California Bistro - Park Hyatt Aviara
7100 Aviara Resort Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92011Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
California Bistro - Park Hyatt Aviara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkhyattaviara.com/
- Phone: 7606036868x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Sunday...............................6:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Breakfast A La Carte
Monday – Sunday................................6:30 AM – 11:00AM
Monday – Friday.................................11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Saturday Brunch Buffet ......................11:30 AM – 2.00 PM
Sunday Bloody Mary Brunch Buffet....11:30 AM – 2.00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pierre Albaladejo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The California Bistro offers a beautiful private function space accommodating up to 30 guests. Enjoy our beautiful breakfast, lunch and Saturday brunch where everyone will find something they love, including Chef Franck Riffaud's delicious desserts! Private room available or enjoy the wrap-around outdoor terrace offering spectacular ocean views!
- Private Party Facilities: The chefs at our San Diego California restaurant combine the culinary comfort of a modern bistro with market-fresh ingredients indigenous to the area's fruitful terrain and bountiful waters. Inspired by French tradition, the menu offers locally produced daily fresh vegetables, seafood and specially selected free-range, grain-fed meats. An extensive wine list emphasizes selections from California's Central Coast north to the Napa Valley.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Cooney 7606035140x
- Special Events: Please contact Elizabeth Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org to book any special events and promotions.
A word from California Bistro - Park Hyatt Aviara
The chefs at our San Diego California restaurant combine the culinary comfort of a modern bistro with market-fresh ingredients indigenous to the area's fruitful terrain and bountiful waters. Inspired by French tradition, the menu offers locally produced vegetables, seafood and specially selected free-range, grain-fed meats. An extensive wine list emphasizes selections from California's Central Coast to the Napa Valley.Continued
Executive Chef Pierre Albaladejo invites you to enjoy one or all!
Executive Chef Pierre Albaladejo invites you to enjoy one or all!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
California Bistro - Park Hyatt Aviara reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Lunch DessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2011My friend and I arrived about 30 minutes apart. I was seated at an outside table right away, graciously, and served a pot of tea that was well made. A waiter then came and set the table for two. After my friend arrived, we waited at least 10 minutes for the waiter, even though there were several other tables being served. The restaurant was nearly empty so no idea why this would be. Anyway, we waited at least 15 minutes for our lunch (a salad and a sandwich), the waiter returned one time during the meal and we had to ask for more iced tea. We decided that he was just having an 'off' day as he wasn't rude, just wasn't a good waiter.Special Features:
- overall it was good. A littletilesVIPDined on 5/8/2011overall it was good. A little pricey for the brunch. Nice settingSpecial Features:
- Having lunch after one p.m.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2011Having lunch after one p.m. on a week day was a good choice. Service was excellent and the noise level was moderate. Food was good, not outstanding. Birthday girl enjoyed her eggplant country sandwich more than I enjoyed my cobb salad. Altogether, it was a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant withFoodieVIPDined on 3/7/2011Excellent restaurant with wonderful food and staff. It has gotten a little "pricey."Special Features:
- Hyatt loses at least 1/2 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2011It was the first time that we had returned to the restaurant and for that matter the hotel since the Hyatt took over from Four Seasons as the managers of the hotel. The difference was night and day. It looks like the management has cleared out the very well trained and highly attentive staff with road house waiters and waitresses dressed in nice uniform. We went there for Valentine's brunch and when we got there, stood for a good 5 minutes before anyone came to greet us and sit us down. It just didn't get better from there. Food was very good, but the level of service I am used to at the hotel and what I got was really disappointing. I will not be returning soon.Special Features:
- We were there for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/6/2011We were there for breakfast and the buffet is great! Though we got charged for kids buffet for 2 little ones at the age of 3, I think that is ridiculous...we were 12 people in total and this had not happened before there - well, I guess new management...service was ok, but a bit slow...
- We were not greated with aBeebeeDined on 12/24/2010We were not greated with a smile and welcome. the overwhelmed and tense hostess barely looked up and said wait while we seat other parties. the food was good but not of the quality you would expect for the setting. they also had trouble keeping up with clean plates, replenishing buffet. Since they have this buffet every Friday and since it was reservations only and christmas eve you'd thnk they'd be ready. some food on buffet was not labeled-salad dressings.
- Nice breakfast and lunch buffetsdGALVIPDined on 11/27/2010Nice breakfast and lunch buffet spread. Good service.Special Features:
- Had a great evening and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2010Had a great evening and the service was excellent. This was our first time back since the Hyatt took over the hotel and not much has changed at all. Still a nice place to go for special occasions. Would go more often, but the prices are a bit steep.Special Features:
- The service here was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010The service here was great, most of the Four Seasons wait staff and chef remain. I love their lunch buffet, but it wasn't as good as it used to be. Less selection and addition of some breakfast items (which were ho-hum) kept this meal from being as fabulous as it should be, especially as the lunch buffet runs about $30 before tax, drink and tip. That's pretty steep in my book for some soup, salad, and mini-sandwiches and dessert. Too bad as I had always enjoyed it and found it to be a good value in the past. Now I would stick with a menu item. The ambiance is great though- not too loud, beautiful patio seating and views from inside and out available, and quality staff. The restaurant itself is open and airy.Special Features:
- Fabulous lobster, lobsterGailMcBrideDined on 10/29/2010Fabulous lobster, lobster bisque, crab, prome rib and dessert selection. Friendly and helpful staff. Wine overpriced.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful lunch.AnnieVIPDined on 10/28/2010We had a wonderful lunch. The cobb salad I had was the best I have ever eaten. I wish I had the recipe for that delicious salad dressing and the turkey tasted like it was just sliced off a whole turkey in the back. The ambiance was fantastic: quiet and elegant setting. It was my girlfriend's birthday and they brought us the most wonderful piece of layered chocolate piece with beautiful berries and a candle. We loved it.Special Features:
- Overall, the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2010Overall, the experience was delightful. We were celebrating an anniversary, and I would highly recommend Calif. Bistro Friday night seafood buffet for a special occasion. It would also be a great place to bring out of town company. The whole atmosphere highlights the fact that we live in paradise. The food was very good. I would have liked seeing more veggies on the salad bar, otherwise, we left feeling very satisfied.Special Features:
- If you're a seafood loverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010If you're a seafood lover there is no better place to get your fix!Special Features:
- great bruch buffett and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2010great bruch buffett and great service.However, I could not believe they would charge my 2 year old daughter half the price of an adult. We've been to multiple brunches and my daughter have never been charge.Special Features:
- We had another memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2010We had another memorable experience at the California Bistro. Wait service was very attentive to our needs. Food was absolutely delicious and plentiful. My friend thoroughly enjoyed the special treat prepared for her to celebrate her retirement. We look forward to booking again in the near future.Special Features:
- I think the food was justOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010I think the food was just ok for the very expensive price for a Mother's Day Brunch with no champagne included. The service was mediocre.Special Features:
- We went for Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2010We went for Mother's Day Brunch and it was amazing. There was a varied selection with unusual flavor combinations that were outstanding. Very memorable. Very decadent.Special Features:
- This is the greatest buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2010This is the greatest buffet Even my mother was impressed. It's hard to stay on a diet here, but the choices and quality were terrific.Special Features:
- The Seafood Buffet was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2010The Seafood Buffet was awesome and the ambiance was amazing.Special Features:
- A lot of food. They ran outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2010A lot of food. They ran out of a few of the best items. Lobster was tasty but a bit undercooked. Crab was fabulous.
- Despite excellent food andSherylVIPDined on 4/2/2010Despite excellent food and ambiance the noise was deafening. Will not return.
