Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
2 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.artisanalbistro.com/
- Phone: 2127258585x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Dining Room: 11:45 am - 2:45 pm
Wine Bar: 11:45 am - 5:00
BRUNCH: Sunday, 10:30am - 3:45pm
BRUNCH: Saturday 11:00am - 3:45pm
Monday - Wednesday, 5pm - 9:45pm
Thursday - Saturday, 5pm - 10:45 pm
Sunday, 5pm - 8:45 pm
Monday - Wednesday, till 11:00pm
Thursday - Saturday, till midnight
Sunday, till 10:00pm
Monday - Friday, 11:45 am - 11:00pm
Saturday, 11:00 am - 11:00pm
Sunday, 10:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With Artisanal’s Event Planning, Consultation and Catering Services you'll surprise your guests with an Artisanal experience at home, the office or in our very own dining room; food and beverage consultants will help you with menu planning, cheese and pairing selections; catering and staffing. Please call (212)725-8585 or email our Event Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Special Events:
Surprise your guests with an Artisanal experience at home, the office or here on premise; food and beverage consultants will help you with menu planning, cheese and pairing selections; catering & staffing(212)725-8585 Email email@example.com
- Cross Street: 32nd Street between Park and Madison
- Public Transit: 6, N, Q, W, R Trains to 34th Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is possible after 6pm -ALSO- indoor parking is available at Icon Parking 475 Park Avenue South ( 32nd btwn. Park and Lexington Avenues) Tel (212)684-8352
A word from Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
Artisanal Fromagerie, Bistro and Wine Bar showcases the formidable creativity and passion of Chef-Proprietor Terrance Brennan who adds playful twists to classic French bistro dishes. Selecting only premium ingredients, Brennan’s commitment to the use of artisanal, sustainable and organic products is evident in the quality of each dish. Recalling a bustling Parisian bistro, Artisanal’s handsome Art Deco interior offers the sophisticated French specialties one might expect in Paris. As the name implies, Artisanal features a scrumptious selection of 250 hand-crafted cheeses from around the world. In the back of the dining room is the cheese cave, a temperature and humidity controlled room, where a number of the world’s finest artisanally-made cheeses are aged to optimum ripeness and peak flavor. Adjacent to the dining room is the wine bar, which boosts 75 wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Murray Hill ›
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)great for lunch (84)special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (76)notable wine list (71)great for brunch (62)good for groups (56)romantic (52)late-night find (17)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Eaten there many times, alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2008Eaten there many times, always impressed by the food and service.Special Features:
- You have to like and appreciateLuckySuerteDined on 1/14/2008You have to like and appreciate cheese; but, if you do, it's great. Very noisy, however.Special Features:
- The waiter really pushed usOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/14/2008The waiter really pushed us to order - more and more - as though we weren't ordering enough. As a result, we had a lunch that was far too much food for three of us. This was the first time any of us had eaten there, and it was a special occasion (birthday). It was also the last time any of us would eat there. An expensive disappointment.
- One of our most enjoyableFoodlover14Dined on 12/23/2007One of our most enjoyable bistros. We love the cheeses and onions soup. The wines and delicious breads with the cheeses make us feel like we are back in France at the Paris bistros. The escargots are delicious. A favorite is the crispy chicken. Chocolate dessert was our sinful ending to a tasty dinner in a lively, fun, Frenchy setting!Special Features:
- Shocked at the experienceGeorgeVIPDined on 11/2/2007Shocked at the experience based on reviews. Slow, uneven service, cramped space and ok food at best.
- My birthday brunch was great...andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2007My birthday brunch was great...and a special treat!Special Features:
- If you love cheese like IOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2007If you love cheese like I do, you will love Artisinal! Was not a big fan of the fondue, but the cheese boards and overwhelming selections of cheese are delish! Entrees are good, not too pricey 50pp - will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- The restaurant was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2007The restaurant was extremely loud. I could hardly hear those at my own table.
- We went as a group of fourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2007We went as a group of four for fondue and wine. As a French bistro, Artisanal is fun and interactive. The numerous cheeses and wines also make for good conversation.Special Features:
- Fairly prices, but the cheesesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2007Fairly prices, but the cheeses are wonderful, and a sampling of three cheeses and salad makes a nice lunch.Special Features:
- Vibrant atmosphere. Very french.RfortunoDined on 7/23/2007Vibrant atmosphere. Very french. If you can request to be seated in the area where they age the cheeses. Off course order a cheese plate after your meal, let the waiter select each of them.Special Features:
- The fondue was inauthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/3/2007The fondue was inauthentic and not tasty. Very disappointing.
- One of my favorite NYC restaurants!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2007One of my favorite NYC restaurants! If you love cheese (and who doesn't), you will love Artisanal. Give the charcuterie a try. In addition to the cheeses you select, you receive a delectable selection of delicacies to complement the cheese. The entrees at Artisanal are also outstanding. I have loved everything I have tried. They do a perfectly prepared hanger steak with a fabulous demi-glace. I am getting hungary just writing about it! !Special Features:
- Had very high hopes for Artisinal,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2007Had very high hopes for Artisinal, but was a little disappointed. I thought the food was just so-so. I expected a better cheese selection on the menu, but was let down. All in all it was good, but really over priced. I'm sure there is better french cuisine to be had in NYCSpecial Features:
- It's a great place if youOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2007It's a great place if you love cheese fondue. The place is a bit loud, but the food is good.
- This is our favorite frenchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/3/2007This is our favorite french brasserie in the city. The cheese is incredible (speaking as a cheese neophyte).Special Features:
- For cheese lovers , a must.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/2006For cheese lovers , a must. Outstanding service, a truly great experience. a must to visit.Special Features:
- We went for the cheese andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/24/2006We went for the cheese and weren't disappointed! It's very French-bistro feeling, but that's not one of my personal favorites for a dining experience - it lacks warmth. The wait staff was fairly attentive, but nothing special.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurantjanehooDined on 10/27/2006We have been to this restaurant several times while visiting NY. The food is always delicious. You should NEVER go without ordering a cheese flight. Definitely not recommended for a romantic evening as it is a VERY loud restaurant.Special Features:
- Truely a second rate experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2006Truely a second rate experience. Loud with bland food. For cheese lovers? You must be joking.
- Unfortunately I caught salmonellaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2006Unfortunately I caught salmonella from eating here and was hospitalised. I would recommend being careful with the cold cheese and meats and stick to the fondues which are excellent.Special Features:
- Loud and fun. This is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/2/2006Loud and fun. This is a great French style bistro in NYC that really delivers on the food front. It was crowded and a bit noisy but worth it for a great meal.Special Features:
- Eh. Much better, more exciting,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/21/2005Eh. Much better, more exciting, options exist in New York. This is something that you can miss.
- No air conditioning; not aMarlenedcVIPDined on 6/27/2005No air conditioning; not a good place for a hot summer experience.
- always reliable and will alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/5/2005always reliable and will always return - but not always sure why.. Consistent I suppose.Special Features:
- Used to be on of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 1/9/2005Used to be on of my favorite places until I had enough with their snotty welcoming....I always made reservations & dined there many times regardless. July 24th, 2008 (lunch time) I walked in (w/out res) w my husband & another couple. The couple had never dined there b 4 & I was very excited to introduce Artisanal to them. The restaurant was 3/4 empty. They didn't want to seat us stating that it's restaurant week & it will soon b filling up w diners. They didn't say they r fully booked or something close to that....My Q is: what we were "Chopped liver"? If u have no res u don't count? needless to say I had enough. My foot is not going to set step in this establishment & neither my-totally shocked-friends.Special Features:
- The food here is excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2004The food here is excellent, but the ambiance is more casual and suffers a bit by the cavernous layout. My girlfriends are all amused by the cheese menu that sounds like Match.com dating profiles "Rich with a firm finish," "Sweet and mild," etc.Special Features:
- Highly recommend any of theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/18/2004Highly recommend any of the fondue apps and cheese platters. I always enjoy the skate.Special Features: