Chef Tony's - Bethesda
4926 St. Elmo Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Chef Tony's - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cheftonysbethesda.com/
- Phone: 3016543737
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Bottomless Mimosa Brunch Menu: 11 - 3pm, Dinner Seating until 8 pm. Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm. We are closed on Mondays but available for Private Parties. We also have the availability to rent out the entire restaurant for private functions, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners or corporate affairs. Contact Chef Tony to work out a menu and arrangements to fulfill your needs.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tony Marciante
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Reap the benefits of 24 years experience offering catered events from the staff of Chef Tony's. Anything from a backyard barbecue to the most upscale wedding can be planned with ease and within your budget. Our catering division has over 20 years in the industry providing upscale but affordable options. Allow our Chef owner to guide you to a great menu to complement your event including the availability of a full wine and bar service to complement your event. Download a helpful checklist at http://cheftonysbethesda.com/lunch-catering-menu.html
- Entertainment: Our restaurant features occasional live events including Poetry Reading, Jazz Music, Comedy Nights as well as Morning Business Leadership Breakfast Meetings. Contact Chef Tony if you have interest in working with our restaurant to feature your meeting group or offer your live entertainment suggestion. We provide complimentary WiFi and are happy to work with you to meet your needs and budget.
- Special Events: Any kind of event we can imagine, we make it happen. When other facilities give you a book of rules, room charges and other constrictions...see Tony for a quick and easy booking process. We're in the business of hospitality and can plan an event quickly.
- Cross Street: Old Georgetown Road
- Public Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample parking across the street in public garage offering pay by phone (setup ahead) http://www.goparknow.com (quarters accepted and happily provided at our bar) as well as street parking available on St. Elmo. Easy front door drop off directly at our curb for guests needing special access. Wheelchair accessible from curb.
A word from Chef Tony's - Bethesda
Daily changing Market Driven menu incorporates Fresh Seafood & Locally Farmed Foods when possible into a creative blend of Mediterranean specialties. Enjoy full size Entrees, Tapas plates & creative Vegetarian/Gluten Free offerings. In house desserts daily round out your experience. In the pursuit of culinary excellence, expect the Chefs to play with flavors, textures & seasonal offerings to challenge your expectations while keeping value in mind. Five, Ten and Twenty Course Tasting Menus can be arranged as well as Special Event Services and Banquets. A full bar complements the meal and plan your weekend to include the Bottomless Mimosa Brunch every Sunday featuring Farm Stand Egg Dishes Chef Tony’s also hosts many specialty events in Bethesda including Business Mixers, Social Media Events, Rehearsal Dinners & themed dinner parties. After 24 years of procuring top quality products, Chef Tony’s is a unassuming restaurant that continues to impress local diners and travContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Tony's - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (78)special occasion (58)romantic (55)great for lunch (25)good for groups (22)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (18)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- I was impressed with the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2008I was impressed with the food. It's a great addition to the neighborhood. THe food was moderately-priced and the menu was creative, different, & fun. The service was great. Our server was pleasant and made thoughtful recommendations. The calamari was a highlight and my mac-and-cheese chicken was a nice guilty pleasure. The wine list had a good variety for those that were by the glass. The chefs were a prescence in the dining room and bar area and added to the welcoming ambience. My only very slight complaint was that the dining room's air conditioner should have been turned on to offset the 85 degree temp outside. It was a bit warm. Visions is a great new place and I hope it has longevity. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- The food was really excellent.unhappy123VIPDined on 4/18/2008The food was really excellent. It was the first time we had been to the restaurant, which has only been open five months, but it will certainly not be the last time. We were extremely pleased with our experience.Special Features:
- Don't go for the decor --FinickyFoodieVIPDined on 4/15/2008Don't go for the decor -- as basic as it gets. DO go for the friendly ambiance (Tony and Iddi are more than likely to make an appearance during your meal) and the creative and imaginative cooking. The less promising the menu item (Mac 'n' Cheese, a sweet potato "pie" dessert) the more likely it will be great. We LOVE this place!Special Features:
- I've now enjoyed two dinnersrobertadcVIPDined on 4/14/2008I've now enjoyed two dinners and a lunch at Visions. I remain completely impressed. The food is well prepared and served with consideration for special requests. My fish was terrific with a sauce that was perfect. At Visions, I feel like I am being greeted and served by friends. Chefs Tony and Iddi are terrific and pay personal attention to their customers. I recommend highly.Special Features:
- One of our guests got an allergicOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/12/2008One of our guests got an allergic reaction from some bad fish -- he's not generally alergic to fish, this fish dish gave him hives, beet red skin, and required five benadryl pills at the table. No one seemed to notice the service was so poor and inattentive. The kitchen seemed overwhelmed by the Saturday night crowd -- both in terms of the pace of the dishes, and the quality. One of our guests was brought the wrong main dish; when the waitress was told, she went back to her computer terminal, double checked, and said, disbelievingly, "Gee, you are right -- this is wrong." What a treat to be simultaneously served the wrong meal and implicitly called a liar.
- First time and it was betterJRS39VIPDined on 4/12/2008First time and it was better than I expected. The food was very good and the portions size just right. Initally the music was to much, but after a few requests it was taken care of. I will be back and add it to my short list of places to go.Special Features:
- DINING AT VISIONS WAS SUCHOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/12/2008DINING AT VISIONS WAS SUCH A SPLENDID AFFAIR. THE FOOD WAS TO DIE FOR. THE DECOR AND FOOD WERE VISUALLY AESTETIC. EVERY BITE WAS DELECTABLE. VISIONS HAS NOW EASILY BECOME A FAVORITE DINING CHOICE.Special Features:
- Our group of four needed toLaughingTravellerVIPDined on 4/11/2008Our group of four needed to get out for 8 pm theater - and booked on line with this note and also told our waiter. But service - including getting the bill - was slow. However, food was very good. Portions generous. Mussel appetizer in a very tasty broth. The recommended scallops were indeed commendable. Nice wine list. Wait staff could be a bit more polished and prompt. The owner was very warm and friendly. I would definitely go back when in Bethesda and would like to try it when not in a rush.Special Features:
- I felt like the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2008I felt like the restaurant was good, but not over the top great. I thought for the price it should have been great. Also, the service wasn't great. I don't think it was bad but again for the price I expect great service. I don't think I will be back due to all the other choices in Bethesda and we don't go out often. I think it has potential and if you ordered the right dishes it could be great. I hope it becomes great.
- This restaurant was a trueNYLOVERVIPDined on 4/5/2008This restaurant was a true find. Every dish that we ordered (there were 4 of us that ordered different appetizers and main dishes) was cooked to perfection, with the fish, meats, and vegetables cooked to just the right level of tenderness and delicious sauces that were flavored with just the right amount of seasonings. The choices were extensive and the menu was extremely creative (try the incredible roasted Caesar salad!)The presentation was beautiful, and the staff, which included the two chefs who milled about, could not have been friendlier. This restaurant is a hidden gem that people should try out. We will definitely be back - the food was as good as the highest priced restaurants we have visited.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem is an aptDaveysMomVIPDined on 4/5/2008Neighborhood gem is an apt description of the restaurant. The food was okay but my husband had some issues with oversalting in his Domino tuna and my veal chop was as much fat as meat. On the menu we ordered a grilled caeser salad, but we got as I found out after perusing one of their old menus was the romaine leaves with lemon balsamic viniagrette dressing. Also, the bread could have risen a little longer and been baked a little longer. It was compressed and doughy in the middle. On the plus side, the sweet potatoe "pie" with ice cream and ginger snap was truly amazing. (My husband & I split this). Definitely worth going back for. Our server was very pleasant and friendly. The pace of the meal was leisurely, not rushed.Special Features:
- We had made a 9 pm reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2008We had made a 9 pm reservation thru Opentable, arrived at 9 pm and was told there would a table in 5 minutes - 5 minutes went by notable - 10 min, 20 min - When we inquired about when we might be seated -they were so rude - the person said it was not "her problem" when we would be seated. They just had a "who cares" attitude. We were about to leave - and got seated at 9:30 pm (30 minutes late) what was the point of a reservation ??? They did send over 3 mini- appetizer complimentary- They should have sent us to the bar to wait and served us complimentary drinks there - we would have been happier. I do not think I will go there again.Special Features:
- a nice lunch experience withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008a nice lunch experience with fair prices, good menu and very nice serviceSpecial Features:
- We had lunch at Visions andgigiDined on 3/31/2008We had lunch at Visions and there were very few people in the restaurant but the food was absolutely delicious. My guest had the asparagus soup which she raved about and I had a salad of arugula w/XVOO, fig goat cheese w/cranberries and it was a wonderful mix of tastes. We both had the Mac & Cheese w/chicken -- it was a cold rainy day and the Mac & Cheese was just right. It was comfort food, just like mom used to make and not like the kind that came from a box. Dessert was very good--we had sweet potato pie w/caramel ice cream and chocolate crème brûlée. Both wonderful choices--the sweet potato pie doesn't have any crust so you have this wonderful taste minus the calories of a pie crust. Loved the restaurant.Special Features:
- Our good food was not theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/29/2008Our good food was not the primary thing we recall about our Visions dinner on Saturday, March 29. The service was extremely poor. Wewere hustled to our seats and left for more than 20 minutes with no contact from our waitress. I then askedthe hostess to send the waitress over who was very grudgingly willing to take our order..she took the wine order at the same time as the food order because it had been more than 20 minutes that we'd been sitting there. I asked if the music (speaker over our table) could be turned down and had to repeat the request . Bread was not served while we waited. I would be reluctant to return or to recommend the place, not because of the food, but the service.Call202-412-6577 (leslie) for more information. Thanks.
- Really loved it. Great food.kikiDined on 3/26/2008Really loved it. Great food. Didn't know existed. Alittle pricey.Special Features:
- Very much enjoyed our visit.JohnVIPDined on 3/25/2008Very much enjoyed our visit. We were greeted by both our server and the owner/chef. Being a quiet night, we had our choice of tables. Decor was simple/elegant with nice pendant lamp lighting over tables. Service was attentive and friendly. Food was excellent. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- I attended for Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008I attended for Easter Brunch and found that the regular menu looked interesting but the brunch menu was unremarkable. There was one mistake in the food service, and I found the eggs to be a bit overcooked for my taste. I can't speak for the regular entrees. CRSpecial Features:
- This was our fourth time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/22/2008This was our fourth time dining at this relatively new restaurant, a short walk from our home. We took guests with us this last time. Each of us had a different main course and we each enjoyed our meal. We know good food when we taste it.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable new restaurant.YankeeVIPDined on 3/22/2008Very enjoyable new restaurant. Excellent service. Highest recommendation.Special Features: