55 Boston Post Rd
Wayland, MA 01778Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.coachgrill.com/
- Phone: 5083585900x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Patrick Lally
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining areas for seated and reception-style events accommodating 10 to 150 guests. Our group dining areas are available for brunch, lunch and dinner. Our team is ready to assist you with planning your event, whether it is a business luncheon or dinner, birthday party, wedding reception, company meeting or other social gathering.
Please call us at (671) 425-5206 or email us at email@example.com.
Hector Tovar, General Manager
Patrick Lally, Executive Chef
Laura Buonarotti, Sales Manager
- Private Party Contact: Laura Buonarotti 8883384127
A word from Coach Grill
Coach Grill introduces guests to a new and unique dining experience focusing on the finest-quality food and five-star service. The Coach Grill offers its guests the finest choice meats aged a minimum of five weeks to ensure extra flavor, the freshest fish and seafood available, as well as a daily rotisserie selection. The dedicated and well-trained staff will strive graciously to accommodate every guest and any special requests. The wine list is specifically designed with the wine aficionado in mind, offering an extensive selection of fine wines from the best regions around the world. The dining room represents an atmosphere of casual elegance with cozy booths, wood detailing, and a stone fireplace. An attractive private dining room is also available to host your next special event, be it family or business dinner, a meeting, rehearsal, or your own dinner party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Coach Grill - Best Restaurants in Wayland ›
Coach Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (52)romantic (49)good for groups (45)notable wine list (32)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- good but not greatAnnieVIPDined on 6/3/2014Have dined here many times. Not as special as it used to be. Went for our anniversary. Extremely loud. At our past few visits, disappointed in the service. Not very friendly nor very attentive. Steaks are good but not particularly tasty, nothing special. Disappointed in changes to their "sides" menu. No alternatives to white starches.Special Features:
- The following 1708 reviews are from the Coach Grill reviews archive.
- Food for thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014We used to frequent coach grill it used to be my wife's favorite restaurant. our last couple of visits Have left us disappointed steaks have been overlooked and baked stuffed lobster undercooked I think the ownership change has a lot to do with it
- Service fell shortLocalLadyDined on 5/31/2014This used to be our go-to celebration restaurant but incredibly bad service last Saturday has problematized that.
- First time but not the lastUrsaMajorDined on 5/28/2014I had read a number of review that said the Coach Grill had slipped from its former glory, but on my first visit last week, my wife and I were very impressed. The service was outstanding: attentive without being annoying and the pacing of the different courses was perfect. The food was very good -- cooked perfectly, but be warned that the portion sizes are very large. The only complaint on the food was a bit-too-liberal use of salt. The wine list had a solid variety of regions and prices such that even a wine connoisseur would fine something interesting to try. In all, one of the better dining experiences I've had in the Greater Boston area -- Highly Recommended.Special Features:
- Awesome!ElaineDined on 5/26/2014My husband and I love this restaurant and are never disappointed! We give it A++!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Meal with ok ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014We were a party of 6 on Sunday evening. All of us enjoyed our meals and everything regarding our food choices were wonderful. There were some issues with service. Although our server seemed to be quite seasoned, he missed the mark on attentiveness towards our table. Water glasses were empty, and we needed to ask for them to be filled. The trip to the bar for our wine/drinks seemed to take forever. Our dinner choices were made after took orders from surrounding tables that were seated after us. Special instructions with the host were made via open table and were not looked at. The host did give us a dessert to go once I notified her of the mistakes @ our table. Just not the service and expectations that we expected while dining at CG.Special Features:
- EpicureanDined on 5/25/2014Pleasant, comfortabke ambience. Mixed salad and dressing well prepared. Long time to get bread. Delicious warm bread. Rotisserie chicken flavorless. Onion soup too much cheese. But good quality. Roast beef and creamed spinach well prepared. Temperature of entrees and soup could have been hotter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFlowersDined on 5/25/2014We have been coming here for many years to celebrate our anniversary and birthdays. Just not the same....Had to finally ask for the bread basket after tables that were seated after us received theirs first. Our waiter was very slow as was how long it took to get our meals. Even the steaks were not great! Had arranged for a complimentary dessert to be delivered which was just a scoop of vanilla ice cream (ugh)! Probably will find a new favorite place. This experience did not make us feel pampered nor valued as customers as in the past.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellentcau3VIPDined on 5/23/2014We can always count on great food and great service. Expensive place, but you get what you pay for...
- Great MealDLsfavoriteDined on 5/23/2014The food and the service were great. Impressed my out of town guests from Texas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous dinnerDlB2VIPDined on 5/20/2014We just had the most delightful and tasty dinner in a while. The staff was superb and the dinners perfectly prepared. I had the lamb shank and it was the best I have ever had. My wife had the Beef Wellington and it was perfect as well.Special Features:
- Consistent!EatoutlotVIPDined on 5/19/2014Love this restaurant! You can always count on great cocktails and food. The staff is warm and very accommodating. I frequent The Coach Grill because it is consistently delicious! You will NEVER be disappointed! During the week is more relaxed the weekends are packed you MUST have a reservation or wait until 9:30-10.Special Features:
- DisappointingdrjlopezVIPDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant came with great reviews and we could not get into Capital Grill so we tried it. Two of us ordered a lemonade cocktail which tasted like cough syrup so we sent it back and they replaced them with another cocktail that was good but it took too long. Next the prime rib was very tough, I struggled through mine but my wife could not cut hers so they refunded the price. The manager was very nice. Not a great evening for a graduation dinner.
- CoachDinerDined on 5/17/2014The food and service were outstanding ! Everyone's meal was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014So so Caesar salad; hand cut fries not cooked through; aged Kansas City strip dry & not great quality--hard to cut & left most of it over. Knifes not sharp enough--went through 3 & gave up. Very disappointing experience!7
- An enjoyable evening2superbmealsDined on 5/11/2014Initially we were seated in a small dining room where someone had a medical emergency, 911 was called and we all vacated the room. The maitre'de got everyone displaced reseated very quickly evening though the main dining room was packed. Fresh breads and salads were brought to us (having left everything behind) and after our meal we were told the dessert and coffee was on the house! That was certainly unexpected. I noted a table by us, also displaced, got a bottle of wine. Very good PR move. The meal was excellent and the server very attentive and kind. We enjoyed the evening very much, especially when told the woman with the medical emergency was OK.Special Features:
- Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014We had a lovely time and the service and food was very good! The room we were in was very loud and with our group being on the older side it was a difficult to hear. The room on the bar side is much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Mother's day BrunchfoodiemomDined on 5/11/2014I had other plans for Mother's Day that fell through, so I was happy to get a reservation for myself, my daughter and mom for 2pm. On Saturday, I tried to change the reservation to 4ppl through open table, and it said the only available time was 2:45. I was going to bring my boyfriend too, but didn't want it to change the time, so I didn't invite him. When we got there the restaurant was mostly full, but we were seated almost immediately, but it was a table for four. I was half expecting a smallish table against a wall with three seats around it. Oh well, next time I'll call. The server was wonderful, the food was delicious. only complaint: took home half of steak benedict, but the sauce didn't make it, even though we asked for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent!liketoeatoutDined on 5/10/2014Excellent food, nice selection, excellent service! For a wonderful night out, the Coach Grill has it all. I have been to the Coach Grill many times and love it. Groups of two, four, or six work well. This visit we had a group of ten, which does not work well, as the large groups sit in a back corner that is quite noisy. The ten people at the table can't come close to hearing each other. Only three or four people could talk and even that was a strain in that particular corner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/9/2014The overall dining experience is still very good here. Solid, but nothing really jumps out at you as being outstanding. The service, however, from Kevin L, was fantastic... a real pro. Most everything our party of six had was very good, a few items just ok. My beef wellington was the weakest dish... soggy pastry. Stilll a nice place to have available in the burbs but not running back so soon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2014We were very disappointed with our visit. The server made many mistakes and the food was just average.
- WaitstaffBornandBreadDined on 5/3/2014Brittany and Brad are fabulous. We had Joshua this last Saturday and I think he will be among the three that we request when we make our reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four for Dinner1ValleyGuyDined on 5/2/2014We have eaten at the Coach Grill quite a few times over the years, as it morphed from The Red Coach Grill, to JC Hillary's to the Coach Grill. The restaurant was very active, as expected on a Friday evening. The wait staff was very good, but the "food runner" delivering the food gave us the food for another table, but we caught it. Then when our food arrived, my salmon plate (done just the way I asked for-cooked all the way through) had french fries and not the mashed garlic potatoes I ordered. Typical of a Friday night it was very noisy in both the dining room and the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I made a reservation for a table with chairs and on arrival was given several choices even with the dining room nearly full at 5:45. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and well versed and helpful. The specials of the day were awesome ...Special Features:
- As usual a great mealbasildaveVIPDined on 4/27/2014I can't say enough good things about the Coach Grill... Every time I've eaten there has been outstanding. The drinks are creative and well made, the food is excellent and reasonable (significantly less than a high end steak house). The clams casino were out of this world, salty, juicy, with a great bacon flavor. My braised lamb shank was tender and perfectly cooked. The corn pudding side was to die for and so are the Brussels sprouts...Special Features:
- a quick dinnerHarveySDined on 4/26/2014The food was very good priced in the leisure dining range, but dining was anything but leisure. We had a round of drinks, an appetizer and our main course and were out the door in about an hour. Don't plan on spending any time there. Our reservations were for 7pm and we were seated about 6:50.feel like we got the bums rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerLobsterpieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We took my inlaws here for dinner and it was a hit. The wine list is extensive and well selected. The food is excellent. The prime rib, filet, and crab cakes were all expertly prepared and delicious. The service is what you'd expect -- no complaints. Definitely a special occasion place. My mother in law wants to try the entire menu. Great meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRFGRF4Dined on 4/25/2014This was our second time here. The food was excellent my porterhouse was cooked perfectly and my wife's lobster was delicious. Service was very good the waitress was very attentive and provided everything we asked for. We have been to Abe and Louie's in Boston several times this is a sister restaurant similar menus . we strongly recommend either restaurant for a celebration or a simple night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oops - Easter BrunchPreshowDinerDined on 4/20/2014The Coach Grill is one of our favorite brunch destinations. Although we knew they were having a special Easter brunch, we assumed (incorrectly) that it would be an extended brunch menu. Instead, the brunch menu was reduced to only a few items, while still allowing access to the full dinner menu. Unfortunately, our favorite items were not included on the reduced brunch menu, so we left disappointed. Not the restaurant's fault, but ours for not asking more questions in advance. We'll know next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatChurrascoooooDined on 4/19/2014Highly recomended. I really like the food. For sure i will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMGB5VIPDined on 4/19/2014The food was very disappointing for the price. The artic char was dry and bland and the lobster ravioli was salty and tasteless. The sautéed spinach was soggy from the oil; thus causing the entire meal to sit in the pool of oil. The rack of lamb was shriveled up into a small size ball.
- Repeat customerDi610Dined on 4/12/2014I have been to the coach grill many times. It is normally a favorite for the excellent food. We find not have this experience this time. My sirlion was very fatty we also had a filet which was good however not much flavor. No garnishes very bland. Bottle of red wine was good but served way to warm. We were there very early before it was even busy...for the money we were very disappointed with this trip.Special Features:
- GREAT FOODTOM14369Dined on 4/5/2014Great food. If you like steak and don't want to travel to Boston for a really good meal this is the place. Great sides..everything is ala carte. A little more pricey but worth the $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Same as UsualCookieVIPDined on 3/31/2014The waitstaff (Angie)was excellent, but the food was disappointing. Quite a lot of brown lettuce in the Caesar salad and bland, watery dressing. The calamari arrived with the breading in crumbs on the bottom of the plate and the calamari naked. We had to scoop up the crumbs to eat WITH the calamari. The Steak au Poivre was good and they gave us extra sauce. Lobster bisque was fair at best. Disappointing meal as we have been eating there for many years. We hope it was an aberration and just an off night in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014This was not my first visit to the Coach Grill and in the past we were pleased with the dining experience. Three of us went there and one person who ordered a steak was pleased with the meal. I had the rack of lamb which was fair. The chops were tasty but very small and the other dissatisfied guest had char which he said was only fair. This is not an inexpensive restaurant and the food should have been better. I have a special occasion soon and will go elsewhere.Special Features:
- SO over priced its not funnysibudVIPDined on 3/29/2014For a place in location in the Burb's the food is nothing special, not worth writing home about. It is so over price it is not funny, I can so go into downtown Boston and get a much better meal at the same price or less. Not sure why people go back. Really $38 for a piece Swordfish with risotto which was less then the size of a 1/2 slice of bread. Will probably never go back
- Coach Grill is WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014We just had dinner at Coach Grill in Wayland, MA to celebrate my husband's birthday. There were 7 of us, an odd number for a table, but the round table/booth worked great. I had the salmon which was delicious. All the food was wonderful including the birthday cake. The servers are also very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experience!eatalotVIPDined on 3/27/2014we had a wonderful experience dining here--the service was great, the food delicious, and they honored their reservations! I would highly recommend it to all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely weeknight experienceGirlsdinnerDined on 3/26/2014Had only been on weekend evenings so this was a lovely change. Much quieter, far better service, and the food was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth a tripjdudleyDined on 3/26/2014Our group of 4 sat at a comfortable booth and started with a great cocktail, mine being a Manhattan. The wine list has some affordable finds. I started with the Crab and Lobster Louie which was delicious, and the pepper jelly of the the Herb Crusted Brie triple cream brie was to die for. The rack of lamb was perfectly cooked. I shared a Butterscotch Bread Pudding for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and felt it to be a good and decadent way to end the experience. I have been to the Coach Grill four times in the last few months and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.