55 Boston Post Rd
Wayland, MA 01778Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.coachgrill.com/
- Phone: 5083585900x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Patrick Lally
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining areas for seated and reception-style events accommodating 10 to 150 guests. Our group dining areas are available for brunch, lunch and dinner. Our team is ready to assist you with planning your event, whether it is a business luncheon or dinner, birthday party, wedding reception, company meeting or other social gathering.
Please call us at (671) 425-5206 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hector Tovar, General Manager
Patrick Lally, Executive Chef
Laura Buonarotti, Sales Manager
- Private Party Contact: Laura Buonarotti 8883384127
A word from Coach Grill
Coach Grill introduces guests to a new and unique dining experience focusing on the finest-quality food and five-star service. The Coach Grill offers its guests the finest choice meats aged a minimum of five weeks to ensure extra flavor, the freshest fish and seafood available, as well as a daily rotisserie selection. The dedicated and well-trained staff will strive graciously to accommodate every guest and any special requests. The wine list is specifically designed with the wine aficionado in mind, offering an extensive selection of fine wines from the best regions around the world. The dining room represents an atmosphere of casual elegance with cozy booths, wood detailing, and a stone fireplace. An attractive private dining room is also available to host your next special event, be it family or business dinner, a meeting, rehearsal, or your own dinner party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Coach Grill - Best Restaurants in Wayland ›
Coach Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (50)romantic (47)good for groups (40)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (19)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very DisappointedAldoVIPDined on 7/21/2014Haven't been to Coach Grill for a few years and probably won't return. Both our steaks were overcooked and a bit dry. Waitress did offer to replace them, but we waited so long that we just ate them and got out of there. No manager came by to check on us or apologize for the poor meal. Very overpriced for what you can get better elsewhere.
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014We had a very nice, relaxed evening. Our server, Nick, was very attentive. The food was very good and well prepared and presented. Coach Grill is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceTonibVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful 10 year Anniversary celebration at Coach Grill as always it is a great dining experience. The service is always first rate!Special Features:
- What happenOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have dined at the Coach Grill many times over the years and tonight dinner was terrible!? It started with our waiter he was very disengaged, never told us what the special were and he seems...not interested in making this a great dining experience. The food...steak over cooked, no flavor and small. My dish was Arctic Char and it was over done. If this is the new standard at the Coach Grill...we will be dining else where.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014We had a great dinner, but I ordered the petit filet off the meat menu and it came on a large oval plate with ONLY a piece of meat over to one side of the plate. It was the saddest plate I have ever been served and at $33 for that piece of meat it was laughable!!! It was really good, but the presentation was really lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyedCrusader21Dined on 7/18/2014The few times year I spring for an Abe & Loius steak, I am never disappointed. Love them. One comment...we purchased 3 sides..to share among 3 of us and the delicious mashed potato was sparse..while we could have drowned in mushrooms. better balance needed.Special Features:
- SashaDined on 7/17/2014We've been to this restaurant a number of times and the food and service has always been exceptional Occasionally some of the guests are too loud - can't control everybody of course. The portions are quite large, so I recommend that patrons go light on the bread and appetizers, to leave room for the delicious deserts.Special Features:
- Coach Grill, Wayland MAMartDined on 7/12/2014My wife's birthday meal (petite filet mignon) was very good. However, I really thought it was impossible to mess up preparing a boiled lobster; but they succeeded. The lobster meat tasted like warm permeated dishwater ...not sweet or succulent. My fault for not returning it immediately. When asked, I told the server and was given a free dessert. Appreciate that, but I'm not likely to return for a while. When and if I do, I would certainly not order anything but a steak dish.Special Features:
- Not their best showingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We have dined at Coach Grill a number of times in the past. We usually have a good experience. This time was a disappointment as the service was poor. Our steak was overcooked and the side dishes we ordered arrived 10 to 15 minutes after our entries arrived. I will probably give it another try in the future as I am hopeful that they just had an off night.Special Features:
- SpecialEatoutlotVIPDined on 7/7/2014I frequent this neighborhood Gem. My last visit they had a special swordfish piccata that used to be on the regular menu. I told Kevin it needs to come back on the menu as so many love it! I understand everyone has favorites but this one is FANTASTIC! I heard they ran the special for the weekend and it did Splendidly...just saying!Special Features:
- Dinner in the suburbsBobbybeetsDined on 7/3/2014EXcellent dining experience. I have the worst luck at restaurants. Coach Grille lived up to it's excellent reputation as I had no issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Formally great now badMarksDined on 7/1/2014Sad to say our night was extremely disappointing. We have always enjoyed this restaurant, visiting for special occasions. This time just the opposite, food very slow arriving, from appetizer to main course. Server apologized. Also steak was over cooked and far from the flavorful perfectly done meals we have had in the past.. A friend mentioned that they also had a bad experience recently. Unfortunately they they were right. From what was, in the past, an outstanding dining experience to at best a fair night out. Something you would not expect at the prices charged. Maybe at the Longhorn or Outback but not here. We will not return to celebrate our special occasions
- Great brunch!JoeDDined on 6/29/2014First time at the Coach after hearing from several friends how good the brunch was. They did not disappoint! Food was perfect, service excellent, and ambiance was great. We were not rushed at all despite some of our party arriving 30 minutes late. Our server was very attentive and cheerful. The custom omelette I ordered was the best I've ever had, aside from my girlfriend's. :)Special Features:
- Excellent suburban dining experiencDisappointedDined on 6/28/2014I've lived near this place for years and never visited. Recently decided to go and I wish I had gone earlier. Easily the best steakhouse in metrowest Boston. The food was Great and cooked to perfection. The only disappointment was it took 15 min for the waiter to bring us drinks to start bit once he began service everything was great. I will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With Friends!MoonlightDined on 6/28/2014Always am incredible dining experience be it a special occasion or simply dinner! Had the Chilean Bass which was so delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThomasVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was outstanding . Our waiter , Tyrone , was helpful and personable . Great oysters , surf and turf and drinks . A winner !Special Features:
- SJB1Dined on 6/28/2014We were a party of four - three had the filet and one the salmon. The steaks were cook to perfection with all raving about the taste. The sides were plentiful with the exception of the corn pudding. We should have ordered a second as everyone really liked it. We had a 5:30 reservation by 8:00 there was not a seat in the house.Special Features:
- goodbye dinnerDan3525Dined on 6/27/2014we have been coming here for years and this was our moving away dinner. as always it was awesome!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent staff and great food. Perfect for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst serviceGourmeteater1VIPDined on 6/22/2014My waiter was the worst. We ordered 2 mozzarella salad and got 2 blue cheese. Water glasses were filled to rim and spilled everywhere. He knew nothing about wine and claimed there wasn't anyone to help. No bread for 15 minutes. The only reason u may return is that it is close to home.Special Features:
- Maybe an off night?OpenTableTalkerDined on 6/21/2014Level of service wasn't up to par on our recent Saturday night visit. Beautiful restaurant but the service lacked the professionalism that we'd expected at the Coach Grill. Noisy bus boys chatting next to our table; took 20 minutes to get a drink after we were seated. Our waiter was ok, but didn't add much to the overall dining experience. I received a vmail asking me to call to confirm our reservation. I called and the young woman who answered said I was "all set" like I was doing her a favor. Didn't thank me (the customer) for calling. A small, but telling example that the Coach Grill's service level has dropped in recent months. Still an enjoyable place, but for the cost of dinner, I expect a more memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Good food and portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Food is always good. Reduce sizes of entrees and reduce prices. Might draw more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!RigsVIPDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I arrived prior to our reservation time, but were immediately seated. Our server arrived promptly and took great care of us for the entire night. All of our food was done exactly as ordered. My Kansas City Strip was tremendous and my wife's filet and half baked stuffed lobster was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Mile from My HomeLuxuryDinerDined on 6/16/2014The Coach Grill is, without a doubt, the best restaurant for miles around. It's a serious steak house with all that implies. The menu has a fairly complete array of steaks and chops. In addition, since not everyone in a party will want steak, there are great fish and fowl choices. The sides are great accompaniments for the entrees which are often a la carte. The firsts and desserts are fantastic. No, it's not "adventuresome," but it's repeatably tasty food. The service is excellent and as fast or as relaxed as you'd like. One server in particular would be worth giving home-cooking a break for one night. The management is superb--focused on satisfying any customer's desire. A negative? The parking lot is small. Plan ahead for holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience was excellent...LocalDined on 6/15/2014and our server Brad, was very knowledgeable, made excellent suggestions. The food quality was fabulous. Every bite was fresh, temperature appropriate and full of flavors. Definitely a great spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent !FraminghamFanDined on 6/13/2014We have been dinning here for many years , since it became The Coach Grille and it's always great, especially when you can enjoy fine dinning in the suburbs and eliminate the drive to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnersebagoDined on 6/12/2014Glad we ignored the negative reviews. We had an excellent meal. The surf & turf I loved the seasoning on the filet and the corn pudding was special. My wife had the swordfish which she also enjoyed very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCarbonatedWitDined on 6/10/2014I've been to the Coach Grill two times now, and I've had a wonderful meal both times. The food is excellent, from appetizers to steak. My favorite is the bacon appetizer. It's thick and yummy and comes with blue cheese on top, with a few tasty condiments to go with it that I never bother to use. My only note is that the sides and appetizers may be bigger than you expect -- so if you, as I often do, plan to make a meal from several smaller items instead of an entree, consider ordering one fewer than you might usually do. Just as important, of course -- the service is excellent, even when they are busy.Special Features:
- DisappointingEuropeanappititeDined on 6/8/2014The food was a mixed bag. Some (my lamb and my wife's bacon and poached eggs) were fine, but other parts (the sparkling wines were nondescript, the hash browns lukewarm) were not up to standard. But the main complaint was the size of the portions......large enough for a family of four. We were forced into leaving some (anathema to us) or forcing food down. Until, like some restaurants, they offer two portion sizes we will not return
- Best Key Lime Pie EverjzukDined on 6/7/2014The food here is generally good quality but the key lime pie was out of this world!!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood gem!CarlosVIPDined on 6/6/2014Celebrated my daughters graduation here and everything was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatAnnieVIPDined on 6/3/2014Have dined here many times. Not as special as it used to be. Went for our anniversary. Extremely loud. At our past few visits, disappointed in the service. Not very friendly nor very attentive. Steaks are good but not particularly tasty, nothing special. Disappointed in changes to their "sides" menu. No alternatives to white starches.Special Features:
- Food for thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014We used to frequent coach grill it used to be my wife's favorite restaurant. our last couple of visits Have left us disappointed steaks have been overlooked and baked stuffed lobster undercooked I think the ownership change has a lot to do with it
- Service fell shortLocalLadyDined on 5/31/2014This used to be our go-to celebration restaurant but incredibly bad service last Saturday has problematized that.
- First time but not the lastUrsaMajorDined on 5/28/2014I had read a number of review that said the Coach Grill had slipped from its former glory, but on my first visit last week, my wife and I were very impressed. The service was outstanding: attentive without being annoying and the pacing of the different courses was perfect. The food was very good -- cooked perfectly, but be warned that the portion sizes are very large. The only complaint on the food was a bit-too-liberal use of salt. The wine list had a solid variety of regions and prices such that even a wine connoisseur would fine something interesting to try. In all, one of the better dining experiences I've had in the Greater Boston area -- Highly Recommended.Special Features:
- Awesome!ElaineDined on 5/26/2014My husband and I love this restaurant and are never disappointed! We give it A++!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Meal with ok ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014We were a party of 6 on Sunday evening. All of us enjoyed our meals and everything regarding our food choices were wonderful. There were some issues with service. Although our server seemed to be quite seasoned, he missed the mark on attentiveness towards our table. Water glasses were empty, and we needed to ask for them to be filled. The trip to the bar for our wine/drinks seemed to take forever. Our dinner choices were made after took orders from surrounding tables that were seated after us. Special instructions with the host were made via open table and were not looked at. The host did give us a dessert to go once I notified her of the mistakes @ our table. Just not the service and expectations that we expected while dining at CG.Special Features:
- EpicureanDined on 5/25/2014Pleasant, comfortabke ambience. Mixed salad and dressing well prepared. Long time to get bread. Delicious warm bread. Rotisserie chicken flavorless. Onion soup too much cheese. But good quality. Roast beef and creamed spinach well prepared. Temperature of entrees and soup could have been hotter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFlowersDined on 5/25/2014We have been coming here for many years to celebrate our anniversary and birthdays. Just not the same....Had to finally ask for the bread basket after tables that were seated after us received theirs first. Our waiter was very slow as was how long it took to get our meals. Even the steaks were not great! Had arranged for a complimentary dessert to be delivered which was just a scoop of vanilla ice cream (ugh)! Probably will find a new favorite place. This experience did not make us feel pampered nor valued as customers as in the past.Special Features:
- The following 1702 reviews are from the Coach Grill reviews archive.
- Consistently Excellentcau3VIPDined on 5/23/2014We can always count on great food and great service. Expensive place, but you get what you pay for...