. Both were wonderful. Our servce was good as well. We'll put The Chop House back in the rotation when we're in town.Special Features:
- overall very good. severalGreerDanDined on 4/6/2013overall very good. several steaks were over or under cooked. could be due to the end of the ski season.Special Features:
- WonderfullovefoodDined on 3/26/2013I have eaten here three times and have always had delicious meals, great service, and a warm atmosphere. I would highly recommend for anyone staying in Telluride to give it a try.Special Features:
- Best Ever!ScottWVIPDined on 3/19/2013My favorite restaurant in Telluride, they serve the best filet I have ever had. Everything about this place is A+.Special Features:
- Fresh, Delicious, Savory, & FUN!cvillejurDined on 3/18/2013This is an old favorite in Telluride, has recently been renovated but still retains the old ambiance of a mining town establishment. WE tried many different dishes (elk, steak, salad, seafood) - my salmon was amazing. We chose an Alexander Valley red blend and the wine was perfect. Cocktails were inventive and delicious. Dessert disappeared in seconds. The Chop House reminded us of why we love it so much. Good friends, great service, awesome eclectic dishes, luxe surroundings, all in a space that harkens back to another time. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Our family really enjoys itScragglewartVIPDined on 3/18/2013We have been to SCH three or four times for dinner with the whole family. Nice ambience, good service.Good steaks. Good wine. Excellent vegetable sides. Everything you'd want in a chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedScragglewartVIPDined on 3/18/2013Everything you'd want in a chop house. Good steak, Good wine and Good service! I highly recommend getting lots of vegetable sides - they are all excellent. We've had dinner here about 3 or 4 times and every meal has been very good. The only reason I do not give it 5 stars is that I did not think the steak (NY strip) was excellent- just good. But this restaurant is definitely worth going to in any case.Special Features:
- Charming yes, good Steakhouse NosandyVIPDined on 3/16/2013The Chop House teeters dangerously on the brink of becoming a classic tourist trap. While its historic building and prime location are special enough to keep the tables full,they are not enough to justify the food which is truly mediocre and the prices which are not. We were disappointed in the flavorless overpriced steaks, and hit/miss side dishes. The service was competent but not particularly pleasant, and a bit rushed for white table cloth dining. We are a well traveled family of foodies and not price sensitive, if the food and service are great we are happy at almost any price. If you are looking for a great steakhouse, the Chop House is not it. If you want to soak up the charm of have a drink at the bar and eat elsewhere for dinner.Special Features:
- We loved the French onionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We loved the French onion soup and the pumpkin cheesecake!Special Features:
- Our table was set in a privatedam411Dined on 3/16/2013Our table was set in a private room just off the main dining room. The waiter had a little trouble understanding our Texas drawl but soon had everything going smoothly. The salads, Frisee and Petite Romaine, were fresh (the quail egg in the Frisee Salad was overdone) and the steaks (10 oz. fillets, rare)cooked to perfection, although the sauces (Horseradish and Bearnaise) one of our guests ordered didn't really add anything, being fairly bland. Braised Brussels sprouts with bacon, cream corn brulee, and mac and cheese with bacon lardons provided just the right amount of comfort food, with each side being enough for two. The salted caramel ice cream dessert was exceptional.Special Features:
- Telluride Must!NucleonVIPDined on 3/13/2013Incredible meal in the heart of Telluride! Wonderful bison rib-eye and lamb chops. Great service. Rather pricey, but well worth it.Special Features: