The Dead Fish
20050 San Pablo Avenue
Crockett, CA 94525Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Dead Fish
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedeadfish.com/
- Phone: 5107873323
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11 am - 10 pm
Weekend and Monday Holiday Brunch 11 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: J. C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate your private party of ten in Nemo's Nook, sixty in Vera's Lodge, and any number in between.
- Private Party Contact: Gene Moreland 5107877280
A word from The Dead Fish
Enjoy spectacular views of the new Carquinez Bridge and serene San Pablo Bay while dining on the lushly planted patio with heated and cooled cabanas and twinkling lights. Unique weekend brunch with specialty cocktails. Specialties include 100% USDA Certified Prime, Prime Rib and whole Dungeness crab. Unique dining rooms for an intimate dinner or a large group. "We may have a funny name but we're dead serious about our food!!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dead Fish - Best Restaurants in Crockett ›
The Dead Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
385 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (323)great for outdoor dining (241)special occasion (223)romantic (140)good for groups (140)neighborhood gem (120)great for lunch (118)fit for foodies (107)great for brunch (98)kid-friendly (60)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (47)late-night find (34)notable wine list (24)Show More
- Great PlacePurrfec1VIPDined on 8/23/2014I go here at least once a month. Love this place. Service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating on the patio is great!notdubdinerDined on 8/23/2014Really fun eating on the patio around sunset, great view.Special Features:
- PRICEY BUT WORTH ITkeithDined on 8/23/2014I got the seafood combo and there was enough there for two or three people - no dreadful "California Cuisine" here!! It was some of the best I have ever had. A whole crab split in two. Wonderful place, service and view. Best at night when the bridge is lit up!Special Features:
- The Dead Fish is Alive and Popping!CharmingDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is really good. The food is great and they seat you very fast. Nice views and lots of parking and the ambience is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedgarbo7441Dined on 8/23/2014We drove from Sacramento to Crockett for lunch at The Dead Fish on August 23rd, and we were very disappointed in every aspect of The Dead Fish. The food was, at best, average. When dining out, I have no problem paying premium prices for premium fare. However, the fare at the Dead Fish is anything but premium, while the prices are astronomical. We were surprised that no complimentary bread was provided at the beginning of our meal, so we ordered the garlic bread and cheese breads for a total of $12. Later, we saw other diners receiving complimentary bread. Querying our waiter, he stated 'yes, we offer it... but you have to request it'. Great way to up sell. This was our first, and will be our last, visit to the Dead Fish.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service, exceptional food - we were seated on the patio, near the end, overlooking the strait, and the weather was perfect. The wait staff was excellent - not pushy or annoying, and checked in enough times, but not too many or too little. The bill was a little steep, but what I expected, and the food was well worth it - both in quality and amount.Special Features:
- Window tableGreatSteakDined on 8/22/2014I made my reservation online and requested a table by the window. When I arrived they had overbooked, I arrived before my scheduled reservation. No window table was available. Very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Fast serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The service was very fast, almost too fast. We felt rushed .Special Features:
- RAB1Dined on 8/20/2014Food was a bit too salty unlike in our previous visit. The young waiter who served us (did not introduce himself) was not particularly attentive and needed to be reminded of missing items like complimentary bread , crab shell cracker & water. He did not even bother to offer dessert menu.Special Features:
- Amazing View. Food Okay.NichaDined on 8/19/2014The Dead Fish must be known for the crab and prime rib. We only tried the crab as a part of the appetizers (roasted crabs and mussels) but did not try the prime rib. The crab WAS delicious. Wonderfully roasted, flavored and super delicious. The mussels were good also, but on the small side. My fiance and I shared the black linguine with clams and the pork shank ossobucco. The linguine was good, albeit slightly salty. The pork shank was delicious. View was amazing---by far, the best aspect of the restaurant. The drinks were okay...slightly watery for my taste. Service was just okay.Special Features:
- 1 year anniversarymtakacs22Dined on 8/18/2014This is a great place to celebrate your anniversary or any occasion. You need to request the patio because it has the best view. The food is delicious and the wine is good.Special Features:
- JillDined on 8/18/2014Amazing views!! Amazing friendly and quick service! Amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I asked for a view and I got one!AuntieMVIPDined on 8/17/2014The Dead Fish has two things going for it: the crab and the view. In my reservation, I requested an outdoor view table and they definitely provided it. The weather cooperated too for a great evening. The crab was good but not the best we've had there. Yes, I know it's not the season but it wasn't quite as decadently buttery and garlicky. Side note, we ordered a Chop Chop salad that wasn't bad. Then, our friend ordered the cole slaw - which was exactly the same thing. The server insisted it was different but it had all the same ingredients, same dressing and same look. If it's really not the same, change up the dressing or something....Special Features:
- Coming home from wine countryRog1Dined on 8/17/2014Always excellent. One of my favorite coming home from wine country as the corkage is freeSpecial Features:
- Lovely brunch, and a great value!MorigelDined on 8/17/2014My partner and I have visited The Dead Fish for dinner before, but this was out first time visiting for brunch. The omelets were magnificent, cooked in a stainless steel pan at high heat and then finished; fluffy and with delicious fresh toppings and incorporated ingredients. The service, while somewhat slow as it frequently is, was courteous, and the view from the patio (which is equipped with heaters for cooler weather) was delightful. While the brunch menu is limited, everything was beautifully executed and I'd heartily recommend The Dead Fish for anyone looking for a special place to have brunch.Special Features:
- Great everythingMarcellDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful time, great food, view, service, it had it all. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience OverallpadillaunoDined on 8/17/2014I've said this time and time again...this place is good...good food...good service and a great view...the problem I have is the price...I think they are over priced on many of their items. For instance...2 brunch items along with 2 drinks...over $52! And Like I said...it was good...but not $52 good. If we didn't have a gift card, it would have been hard to spend that kinda $$ on that brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLostOnMauiDined on 8/16/2014Great time! Great food! Great place! Our party had a fun time celebrating my good friend's birthday. The atmosphere was incredible. The views spectacular. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceiwatchthecorpsVIPDined on 8/16/2014We did have a very nice lance sitting outside. But, server Shey was really not interested in our dining experience. Tables around us were getting good recommendations and suggestions. Not true for us. Avoid her table if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014LOVED THIS RESTAURANT. THE FOOD WAS GREAT AND THE AMBIENCE OUTSTANDING, AS WE WERE SEATED OUTSIDE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EehhhredshawnstarkDined on 8/15/2014We sat outside, great view! My husband had the whole crab and wasn't impressed with it. I had the surf n turf with bone in filet and the crab. Steak was good but agreed with my husband on the crab. And it was served with some kind of sauce on the side for the crab. I thought it was butter but it wasn't, not sure what it was but it tasted like crab water. We gave gift cards for this place so maybe we'll give it another shot.Special Features:
- Not PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had a reservation, so when we got there we had to wait a minute which was ok, then they took us to are seat and we were there for 15 minutes and not one wait staff ever came to are table. Very poorSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodLocalFoodieDined on 8/14/2014We recently dined at The Dead Fish for my husband's birthday. Thankfully, he was born in the Summer, so his birthday celebrations can be outside. We enjoyed a yummy dinner with a wonderful view if the Carquinez Strait, the Maritime Museum, Mare Island and Vallejo on a warm evening. The Dead Fish consistently offers good meals at reasonable prices, and who can resist the "no corkage fee" policy? Our server Wesley was knowledgeable, professional and appeared at just the right times. The candelabra and free birthday dessert were a very nice touch. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritestime2dineDined on 8/14/2014Always enjoy my time here, it's quiet and the view is calming, the menu is diverse, the food excellent and service with a smile.Special Features:
- Seafood done right.pipereatsVIPDined on 8/12/2014You get what you pay for here. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- The BestRLBADDined on 8/11/2014Overwhelmed by the quality of the food. The best that I have had in memory. Just a great place for a special occasion. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placewhois99Dined on 8/10/2014I had fun here, I've eaten at "The Dead Fish" before. This time was different, I was by the fireplace. Perfect for a date!Special Features:
- ServiceliketoenjoyDined on 8/10/2014Received appetizer before drinks, then salad and food before we finished appetizer all with in 10 minutes. No room on table for everything because it all came at once Waitress only came by occasionally Not sure to returnSpecial Features:
- Good food but PriceyAsinglemomof4Dined on 8/10/2014I took my family for brunch & was hoping to sit outside but wasn't offered that so we sat near the window (I had reservations through Open Table & noted that we would like outside seating). Food was good but I thought brunch was $9.95 as noted in their website but when we saw the menu, it stated $10.95 - Family of 4 for brunch came out to be $103.00! They even charged for orange juice refills (4 small glasses for $15)!! We enjoyed the food and the service; however, it's way too over priced. This will be a place to go for a VERY special occasion (or maybe once every 2 years, or if I win the lottery).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and view is spectacularRst1211Dined on 8/9/2014The food is good, not great, very pricey. Sit outside if at all possible great view of the bay in the bridgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding night!ChrisDined on 8/9/2014We brought some new to the area friends for dinner on Saturday night. The food and service were outstanding! Our friends have family coming in from out of town and are going to bring them to dinner here. I have been to dinner here 5 times now and we have never had anything to complain about! I can not say that for other restaurants we have been to. A little out of the way, but, well worth the drive!Special Features:
- Always a very enjoyable experience!dougsgirlDined on 8/9/2014Food is always great as is service. Have been dining here for many years & never disappointed. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkingNickDined on 8/8/2014Tough to find parking around on Fridays night and weekendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014superb food, incredible view, friendly but slow serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014It is a bit expensive but the appetizers and dinner are excellent.Special Features:
- Empty crab legsPeach535Dined on 8/6/2014We spent almost $300 on a party of 5. We ordered the crab feast for 4. Almost ALL of our crab legs were EMPTY. There was meat In the body, but not the legs! Strange. When we alerted the waiter he seemed shocked yet did nothing to bring us a replacement crab. No compensation at all.Special Features:
- Almost great...BoondockerDined on 8/5/2014We met another couple for lunch and ordered the sea bass with olive oil poached topping and veggies (you get several choices for toppings). The sea bass was outstanding as was the couscous but the veggies (broccoli and asparagus) were not edible. They burnt them and they were beyond al dente! They were just plain hard and tasteless. Lovely view of the Carquinez Strait and nice service. One diner ordered the crab enchiladas which he said were excellent and the other diner ordered grilled shrimp and put it on a Caesar salad...also excellent. We've eaten here again and would return but would hope they could improve on their veggies.Special Features:
- JohnNSacDined on 8/3/2014Very good brunch selection. Our group of 7 also shared the seafood combo of grilled mussels, shrimp, and crab. Quite tasty. We were just a little disappointed that the meat in the mussels really shrank from the grilling. Best feature is the patio seating with gorgeous view of Carquinez Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead Fish anniversary lunchtakingtimeforthetwoofusDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I stopped in here at the recommendation of one of her friends. We had just spent the weekend in the Napa Valley celebrating our 32nd anniversary and were heading down Interstate 80 back home. It was a beautiful day so we made a reservation from our phone and dropped in for lunch. We enjoyed the ambiance, the food and the great view of the bridge and the straits below. As we were leaving we discovered that there is a great dining spot outside that overlooks the water that we will definitely have to try next time as we both love eating outdoors. We will be back.Special Features:
- DecentJohnMikeDined on 8/2/2014have had better when it comes to Dead Fish, was recommended by an old friend. If you are in the neighborhood it's a great find. My opinion I'd still rather go to other places.Special Features: