54 Carmine Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.markettablenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122552100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-11:00pm;
Friday: 5:00pm-12:00am; Saturday: 5:00pm-12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mike Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Market Table offers full service catering.
A word from Market Table
Chef Mike Price and partner, Joey Campanaro, opened Market Table in the fall of 2007. Located at the corner of Carmine and Bedford Streets in the West Village, the restaurant boasts an airy dining room with exposed brick walls and large windows offering a view onto village life. The menu at Market Table is seasonal American, influenced by Mike's childhood on the family farm in Maryland coupled with years working beside great chefs. He offers nightly specials that reflect his love of creating simple dishes with big flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Table reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (109)special occasion (47)romantic (45)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (33)notable wine list (30)hot spot (25)good for groups (23)scenic view (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- FANTASTIC FIND!DorothyfromKansasDined on 7/17/2014We were early for our reservation and even though they weren't officially open, they sat us at our table. The food was fresh, unique and delicious and our waitress was lovely. It is an interesting and fun space that has great vibes. We will definitely return and we highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Market Table ExcelsbjakucDined on 7/11/2014I had a late dinner there with a friend and from start to finish the experience was top notch. We shared an excellent octopus appetizer with fava beans that was delicious. For main course my friend had medallions of monk fish that had a wonderful smoky flavor that was tremendous and I had the hog special (they get an entire hog each week and serve different cuts as specials). Especially noteworthy was a peach mustard sauce on the hog special. I would whole heartedly recommend Market table to friends and plan on returning there again.Special Features:
- A Small Celebrationsvd1Dined on 7/10/2014We were, in a sense, a (slightly) special needs group. Every need--from early seating to table selection to explanation of some items--was met with grace and polish. An especially fine choice for a small celebration. All dishes were applauded; I found the vegetable sides especially extraordinary and worthy of a meal in themselves. My only qualm was the noise level, even early in the evening; but I'm an out-of-towner, at least for the past 45 years, and I was assured by companions that it was perfectly acceptable for New York. On my short list for return visits, along with Daniel and the 2nd Avenue Deli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant for your short listSteveNYCVIPDined on 7/9/2014Live nearby but had never been in. My mistake. Had reservation but decided to sit at the bar--great atmosphere. Amy at the bar was very attentive and helpful. Gazpacho perfect for a hot summer night--cold but spicy. Duck breast marinated, tender and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceAnneVIPDined on 7/9/2014I went to Market Street with some work colleagues and the hostess found us a relatively quiet table in the corner. If you want total privacy and quiet, this place is not for you, but it was quiet enough for our work meeting, but lively enough to be fun. The food was great (The orange french toast for dessert was amazing!), and the service was outstanding. All in all, A thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LillianDined on 7/8/2014I really do love this restaurant. Whenever I am trying to find a special place it he neighborhood, this restaurant always comes to mind. And, I am never sorry ....Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchAck12Dined on 7/6/2014My husband, two twenty something sons, and I had brunch at Market Table last Sunday. The brunch menu is a bit limited, but we all found something we liked and our waitress could not have been nicer about explaining the gluten free options to us. Food was absolutely scrumptious. I had the scramble, one son had the ham steak, one had the burger and my husband enjoyed the chicken. We had sides of bacon and veggies. All delicious. Lovely brunch and we'll be sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentJackDined on 7/5/2014The food and presentation were fine, our table excellent, two young women were our servers and could not have been more pleasant, helpful. Pork special was disappointing but without any comment from us, the manager acknowledged meal was not up to their standards and rectified. Very professional, and left us with a very favorable impression. Overall, a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good mealbeccoVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food was really wonderful. I had char and my guest had chicken over a pea risotto. Service was attentive but not over bearing. I did think it was weird that they served soda and beer in cans. Looked a little too casual for the atmosphere of the space. I also thought it was a bit pricey. he chicken dish was $25, $18 would have been a better price point.Special Features:
- An enjoyable outingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Very we'll run operation backed by excellent food and a very good wine list, enjoy the evening. From the moment we arrived, the hostess and waitress took care of every detail, made excellent recommendations and moved items at just the right pace. 3 different fish plates were each excellent, the duck too. Appetizers and side dishes just as special. No glitches here - a good thing when you're paying for it but I don't mind the somewhat high bill if everything is done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEM IN THE WEST VILLAGE1KTravelerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Market Table is one of those restaurants I think about weeks in advance of visiting NYC. Tonight's experience was another example of why. I allowed the chef to select three courses with wine pairing. The first, an Octopus la plancha, was beautifully presented. The meat was firm, yet tender and delicious. The second course, Soft shell crab was fresh and crispy, served with a green curry sauce giving it an unusual Asian flair. Finally, the Spiced Long Island duck with cashew puree and cherries was a wonderful marriage of flavors, further enhanced by the Two Messengers Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley. Dessert was a seasonal peach pie with sour cream gelato. Our server was outstanding, making this another memorable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014Excellent food - fresh, tasty and well presented. Cheese plate, steak tartar, cavatelli, beet salad all delicious and A+. Halibut was good, but not fantastic. Cocktails are creative and use interesting ingredients. Service was great - we sat for a long time and didn't get disturbed. If I had to make one suggestion, it would be to lower the AC. It was so cold in our area!Special Features:
- Tiny PortionLisa0708VIPDined on 6/25/2014While delicious, my portion of halibut was teeny -- especially for $31. It almost seemed like they were running low and stretching. The chicken on the other hand, was quite a large dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect farm to tableJDofDCVIPDined on 6/23/2014Had read the reviews and needed a casual open space not too much noise place to take my team, who just flew and trained in to the city, out the night before a big meeting. It was the perfect spot. Really relaxed, wonderful, manageable and thoughtful, wine list with perfectly prepared food, suitable for any foodie looking for simple, fresh and delicious food. Andrea was our server and she was great at every turn. Superb choice to go with colleagues or friends for a relaxed and very satisfying evening of great food, wine and conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014pork shoulder chops were fabulous, would go back anytime in townSpecial Features:
- Great placemamaynarDined on 6/22/2014For our last day in NYC, we decided to find a nice brunch place. We made reservations for 10:15am, but apparently New Yorker's start brunch much later than I expected, as the place was empty at that time! But it filled up by 11:30/noon. The servers were very friendly, just a bit slow. Example, our waitress was not very busy as we were one of few tables, but she completely forgot our Mimosas (which are great btw) but when I mentioned it, she immediately brought them and apologized profusely. The pancakes and french toast were excellent, lighter and fruity. The view is also quite charming along with the interior. I would go back and recommend this spot to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent!LuluBrindacierDined on 6/21/2014Nous étions 10 et avions réservé 4 tables (il ne prennent pas les grands groupes). Cependant, ils nous ont malgré tout accommodé en collant nos tables ensemble. Tout était délicieux, de l'entrée au dessert, mais les portions auraient pu être un peu plus généreuses. Des saveurs simples, bien agencées. Belle présentation. Ambiance trendy, personnel chaleureux et compétent. Facture raisonnable considérant la qualité des plats et des vins.Special Features:
- Memorable mealLuluVIPDined on 6/21/2014Attentive service, excellent food and loved the little black comment book presented with the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014friendly, good selection of food, nice waiter, relaxed and will come back.Special Features:
- Delicious foodSchkeatDined on 6/15/2014Food was absolutely delicious! Especially the octopus. It was expensive but worth it and service Was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market TableEdwardJDined on 6/14/2014A friend recomended this place to us and we really enjoyed our meal. Cocktails to starters to entrees, everything was on point. Our waiter was fantastic and took very good care of us. The bview out the windows was like theaterSpecial Features:
- Just exactly rightjbkfDined on 6/13/2014This place makes you feel welcome and comfortable while not being casual at all about food quality and presentation. Our shared appetizers were divided and plated for us. Service was friendly yet entirely professional. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic start to finishLaConsueloDined on 6/11/2014The decor and ambience are lovely. Energetic, but not so loud you can't hear each other. Specialty cocktails are great (go for the sangria!), the quinoa hushpuppies crispy and yummy, ANY entree is just outstanding (that includes the roasted chicken - - which they butterfly - - with spring pea risotto!!!) and for dessert, banana chip ice cream. Finish with a glass of sauterne. Great wine list. ENJOY!Special Features:
- chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/9/2014The chicken alone is worth the visit for dinner. They have a good selection of entrees for brunch too. Very stylish and relaxing.Special Features:
- Fresh and innovativedenniq56Dined on 6/8/2014Our meal here was fresh and fun! The room was very crowded but we were able to converse. The food was top-notch and we enjoyed the wine selection. Even with the crowd, we were not rushed and felt relaxed and able to stay late and spend time with our relatives. Great place!Special Features:
- JohnDined on 6/1/2014Great little storefront West Village eatery for brunch. Lively. Service was attentive though took several asks for a second cup of decaf. Breakfast selections somewhat limited for brunch, leaning more to lunch selections. Altogether very satisfied with Market Table as a brunch experience.Special Features:
- Off the Charts!RocketDined on 5/31/2014Our dining experience at Market Table may be the best culinary experience we've ever had in the city. From the minute we walked in, the service was beyond outstanding. Add our server, Sarah P, the greeting of the hostess, and the manager who welcomed us with a complimentary glass of champaign for our wedding anniversary, the evening only got more euphoric from there. The wine selection and food choices were beyond our wildest expectations. Sarah really elevated the evening as she selected our wine and dinner entries. Flawless! An absolutely outstanding and memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect dining experience!ConnnycersDined on 5/31/2014We were spending our anniversary weekend in the city and wanted a nice, romantic dinner in the West Village. We are so glad we chose Market Table (based on TimeOut NY reviews). The food was tremendous: ricotta cavatelli was awesome, whole hog special (braised pork shoulder) delicious, and Atlantic char so perfect with the spicy chutney. You must have the flourless chocolate cake. Sounds pedestrian but the whipped peanut butter and banana chip ice cream on the side were divine accompaniments. Service was excellent. All in all a great dinner and evening! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully Fresh!CillyenoughtoeatDined on 5/26/2014We loved the special of the day, a frittata. It was super light and packed with juicy bacon chunks, spinach and fontina cheese. We would come back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- VivandDave52Dined on 5/25/2014One of the best meals out we have had in along time, the menu was varied and the food and wines were outstanding . Service was just right, Our last night in NY was made complete .Special Features:
- Becoming a regular favrtomas45Dined on 5/25/2014This is our second visit to Market Table and this time we brought a friend who is moving to the NYC area from San Francisco. We all enjoyed our meals. For starters, two of us had the beet salad and my husband had the special crabs - excellent. Our main meals were delicious as well, good proportions, beautifully plated. There's a bit of a southern flair to the cookery here (my dinner partners are North Carolina born nd raised, so was our wait person). Also, the wine list is well chosen and fairly priced - we had a great Spanish wine by the glass. Our server was very sweet, competent and attentive - she suggested the Spanish wine we loved. This is become a go to favorite restaurant for us in the West Village / Soho area.Special Features:
- The following 956 reviews are from the Market Table reviews archive.
- On a Friend's RecommendationGMN1Dined on 5/23/2014We made reservations based on a friend's previous experience. Really enjoyed the space. The waitress' recommendations were exceptional. I had the duck for my main course and my wife the fish. My entree was wonderfully presented with great flavors. The desert was a rhubarb/strawberry pie with sour cream gelato. I ordered it solely to try the gelato and was not disappointed. I appreciated the wine selection which was not overwhelming and I picked a pinot noir from Oregon. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet of sole was without flavorfoodtravels06VIPDined on 5/20/2014have had wonderful meals here in the past but either they had an off night or the kitchen has become too complacent. In the past the tile fish dish at lunch was moist with a lovely butter, caper sauce. the filet of sole was absolutely bland and the sparse amount of vegetables couldn't save the dish.Special Features:
- Love it, but...David10546Dined on 5/17/2014Love this restaurant despite the cramped seating. Best wait staff ever! Food's always phenomenal, but on this visit the flounder was overwhelmed by salty olives and artichokes. But I'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great date night experienceNgMdDined on 5/15/2014Excellent menu, Oyster fritters were excellent as well as the arctic char and the chicory kale. Wonderful unique cocktails, ambiance was fitting for a quiet dinner for two. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- FlavorfulBrooklyniteDined on 5/10/2014The chef combines and cooks ingredients to pul out every possible flavor. I had an outstanding beet salad with greens, creme fraiche and lemon juice, a whole branzino which was perfectly cooked, and a strawberry rhubarb pie with sour cream gelato. All of it was great. The service was attentive and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkyeVIPDined on 5/7/2014Delicious! Loved every bite! Would highly recommend this gem!Special Features:
- Fresh and Delicious!DanielleP143VIPDined on 5/6/2014I love the menu and that its ever changing, according to what's fresh! One of my dining companions has a gluten allergy-and the waiter was VERY knowledgeable regarding what my friend could and couldn't have, which was so helpful (and there were a LOT of great options for gluten free eaters!!)Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014Must go back again to try all the dishes I didn't get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome servicerichard83Dined on 5/3/2014service was great, food was great. glad i stumbled upon this place on open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.