Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
2506 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jacksonfillmoresf.com/
- Phone: 4153465288
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jack Krietzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria is a local favorite for a relaxed, neighborhood meal. Jack has been cooking up great Roman and Southern Italian food at Jackson Fillmore since 1985. We have a small, intimate dining room with a dining counter for those who drop by. Our wine list is primarily Italian, representing all of the great regions in Italy. Our Tortellini al Forno and Tiramisu are legendary. We have a sister restaurant in Marin County, Cucina Restaurant & Wine Bar in San Anselmo. Check out our website to view samples of the menu and wine list, or for more information about us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (13)hot spot (13)romantic (10)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/29/2013Last Wednesday evening the food was disappointing because the ravioli were very heavy and tasteless, the carbonara was just not up to par as it used to be. Maybe it was just an off night because our previous experience was good.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2013I was not impressed by our dining experience at all. It was very noisy and the service was really weak. The waiter was nice and he was obviously slammed, but when going out to dinner, I want to feel like the waiter is happy to have us and not anxious to move to his next table. We opted to leave rather than consider dessert simply because of the time it was taking the waiter to get to us. As far as the food, it was very heavy and had a lot of sauce. Maybe we simply ordered the wrong things. I would not go out of my way to return to this restaurant.
- Still Great!sftswVIPDined on 5/19/2013Jackson Fillmore is still a wonderful place to dine. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is fantastic--especially if you like NY style Italian food. Upscale comfort food, and some adventurous items too. We are always happy when we share a meal at Jackson Fillmore. It's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very crowded, very noisy,HatenoisyVIPDined on 5/10/2013very crowded, very noisy, but really good food and service. Would not go there with more than 6. Gayle BlumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013I love this restaurant and plan to be a regular now that we are moving into the neighborhood. The only reason that I did not give it five stars across the board is because Saturday nights are a little wild. Even with a reservation there was a wait, and it is really loud! But, the food is still worth it, and the last time I was there on a Thursday, I could not have asked for a better experience! Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By far one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/14/2013By far one of my favorite spots. An absolute home run local restaurant that is the definition of "Neighborhood Gem." The staff is super friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Great restaurant, excellent food and be sure to save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Always really good ItalianLiveToEatVIPDined on 3/29/2013Always really good Italian food, always dependable. We come often and have recommended this restaurant to many friends.Special Features:
- We were scheduled to see aOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2013We were scheduled to see a couple of shows and this was nearby. I had the shrimp baked with bread crumbs and ended up with a bad stomach.
- I've enjoyed eating thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2013I've enjoyed eating there for the past twenty five years and hope to continue for as long as possible....thanks
- Restaurant was very busy andwmoakleafDined on 2/27/2013Restaurant was very busy and loud. It is a victim of its own success. It took an hour to serve food from the kitchen. The good news is that the dinners were very good.Special Features:
- Indeed a neighbohood gemGreatVIPDined on 2/15/2013Despite the always present line of folks outside on the sidewalk, our waits here for our reservation are generally brief, and we enjoy taking our place at the counter instead of sitting elbow to elbow at their tiny tables. That aside, the food and service are terrific. We always overdo the appetizers ordering because they are just so good-- the calamari and garlic sauces is to die for. The entrees are uniformly outstanding , tasty and very reasonably priced. I had the orchiette d'elephante-- thinly crusted chicken filets and my wife had a veal dish that was also terrific.Special Features:
- San Francisco GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/10/2013Jackson Fillmore is a San Francisco gem and not to be missed. If you haven't been make sure to try the baked prosciutto and Parmesan artichoke and the tortellinis and of course save room for warm sabagnon for dessert. I love this place!Special Features:
- Great place. Always a winner.2kgougherVIPDined on 2/8/2013Great place. Always a winner. The mushroom/prosciutto tortellini is a must.Special Features:
- Pac Heights gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Always a gem when traveling to San Francisco. Will definetly come back when in the city.Special Features:
- I haven't been to JF for overCathyVIPDined on 1/26/2013I haven't been to JF for over 20 years, and so glad to be back. Food was fabulous, I had the insalata rossa (something like that) and it was really great, grilled radicchio and mixed greens, and the insalata verdure, steamed veggies on greens. The texture and temperature contrasts are really wonderful. Also had the mushroom apps, another fine dish. Plan to go back and won't wait 20 years this time.Special Features:
- Great Food, Sadly Poor Serviceadl625Dined on 1/20/2013The baked tortellini dish was a show-stopper, and we are still talking about it. The other dishes were great, but couldn't hold a candle to that tortellini. Our service was sadly not good. Our waiter essentially disregarded us from the moment we said we wouldn't be ordering any wine/drinks. From that moment on, it was as if we were invisible. He didn't tell us about the specials - when we were putting our coats on and getting ready to leave, I turned around and saw them listed on the wall, I felt disappointed because I think I would have ordered some of them! When we stopped him from handing us the check to tell him we wanted dessert, he looked shocked. We felt very ignored and mistreated. Otherwise, the food was awesome.Special Features:
- Italian place in USAOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013Good place found just ocarionaly by someone's review from other restaurant. Fair prices and good Italian food! I'll advice the great chocolate descert after linguini or other pasta!you won't regret.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2013Nothing fancy, which I like, but great food, service and friendly neighborhood atmosphere. The menu says if you don't see your favorite, tell them and they'll cook it. They mean it! Chicken parm isn't on the menu, but they make the best chicken parm I've ever had. Other standout dishes are the contadina misto and the red snapper with a spicy red sauce. I haven't tried everything on the menu, but I have a sense that there isn't a bad item on it. The wait staff, bartenders, manager and cooks all make you feel at home. In fact, you won't be able to tell who the manager is unless you've been there before. He's very knowledgable about the wine list and pairings. Great place, but please don't discover it! :)Special Features:
- Awesome place, our go to dateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013Awesome place, our go to date night joint, great wine and great food always.Special Features:
- Food was excellent! We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2013Food was excellent! We had outstanding service. I highly recommend dining at Jackson Fillmore.Special Features:
- Excellent meal once again.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Excellent meal once again. we had six people in our party and everyone loved the dishes we ordered as well as the desserts. Wait staff prompt, attentive, informative, and friendly. Kelly the hostess is always pleasant and now recognizes us when we come in - which is not that often as we do not live in San Francisco. We will be back. We will recommend to others.Special Features:
- I had heard great things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013I had heard great things about this restaurant, and always wanted to try it. My dish was good, but nothing spectacular, they forgot one order in the kitchen and when it came out it was not what I had expected.There was way too much cream sauce in that dish, and my friend didn't really like it. The Bruschetta were the best I have had in a long time. For the price of the meal I expected something better.
