120 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroromano.com/
- Phone: 2159258880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Bistro Romano provides off-site catering & theme parties for 25 to 2500.
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Friday & Saturday; Mystery Dinner Theater Friday & Saturday - Must call 215-238-1313 for Mystery Theatre tickets.
- Cross Street: Between Front and 2nd
- Public Transit: Septa: 40 Bus, 57 Bus
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Meters are free after 5pm on Wednesday nights . Discounted parking at Park America Garage at 215 Lombard Street: Sunday-Thursday $6, Friday and Saturday $15. Acquire parking pass from hostess.
A word from Bistro Romano
This Historic Landmark, nestled in an 18th century granary, will stimulate your senses with an ambiance of candlelight and casual elegance while creating an unforgettable dining experience. Wine Spectator Award for our wine list! Voted a “Best of Philly” Restaurant, guests enjoy Bistro Romano’s acclaimed Regional Italian Cuisine and rave of the award-winning Caesar Salad prepared tableside and the romantic underground wine cellar for two. Please call for Wine Cellar and Mystery Theatre reservations. We are now celebrating our 25th year! Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (Two Glasses). Over 750 wine selections, including 20 by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Romano - Best Restaurants in Society Hill ›
Bistro Romano reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (168)special occasion (126)neighborhood gem (103)notable wine list (93)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (43)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant has really gone downhill over the years. Even with a groupon, we did not get good value or service. Appetizer was delivered before I received a my glass of wine or a basket of bread. Both of which we had to ask for a second time. The rigatoni was very overcooked. I had more slivers of pasta than whole rigatonis. We were in and out of the restaurant within 40 minutes and this included ordering and paying. Would not recommend this restaurant at all.
- We enjoyed are anniversary dinner!Dee1126Dined on 8/17/2014I would like to thank everyone for making my Anniversary dinner a night to remember. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICMRSF71Dined on 8/16/2014Beginning to end, great service, atmosphere, and Wonderful food. Delicious. Always consistent. Not overpriced.Special Features:
- Wonderful Eveningbritfrompitt1VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Bistro Romano. It exceeded our expectations. Great wine, really good food, excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:
- OkMichaelDined on 8/16/2014We made reservations but still had to wait at the bar to be seated. Also, they have a notable wine list but they didn't have the correct vintage of any of either of the wines we asked for. The staff was very apologetic and professional. Still, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great Food MostlyMizBBKDined on 8/15/2014Hadn't been here for awhile, but decided to go for a family birthday. We each had seafood (fish/pasta) and enjoyed our dishes. The appetizers tasted fine, but were a bit high priced for what we had ($13 for a small plate of thinly sliced mozzarella, small tomato slices and a garnish of roasted peppers). The stuffed mushrooms had a loose sausage mix in a cream sauce--a bit rich. We shared a couple of tiramisus for dessert--very good, but the coffee was served with milk (not cream) and not hot enough. So, mostly good, but could be better.Special Features:
- RecommendedoutoftownerDined on 8/13/2014Very nice restaurant! I was visiting from out of town and the setting was lovely, the dining room quiet, and the food delicious (although my dish was a tad salty). Our waiter was especially great: attentive, charming, and sociable, without being over-solicitous I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experience overallAkendrVIPDined on 8/10/2014We've eaten at Bistro Romano many times and enjoyed it. This time was different. They promoted a special August menu which we reserved. They were sold out of some of the main course entrees and deserts. The remaining ones were paltry. The waiter tried to accommodate us by giving us the appetizers off the special menu, then choosing from the regular menu for the main. I chose something from the regular menu that I had before. This time it was soggy, over cooked and greasy. We may not return anytime soon.
- August AnniversaryWolfDined on 8/9/2014We had a very memorable evening at the Bistro Romano. We had met for our first date 3 years ago at this very romantic dinner spot. The service is great. Our waitress managed to find two wine glasses with the restaurant name on it and wrapped them very carefully in a bag (we did pay for them a very nominal amount). This is a restaurant that will make you want to come back time and time again. Great for couples or just a group of friends. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceKaleidogirlVIPDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant. As out-of-towners, we took a shot since it was close to our hotel. It did not disappoint. We were seated promptly at the time of our reservation. The wine list is extensive. We ordered the Caesar salad prepared tableside, and it was fantastic. The entrees were delicious, and plentiful proportions. There was no room for dessert. Service was very attentive, from the waitress to the manager.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Great place to go if you really want to impress someone romantically. The ambiance of this place is perfect. The Caesar Salad is perfection.Special Features:
- Wonderful anytime!SuzegalVIPDined on 8/5/2014Four had dinner. Everyone was pleased. Caesar salad was wonderful as usual. Decent sized portions for big appetites. I had gnocchi with duck confit. I was very happy. Another had lobster ravioli. He was very happy. Only complaint is that crust of sugar on creme brûlée seemed to have been done in advance. It was not crusty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLboneDined on 8/4/2014I took my daughter there as it has been a while since we got together for a significant meal. I wouldn't go to Bistro Romano to merely eat. This is a place to dine! Love the food...love the atmosphere...love the service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!DonnaPDined on 8/3/2014As always our visit was outstanding. The food was delicious, the service outstanding and it's always nice to feel welcome when you go out to a restaurant. Our server, Ally, was personable, but professional, and made us feel at home. Anthony, the GM, was friendly and welcoming as always. Love this restaurant, wish we could visit more often!Special Features:
- Never dissapointsJohnnyDeeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Have been to this restaurants on a number of occasions over the years, the kitchen is always consistent, the menu is varied, food excellent and they recently added a piano player upstairs. Fabulous, loved it. This restaurant is a hidden gem, no matter what the occasion, restaurant week or a regular Saturday night dinner the kitchen does an excellent job.Special Features:
- Very Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014This place is really cool. Great for a date or special occasion. Our sever Rosie was very good....definitely will returnSpecial Features:
- mixed bag1psuVIPDined on 8/2/2014food-good. wait staff, hostesses very helpful. young bartender should learn some people skills. management was conspicuously absent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Rustic Restaurant11191977Dined on 8/2/2014We arrived early for our reservation and enjoyed drinks and complimentary apps at the bar. When our table was ready, we were seated downstairs in a room with exposed brick walls, wooden floors and beams, and wall sconces. The mozzarella fritti that included eggplant, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, and finished with balsamic was very tasty. The special swordfish entrée was cooked to perfection. The broccoli and sausage Siena consisted of fresh broccoli, tomatoes, fresh basil, delicious Italian sausage, over rigatoni. It too was a hit. Warm, rustic, bread with oil and balsamic for dipping was outstanding. The server was friendly and knowledgeable. A Vincent "Vantini" was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Busy Saturday eveningMrBobVIPDined on 8/2/2014Very busy when we went and many errors occurred. Soup came out cold, salad was not divided for two as requested, coffee was bitter, candle melted all over table twice. Had to remind waiter to bring us our leftovers. Most food was very good, but mistakes made the meal forgettable.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Went to see Book of Mormons but didn't want to pay parking twice so we decided on Bistro Romano. We were lucky to park on the street and get in before the crowds. Attentive staff, delicious food and we were done in plenty of time. We started with the calamari appetizer which was perfect to share but next time I would go for the Caesar salad which they make at your table. My husband's salmon was tasty but my shrimp and scallops over angel hair pasta were the best. Creme Brulee was nice choice for dessert. Great house wines, too. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Jewel of Society HillRyGuyDined on 7/31/2014If you're looking for authentic Italian dishes, outstanding appetizers, and an extensive wine list, all presented by a friendly and accommodating staff....look no further!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place for a special mealPhillyAmyDined on 7/30/2014Our go-to place for a special meal in the neighborhood. Food and service is very good, consistently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bene bistro!foodiefamilyDined on 7/30/2014Took my work team to work here and everyone loved what they got - and we got everything from the duck to the lobster ravioli and paired a delicious Rosso di Montalcino with it. We were there for WOW Wednesday and enjoyed an appetizer, a main and a dessert for only $33 per person and that's quite the deal for the amount of good food we ate.Special Features:
- Will be back againAsk43Dined on 7/28/2014We have been going there for many years. Each time we were happy with the food and the service. We liked it so much so we booked our daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner there two years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2014The Caesar salad is tops in Philly. The gnocchi with duck ragout - the portion was tremendous and the gnocchi were so light and delicious; the ragout was very flavorful. I had the crispy duck entree; it was a tad dry but the accompaniments were very moist and delicious with provided a nice balance. The duck itself was delicious - nice and crispy. My wife had pollo ripieno and she said the flavors were delicious but again it was just a tad dry, it could have used some type of sauce or broth. Our waitress Rosie was excellent and attentive. The atmosphere was quite beautiful and stunning, yet still felt very friendly and casual. We really enjoyed our meal and even made friends with the next table over. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!TomasDined on 7/26/2014Took my girlfriend here on a Saturday night. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was very rustic and romantic. Will absolutely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little hidden gemPMPerformanceDined on 7/26/2014We were looking for a decently priced dinner with good reviews in the city. This was the only place we saw that fit the bill and had great reviews. I put on my reservation we would prefer quiet/romantic seat and they gave us a great seat in the catacombs with rose petals on the table and lot candle. The service was excellent and very prompt. The food was incredible!!! I got a veal dish with mashed potatoes and broccoli Raab which was very tender and perfectly complimented with cheese. My wife got a chicken and pasta dish that was equally as amazing. All in all this was a perfect place to eat a great dinner at a great price without the city primium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food, and more!mdcbkDined on 7/23/2014Dined here with my family on a tourist trip to Philly. Meals were excellent, wine and beer choices were abundant, wait staff was attentive, and atmosphere (in the cellar of an historic building) was just what we were looking for. The bar on the main floor was unique. Would also be great for a romantic dinner- there's even a secluded table strewn with rose petals in the wine cellar. My daughter left her purse at the table and didn't realize until we were 2 hours away. The restaurant searched for, found, and mailed her purse to our home (completely intact). Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impression of PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Was traveling for work with my fiance, and we wanted to go somewhere nice for his birthday after flying in on a Tuesday evening. The old cellar feeling with the art and the spiral staircase really made an impression. The service was excellent, despite me screwing up my groupon redemption. It was hard to pick what to order but we both enjoyed perfectly portioned pasta dinners and even had room for desert, which does not usually happen. I definitely recommend walking around the area and the water front while you are before or after. My one complaint was that I wasn't a fan of the darkness/ orangish lighting. It is such a beautiful place more light would have allowed us to see it all better.Special Features:
- NickVIPDined on 7/22/2014Bistro Romano is special. From the greetings on arrival to the good byes....first class. Food is simply superb. Don't miss the Caesar salad...its special. Wine list is extensive. If you want to make a special romantic night of it.....reserve the wine cellar!Special Features:
- RosinaVIPDined on 7/22/2014Bistro Romano is a mainstay that is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- outstandingluv2eatDined on 7/21/2014Great ambiance. The food was outstanding. The service was very professional and accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 7/20/2014Not sure what they are thinking here. Overpriced for what you get and frankly the service is horrible. Somebody there needs to teach the servers about timing of courses. Took almost 40 minutes between appetizers and main course. Our glasses sat empty for most of the meal except of course for the wine which flowed steadily. We asked for a glass of "house cab" when the check came we learned that the "house cab" we had was $18 dollars a glass which we know is not correct. It is also way too dark in this place. The food is good but the portions are small. Very obvious that everything is over priced for what you get and the service is really lacking.
- Unique Atmospheredinereview14Dined on 7/19/2014We decided to dine at Bistro Romano based on the positive online reviews. Upon arrival we were seated right away and our waiter was very attentive. We sat in the main section of the dining area which was very nice. The atmosphere had a nice unique flavor that was casual and romantic. Live piano music could be heard from the bar area. The food was good, but in comparison to some of the other Philadelphia area restaurants it was not gourmet. The calamari appetizer and the variety of wines by the glass were disappointing. Bistro Romano was given several awards by Wine Spectator so I was surprised that they did not have a better selection of wines by the glass. The specialty cocktail drinks were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncrediblePhillyfoodguyDined on 7/18/2014Top notch all the way around! Service, cuisine, drinks, everything is amazing. Truly a society hill gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic but select Italian dish!townsendDined on 7/17/2014The ambience and staff are outstanding !made reservations for six, but arrived early so that we could enjoy happy hour. Bartender was very accommodating but we were surprised that there weren't munchies for happy hour (pic was deceiving). We were offered two mini pates. We loved the romantic seating in cellar and our servers and bus sees. Wine list is extensive! Disappointed with our food choices should have opted for Italian dishes rather than duck ( I like it w apricot or cherry sauce for a tad sweeter taste) and got served filet in a bowl! Loved the table side Caesar. All in all the epitome of romantic atmosphere w excellent service but food didnot quite match expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGroovypizzaDined on 7/16/2014Awesome, this is the second time here and definitely not the last. Cannot disappoint anybodySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFerhadDined on 7/16/2014The food and ambiance was amazing. I will def come back when I visit this city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehhhhDillyDined on 7/16/2014I ordered two bottles of wine, they didn't have either which is not a problem, but each time it took 5-10 minutes for them to let me know. Sausage stuffed musroom was undercooked and my meal was pedestrian at best. They also own and operate a broken espresso machine which is great.Special Features:
- ChrisCDined on 7/16/2014Celebrating my son's 35th birthday, table of 6. Great food and service. Really enjoyed the Caesar salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.