Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
2506 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jacksonfillmoresf.com/
- Phone: 4153465288
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jack Krietzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria is a local favorite for a relaxed, neighborhood meal. Jack has been cooking up great Roman and Southern Italian food at Jackson Fillmore since 1985. We have a small, intimate dining room with a dining counter for those who drop by. Our wine list is primarily Italian, representing all of the great regions in Italy. Our Tortellini al Forno and Tiramisu are legendary. We have a sister restaurant in Marin County, Cucina Restaurant & Wine Bar in San Anselmo. Check out our website to view samples of the menu and wine list, or for more information about us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Pacific Heights ›
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (17)special occasion (11)romantic (11)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Food was very good and it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008Food was very good and it's fun, but it was so crowded we were constantly pulling ourselves away from other customers. Thanks for asking!Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/6/2008The food was great and the service was good, too. I will be coming back!
- very disappointed. we hadAPFarmDined on 6/3/2008very disappointed. we had been many years before and the food was excellent. this time the salads were totally overdressed and the gnocchi were completely raw. the waiter was super nice but didn't seem to notice that we didn't eat any of our food or wonder why. we felt too bad to say anything though.
- Food was good as usual forOpenTable Diner Since 1999Dined on 5/30/2008Food was good as usual for this neighborhood place, but the service was not. We arrived having made a reservation for two, and the host said that they did not take reservations for two and that they had no table for us. He then left us to ask *him* if we could sit at the bar - even though there was clearly a table for three open. Lamb sugo and gnocchi were great! I'm sorry I won't be able to go back.
- We ordered the most expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2008We ordered the most expensive red wine by the glass. They served it to us in a very small white wine glass. We asked for a red wine glass, the ones we saw lined up behind the bar, and they refused. Not only did they refuse, they had the gaul to say- We reserve those glasses for people who order fine wine that needs to breathe and so we do not have enough for people who order cheap wine. By the time we left, ALL of the red wine glasses were still setting behind the bar, unused. While the food was tasty, it was no more so than many of the other fine restaurants in our hood that do use red wine glasses. I would never go there again, and I would encourage anyone who enjoys a good "glass" or two of red wine with their meal not to either.
- delicious Italian fare includingSouthMeetsWestVIPDined on 5/28/2008delicious Italian fare including Italian wines at very reasonable prices; hadn't been here in years and we're glad we tried itSpecial Features:
- As always, it was a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2008As always, it was a great dining experience! I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- The attitude at the door andKimmieVIPDined on 5/23/2008The attitude at the door and with the waiter made this an easy place not to return to. With four sunny tables upfront and one in the window, the rude host walked us to the rear of the restaurant by the kitchen. We asked to be moved upfront and he could not have been ruder. From there on the service boardered on rude. There is far better Italian food at places like Bacco. Why drive across town to be treated poorly. Someone should tell the host and waiter they are in the hospitality business!
- I love Jackson Fillmore andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2008I love Jackson Fillmore and have been coming here since I moved to San Francisco over 3 years ago. However, as it's gotten more popular, it's been getting more difficult to enjoy my dinners there... lately, I have been seated at tables near the front of the restaurant, and the people who are standing aroiund waiting for tables are practically on top of me while I eat! Also, there is one particular waiter who is very unpleasant. I don't know his name, but he's waited on my party several times and he's always border-line rude. In fact, during my most recent visit, I brought my parents and mother-in-law with me, and they were very upset by his behavior. I was a little embarassed that I had brought them to Jackson Fillmore.
- Kids, babies, adults, allOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2008Kids, babies, adults, all screaming. Small place without room to move. Maitre'd seemed uninterested in the fact that we wanted to dine in his restaurant, as if we weren't good enough as 30-something single women who earn high salaries. Would they prefer all the screaming kids and aging neighborhood couples? Fine. They brought a piece of nice and fresh bruschetta for each of us which was tasty. We ordered a caponata appetizer which was extremely bland and clearly not prepared fresh, since it came so fast, almost before we even ordered it. My friend's pasta was alright, my baked shrimp was much better. Not memorable. People probably go nuts over this place because they are too lazy to go down the Fillmore St. hill for better food.Special Features:
- The eggplant salad was yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2008The eggplant salad was yummy but way over priced. It was a $9 side salad with a bit of roasted eggplant and mozzarella cheese.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem! CloseOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/10/2008Great neighborhood gem! Close tables. Overhead orders, which led me to believe there were a lot of regulars. Saw former Chronical writer and current Examiner Ken Garcia. Staff was open to ordering an item that wasn't on that night's menu. Counter seating available.Special Features:
- We were there as soon as theyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2008We were there as soon as they opened the doors. We walked in and just stood there while the three people who milled around ignored us, cleaerly not ready for business. When I suggested that maybe we could just sit down, we received a surly reply. The waiter was also surly until he became apologetic for forgetting something, which he blamed on the kitchen and then brought the wrong thing. Food was decent but not good enough to put up with that kind of treatment.
- Enjoyed eating at JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008Enjoyed eating at Jackson Fillmore for the first time! In fact, it was the first time for my other two friends (one from out of town). We were squeezed sitting around a table for two and later on turned around and saw the same size table with four! The food was delicious; however, my tortellini was a bit rich, but still very tasty. I'd like to go back and try the non-pasta courses. The servers were kind and friendly, but seemed a bit more anxious to get our order vs explaining the dishes. We asked for bread and they said they had some coming, but did not take the time to tell us it was their specialty crostini; or even to ask if we dined there before. Overall, we made a great choice and I was quite pleased it was easy to use OpenTable.Special Features:
- not as good as i remember.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008not as good as i remember. nothing was really outstanding. the music was weird - more appropriate for the cleaning crew.
- Food was excellent, particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2008Food was excellent, particularly the gnocci with crimini mushrooms and truffle oil. Don't forget to try the homemade tiramisu for dessert.Special Features:
- This is a great little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2008This is a great little restaurant with outstanding food. It is a little noisy, but somehow that is part of its charm, as it brings you closer to your dinner companion(s).Special Features:
- This is and always has beenOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/22/2008This is and always has been my favorite Italian restaurant in SF. I used to live a block away and go by myself once a week. Now I live outside of walking distance and still go once monthly or so. It's the most under-rated Italina restaurant in San Francisco. Great food, good wine list and a cool location with solid ambiance. The place is amazing - and is downright affordable compared to the tourist prices you'll find in North Beach for worse food! Jackson Fillmore ROCKS. Cole FeinbergSpecial Features:
- Tables too crowded together...noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2008Tables too crowded together...noise level is deafening....my chicken was overcooked and dry...we were still eating our salads and they just plopped the food down..no room on the table to keep my salad...so I had to hold my plate and eat it... I will NOT go back any time soon...if ever again. Rude service Poor food quality Terrible Seating Beyond NoisySpecial Features:
- This is truly a neighborheadOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/18/2008This is truly a neighborhead gem. The complimentary bruschetta is amazing! The menu is solid and reasonable.Special Features:
- I've dined there several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/16/2008I've dined there several times in the past. Judging by the several dishes at our table, I thought the food level has gone down. I'll give it another chance, hope for a better result.
- An unusually warm eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008An unusually warm evening caused patrons to arrive late and take their time dining. Thus we had to wait about 20-30 minutes for our table. But the hostess was very nice and served us up some wine while we waited. Hands down the best chicken parmesan I have ever had - and it wasn't even on the menu. The wait staff and kitchen were incredible and customized our meal for us. I definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable and casual dining experience with excellent food!Special Features:
- Never-before-seen, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/10/2008Never-before-seen, delicious combinations found in the appetizers! And that's saying something for SF.Special Features:
- Overpriced considering simplicityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2008Overpriced considering simplicity of dishes. Great food, just seemed like it came out to be a few more dollars then it felt worth.Special Features:
- A great institution with aOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/4/2008A great institution with a very loyal following. Wonderful Italian in a cozy venue.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008Excellent food, great service, friendly neighborhood place.Special Features:
- this is one of my favorits.LoriSFVIPDined on 3/19/2008this is one of my favorits. the food is excellent and very rich so i only come every 6 wks to keep healthier eating habit. but when one wants solid good italian, one s/ really make an effort to come.Special Features:
- We were not happy that weClover88VIPDined on 3/15/2008We were not happy that we arrived with a long-standing, confirmed reservation from Open Table, but no table was available and one had to be set up, half in the aisle, half within a few inches of the next table, which had been made up of the table that should have been where our table was set. The good and service were good. We liked that the food was not over-salted.
- Some items were quite goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2008Some items were quite good (tortellini al forno, rigatoni w/ ragu sauce), but some items were horrible (endive salad, crab bruschetta, chicken with portobello mushrooms). Ironically the dishes that were disappointing were some of the very items that our waiter recommended. Stick with basic Italian dishes and you'll be okay. Nothing was spectacular, though. For this type of fair, I prefer Pane e Vino.
- The meal was decent but itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2008The meal was decent but it was evident that they wanted us out because people were waiting for a table. We bought the bottle of wine...we would like to finish it! It ruined a decent meal.
- We live 1 block from JacksonGreengroupDined on 3/13/2008We live 1 block from Jackson Fillmore, but rarely go there, because they aren't very friendly or welcoming. We went on Thursday night because we had some friends in from out of town that have great memories of Jackson Fillmore from the late '80's. I was, pleasently, surprised with our time this past Thursday. However, our group was bound and determined to get our waiter to be friendly. We offered him a glass of wine from the bottle of wine we brought in, and that seemed to do the trick. Still, I don't think customers should feel like the have to "work" to get good service. There are too many other restaurants where good food, good/friendly service, at reasonable prices is the norm. JF could learn something from "Parma" on Steiner...
- Really great food with fastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2008Really great food with fast service. We went for our first anniversary dinner and it was great. The whole meal was fantastic. We'll probably go back before our next anniversary.Special Features:
- We've had several earlierJessVIPDined on 3/9/2008We've had several earlier successful visits and had looked forward to returning for this visit on March 9. Unfortunately, we were so disappointed that we're unlikely to return. We were greeted perfunctorily, and the service remained brusque and perfunctory after that. The food was also undistinguished and a real let-down from what we were expecting.