- Fantastic! A bit pricey though-MikeDined on 3/30/2010Fantastic! A bit pricey though- but then again it is the Four Season. Get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Having dined here for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2010Having dined here for brunch pre-recession era, as with many other fine restaurants, I was expecting a smaller offering of gourmet fare, and perhaps a decline in quality. We we were pleasantly surprised to find the sushi offering fresh and top quality, and the meat and seafood offering generous and top rate. The price is half that of many Orange County hotel brunches, yet the food, setting, and service definitely five star.Special Features:
- AWESOME brunch. All you couldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2010AWESOME brunch. All you could ask for: seafood, meat, breakfast items, fruit, great coffee, champagne, and a dessert bar that's unparalleled. The food is always fresh, always cooked right, and varied in taste. And for our annual birthday celebrations they provide a rich piece of chocolate cake!Special Features:
- I don't normally like buffets,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2010I don't normally like buffets, but the Friday night seafood buffet at the Aviara is really something special. The seafood is very high qualify, and if you like lobster, you will certainly get your money's worth. We went there for my sister's birthday and had a great experience. She said the shrimp was the best she's ever had in her life and my father loved the sushi and sashimi. I kept going back for the lobster, which was delicious. Be sure to save room for all the delectable desserts. The resort is beautiful and we loved spending time wandering around after dinner. Definitely a memorable night.Special Features:
- This is a gem of a place.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/16/2010This is a gem of a place. Their buffet lunch had their main entrees served in individual platters. It had the sophistication one can find in a Four Seasons restaurant.Special Features:
- It seems that the economyFoodDudeVIPDined on 1/8/2010It seems that the economy has dealt this all-purpose dining room a hit. Fewer people doing more things. Less attention to whether the buffet is adequately stocked. A sense that some of the items are of slightly lower quality than a four-star hotel would normally serve. But a delightful experience in any case and always worth trying.Special Features:
- The service and the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/8/2010The service and the food was excellent. I was reluctant to return, because I did not have that experience in the last visit.Special Features:
- Brunch at California BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2009Brunch at California Bistro was an elegant dining experience. There were many choices, beautifully and interestingly presented and the food was delicious. The service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- The ahi sashimi looked likeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2009The ahi sashimi looked like it was cut with a butter knife, the mushroom crepe was dry, the pate was just bad, the prime rib was rubbery and the risotto was bland and gummy. The service was sparse and neglectful with refills for iced tea and coffee difficult to come by.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Christmas buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/25/2009We enjoyed the Christmas buffet thoroughly. There was prime rib, chicken, salmon, lamb, braised beef ribs, lobster, shrimp, crab, and more; but when the chef was cooking pan-fried giant scallops on the line, that treat was especially amazing. The selection of house made chocolates candies, pies, cakes, tarts, and more was also over the edge in a great way. Finally, we thought the bakery's panettone (an Italian sweet bread often served during the holidays) was remarkably good. Great food. Great service. Great time. The Four Seasons did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Too noisy to talk with yourSherylVIPDined on 12/21/2009Too noisy to talk with your friends. A "Pigs at the Trough experience".
- The food has always been outstandinKIMOVIPDined on 12/17/2009The food has always been outstanding and the service. Now that they are the Hyatt instead of the Four Seasons I wonder if it will be the same. According to the people who work there all the employees have been hired by Hyatt. Need to see if quality will be the same.Special Features:
- I have dined at the Four SeasonsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2009I have dined at the Four Seasons for the past ten years and was highly disappointed. The service was terrible, I had to ask for water, ask to have the waitress get our drinks, when it was time to pay the bill I literally had to get up and find someone, I even went into the kitchen area, still no one, finally a man came out and asked, if I needed something. Literally, the dining room had customers and there was no one in sight including the management or hostess staff..... verry sad! PS. The bill was really outrageous for what we ordered............... Dining out is recreational and this was not fun at all..
- Amazing food. Exactly whatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/28/2009Amazing food. Exactly what you expect from a Four Seasons.Special Features:
- It was a great time and weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2009It was a great time and we will be going back if not for Thanksgiving for sure for Christmas. Melissa was our server and she was great. It was our Anniversary and they even sent out a special dessert. A++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:
- We went for the Friday nightLukeVIPDined on 10/16/2009We went for the Friday night seafood buffet. It was amazing! The all you can eat lobster tails were excellent. The all you can eat sashimi sushi was as a good as a top notch sushi house. Afterwards we went to the lobby lounge and enjoyed a great blues band and cigar on the patio. We'll be back.Special Features:
- We absolutely love the Lobster/PrimOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2009We absolutely love the Lobster/Prime Rib buffet at the California Bistro on Friday nights.Special Features:
- We have enjoyed the CaliforniaMissTDined on 8/28/2009We have enjoyed the California Bistro - Four Seasons Aviara for many years. The food is always at the highest level of quality and preparation. The wait staff is always welcoming, the perform at a standard equal to that one would expect from a really fine dining location.Special Features: