Elephant Walk, The - Boston
900 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
CambodianPrice: $30 and under
Elephant Walk, The - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elephantwalk.com/
- Phone: 6172471500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:30 - 3:00
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Cambodian, French
- Executive Chef: Nadsa DeMonteiro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether it's for an informal buffet for 20 in your home or a tented wedding for 100, our award-winning cuisine and personal, attentive service will make for an event to remember. Our standard of excellence allows you to relax with confidence and celebrate with your guests, while our incomparable cuisine elevates the entire experience.
As a full-service hospitality resource for planning, executing and managing your custom-tailored event, we will help you create for your guests - and yourself - a uniquely delicious, genuinely satisfying and memorable occasion.
A word from Elephant Walk, The - Boston
The Elephant Walk serves Award-Winning Cambodian and French cuisine. We also feature strong VEGETARIAN and GLUTEN-FREE menus! With so much depth and breadth to our menus, both exotic and familiar, we have something for just about everyone. Cambodian cooking is beautiful and delicious, but still rare in America. Less hot and sweet than Thai, richer and more complex than Vietnamese, the complex spice pastes that are the foundation of many Cambodian dishes reflect Cambodia’s Indian ancestry. Our Cambodian menu features both traditional Cambodian dishes and originals created by our Chef/Owners Longteine and Nadsa de Monteiro, a Cambodian mother-daughter team born and raised in Phnom Penh. Why French too? Cambodia was a French colony for a century, ending in the 1950s. Consequently, our chef-owners were French-educated and grew up speaking French and enjoying French cuisine too. In other words, our Cambodian-and-French theme is an authentic reflection of…us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elephant Walk, The - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (32)good for groups (31)great for lunch (23)romantic (15)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Loveliest place, amazing foodEnGPDined on 3/29/2014I took my husband here for his birthday dinner because it is one of our most favorite places in Boston. Yet again, it did not disappoint. Must try the Roulaude for an appetizer... we get it every time because we dream about them for days after! I had the steak entree this time (for the first time) and it was unbelievable. We had the tuna cievche for an appetizer as well and it was also to. die. for. There are several options for vegetarian diners as well as meat-eaters. Lots of soft candlelight, wonderfully cozy feel. Our waiter, as usual, was a fantastic help when deciding between two options on the menu. We have never tried the Elephant Walk for brunch or eaten at any other location, but this one for dinner is outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CarolDined on 3/29/2014We took our adult kids out to a lovely dinner at The Elephant Walk. First, table ready when we arrived, second: waitress very helpful and Attentive! Third: Spring rolls for an appetizer were delicious and our waitress told us how to eat them with the accompaniments on the platter which was very helpful :-) Salads fresh and tasty. Main dishes came hot, well presented, flavorful and delicious . Food prices were reasonable. We were very satisfied and would Go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousanonDined on 3/24/2014The Elephant Walk was DELICIOUS. I went with friends for Dine Out Boston and everyone enjoyed their meal. Between us all, we almost ate everything on their Dine Out Boston menu. Definitely plan on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing VegetarianEmilyDined on 3/22/2014Extremely flavorful, unique, and not too heavy. Everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great food and service.GJetsonDined on 3/21/2014If you have friends who are gluten free this is a great place for everyone. No one looses here. Very eclectic menu. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love it!!!Love4asyaDined on 3/21/2014I was recommend this place from my coworkers so I decided to go for restaurant week. The food and service was amazing. Now that I found this place I will become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out Boston Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014The food was fantastic and the service was great! It wasn't too crowded since we went for lunch and the ambiance was great. Get the loc lac, you won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Franco-Cambodian fusion?GarryGVIPDined on 3/20/2014The Franco-Cambodian menu is a big part of the fun of this restaurant -- intriguing dishes you won't see much of anywhere else. My experience is that the food has always been at least good, and often excellent. The location just outside Kenmore near the St. Mary's stop on the Green Line is convenient and I enjoy the upscale, casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- great flavor combinationsia2013Dined on 3/19/2014I was there with a friend of mine during dine-out boston. we shared everything and got an appetizer, salad, two entrees and two desserts. the aromas from the appetizer and the entrees were amazing and the combinations between the ingredients pretty innovative. we didn't think that the cabbage paired well with the pork and its sauce, but we loved the sauce on the entrees. the wine list, especially the classification between unusual reds and whites, was a nice surprise. the desserts were indifferent, nothing you would remember or look forward to ordering again. the service was ok, probably the waiter was tired or had a bad day (not impolite, but kept forgetting things and seemed in a hurry to close the tab).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Specialtsmit1313Dined on 3/19/2014I came in with two friends for the Boston Restaurant Week special, and I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly about two adjustments to the size of my party, which I definitely appreciated. Once seated, I was impressed by the ambiance we enjoyed all around us. The food, shifting course by course from Cambodian to French and back again, was delicious. I would heartily recommend this restaurant to all comers, and I will be sure to return someday in the near future! Thank you management and staff for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place in BostonHavanaDined on 3/19/2014I always have at least one meal here each time I'm in Boston. As always service was great and the food was even better. Food was full of complex flavors that were satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter and I have beenPaulineDined on 3/19/2014My daughter and I have been a couple of times now to this place and we love it. The food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Food was phenomenal. The spring rolls were fantastic. We sat by the window so I was beautiful and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dietary restrictionsHungrystudentDined on 3/16/2014I noticed that the menu was very clear about whether the ingredient were gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting combination ofpaoloitalyDined on 3/8/2014interesting combination of Asian and French cookingSpecial Features:
- Food very good Service okayLuvDinnerDined on 3/8/2014Enjoyed the meal. Waitress was not rude but was not helpful either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableDebbieKDined on 3/7/2014Delicious food, fantastic service. Our server was a wonderful waitress from Bosnia and luckily instructed us how to properly eat the vegetarian spring rolls, wrapped in lettuce with a sprig of fresh mint and bean sprouts and dipped in this amazing sauce. Enjoyed some wonderful entrees and scrumptious dessert. HIGHLY recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly excellent food; no matterEyes24VIPDined on 2/22/2014Truly excellent food; no matter what we ordered it was wonderful. Starters, salads, entrees from the French or Cambodian side of the menu -- all excellent choices.Special Features:
- Great find in Audubon CircleBzimmaDined on 2/21/2014Have lived in the area for almost 3 years and never went in. What a mistake! The food was amazing and great service. Nice enough for a great date night but nothing crazy romantic. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemAchillesVIPDined on 2/20/2014I live very close to this Elephant Walk and sometimes take it for granted. My dining experiences here have ranged from outstanding to non-stop disappointment. One constant positive aspect - and the reason for this review - is the waiter named Roberto. He is close to my idea of the ideal waiter: friendly, charming, polite, attentive, and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fineatetooDined on 2/14/2014For a last minute dinner invite. I thought for Valentine's Dinner it was crowded, noisy and too many tables put in. I would recommend this place only as a last resort, if any I would highly recommend the Cambridge location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big menu and romantic ambiancejbostonDined on 2/14/2014I took a date here. She liked it. Therefore, I liked it. The menu is split between traditional Burmese food, traditional french, and a contemporary fusion of the two. That give all members of your party a chance to find something they'll like--good for picky eaters. The ambiance was relatively quiet. More of a date scene than a family or big group scene. Nice and clean. Well decorated. Parking on Comm Ave may be difficult to come by. So guys, plan ahead.Special Features:
- V-dayneilpDined on 2/14/2014Wonderful, romantic experience with superb food and service. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lots of choicesMikeDined on 1/31/2014Very board menu of French and Cambodian, many vegetarian and gluten free choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SurpriseLongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 1/23/2014We were in town visiting and, looking for a spot for lunch on a frigid January afternoon, found EW on OT and what a wonderful surprise! Our server was okay but we had to remind him a couple of times for little things requested, like lemon for our water. But, the food is wonderful. The amrita was so flavorful as was the crepe de canard. Save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Always tastySuzzieDined on 1/17/2014I never understand why this restaurant isn't bringing them in, the food is very tasty, always. It does add up and they could improve their wine list, it's pretty slim pickins. On the Cambodian side where we always order the food is quite tasty. The EW in Waltham closed and I hope that doesn't happen to the Boston location. With just a few updates they should still bring people in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique tasty foodmrpeabodyVIPDined on 1/16/2014The foods have a unique twist on Asian cuisine which is very tasty and it is served in a very comfortable atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerMarybethDined on 1/15/2014My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our dinner at elephant walk. The server was knowledgable about the menu and made some recommendations that were delicious. The restaurant was busy but we never felt like we didn't have the servers attention. The prices are reasonable, especially if you order from one of the prix fixed menus. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- As pleasant as I remember!MaggieDDined on 1/15/2014Elephant Walk has long been on my short list of favorite restaurants but I haven't managed to get there in awhile. It never disappoints. Whenever friends visit from out of town we go to EW to enjoy the Cambodian cuisine. I almost never choose from the French dishes although this time I had duck and my friend had cod and both were delicious. The plates are wonderfully composed, and if you're interested in the vegetables as well as the protein you'll walk away smiling. Both the lemon ginger and cucumber martinis were refreshing and the wine list is well curated and reasonably priced. The service was exemplary! The waitress Mariana was friendly, knowledgeable and allowed us to enjoy our dinner at a leisurely pace, despite the crowded room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always leave Elephant WalkJMackDined on 1/12/2014We always leave Elephant Walk asking ourselves why we don't dine there more often. The food is terrific and varied with a blend of French and Cambodian preparations and always perfectly cooked. One could have a great meal on appetizers alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, flavor loaded dishesalbatross37Dined on 1/11/2014Repeat customer of the Elephant Walk. Always exceptional flavor combinations and inviting menu items. Service is attentive and curteous. Bar (mixed drinks/beer) prices a bit high, but they do have a relatively interesting and price diverse wine list. The prix fix menu is also budget friendly. Overall a consistant winner in the Boston dining scene.Special Features:
- A continuing favoriteBostonKarenDined on 1/11/2014I have gone to Elephant Walk on occasion, for almost 10 years. We've celebrated occasions, and I've also taken clients. This is an excellent restaurant for vegetarians, particularly because of the mix of French and/or Cambodian food. This time, I had the cassoulet, which may be new to the menu. It was very good! My friend had a Cambodian fish dish, which was excellent. We split the mango mousse dessert, which we both enjoyed. The service was excellent, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally lovelyJenErosityVIPDined on 1/11/2014A beautiful space, an impressive and creative menu. Everyone in my party had an incredibly tough time deciding what to order as there were so many things we wanted to try. We'll be back. BTW, I have also been to The Elephant Walk in Cambridge (for lunch, albeit) and while it was lovely, it was not the mind blowing experience that we had at the Boston location.Perhaps it is a lunch vs dinner issue, but I also recall the Cambridge version feeling much more casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualNikkiVIPDined on 1/9/2014I love how they change the steak dish every so often. Every time I go it's better than the last time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- good menuSamsonDined on 1/9/2014Cambodian restaurants are not that common but combined with French makes this a great choice.the tasting menu is a good value.Special Features:
- great food- unique flavorsselmaDined on 1/8/2014I love French food and asian food- this is a great combo of both. Also, great vegan options that definitely don't taste like your typical rice and beans. The ginger curry is outrageous. really REALLY good food, perfect portion size, awesome wine list, service is fine and friendly, ambiance is perfect for a date night or a dinner out with friends. the food is unique but not nuts and i think the menu changes every so often, so it's worth going more than once. really great restaurant- i highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal and excellent service.WTownDined on 12/31/2013Good meal and excellent service. Highly recommend the nataing appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyHKdinningDined on 12/30/2013This place was not worth it. The food was bland at best. The wine list was also not good.Special Features:
- Great tasty fusiontucker54Dined on 12/27/2013Never been here before; went with another couple who had. Both of us surprised at how much we liked the food. The ambience is a little sparse (bare wood floor, rustic tables) but the service was nice and prompt and not intrusive, and the food was quite good; we had the mussels, the smoked bluefish chowder, tuna, and duck, and everyone was happy. We had beer, and it was also fine. Not very expensive; about $50 per person. Valet parking was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/16/2013We had an excellent waiter and the prices were very reasonable for a good mealSpecial Features: