236 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ililinyc.com/
- Phone: 2126832929x
- Hours of Operation:
Prix Fixe Lunch Mon-Fri $22.
Prix Fixe Brunch Sat-Sun $28.
LUNCH Monday-Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm,
DINNER Monday-Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:30pm,
WEEKENDS:Saturday 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 10:30pm.
NIGHTLY:Bar & Lounge Open Till Last Call
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Philippe Massoud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For further information, please visit our website.
- Entertainment: Entertainment is available upon request for private events.
- Special Events: Contact our Private Event Department at: (212) 481-1840
- Cross Street: Between 27th & 28th
- Public Transit: N & R Subway Lines 28th Street Stop. 6 Line on Park is near as well 28th Street Stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in a lot on 28th Street, between Broadway and 5th Avenue. Street parking is also available near restaurant.
A word from ilili
ilili is New York’s premier contemporary Lebanese restaurant offering inspired Mediterranean cuisine. The menu mixes authentic Lebanese dishes with modern Mediterranean influences to create a culinary journey for the palate and senses. Complementing the international cuisine, ilili offers an impressive wine list that includes wines from all over the world and features favorites from Lebanon and the Mediterranean. The restaurant’s decor echoes the diverse menu, combining the architectural richness of Old Lebanon with an attitude and style that is unmistakably New York. A DJ sets the mood with music from around the globe and soft, amber lighting punctuated by candles create a sexy, sophisticated atmosphere in which to enjoy a relaxed meal. The cuisine, décor and ambience come together to create a new world for your senses to explore, whispering gently in your ear, ilili.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
ilili reviews from OpenTable diners
418 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (246)good for groups (214)special occasion (155)hot spot (124)romantic (121)vibrant bar scene (113)neighborhood gem (91)great for lunch (79)late-night find (46)notable wine list (42)great for brunch (36)kid-friendly (19)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Good FoodDoubleDateDined on 8/11/2014My friends and I double dated here during restaurant week and other than being placed in a different section of the restaurant we couldn't tell we were eating form a different menu. The food was absolutely delicious and the man that served us was spectacular and funny as well. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise and SaltrudedudeoffoodDined on 8/11/2014Crowded tables and lots of noise, so not a place for intimate conversation. Appetizers were good, if not remarkable. My lamb shank had been so over salted that it was inedible, even with all the yogurt one might pour over it. The staff was solicitous and concerned, offering another entree, but the first few bites of all that salt had left me nauseous. My wife's branzino was good.Special Features:
- GirlsnightGirlslovewineDined on 8/11/2014We loved ilili! I came here with a friend. The food was delicious and the service was great. We sat in the upstairs area and it had a great atmosphere. The menu had really good vegetarian options. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The waitress, and hosts were great! The bus people are either really slow or don't come back with what you requested. The vegetarian appetizers were amazing. The hummus was so smooth- we added Jalapeno to it, just divine. The cauliflower was grilled to perfection and the moussaka was flavorful. The meat dishes weren't out of the ordinary. I ordered the Sea Scallops. The scallops were cooked perfectly, but they put a lot of lemon rinds to the top which over powered the delicate scallop. I had to scrap that off. All in all, it was a great night. Our waitress was great.Special Features:
- ilili ExperienceJimpetDined on 8/11/2014Nice, chic restaurant with new twists on traditional Lebanese cuisine.Special Features:
- One of best, decade dining in NYC.SlohrDined on 8/11/2014One of my favorite meals after a decade dining in NYC. I didn't know Lebanese food was so incredible.. and our server Nassir was sweet, patient and professional. The host too, was gracious and friendly. My friend and I shared the brussel sprouts, hummus, branzino, phoenician fries--all so delicious and then came the dessert that blew our minds--Ashta, "traditional lebanese clotted cream, rose water syrup" and berries. Definitely worth frequenting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinerDined on 8/10/2014This is basically a mideastern fusion restaurant, with overpriced food and waiters who are ready to pounce and take away your plate before you are done. The room is pleasant, the food is so so. We had not been to this restaurant before, and thought we'd give it a try. We love mideastern food, and perhaps one problem was that this is not listed as a fusion restaurant. Not bad, but not what we hoped for.
- Awesome FoodFoodCrazeDined on 8/9/2014The place has amazing food, I do wish they had more chicken options, pita bread is best partSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the lambOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I ended up choosing the lamb dip for lunch and was so glad that I did. The croutons in the lentil soup dissolve and bring a nice garlicky flavor to the whole bowl. The cheesecake was light and the rhubarb was a great touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014We loved everything we tried. Each appetizer and entree was prepared perfectly and were extremely flavorful. The Lamb Makloubeh entree was delicious and tender. The portions are a good size. The desserts were incredible. We had the traditional Lebanese dessert and the sweet cheese tart which we couldn't get enough of. They do use a lot of rose water flavoring for the desserts. I personally loved it but others may not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IliliAnnegwshDined on 8/7/2014We had such a great experience at Ilili. The waiter was extremely helpful, with a thourough knowledge of the menu and great suggestions. All of the food was delicious. Would definately recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious, huge & loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014very good mediterranean food. huge, massive, loud restaurant. not cozy and quaint--but very good food. good wine too. i'd think would be good for a large work group in particularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppsBruce706Dined on 8/7/2014I loved my hummus! Fantastic bread and wonderful cold fluke. My Bronzino entree was only fair and dessert was good (some kind of chocolate cake with a cookie crunch). Service was only fair. The entrees came out the second our apps were done and the drinks took forever.Special Features:
- NOT your old Cedars of Lebanonopera1VIPDined on 8/7/2014This is upscale, contemporary, and New York. It is NOT cosy, actually rather barnlike with high ceilings, wood walls. Not MY taste aesthetically but it certainly is attractive in its way. Much too noisy even when not crowded. All of that may appeal to the younger crowd they want to appeal to. The menu is "interesting" and fortunately we had a marvelous waiter who really explained what everything was. Aside from the overly lemony (and I thought I could never have too much lemon) kale salad, our selections were quite delicious. The lamb-shank sandwich was better than I could have dreamed, and the desserts (VERY small!) were delicious. I'd be pleased to return tho wouldn't necessarily choose to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Lebanese foodfoodforthoughtDined on 8/6/2014Went here for restaurant week, which was a great deal. Between two people, you get 4 appetizers, 2 mains and 2 desserts. All the appetizers were so fresh and delicious, with the cauliflower and moussaka as my favorites. The pillow pocket pita bread that accompanied it was perfect, soft and warm as they bring it out. It's worth paying the extra money for the scallops as they were seasoned and cooked perfectly - definitely the highlight of the meal. And the cheese cake was a wonderful surprise! Sweet yet tart and not too rich. Overall, amazing experience and would definitely recommend this place for a romantic or business dinner.Special Features:
- Great Find!ChelseaFoodieDined on 8/6/2014We went to Ilili during Restaurant Week and were pleasantly surprised. It's noisy in the bar area, which was quite busy, but this restaurant has several nooks for quiet dining. The food and service were exceptional. The small plates are good for a meal by themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive MediterraneanZsuzsikaDined on 8/6/2014Like finding a secret spot. Make sure you don't walk past this fabulous restaurant! Ordered a variety of appetizers to construct a delicious, flavor-rich lunch to linger over. Since it was crowded, we were seated upstairs - which although less noisy, somewhat diminished the ambiance. The outstanding food and service made up for that though. Highly recommend for a rare culinary experience.Special Features:
- Awesome food, smart staff recsSethHVIPDined on 8/5/2014Last minute late night dinning decision that will surely be in my top 5 go-to restaurants. Great hummus, meatballs and feta apps... Steak was awesome but I was already full when it can. Staff steered us to a great combination of appetizers. The candy bar dessert was unbelievable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ilovefoodDined on 8/5/2014A modern twist on traditional Lebanese flavors. Was here to celebrate a birthday and got to take advantage of the Restaurant Week menu. The food was very good overall. Some of the appetizers were excellent, others less successful. Scallops were flavorful and well-cooked. Our server was attentive and friendly. The major drawback was the noise level - it was a too loud to comfortably have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ilili, but not the back roomDavidCDined on 8/5/2014I have eaten at Ilili many times and will go back in the future. Their wine list is a good match for the food and they have a reasonable corkage policy (except for large groups) with good service (e.g., glasses, decanting). The food is always great and the best Lebanese in NYC. Service is knowledgeable, helpful, and there when you need it. This dining experience only gets 4 stars instead of 5 because we were seated in the back or side room to the restaurant which has low ceilings and is poorly lit, particularly along the far wall. Avoid that and you will surely have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food!Foodlover12Dined on 8/5/2014I went to the restaurant for restaurant week 2014 for lunch and i can't wait to go back for dinner and order from the full menu. Everything was great! Desert was to die for. The service was great our waiter was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceZezeVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have heard about Ilili before and decided to try with my co-worker since it is restaurant week. The service was outstanding, the waiter new exactly how to sell the food and makes you think you want to try everything. The food was fresh and yummy. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- food is greats00sannaDined on 8/4/2014the food here is tasty. lot of variety. the entrees are pricey, but you can always do an array of their delicious mezzas and enjoy your meal tapas-style! the hummus with basterma is quite good, as is their steak tartare (kibbe).Special Features:
- Great TapasTolieboDined on 8/3/2014Great dinner out! We ordered lots of plates of delicious foods to share. Amazing service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst food double the priceKingTasterDined on 8/2/2014I searched online for a good middle eastern restaurant and decided to pick this one. It is so loud in there I couldn't even hear the waiter. The food sucks, from appetizers to desert. They all suck and r not worth the price. I ordered a bunch of food cuz I was with family and I wanted to try everything. Big mistake and will never go there againSpecial Features:
- Great AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great appetizer selection. Lots of different dips and salads - the Mouhamara was delicious. Desert was great too. Would come back for happy hour to split apps and wine.Special Features:
- A mustkew1VIPDined on 7/31/2014ilili is a must - the food is exceptional (and an extra great value for restaurant week), the service is always good, and the upstairs nook is great for romantic and special occasions! It is well worth the trek from Connecticut to dine here!Special Features:
- Not up to their own standard....DitaVIPDined on 7/31/2014As a repeat customer I had a high level of expectation. The appetizers were supurb! To the other extreme, the branzino ( a new addtiion to the menu) was bland, the skin was not crisp, and the greens were so unbelievably salty that a bit into pieces of salt. The only desert I ever select is the ashta, although the flavor was spot on, the texture was not......Special Features:
- restaurant week mealCSRNYCVIPDined on 7/31/2014i was astounded by the generous size of the portions. the RW menu included 2 small plates, a main course and dessert. I took home half of what was served, it was far too much. That said, it was memorable, flavorful, well presented. Truly a bargain. I had been to this restaurant several times previously and had only shared small plates with friends. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014The staff was amazing and very attentive - would totally go back. The food was incredible..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 7/30/2014One of my favorite Mediterranean restaurants. The grape leaves appetizer was ok, the ribeye excellent (although quite heavy for lunch), and the chocolate bar very good. A supplementary charge of $17 was added for the ribeye, so it came out a bit pricey for a Restaurant Week lunch. Service was slow and spotty but friendly. The place is ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ro2268Dined on 7/29/2014Everything was delicious! Really enjoyed dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- server was strange. but food greatChandlerXDined on 7/28/2014waiter was just an odd guy. not rude or disrespectful, just odd/strange. food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlejandroAlejandroDined on 7/28/2014I cant recommend this restaurant enough. The food was phenomenal. The waiter was okay but the rest of the staff made sure we were fine so it made up for it. It seemed like they had so much staff. But again... the food was phenomenal. I had the trout, lebanese rice and hummus. I cant wait to go back and try more dishes. My whole group were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesJpetroceDined on 7/28/2014Service was great and relatively fast. Brussel sprouts are not to be missed. The kind of place where the appetizers are better than the main courses-- order multiple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAkiraDined on 7/28/2014We went as part of NYC restaurant week. The service was great, they were able to cope with nut allergies in our group. Our son, 9, loved it "exquisitely epic food" he says. The food was delicious, plentiful, great flavours, good advice from our waiter, just a shame we couldn't finish it all.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceGreatDined on 7/27/2014Went there for dinner with my teenage children; great service with friendly staff. Food was excellent; have the brussel sprouts; potatoes and chicken tavouk! Humus is OK (have had better), skip it if you likeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014What a treat. We had so many delightful treats... unique prep on the brussell sprouts, delicious lamb meatballs in a cherry glaze, well-prepared octopus, great breads and dips. Who knew Lebanese food could be so marvelous. Attentive service, hip-looking people, festive vibe for foodies.Special Features:
- DineLoverDined on 7/25/2014Tables too close to others, my dinning experience is best described as awkward...Special Features:
- great pic for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014A romantic setting for excellent Lebanese food. Large selection of items for Restautant week on their menu, attentive service and overall great experience. Only drawback: Their wine selection leaves something to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.