- For two - sit at the bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/30/2012We always request a seat at the bar and are never disappointed. The gnocchi with truffle oil is always delicious! So stick with the pasta dishes and you will be pleased.Special Features:
- Great as usual. Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2012Great as usual. Good food and a nice atmosphere without an ounce of pretension. i wish I could come more often!Special Features:
- Great salads. The best arugulaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/28/2012Great salads. The best arugula salad in the city Great pastas Wonderful wine selections with great help from the waiters Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Wanted to get together withMissvicVIPDined on 12/27/2012Wanted to get together with a good friend and his partner for a holiday dinner and Jackson Fillmore was my first choice. Autumn salad with pomegranate and prosciutto, savory salmon over greens and a fabulous Italian wine made the dinner for me something I couldn't do at home even with teachers instructing me step by step! Great evening - this is a restaurant that is consistently good, great wine recommendations, and they pay attention to the small details that makes me come back.Special Features:
- Way too crowded and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Way too crowded and noisy after 7:00 pm. What started out as extremely pleasant became a disheartening experience. Still, the best place in SF for Italian food, trattoria-style.Special Features:
- We had a great meal and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012We had a great meal and great service on a busy night. Would go back for sureSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012Everyone in our party was happy with what they ordered. Simply tasty.Special Features:
- Classic Italian YumJ9SFDined on 11/29/2012Got the back corner booth for a birthday dinner with friends. Service was super and food was great. Don't miss the zucchini carpaccio app and gnocchi! Not much on ambiance but has great energy.Special Features:
- Awesome service. Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/17/2012Awesome service. Great food on first visit. 3 of 4 dishes ordered on second visit were poor. Insanely loud.
- Jackson Filmore has been onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Jackson Filmore has been on our must go to list for years, since we lived in the neighborhood. This time the food was disapointing. The risotto was not fully cooked, was so hot it seemed to have been microwaved and yet the rice, still very crunchy. The Chicken with lemons, capers, and olives was under cooked and full of small bones- not helpful for my daughter. My chicken with mushrooms and creme was delightful as always, but not so great when the rest of the family didn't really enjoy their meal. Not what we expect from Jackson Filmore.
- The most authentic Italian food!BerkeleyBobDined on 11/14/2012I've been a coming to Jack's place for the better part of 20 years and like good wine Jackson Fillmore simply gets BETTER in time. The most authentic and delicious Italian food you'll find outside of Italy with a terrific menu replete with all sorts of choices.Special Features:
- Entertaining my sister andSFInnycVIPDined on 11/3/2012Entertaining my sister and other out of town guests --- and also carbo- loading for a half marathon--- this tiny trattoria ticked every box... They were fine with us changing our reservation from 730 to 930, were extremely informative and friendly and most of all, served great Italian food... We'll be back!Special Features:
- Haven't been here in yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/17/2012Haven't been here in years so it was with trepidation we went with a group of 4. What a wonderful surprise! It was still excellent after all these years, without the trendy vibe when it first opened. Great neighborhood spot with excellent pasta dishes. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Group was just a bit crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2012Group was just a bit crowded in the table/space provided. Food was great. NIKE groups love coming to your restaurant.
- We love this place! We justOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2012We love this place! We just returned from Italy. The food from Jackson Fillmore was spot on.Special Features:
- Shrimp ala Jack--no flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Shrimp ala Jack--no flavor whatsoever. A bolognese dish (different name) no flavor. Tortellini dish with prosciutto--quite good. Not thrilled with this place. I know it is a local favorite. Homemade biscotti--terrible.
- Attention to details and wellDavidCDined on 9/28/2012Attention to details and well rounded staff adds to the delightful dining options.Special Features: