1112 F Street
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toscadc.com/
- Phone: 2023671990x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:30pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Fabbri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private spaces available. Please call for details
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Fotter - email@example.com 2023671990x
- Special Events: Private and semi-private facilities for groups up to 30 guests. Tosca has a small private dining room for up to 15 guests. we also have a semi-private space for up to 24 guests.
A word from Tosca Ristorante
Ristorante Tosca offers the finest in contemporary northern Italian cuisine by executive Chef Massimo Fabbri. He interprets Italian cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients, using a creative approach that respects the great traditions of Tuscan gastronomy. Tosca combines modern style and elegance to create an intimate and comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tosca Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tosca Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (59)romantic (48)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best italian Food in DCDCDinerVIPDined on 6/17/2014Elegant setting and flawless service add to the appeal of this already knockout Italian. Food is expertly prepared and special requests are handled graciously and effortlessly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceCrusaderDined on 6/13/2014Expensive but worth it. More than food ... Cuisine! Every dish for our party was perfectly prepared. Service was attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Tosca never disappoints. We try to eat there every time we come to DC. Everything about the experience was the best. Beautiful atmosphere, superb waiter, excellent meal. Thank you! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WinnerGdelpasaVIPDined on 6/11/2014Lovely dining experience. The server worked with us to craft a perfect meal of caprese, pasta, and fish with a perfectly matched wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Best restaurant in DC! Food was amazing and service just perfect!Special Features:
- Overly expensive for what you getRespondrVIPDined on 6/7/2014Main course = very small portion and way overpriced considering the quality and quantity. The food was good, but not extraordinary in relation to other restaurants with similar overhead costs and location. Nice ambiance and the service was great. Food though was average.Special Features:
- Fabulous!WineNDineVIPDined on 6/7/2014We reserved the chef's table for an anniversary celebration and every one of the eight courses was phenomenal. Whether it was the lobster ravioli, the antelope pappardelle or the lamb chop, Chef Massimo's creativity and love of food was evident. In addition to the incredible meal, the service was top notch and the ambiance was very comforting. If you want an unforgettable Italian experience in DC, Tosca is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated EleganceCCentralDined on 6/4/2014I was very delighted in having such an elegant dining experience prior to going to the theatre. A lot of pre-theatre meals feel rushed but not at Tosca. The menu selections were exceptional and were a gourmand's paradise. The staff were very attentive and worked well with each other in making sure that each detail was meticulously taken care of. I am eagerly anticipating another evening there. Valet parking was was an ease and very reasonably priced. You can't go wrong with choosing Tosca for an evening out and for any reason from business, special occasion, pre-theatre or romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Italian!Karamelized1Dined on 6/3/2014A superb restaurant for non-red sauce Italian cuisine, delicately prepared, excellently plated, skillfully served. Warm, friendly servers; outstanding wine list. It is our goto restaurant every time we are in D.C. The chefs, executive chef Massimo and sous chef Riccardo, are creative and skilled. The owner, Paolo, is attentive and caring. The maître, Tommaso, oversees everything to make sure it all goes smoothly for the guests. The servers, Pavel and Milton, are friendly and remember their customers. We can't speak too highly of Tosca, ordinary praise does not do it justice!Special Features:
- Superb as always!Karamelized1Dined on 5/30/2014The emphasis is on classic Italian, not Italo-American, no heavy tomatoe sauces. A wonderfully manageable menu of well prepared dishes using seasonal goodies, fresh fish and fresh veggies. Ideal for foodies like us. An outstanding selection of wines with a good range of prices to suit any pocket and pallette. The service is exceptional, the maitre (Tommaso) makes sure everything is running smoothly with no glitches. Portions are very generous, not the recent pseudo-Asian bite sized portions; desserts are super. WunderChef Massimo was unavailable at this visit since he was home with his wife and brand new baby Lorenzo, but the kitchen did him proud!Special Features:
- JuanchoDined on 5/30/2014Great food and service. Always a pleasure to dine here. Food is fresh and flavors are awesome. Service is impeccable. JohnSpecial Features:
- SusanDined on 5/28/2014We had a lovely little nook in the restaurant which was wonderful or talking. We ate for two and three-quarter hours. The waiters were great. We had one six course tasting dinner and plus one main course for two people. The waiters served brought plates for both of us during the six courses and served the extra main course with the six course meal at the proper time. We had a bottle of red wine from a large wine list. It was my birthday and I was served a delicious desert with a candle compliments of the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2087 reviews are from the Tosca Ristorante reviews archive.
- A very nice placeDRCollDined on 5/24/2014Impeccable Service, Great food, everything you want in a restaurant. The only reason its 4 star instead of 5 was the cost of the meal, we felt it was a bit pricey. That would be the only thing preventing us from naming it as a favorite.Special Features:
- Always GreatCapitanSourceVIPDined on 5/24/2014Been to tosca's many times over many years. Remarkably consistent. Always great food and great service. Feels like we're in Europe. Among the best restaurants in DC. Only complaint is the valet parking. Wasn't there when we showed up for our 5:30 reservation. Don't mean he was parking another car, he wasn't there. Not the first time this has happened and parking in downtown DC isn't easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite Up to ParArthurmanVIPDined on 5/24/2014We've been many times--our favorite Italian restaurant in DC. This visit was mildly disappointing. We did the pre-theater menu. My wife had the Insalata di Radicchio, which was excellent, although she get one stale walnut. I had the Cacio e Pepe, which was quite disappointing. There was no pepper taste whatsoever, and the pasta was way overcooked. We both had the Pappardelle as our main course, even though it's on the appetizer list. Excellent flavor, but, once again, the pasta was not al dente, it was overcooked--inexcusable for a first-class Italian restaurant. For dessert, we both had the Tortino al Cioccolato, which was superb. The warm chocolate center was intensely chocolaty. We had a nice wine--Elena Walch Pinot Grigio.
- gooddiningWashingtondinefromUKDined on 5/23/2014The first encounter with this restaurant is a bit disconcerting - there is no menu posted outside and blinds obscure the interior from the street. Once inside this is a great restaurant. It has an array of tables with crisp white table cloths and the menu provides a good range of food, not just Italian. There is an extensive wine list. Particularly recommended is the cheese board especially if you order the wine recommended with it - delicious. The pricing is quite high but reflects the excellence of the cooking. A great dining experience for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Always ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014This is our third visit, and the food is always exceptional; the service attentive but not not smothering. When back in town, we will be back to as our every yummy morsel.Special Features:
- A gemAlmegVIPDined on 5/22/2014Our anniversary was more special because we dined here. Arrived early. Sat at bar where served not only our drinks but almonds, bread and a salami. Seated in area we requested. Our waitress, Luigia, was outstanding. Every course was so tasty- stuffed zucchini blossoms, veal chop w/Barolo wine sauce, venison w/ mushrooms and pecans. Absolutely loved the carrot pappardelle w/ rabbit ragu. Never rushed, reminiscent of dining in Italy. Offer wines by half bottle, glass, bottle- great selection, good price ranges. Finished meal w/ house specialty- tiramisu. The restaurant complimentary sent it over for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous but priceySienaItalyVIPDined on 5/21/2014The service and the interior of the restaurant is among the best of the best. My risotto was the best I have had outside of Italy, but a very small portion and pricey.Special Features:
- Tosca RestaurantMontanavisitor1789Dined on 5/17/2014This was a real find in Washington DC Superb food, impeccable service, a very diverse menu, great wine. It was everything we had hoped for!Special Features:
- Great for lunchproductivediningDined on 5/16/2014Best place for working lunches. Convenient location, great food, quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca before the theaterYummyInOurTummyDined on 5/15/2014Tosca was a very pleasant mid-priced restaurant for a romantic, graduation dinner. The service was very good with waitstaff understanding basic, proper etiquette; do not interrupt the customer's conversations, do not remove the plates until all guests are through with their meal, etc. My guest and I had grilled fish with vegetables and the veal bolognese with simple salads. They were both nicely and simply prepared and very good.Special Features:
- Tosca DeliversKrubinDined on 5/14/2014You could walk past Tosca's storefront several times without realizing that one of DC's finest Italian restaurants is even there. The service is consistent and outstanding, but what will bring you back is the food quality. They have a pre-Theatre menu that is an outstanding value, but you really cannot go wrong. The food is expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Their parm risotto is outstanding, and on this evening there were two risotto offerings. I went for a the prix-fixe pre-theatre menu and added a pasta course, which was perfect. Highly recommend. Great for either a power lunch or a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Great Italian Fooditaly123Dined on 5/13/2014The highlights of the meal were the Papardelle with a rabbit ragu, the asparagus stuffed deep fried zucchini flowers, and the Gnocchi made with squid ink! The Mille Simato Prosecco was a perfect start and they brought out a tiramisu with a candle for my birthday. So thoughtful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Celebration to RememberPKwinedineVIPDined on 5/12/2014My husband picked out this restaurant for an early birthday celebration and every aspect exceeded expectations. The food was imaginative and delicious, the service was impeccable and friendly, the wine list was superb, and they brought me a surprise birthday tiramisu. It is not inexpensive but is worth every penny. This restaurant rivals some of the best that Italy has to offer and the authenticity is amazing. Try it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/10/2014Three of us had the six course tasting menu and it was fantastic. Two of us had the wine pairings and found tem equally excellent and very well chosen for the cuisine. If I didn't liv in Maine I would be a regular. This was my second time doig te tasting menu and I can't wait to do it again. Our waitor was very knowlegeable about the food and wine--a real pleasure to interact with. Thank you for the suberb dinig.Special Features:
- tennisglDined on 5/10/2014By far the best place we ate while in dc. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Old School RestaurandluvgoodfoodDined on 5/9/2014Loved most of the dishes we had, the wild salmon was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/6/2014Yes, the restaurant is a bit pricey, but the food was delicious, the service was fantastic and we overall had a lovely experience. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and we will be going back.Special Features:
- Simply OUTSTANDING.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/1/2014The owner: Super Cool. The Chef: the BEST! The Staff: They provide the best customer service in town. Soooooo many amazing food choices. You must try an app size pasta, followed with a great entre such as one of their wide selections of simply grilled fish or the New York Strip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbly ConsistantWDC1VIPDined on 5/1/2014Tosca is a standard of consistency and excellence in Washington. The menu offerings and wine list are top notch and the service is always attentive without being intrusive. We have been dining at Tosca for many years and never have we been disappointed. This is the perfect restaurant to celebrate any and all special occasions as well as a any time you are in search of an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!RrconnorDined on 4/30/2014great food, and perfect wine to every serving! Service was great and not to loud.Special Features:
- Excellent pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/30/2014A friend and I met at Tosca for an early dinner prior to an evening event. We chose the three-course prix-fixe menu for $38. All of our selections were excellent, including the carrot soup, branzino main course, and warm chocolate cake dessert. Our waiter was confident in recommending menu choices and wine selections, and we were happy with his recommendations.Special Features:
- Great Before Ford'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2014Fabulous dinner and very friendly staff. Just plain WONDERFUL!Special Features:
- No reservations about Tosca!MandMDined on 4/25/2014This is the only the second time that we have dined at Tosca. We consider that a real mistake on our part -- what a wonderful restaurant. Super food, with a good variety of antipasti, pasta, meats, fish, and great desserts. Very knowledgeble and friendly staff not afraid to make (excellent) recommendations. Great (though somewhat pricey) wine list. No reservations about making reservations at Tosca!Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2014Always spot on. Food + service are consistently excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Out for Life @ ToscaToscaDined on 4/24/2014This Italian establishment is a great choice for splurging. The staff is knowledgeable and courteous, the food is remarkable. The wine list is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRegularVIPDined on 4/12/2014When we got to Tosca we did not see the valet service because they were up aginst wall on their Iphones--we stopped no one came, so we parked int he public garage which was a nightmare. The food was very good, but the service was slow getting started and at the end. They placed a large table next to us so when it came time to leave we were trapped and could not get out wihtout the waiter making enough room we could squeeze by being flat against the wall. Tosca could be a great place if someone cared, but with other great Italian places--pass on this oneSpecial Features:
- Love Italian, found on Open TableRossDined on 4/11/2014This place is worth your time. The food was atypical but delicious. I really like an Italian White wine, Falanghina......and this place had a selection of two.....the first time I've ever had a selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions for dietersMeneDined on 4/11/2014The food was very good, however the pasta and rice portions were minuscule. A $32 risotto dish was barely half a soup ladle. It was simply ridiculous. Our neighbors had other plates and their sizes were appropriate for the pricing. With all the awesome italian restaurants in the DC area, I would skip this one unless I was not hungry.