Bent Fork Grill - Aurora
12191 E. Iliff Avenue
Aurora, CO 80014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bent Fork Grill - Aurora
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bentforkgrill.com/
- Phone: 3033376600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Walchak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our off-site Catering Director, Josh Lear for assistance with your catering needs at 303-337-6600.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Management staff will be happy to assist you in the planning of your private event.
- Private Party Contact: Josh Lear 3033376600x
A word from Bent Fork Grill - Aurora
The Bent Fork Grill is quality, flavor, hospitality, art, architecture, scent, warmth, relaxation, sound, and fun. With our award winning menu of diverse American classics, casual elegance and eclectic wine list, the stage is set for our staff to deliver an experience that will melt away the stress, stimulate the palate, and leave you wanting more. The Bent Fork serves sizable-portions of flavorful dishes prepared from scratch daily and expertly presented, setting it apart from large chain restaurants. Our art and architecture act to enhance your enjoyment. Whether its lunch or dinner, the ambiance, price points, and menu variety provide an environment that allows for weeknight convenience meal or celebration of a special occasion. Guests feel comfortable dining in casual or dressy attire, whether it’s a business lunch, lunch with the girls, a Saturday night date, or a night out with the family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bent Fork Grill - Aurora - Best Restaurants in Aurora ›
Bent Fork Grill - Aurora reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (12)romantic (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Food quality was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014Food quality was very good, but not what I would consider a place for foodies. The wine list needs a lot of attention. Service was attentive, but lacked experience to heighten the customer experience. The decor is in need of updating; however, it was clean and comfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great local restaurantAmaysingDined on 3/5/2014This is a great local restaurant with excellent food. Want to get away from the chain restaurants in the Denver area? This is the place to go....good food, relaxing atmosphere, competent waitstaff. The lobster mac & cheese is GREAT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver Restaurant Week GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014My wife and I recently visited the Bent Fork for Denver Restaurant Week and we were very pleasantly surprised by the food, menu and the service. This was a real find considering how many other amazing choices there are out there. The prices for regular dining are very reasonable again considering all the competition and the food is definitely worth it. We will absolutely be returning for more in the future on a dining night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladies night outjoyceDined on 2/25/2014Had a good time and a wonderful dinner. Only wish it was one appetizer and one dessert per person. The increased price I thought was so we got better quantity and quality. A little disappointing in that respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat Sevice, terrible filet.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2014Our server was great, very friendly and helpful. The food on the other hand was subpar. The filet could barely be cut with a knife and the soup was bland.
- It was during restaurant week,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014It was during restaurant week, but I wish the shrimp dish had had more than four shrimp in it.
- My wife and I went for DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I went for Denver Restaurant Week. They had run out of the vanilla filet, which was the main reason for that being our choice of restaurant, but they made up for it by giving us the ribeye instead. Flavor was good, and the staff was very kind about it. We will likely give it a try again on their regular menu.Special Features:
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014We enjoyed the restaurant week menu while our invited guest choose two items from the menu. All of our dishes were wonderful, I liked the crab appetizer and my husband's favorite was the piggy smores. We intend to go back for lunch soon to sample some more menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had our Valentine's Day dinner here and everything was perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed Valentine'sfeedmefredDined on 2/14/2014I really enjoyed Valentine's Day dining with my girlfriend at the Bent Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodChuckDined on 2/14/2014The facility was dated, but the food and service more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, thisAFLSVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service, this is a neighborhood gem, you won't leave hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a real great placeAokayDined on 2/14/2014It was a real great place to eat at. The music was absolutely soothing, the environment was amazing and the wait staff are always on top of their feet. I'd love to go there again and I'd recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient good serviceteapatDined on 2/3/2014Food was good and service very pleasant. One of the better choices in the area. Will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/11/2014Have been to "the fork" many times. Very good, not great, food. Their current waitstaff is excellent - well informed, cordial and very energetic. Their adult beverages are generous and reasonably priced. A dining experience that offers food quality comparable to Cherry Creek without the ostentation, parking congestion, and overpricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique neighborhood gem!GwenVIPDined on 1/11/2014The special appetizer for the evening was buffalo "chicken" cauliflower! It was fantastic and what a creative great idea from the chef! I dined on the elk mac/cheese and hubby had the meatloaf. Both were great and mine was enough to take home for leftovers the next day. The wine list is always extensive and reasonable. Great place to eat and we will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Gluten Free DiningdiningglutenfreeDined on 1/9/2014We selected Bent Fork Grill in Aurora for our 23rd anniversary dinner with family and friends primarily because, after much online research, we felt that that it gave the most gluten free options for a complete dining experience. The menu listed almost everything as gluten free or gluten free option available, and there was no upcharge for our special needs. A rare find! Since almost all of us require gluten free dining, it was refreshing to have true options, not just going breadless, or defaulting to a crouton-free salad.. We were even able to enjoy dessert if we so desired. Of course what made it truly wonderful, was that everything was so tasty! Even the Balsamic Vinaigrette had a kick, rather than being ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checks across the boardHonestAbeDined on 1/3/2014Four is us had dinner had Bent Fork Grill. We showed up before our reservation and were still seated immediately. The service was wonderful! I ordered to Rocky Mountain Salmon which had a crunchier outside and soft inside. Delishious flavor and you could still taste the fish. Other orders at the table included Buffalo pot roast, Ribeye steak, and a salad with salmon. Everyone enjoyed their meals and cleaned their plates! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistancySharDined on 12/31/2013The Bent Fork is a long-time favorite in our neighborhood, as we can always count on a great meal and excellent service. The staff creates a welcoming environment. and goes out of their way to ensure a wonderful dining experience. I didn't have a burger this visit, but generally do because the meat they use never fails to stimulate the taste buds. The accompanying side of half sweet potato fries/half cold slaw makes for a very satisfying meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this restaurantTjdmema5Dined on 12/27/2013Food was fresh and prepared wonderful. Service was amazing. This is my new go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing - the primeFoodieVIPDined on 12/24/2013Very disappointing - the prime rib was the worst I think I have ever had and this opinion was shared by all at our table that ordered it. This is the first time ever that we have had a bad meal at Bent Fork. The service, however, was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 for xmas eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2013we were seated right away; varied menu; good wine list & prices. service was very good; well paced & the food was hot. didn't go into the bar area, so cannot comment on the "bar scene".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2013I take my bowling team here every year for our holiday lunch...always excellent service and perfect lunch choices...from burgers to salmon BLTs. And the home-made mushroom is "as advertised"...awesome! Many thanks!Special Features:
- Very GoodJAKSDined on 12/6/2013Our server was excellent, all four meals were very good. The lobster Mac and Cheese - Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice - ConvenientthetdmullinsDined on 11/20/2013Not in the best spot, but close to 225 and the Doubletree. Food is fit for a much better surrounding area as it is in a sort of strip mall. But it is worth trying for a nice dinner when you don't want to travel far when in that area.Special Features:
- Don't Plan for LeftoversScottinAuroraVIPDined on 10/25/2013We had an 8pm reservation, and it was a bit quiet by then. But the place has a decent, warm feel, and our waiter was quite adept and attentive. Food is moderately priced, and it was quite tasty. But by most US standards, the portions were a bit on the small side, so we didn;t have our normal doggie bag for tomorrow's lunch. All-in-all not bad, so I think we'll be giving it another whirl in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a reasonablybizdinDined on 10/15/2013Good place for a reasonably priced business dinner. The wait staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Busy Night but Overall GoodNettyDined on 10/12/2013There was a private party taking up a large portion of the space (and servers) on Saturday night - the bartender was quite overwhelmed and service there was slow. Our reservation time was missed by a bit so we went to the bar to have a drink but the hostess was apologetic and nice about it. The thai chili/cheese dip was good, but not having "any bread in the restaurant without butter" for extra crostini's was a bit odd, that dish was WAY rich enough without the butter! Our eventual server was VERY sweet, and our food actually came out quickly after we ordered. Entrees were good and large portions. The pot roast was a bit underseasoned, but worked well w/ the potatoes under it. My husbands pork chops were a bit overcooked but still tasty.
- Never disappointsOmaAlisaDined on 10/3/2013I have been to the Bent Fork 3 times now, and each time has been wonderful. Staff, food, everything! Highly recommend. Oh ... and try the bread pudding - YUM!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindTravelerTLDined on 9/30/2013First time to the area, recommended by a local for good food. Was not disappointed. Service was excellent, nice atmosphere and the food was fabulous....had trout and salmon, both prepared as ordered. Glaze on the salmon was fabulous! Definitely will dine again when in the area and would drive a bit to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Running out of food...LisaDined on 9/29/2013Well, we had been to the Bent Fork in the past with better results. There were four in our party. We arrived at six pm on a Sunday evening. As soon as we sat down, we were informed that they were all out of the specials. Right before our meal was served, we were informed that they were also out of the vegetables, and only had cauliflower left. Really? Why were they running out of food at the beginning of the dinner hour? Kind of disappointing. The rest of the food was good, just surprising and a bit disappointing to have had this experience there.Special Features:
- Average at bestprofoodieDined on 9/28/2013Food was ok, nothing special. The room was loud and cramped and ver plain. Nothing like the pictures.
- Good food, poor serviceJeanneDined on 9/21/2013The food was good, other than one of the sandwiches ordered came on the wrong bread based on the menu description. The waiter didn't mention this. The service, however, was extremely slow. We were there on a Saturday night, the place was pretty busy, but not filled to capacity. We had to wait for the hostess, and then wait for everything. Maybe they were short handed that night, but an explanation from the waiter would have gone a long way. We ordered coffee after dinner; the waiter did not come by again to ask if we wanted a refill. We had to wait about 20 minutes to get our check. The waiter was helping other tables, but did not make any eye contact or look to see if we needed anything.
- Not what we were expecting, but....Amyj1024Dined on 9/21/2013My husband and I were a little apprehensive about honouring our reservation once we were seated. The restaurant could certainly use some "deep cleaning". However, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the dishes we ordered. I had the lobster Mac n' cheese and my husband had the spicy sausage penne.......both were healthy servings and full of flavour. While we would not likely return we did enjoy our meals.
- A excellent but differentGRedDined on 9/15/2013Overall, this restaurant is pleasant place for a casual dinning with family or significant others. The food were fairly priced, portioned, and delectable to eat. Only thing I did find to be different was the restaurant seems to be divided. In one side a fine casual eatery and the other a sports bar. But I do recommend this establishment, as it offers are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Bent ForkSusanDined on 9/13/2013We love this quiet little restaurant. The food is always delicious, the service is impeccable, and we are always impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. We are especially appreciative of the fact that we can always carry on a conversation with our fellow diners without having to shout over each other to be heard. This is a lovely little restaurant and one of Aurora's gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful for date nightmtnserenityladyDined on 8/31/2013We met here for our first date. It was a wonderful setting, quiet, no rush by our great server Megan and excellent, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convienent location and good food!GwenVIPDined on 8/31/2013This was our 2nd time dining here and was not disappointed. The menu is varied and the wine options are plentiful. I had the Rocky Mountain trout and my husband had the bison potroast. Both were wonderful and served with the sides so no ala carte. The portions were generous as well as the appetizer. We each had dessert - individually baked pecan pie and creme brulee. Both were fantastic. Parking is easy and the location is close to our church so a nice place to eat after services on Saturday night!Special Features:
- Working LunchSkiDaddyDined on 8/29/2013Our group of managers and directors took a candidate this restaurant for a lunch and "get to know you" session. We were able to easily carry on a conversation and the food was very good. Will definitely return. Very convenient to our worksite.Special Features:
- Service is ImportantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2013We went for our anniversary and it was great. The request I made through open table for some seclusion was honored nicely. We were seated in the back room by ourselves. The waiter and the trainee were very attentive and the food was excellent. The only drawback is the building itself, which is not entirely their fault. There was an attempt to add character to the building as we sat a booth with an enlarged photo of a fifties style car driving down road next to a steam engine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.