54 Carmine Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.markettablenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122552100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-11:00pm;
Friday: 5:00pm-12:00am; Saturday: 5:00pm-12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mike Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Market Table offers full service catering.
A word from Market Table
Chef Mike Price and partner, Joey Campanaro, opened Market Table in the fall of 2007. Located at the corner of Carmine and Bedford Streets in the West Village, the restaurant boasts an airy dining room with exposed brick walls and large windows offering a view onto village life. The menu at Market Table is seasonal American, influenced by Mike's childhood on the family farm in Maryland coupled with years working beside great chefs. He offers nightly specials that reflect his love of creating simple dishes with big flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Table reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (116)neighborhood gem (109)special occasion (46)romantic (45)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (33)notable wine list (30)hot spot (26)good for groups (24)scenic view (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Brunch on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014The perfect place to feel a New Yorker Brunch! Nice food, perfect atmosphere, good drinks, both soft and strong!Special Features:
- food is always greatBurnTeesDined on 4/25/2014while the services was "eh"... the food is always great. will continue to come back for lunchSpecial Features:
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2014Usually eat here about 6 to 8 times per month for lunch and the food is fresh and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceGreatexpectationsDined on 4/20/2014Fresh vibrant food and attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Sublime gelato. A West Village gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village StandouttonitravelVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food and service were wonderful. We loved the oyster fritters, steak tartar, special pork dish and roast chicken. This restaurant is definitely a find. The waitress was so helpful in making suggestions when I couldn't decide between two dishes and she was definitely on the mark. In addition, when we explained what kind of wine we like, she was also able to pick the perfect wine choice. The only problem was the noise level. However, in order to get such great food, the noise level became secondary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chickenmabeasleyDined on 4/15/2014I'm not exaggerating when I say it was the best roasted chicken I've ever had! My dining companion ordered it, and I couldn't resist stealing some bites. My arctic char was not superb, but the side of kale and grilled octopus starter helped me forget. Warm atmosphere makes you want to stay awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014Food and service both excellent although the restaurant is a bit difficult to locate for those living outside the West Village. It is certainly worth the effort to get there. The specials are particularly creative and they feature excellent local produce and meats. For our visit and all this month, they have a pork special using various cuts and prep which was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was slow to come to tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014We showed up 20 minutes late and they still seated us. We had to ask for a waitress for our drink order, o/w the service and dinner was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious!!MoeMDined on 4/11/2014Great food, no waits, friendly staff, great service. Only drawback... Very loud. Not great for conversation when it is packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, drinksnikitaDined on 4/9/2014Seasonal menu - so this won't always be on it BUT - the pork shoulder was incredible. All of the food was great, but that dish was standout. Also had brussel sprouts & monkfish - both were excellent. Great ambiance, and hostess was able to seat us earlier than our 9pm res. I have a gluten allergy and the waitress was very aware of what that meant and how to accommodate. Lastly, they have great cocktails - specifically the Scarborough fizz, my new favorite drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food !AlbertoVIPDined on 4/7/2014We will be eating here again as soon as we come back to NY.Special Features:
- No disappointment here!DisappointedVIPDined on 4/2/2014My wife and I had dinner with two clients at this wonderful restaurant that came recommended by one of the clients who lives in the neighborhood. It was truly exceptional in every aspect of the dining experience. Though the bar is small, we started out there before moving to our table. Brock was our bartender - he makes a mean Cosmo and couldn't have been friendlier. We got a great four top near the window and proceeded to have an excellent meal that included outstanding service. Overall, I don't think the night could have gone any better. I highly recommend Market Table!Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceCat0725VIPDined on 4/1/2014Overall experience was great...entrees and sides were better than the appetizers, but appetizers still ok. Atmosphere: lively, high ceilings, etcSpecial Features:
- Always a favoritetampa2Dined on 3/30/2014First visit was in spring of 2013 and and had to come back - they do NOT disappoint. There is a true culinary delight to eating here, and it will become a main-stay staple each and every time we are in the city... the location, the staff, and the undeniably fantastic food. It's quiet, it's dark and a great corner window view of the area. There simply isn't enough room here to express how good it is overall, so do your research but you'll find it all points to yes - try it. Trust us. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food. The roastedForaDined on 3/29/2014Awesome food. The roasted chicken was probably the best chicken I've ever had. Braised kale was average at best. Good atmosphere, but waitress was not friendly at all.Special Features:
- Great for lunch. ProbablykathDined on 3/27/2014Great for lunch. Probably gets very noisy at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindNYCFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/24/2014Found Market Table through Open Table and was very pleased. Nice ambience, great food, and even a free plate of hush puppies since we had to wait a bit too long. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Great service and great food - well worth a visit. Only down side is that the candle light in so low, we had difficulty reading the excellent menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice atmosphereracheliaDined on 3/21/2014Great place to come for date night. Love the floor to ceiling windows that give you that real new york city street feel. I've been here a few times and the food is consistently fresh and really well prepared. On to the food: homemade ricotta cavatelli - Perhaps my favorite dish. The fresh ricotta and mushroom was so earthy and good. quinoa hushpuppies - this was a rare miss. they were heavy and starchy. veal schnitzel (not sure if that's what it said on the menu)- This was really nice, a little sour. very tasty. sea bass- very fresh. Great compliment to the veal.Special Features:
- Great street watching on CarminescottpfeifferVIPDined on 3/19/2014Market Table is located on one of those great walkable streets in New York, a block away from any major streets, and with great windows. The service is very attentive and the menu is frequently changing and balanced with choices for the adventurous and the less so, with all of the options apparently prepared with great expertise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlacepedroVIPDined on 3/18/2014Not only is the food spectacular the service was spot on and the drinks were great especially after 5 or 6 of them.. Appetizers Octopus A La Plancha - Great Entree Creekstone Farms Black Angus Filet - Awesome But try it yourself and you be the judge.Special Features:
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Found Market Table during Google search, not disappointed. Great staff with super atmosphere and a really good menu. Really enjoyed our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Veggies!GalvestoncomVIPDined on 3/16/2014Everything about this restaurant was perfect, from the amazing food to the incredible service. But the best part was how they were so accommodating to my request. I mentioned my love of vegetables to my server. Without skipping a beat, she told me how the chef could create a special "off-menu" vegetable plate. Believe it or not, a plate of vegetables turned out to be one of the top 5 meals of my life! The charred Brussels sprouts, the braised black kale with molasses, the sautéed cauliflower, and quinoa hush puppies were all simply magnificent. Both nites, I capped the experience with the 5-star flourless chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse and ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE!1KTravelerVIPDined on 3/15/2014Once again, Market Table showed why it is one of my favorite restaurants in NYC. Seated at the bar with Jonathan serving, I asked for 3 courses Chef's Choice. I started out with a light, but tasty sweet gem salad followed by the homemade ricotta cavatelli. The main course, a pork strip loin accompanied by a bay leaf sausage was out of this world! If you have a chance, try the "whole hog" special of the evening, which features different pork cuts nightly. The wine pairings were spot on and Jonathan focused on Southern Italian varietals. This is one of those places where the wine tastes like it was grown just for the food. Dessert was the even popular Apple Tarte. Don't miss Market Table when in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite village spotsstevefromcolumbiacountyDined on 3/11/2014I love Market table. Everything I've ever eaten there is entirely delicious. Staff is super-friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UGHJerseyGirl227VIPDined on 3/11/2014If you call yourself Market Table -- being so close to amazing markets --- please serve market vegetable friendly food! There's not ONE vegetarian entree on the menu. I told my server I wasn't eating meat or fish and he told me I should order a few sides. So I did..i ate a side of cauliflower, brussel sprouts and french fries. I barely ate my "food" -- but i had enough room for ice cream...that was delicious! BTW...I"m not some crazy vegan, Im a crazy meat lover who gave it up for Lent. Totally unhelpful staff! Again, if i see "market table," I assume the Chef has seen a market -- not just a Cysco delivery van!
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/8/2014Great food and service. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER GREAT MEAL!1KTravelerVIPDined on 2/23/2014As is now our tradition, we have dinner here every time we visit New York. The food is consistently delicious and the staff has no problem working with special requests such as vegan or vegetarian menus. The restaurant is currently doing a special with whole hog meat dishes which change nightly. I started with the kale salad, which was delicious, followed by an amazing pork shoulder served over potatoes with brussels sprouts and winter vegetables. Wine pairings were perfect, highlighted by a beautiful 2009 Barolo which paired well with the pork. Every one at our table was delighted with their choices and dessert was equally satisfying. The staff are very knowledgeable and engaging. The decor and atmosphere are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent NYC Dining ExperienceLew12Dined on 2/20/2014Well prepared and interesting food prep, excellent service, welcoming and homey atmosphere, moderately price for NYC. Only relative negative may be that wine by the bottle is $48 and up. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerCindersDined on 2/17/2014Fresh food, deliciously prepared, desserts were fabulous!! The restaurant is on a very cozy corner in Greenwich Village. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Poor wait staffNYC15VIPDined on 2/16/2014I wanted to let you know of a poor experience we had last night with your waitress Amy C #88. I was there with a group of 4 yesterday around 8pm and this waitress (short brown hair with bangs) was rude from the start. She was very put off when we ordered water and tea, my friend had to ask several times for a hot water refill. When she refilled the water she poured half of it on the table missing the cup. We then had to ask for a napkin to clean up the mess because she simply walked away. We ordered food and not once did she come back to ask how it was. I had to flag down the bus boy for ketchup/ utensils etc. We would never go back-
- One of my favorite restaurantsRobertVIPDined on 2/16/2014The food is always wonderful, the staff friendly, the service good. I am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceAnniKAVIPDined on 2/12/2014It was the great service that made my lunch here stand out. The menu for lunch seemed partially farm-to-table - nothing wild, relatively healthy options. The waitress we had was incredibly attentive without hovering and her attention to a few vital details really made for a lovely lunch experience. I'd come here again.Special Features:
- Market table is ableMorelDined on 2/12/2014Good lunch menu with friendly service. I enjoyed a BLT special with avocado; smart and efficient dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!MelissaDined on 2/11/2014Great food and atmosphere! Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS PLEASEDPlannerDiVIPDined on 2/8/2014I send friends to this restaurant for the farm-to-table fresh food. I love the chalkboard with the daily menu, and the root vegetable soup in the winter is perfect for this cold weather. Great food and fun ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014Everything was fantastic! Our waitress gave us great advice on what to order and everything from the octopus appetizer to the apple pie dessert far exceeded our expectations. The Brussel sprouts, chicken and flounder were delicious and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & easyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/5/2014Perfect spot for a cozy, delicious, neighborhoody meal. The food spectacular, the Beef Carpaccio is a must, a twist on the conventional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousnycfoodieDined on 2/5/2014Service is great and the food is always amazing. Apple pie desert is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Delicious!!!BiklesVIPDined on 1/31/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant in the city! Everything from the food and wine to the service is superb! You can never go wrong with their signature chicken dish, which we ordered along with the pork chops as our entrees. The arctic char tartar and sweetbreads were excellent starters.Special Features: