Les Halles Park Avenue
411 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Les Halles Park Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leshalles.net/
- Phone: 2126794111x
- Hours of Operation:
* Breakfast: 8 am - 11 am
* Lunch: 11 am - 4 pm
* Dinner: 4 pm - 12 midnight
Weekends & Holidays:
* Breakfast: 8 am - 12 noon
* Brunch: 12 noon - 4 pm
* Dinner: 4 pm - 12 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, French
- Executive Chef: Carlos Llaguno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On a limited basis and menu decisions are made on a case by case basis.
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from Les Halles Park Avenue
Les Halles is the home base of Chef-at-large Anthony Bourdain, author of the best selling Kitchen Confidential (Bloomsbury, May 2000) host of the TV Show, No Reservations. Bourdain is also the co-author of the Brasserie Les Halles Cookbook (Bloomsbury, 2004) with proprietor Philippe Lajaunie.Continued
Bustling and lively, Brasserie Les Halles is a typical Parisian brasserie serving fresh and simple dishes of France’s everyday cuisine.
Bustling and lively, Brasserie Les Halles is a typical Parisian brasserie serving fresh and simple dishes of France’s everyday cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Les Halles Park Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
355 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (138)neighborhood gem (103)notable wine list (100)good for groups (85)special occasion (79)great for lunch (66)romantic (64)great for outdoor dining (57)late-night find (51)hot spot (48)great for brunch (44)vibrant bar scene (40)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (6)Show More
- No ExcusesSteeleheartDined on 8/9/2014I was excited to try this restaurant. It was to be a great celebration for our 17th Wedding Anniversary. What a let down. First of all the hostess was wearing what I would call street walker clothes, Extremely short shorts, tats on her leg, honestly she looked sleezy, next, and I know this is not the fault of the restaurant, but we were seated next to a couple young girls who were loud, and horribly ill mannered. My husband asked for us to be moved, which they did, but my new place for a romantic dinner was to sit in front of a huge empty display case right in the front where my only view was the hostess station. (sigh) I spent my whole meal listening to the in coming and out going noise. I have to say with a sad heart, IT SUCKED.
- half and halfFoodisfunDined on 8/9/2014Was here once before with my husband and enjoyed. Back recently with my mom and she was underwhelmed. Her duck was sinewy and although the sauce was tasty, the duck itself had no flavour, it could have been any meat. The potatoes accompanying were cold. They did take it back without a fuss and she ordered a burger she was happy with, but of course I was finished my dinner by the time her burger came. My scallops dinner was very tasty, no complaints. I would say this is a great place for a younger crowd interested in a great burger and fries, I've heard the mussels are good. Ambience is upbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chapinDined on 8/9/2014The service was professional, the food tasty and well presented. And kudos to the bartender, my extra-extra-dry martini was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKellyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The place was dark and dingy. Needs a little sprucing up. The food was good.Special Features:
- yummyidng2eDined on 8/8/2014It was all good. The appetizer was really tasty. The food was good, but the dessert was 1 of the best desserts I've ever had, the Nutella crém Brule was just amazing. The service was unbelievably nice. Definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/20144th time here. have not been disappointed. Each time have tried a new steak and have never been let down. For the prices, it's a must try.Special Features:
- janeDined on 8/6/2014The steak frites was excellent and I enjoyed the creme brulee dessert. I was surprised that there was no bread knife or bread plate with the bread basket. However, the downfall was the FLY that was crawling all over my salad and I was indoors. I finished my steak but was unable to eat the salad.Special Features:
- Dinner during restaurant weekMariDined on 8/4/2014We were seatted promptly but have to wait for somebody to take our order, especially long time to order desert. Restaurant was full and even though it was a lot of waiters running around but look like they didn't see us been waiting. The noise was too high, we can't hear each other. I don't like my appetizer (some mashed duck meat) but main dish (fish) and desert was good. My daughter appetizer (salad with salmon) was good, but I was surprised to see her entry dish (steak) came with a regular freanch fries (like you'd have in McDonald), I expect it to be something special for a restaurant like this one. The one good thing was that they have 50% off all vines on Mondays so we get pretty good French vine for a disent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les HallesrestaurantweekDined on 8/4/2014The duck rillettes were the best part of the meal. The short ribs were too dry and lacked adequate sides (six green beans and a small wedge of potato pancake was too little to provide balance with the piece of meat). The nutella crème brulee tasted of chocolate not hazelnut. Regarding service, the receptionist was dour and the service inattentive (we had to ask twice for bread and twice for desert). The worst, however, was the décor - it is very run-down. The sidewalk seating is hardly a good ad for the restaurant - more than half the wicker chairs had sizeable holes and the paper table covers were held with large bulldog clips (custom table clips are quite inexpensive). This place needs a complete make-over. We will not be returning.
- Good choice for lunch specialCoffeeFanDined on 8/4/2014I had the Restaurant Week special. The first course, Duck pate, wasn't special. But the short ribs of beef and strawberry soup were wonderful. Coffee - French press - not so great.Special Features:
- Best Steak au poivrePaulaGarciaVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been here for 2 times and the food was amazing. I had the Steak au Poivre and Frites and Confit du Canard and my friends went to the steaks and Faux Fillet. Everything was very tasty em aromatic, but between the meat and the duck, the meat is the best one!Special Features:
- Too darkNYCvisitor4Dined on 8/3/2014Needed to use the flashlight feature of my IPhone, though it was only 6:30pm. Food was good, but not special. If your time is limited, spend it elsewhere.
- Disappointed eventDisappointedDined on 8/3/2014i was very disappointed because the restaurant did not honor the special $25 lunch special advertised on TV and papers. The restaurant was honoring dinner only. You need to inform this changes when making reservation otherwise is bad publicity for your restaurant. I have done this reservations several times in the past without problems. This is the first time we encounter this problem.Special Features:
- Bourdain should be ashamedDisappointed1Dined on 8/3/2014Altho no longer the chef here, his name is Les Halles claim to fame. But the foie gras was poorly cooked, the salads bitter, and only the duck confit tasted as it should. Add noisy interior even at Sunday brunch and Les Halleshas little to recommend it. Helas!
- Loved It!!MrsODined on 8/3/2014We were initially attracted to Les Halles because of its connection with Anthony Bourdain. We booked brunch at 12pm on a Sunday. Ice water was cold, coffee came in a French press and was delicious. Bloody Mary was delicious. Service was prompt and courteous. Ambience was just as we had imagined- upbeat, busy, bistro. Mussels, steak, frites, salad was all delicious and fairly priced. I wish the table was a bit bigger to accommodate all our dishes better but, that was my only complaint. Great place. I would return.Special Features:
- Good, but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014I hyped myself up since it was Bourdain's restaurant. Food was pretty good-3 of us had the eggs benedict with salmon, & it was delicious. Our 4th had the eggs florentine and also said it was great. But the potatoes were ice cold when our meals were served, the hostess had an attitude problem, and our waiter didn't really warm up until the end of the meal. His excuse for the cold potatoes was that the "cooks had a crazy night last night." Whoever cooked the previous night did NOT come in to handle brunch on Sunday, so the excuse was empty and meaningless, and as if we were supposed to give them a pass. LOL Would I go back? Not sure. I'm sure I could find eggs just as good somewhere else, and I'm sure less condescending service.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!DelishDined on 8/2/2014We went for my father's 60th birthday with a party of 7. Every single one of us cleaned our plates! Absolutely delicious!!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fat & Happy Girl...athinaDined on 8/2/2014Open up with the escargots, try the Steak Frites w/ Bearnaise for your main and finish up with the creme brulee... It was a great outing for 2 very happy girls :DSpecial Features:
- Great bistro food and great serviceegaonaDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant almost feels like as if you're in a Parisian brasserie. The Cassoulet, Duck Confit, Moulles, and Roasted Duck Breast were all excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014My husband and I dined at the Park Avenue location last Thursday evening. We last dined at the John Street location, in May 2013; it was where Martin took me to eat, right before he proposed to me on the Brooklyn Bridge! So Les Halles is a very special place for us. This was our first time going to the Park Avenue spot, and it did not disappoint! We both got the Steak au Poivre and Frites. Still the best french fries we've ever had!! We shared a delicious Sancerre, and felt like we were in the middle of a bustling cafe in France. Very happy, we will return again soon.Special Features:
- Loved it! Very Paisian!neldamVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food was very good, service was excellent. Felt like I was back in Paris! Some fun cocktails too. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- didn't get to eatidng2eDined on 7/31/2014We were seated pretty quick. It took 10 minutes before a waitress came. We ordered the food the first chance we got as hungry as we were. 5 minutes later another waiter came apologized and said that they could not serve us because health inspection was being done. We were very disappointed being that we paid 50 dollars for parking just to go eat here. We waited hours for it to reopen but it didn't happenSpecial Features:
- The lunch that didn't happen.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014My friend and I were met at Les Halles. We were seated and ordered our lunches. After several minutes our waitress came and told us that inspectors from the Dept. of Health had just arrived and they were told to stop cooking. We asked how long it might be before we were served and told that it would be at least an hour. We left the restaurant. It was a rather strange occurrence. It was difficult to rate "the dining experience" since it didn't happen.Special Features:
- Good food/great servicePBK23Dined on 7/30/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Food good, service great -- a little too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved everything but the food...UrbanThirties123Dined on 7/30/2014While Les Halles has great service, ambiance and a pretty great wine list, the food was a major disappointment. I didn't finish my appetizer or main course and left hungry. My scallops were mushy and almost indelible. Unfortunately, I will not be back to Les Halles.
- Yum @ Les HallesTheDiningDivaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food was yummy. Lovely day for lunch outdoors. Manager very nice and Very Busy! Slow , slow service.Special Features:
- restaurant week fineaprilseDined on 7/29/2014Love that they had happy hour so we could enjoy some oysters and clams before dinner, as well as a few cocktails. The pulled duck was amazing, while the salmon portion was a bit dry and small. The short rib was dense and tender; the steak was tender, too. How nice to have Nutella creme brulee. Yum.Special Features:
- Very disappointingStefmarDined on 7/28/2014Terrible service!!! Food was ok but definitely not great.Special Features:
- Les Halles always delivers..formerchefDined on 7/26/2014Been to Le Halles many times....food is always spot on and the same with the service..as far as NY dining goes, the prices for the value is hard to beat....quality hunks of meat at reasonable prices....decent amount of options on the wine list for under $60 per bottle which is hard to find in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great SpotBorn2RunInMDDined on 7/26/2014We visited during Restaurant Week and two of our party ordered off of the RW menu. We were impressed with the size & quality of the servings. We ate outside in the curbside area, and it was a relaxing and quieter option compared with the relatively loud environment inside the restaurant. The service outside was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- A real let-downNYerDined on 7/26/2014We went to Les Halles to celebrate my son's birthday - his choice. Although we arrived on time for our reservation, we were sent to the bar to wait 15 mins. The restaurant is unpleasantly noisy and very chaotic (bus boys running around, crepes prepared on the floor sometimes at the inconvenience of neighboring diners). Service was very slow based on NYC standards - 20 mins after seating before we were approached by a waiter; another 20 minutes before the waiter returned to take our order. Spent 3 1/2 hours there; much of it was spent waiting. Very large dining room yet only 2-bathroom stalls in ladies room - always a line. My son was quite disappointed and stated he would not return. (Thank goodness!)
- Great food, poor serviceLuv2dineDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent, well prepared, very tasty. The service should be one star. We ordered Les Halles coffee and were brought Les Halles crepes?! We asked then about the coffee and were told they have no Kahlua Coffee. We had salmon and pepper steak and were charged scallops and steak bearnaise, a 20$ "mistake"Special Features:
- LESS THAN EXPECTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014With its Anthony Bourdain pedigree, we expected more. Notably, the service was a disappointment - unfriendly, slow and a few ordering mishaps. Food was fine, but we expected to be wowed.
- Not what it used to be.EddiazDined on 7/25/2014We had a fine dining experience, but whereas we had come for a special occasion in the past, it's no longer that special. It was fine for a meal out and reasonably priced, but overall it was just "good." Nothing special. It's lost its special occasion feel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- party of fiveDavis12Dined on 7/25/2014Our party -US and Australians-really enjoyed the food. We had arrived back from the FrenchRiviera the day before and were able to make comparisons. The hanger steak was well prepared, the coq au vin tasty and excellent, and the others found their steaks well presented and prepared. Excellent fries. However the service did not match the quality of the food, and was erratic and a bit disinterested. We had to ask for bread, small things like that. Also the noise level was extremely high but it was a Friday night.The wine list was excellent and moderately priced. All in all a good bistro experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014Four of us enjoyed dinner at Les Halles during restaurant week. Three of us ordered the restaurant week menu and every dish was good, but the braised beef entree was the winner. One person ordered steak tartar, which was prepared tableside and then the chocolate tart (instead of the restaurant week menu) and both of these were outstanding. The staff was excellent and the food was coming out of the kitchen rapidly and very well timed. It was a little noisy in the restaurant, but overall, an excellent dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining ExperienceSouthernfoodieDined on 7/25/2014Les Halles Brasserie did not disappoint. I've eaten there several times and the food is always excellent. The ambience and the staff make you feel like your eating in France. it's always a favorite!Special Features:
- Les halles delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food was absolutely delicious, and the service was good, however the place was too packed and overcrowded for me. It was so noisy I could hardly make conversation. I understand that it is a popular spot but they tried to cram too many people in, the tables were too close together. There was also a bar there that had a lot of occupants, which added to the noise. I would go earlier in the evening but I would definately reccomend the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les Halles LunchnyfoodeesDined on 7/24/2014Went here with my wife and daughter for lunch as part of NY Restaurant Week, and because I wanted to eat at one of Anthony Bourdain's restaurants!! We had a lovely lunch - the char and the short-rib were both excellent - and with a reasonably priced sauvignon blanc to accompany we left very happy to continue exploring the city! (My daughter meanwhile was very keen to scrape off every last scrap of her nutella crème brulee which she loved!!!) We would thoroughly recommend Les Halles to our friends and will return when next in New York. Oh - great value restaurant week menu too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DisappointmentMaryDined on 7/24/2014It's a nice restaurant. The service excellent. Selecting the restaurant week menu was a major disappointment. Two of us had the short ribs and it tasted okay but was somewhat dry and you hardly noticed it on the plate. Three stringbeans was apalling. The flank steak was a better choice which the other two people had; It was a very good meal and the serving size was not a dot on the plate. I have been to their other restaurant and enjoyed it very much. Another member of our table has eaten there several time in the past and always enjoyed it. The appetizers were also so small - the soup was only halfway in the bowl. Again, this restaurant proved to be a major disappointment.Special Features: