Elements On Level One
2300 Dulles Corner Boulevard
Herndon, VA 20171Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Elements On Level One
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dulles.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp
- Phone: 7037936830
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Warschaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering options to groups from 20 to 100 people in the Herndon/Reston area. Please contact our Catering Department at 703-793-6880 and let us make your next event a successful one!
- Private Party Facilities: Elements offers a private dining room adjacent to the restaurant for groups ranging in size from 10-50 people. The room has a fireplace and the ability to provide a wide variety of seating options for your event. We can accommodate private dining for all meal periods. Please contact us for menu options and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Garvey 7037936835
- Entertainment: Only for Special Occasions / Holidays
A word from Elements On Level One
Elements on level one offers contemporary American cuisine using the freshest local ingredients. Our signature dishes include Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Shanendoah Valley Lamb Chops and our Chocolate Mashed Potato Cake. We are an environmentally friendly company and we source many of our ingredients from local farms in the region. Our wine list focuses primarily on American wines and is maintained by our sommelier. Elements Bar and Lounge is a very open, hip and spacious area with comfortable seating. The Bar and Lounge features ten unique signature cocktails along with a large selection of beers, wines, cocktails and a light fare menu. Happy hour specials Monday through Friday from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm. We also offer a private dining room that can accommodate groups from 10 - 50 peopleContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elements On Level One reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Limited menu which actuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/31/2010Limited menu which actually makes the decision much easier so I find no fault with that. Located in the Hyatt,Dulles Airport. Small and fairly divided off as opposed to one big open room (which we also liked) Food was excellent, prices were as expected. Wait staff did not bug us to death. I gave it an 8-9 out of 10.Special Features:
- Huge portions for entrees.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/18/2010Huge portions for entrees. Crabcakes are excellent-- enough to share.Special Features:
- I am very underwhelmed theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2010I am very underwhelmed the food should not have been $30.00 a plate for what was served!
- I like going there for newOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2010I like going there for new employee lunches. Food was very good. Service was attentive and efficient. Atmosphere is classy.Special Features:
- I think once they have finishedLeilaDined on 8/16/2010I think once they have finished renovating it will be much nicer. Although the menu was limited the food overall was pretty good.
- My husband thought his foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2010My husband thought his food was excellent - fish appetizer and entree. I am a vegetarian and was looking forward to the home made pasta that I saw mentioned in reviews. My dish was very disappointing, just a few vegetables thrown on packaged pasta and a big lump of goats cheese on top drowned in a ton of beans.
- Since the Elements on LevelMikeandLoVIPDined on 6/11/2010Since the Elements on Level One is in a hotel (Hyatt at Dulles)we were our expectation were low. The choices were very basic but had a selection of local products. We had the chicken and it was very tasty. It was not dry and had a lot of flavor. This is not a destination location but the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Elements at Level One wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/10/2010Elements at Level One was great- the server was very attentive and friendly and the food was delicious! Surprisingly, it was pretty empty for a Thursday night. I will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Fantastic Mother's Day Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2010Fantastic Mother's Day Brunch. Jazz band was great. Henry was our server and he was very attentive, polite, and provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Pleasant and good service;OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010Pleasant and good service; a very good and impressive array of food, from oysters to chicken and black bean salad; pleasant and relaxed atmosphere that was also posh enough to impress; a very well done event.Special Features:
- Easter brunch was great! PlanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2010Easter brunch was great! Plan on going for Mother's DaySpecial Features:
- It was great for Easter brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010It was great for Easter brunch. They really had alot going on..Bunny,egg hunt, great food and great music. Exactly what I hoped for!!!Special Features:
- Best kept secret in the Dulles/HernOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2010Best kept secret in the Dulles/Herndon area! Never underestimate a hotel restaurant; sometimes they are terrible, but in this case, wonderful! We booked an early birthday dinner, on a Saturday, for a dear friend, and practically had the restaurant to ourselves. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, and the food was really delicious! We ended up staying for 3 hours, and everyone agreed it was a great choice. Give it a try!Special Features:
- Restaurant is situated nextOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010Restaurant is situated next to a hotel lobby. Ambiance was great as lighting was low and tables were spaced well apart from each other. Selection on Valentine's day menu offered good variety. Server was very attentive and friendly. Food was served at an unhurried but steady pace. Best part of the meal was everything leading up to the main course. Main course was not bad but lacked the imagination of it's preceding courses. Overall, great experience.
- Enjoyed our dinner and theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/12/2010Enjoyed our dinner and the service was outstanding. Food was excellent, although I would argue it was slightly overpriced. Normally don't frequent hotel restaurants (except in DC) on a Friday but was very pleasantly surprised. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Good food (especially theOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/13/2010Good food (especially the local choices) well prepared. Nice ambiance (for a hotel). The service was good. Wine list was overpriced (but had a good selection) Overall, the experience wasn't worth the price.
- We were the only ones in theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/4/2009We were the only ones in the restaurant the entire time.
- Went for Thanksgiving dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/26/2009Went for Thanksgiving dinner. They offered a buffet and the food was very good as was the service. I just wish that since they like to use local foods that they would have had local Virginia wines. They also ran out of pumpkin pie which was disappointing but they had other great desserts on the buffet.Special Features:
- My friends and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009My friends and I really enjoyed the Thanksgiving Brunch. The food and service was excellent. We will definitely return to try more dishes. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- The staff was courteous, weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009The staff was courteous, we were seated right away. Our server brought our drinks quickly, and took our empty plates away promptly. She also checked in with us from time to time to see if we needed anything. There was a nice variety of quality food to choose from. A great value all around. Also, the desserts were much better this year than last year.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed the ThanksgiviOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009We very much enjoyed the Thanksgiving buffet at Elements on Level One. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Located off the lobby of the Dulles Hyatt, the decor was very nice and contemporary. We would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Went for a work lunch on aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2009Went for a work lunch on a Friday. Outstanding attentive service. No lunch crowd. I ordered an arnold palmer with lobster bisque & crabcake sandwich. The bisque was creamy, not salty (which happens often), full rich flavor & filling. By the time i finished the bisque & got to the sandwich i was only able to eat 2 bites because i was full however it wasn't dry, fried to almost perfection, & flavorful. The price is a little more expensive than most of the restaurants in Herndon however we expected it as it was a finer dining restaurant. Would def go back & bring more coworkers.Special Features:
- This was really good. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2009This was really good. Food was good and service was good until we went to split a check among our group of 3. They were only able to split in half rather than split 2 plates on one check and one on the other. Besides that we had a good time.Special Features:
- Food & service were exceptionalmorandcVIPDined on 8/27/2009Food & service were exceptional for a hotel restaurant. Crabcakes are fantastic.Special Features:
- Got there 10:20 Friday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2009Got there 10:20 Friday night. Kitchen closes at 10:30 and there was not a patron in the room, which is more part of an open floor plan with the Hyatt lobby and bar than an isolated restaurant. Ambiance was nice but plain. Tortilla soup was well above average and generously portioned. The beef fillet (big) with bleu cheese demi was excellent and cooked perfectly. The crab cakes were the best I've had and very big. The spinach -- not one of my favorites -- was also probably the best I've eaten. It was cooked with diced mango or similar fruit. It still acted on the teeth, but it was worth it. The chocolate mashed potato cake was decent; but I was stuffed, so not as receptive to eating. Service was fine despite the time of arrival.Special Features:
- Huge portions and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/20/2009Huge portions and excellent taste. Waitress was very accommodating. Will definitely return. Am going back to try the brunch.Special Features:
- We had a later reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2009We had a later reservation. Mothers Day Brunch was in the lobby with a live soul/motown band. Quick seating, nice decor- the food was excellent but I had two huge complaints. The live music was so loud that you could hardly talk to the person next to you. Someone turned it down slightly when I asked, but it was still too loud for normal conversation. I was most upset when they started clearing dishes, linens, etc from surrounding tables only 20 minutes after we arrived. I was also handed the check 20 minutes after we arrived. The servers and station attendants then left to go eat their own food while we were still in the middle of brunch. I had to cut my own meat and get my own coffee! For the steep price I was quite disappointed.Special Features:
- Found this as a replacementOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2009Found this as a replacement Mother's Day brunch site. Had all the standards, including a well stocked oyster's on the half-shell table. Very good band. One extra that I hadn't seen in other places was a dedicated play area for kids where the staff put out coloring materials and actually had someone there to interacting with the kids. Easily visible to parents, but unobtrusive. We'll be looking to go back next year.Special Features:
- Regarding noise, I cannotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2009Regarding noise, I cannot answer to this because we are deaf! However, the visual environment was great (not too busy or too dark)! The food was great! Diverse food for us all because: one of us is vegetarian; one loves "steak and potato"; one is a child; one who enjoys "American food"; and "adventurous eater". This place was perfect for us all.Special Features:
- We had excellent service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2009We had excellent service, however, the restaurant was not very busy as there were not too many patrons. The food was good, but not great, and a little pricey.Special Features:
- Good food nicely presented.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2009Good food nicely presented. Great variety of menu choices and excellent service. A cut above typical food served in a hotel located near an airport.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I made reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009My girlfriend and I made reservations for Valentines as we were deprting for a week of vacation. The meal and dining experience was better than any we experienced at our future resort. She mentioned that her meal was one of the best that she has had. The service was terrific and the flowers I had ordered for the occasion were placed before we were seated adding to the ambience. Ultimately a fine dining experience coupled with a very nice hotel stay. terrific.Special Features:
- Great food, timely seating.RoosterDined on 2/14/2009Great food, timely seating. Our wait staff was pleasant but slow and forgetful.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009We went to this restaurant because we didn't make reservations until the last minute for Valentine's day. They were one of the only ones that was available for a nice Valentine's meal. The food was OK -- we liked the salmon. The steak leaved much to be desired -- dry, limited flavor and trust us, we are not big food critics. Oh yeah, they skipped the first course on the four-course meal. It wasn't a terrible experience and given our low expectations it turned out OK. It was certainly nice to go out on Valentine's. With small kids, we rarely can find a babysitter on Valentines and in this case, we got one at the very last minute. So overall we give it two thumbs up if you have a last minute babysitting change.
- This was our second visitTcatDined on 2/14/2009This was our second visit to Elements on Level 1. Our experience this time was as wonderful as the first. The food was excellent and the service was superb.Special Features:
- They were really trying toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009They were really trying to make it special for Valentine's Day. I felt bad for our server as he seemed to be trying to cover too many tables and our service suffered because of it.
- I planned a special Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2009I planned a special Valentine's Day dinner with my fiance at Elements On Level One, in the Hyatt Dulles. While the food was very good, and our surroundings elegant, the service put a serious damper on the entire evening. When you spend $100+ on a special dinner, you expect good food AND good service. The problems started as soon as we were seated. We came for a special Valentine's Day four course meal with prix fixe menu. We were given their regular dinner menu, and we had to ask for the correct menu. We had to wait 10+ minutes for drinks. We both ordered the steak, and neither were cooked as ordered. We got steak knives about 5 minutes after our steak was served. Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal, but when you're spending $100+?Special Features:
- This was terrible. I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2009This was terrible. I would not go back or recommend for anyone else.
- Excellent lobster bisque.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/8/2009Excellent lobster bisque. Creative presentation. Surprisingly good food in a hotel setting. Staff was very pleasant, but lacked training. Still, a pleasant surprise.
- We booked reservations forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008We booked reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. While the food that we did put on our plate was good...they ran out of the shrimp and they ran out of pumpkin pie. We had an early reservation of 5:30 PM. They indicated that they had lots of walk-ins and that is why they were ran out of food. We were disappointed.Special Features: