Maggiano's - Boston
4 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 6175423456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Fazio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 617-426-0540 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Boston
Welcome to Maggiano's Little Italy in Boston, located on Columbus Avenue near the Theater District, Boston Common & Park Plaza. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Freedom Trail & the Boston Tea Party. Parking validation is available Monday-Friday after 5:00pm & on weekends ($8 for up to three hours). Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower or important client meeting. The seasonal patio seating has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Recent visitors include Manny Ramirez, Jon Bon Jovi & Kathleen Turner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Maggiano's - Boston - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Maggiano's - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (226)special occasion (175)kid-friendly (106)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (71)fit for foodies (69)great for lunch (58)notable wine list (46)hot spot (37)great for brunch (17)late-night find (17)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Our first visit was greatRStrongDined on 8/3/2014I can't believe I didn't know about this restaurant...or that it was a chain in major cities around the country. We brought our family (6) for a birthday dinner for our 13 year old daughter. Our expectations were exceeded in ambiance, food, and especially the service. Our waiter (Chris) made it an utterly enjoyable time of laughing and eating. Thank you, Maggiano's...great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Chain Food ~ Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014The service at the bar & the waitstaff were great. We were seated in a nice big comfy booth which was nice.The only hold back for a 5 star review was the food. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't outstanding like many restaurants we've dined at in the N End so I can't give them a 5 but overall it was a good experience. The fried zucchini was a much bigger appetizer than anticipated - it was good.They serve french style bread.The lobster carbonara was OK and the Veal marsala was decent.If you are a "foodie" I don't think this is the place for you. If you have a large group,function,or are in the area and don't have time for say the North End then this will work nicely.The prices were good if you don't want to break the budget.Special Features:
- ExcellentnewyeargirlDined on 8/2/2014The food, service and staff were excellent. So much food and absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paint NiteMemaDined on 7/28/2014Knowledgeable and attentive to gluten free and other allergies. Food was delicious. Waitstaff pleasant and helpful. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaplesraviVIPDined on 7/27/2014They always execute perfectly and today was no different. A little uncomfortable with a guy who was going around trying to sell his gift card and putting the sell on everyone but had nothing to do with the location just made us uncomfortable. Zucchini was perfect, but the Calamari was over fried and not good. Chicken Marsala, and Chicken Francese were absolutely perfect. Missed adding ingredients to the tossed saladSpecial Features:
- Wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great resturant, decent prices and awesome food! Waitress and host were very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodYummyDined on 7/25/2014I just found this restaurant and can't believe it took this long. Terrific food, energetic crowd,fabulous wait staff, notably Marcia, loved her, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicenutDined on 7/25/2014service was very poor it took almost 10 minutes to be noticed and another 10 min for the wine to come but the food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Great place for celebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014When to dinner for my mother's birthday the food and service was great. Put in the comments section for the reservation it we were celebrating my mother's birthday and they brought a cake with candles. Great night over all thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieDined on 7/23/2014Both my boyfriend's and my family met for dinner here for the first time and enjoyed the great family style meals! Not disappointed in anything.Special Features:
- Great timephantomfriendsDined on 7/20/2014Great food, great staff...wonderful expe dry ienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style mealFoodDined on 7/19/2014We ordered the family stile mean light for 4 people tgere was loads of food and it was delicious we took most of it away with us, it is a relaxed environment xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had to push our reservation back and they were very accommodating despite a busy night. We loved the old-world feel of the restaurant, but our kids also felt very comfortable and happy with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattiecakeDined on 7/19/2014great food good place for groups to get together prices very reasonable!!!!Special Features:
- Our family's favorite placeppdd34Dined on 7/19/2014Our whole family loves Maggiano's. Whenever we venture to the "big city" we come here for great food, wonderful atmosphere and fabulous service. We recommend it to everyone going into Boston.Special Features:
- JoiNoelleDined on 7/18/2014Why is it that every time I make a reservation through Open Table I am never eligible for points, this is the 3rd time booking a Boston Restaurant with Open Table and been told I get no points?? Del Frisco's, Morton's and now Maggiano's I think I will call the restaurants directly from now on!!Special Features:
- Our first visit, not our last.ecmmmmDined on 7/15/2014We were in town to see a show and went to Maggiano's for dinner before. We made reservations online beforehand, but we arrived early. We were seated immediately. Our server, Anna, was terrific. Attentive without hovering and very aware. My wife and I toasted her birthday after our drinks arrived. At the end of the meal we were very full amd didn't order dessert. Anna picked up on the toast and brought out some lemon cookies with a candle in one of them and surprised us both. Very well done. We had Bruschetta, chicken marsala, and a shrimp and chicken dish that was fantastic. Food was great. This was the first time we had dined at Maggiano's. It will not be our last. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LL11Dined on 7/13/2014I brought my son here before a show. It was his pick and we were both so happy. Nothing beats fresh pasta. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to enjoy !faragh6Dined on 7/12/2014With a great ambience , you will experience an Italian American style of restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Overall a great experience. My only disappointment was that I could not take my leftovers since we were in a hotel with no fridge. Loves the place and will be back the next time I'm in BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but right quartersJennyf730Dined on 7/12/2014The food is really good. The only complaint I had was that our table was really too small for 4 people. We also did family style and I felt that every person that walked by bumped knot something on our table. Other than that excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBillDined on 7/12/2014Had a fantastic time. Went after a matinee at the Boston Opera House. We were seated in a fantastic corner booth. Great food and outstanding service!!!Special Features:
- Great Italian family diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We chose Maggiano's for the menu choices we found online -- we were not disappointed. The dinner and deserts were great. We found the restaurant to be a great family venue and though we were just the two of us it was a pleasure seeing the family gatherings while we enjoyed some delectable fare. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a great Italian venue. The staff were pleasant to deal with and very professional. Great place for a nice dinner before the evening show at the Boston Opera House.Special Features:
- Perfect meal before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014We made a reservation on Open Table and were seated promptly. It was 90% outside and we were all hot, frustrated, etc after a long day at work. The waitress immediately came over and asked us what we'd like for a beverage. They knew we were in a bit of a rush (we had a 7:30 show to make) and the service was great! We ordered individually as we weren't really hungry! I do think the family style is perfect for a hungry group! We'd go back there in a heartbeat~Special Features:
- Mike CMichaelDined on 7/8/2014Really enjoyed getting together with family it was very niceSpecial Features:
- AwesomeGrimlaserDined on 7/7/2014We had a great time at your restaurant. The food was great the service and the staff were excellent. Will definitely go again thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great homemade italian foodAngieDined on 7/5/2014The app were like grandmas home cooking. The pastas were extensive and delicious. Not overpriced plenty of food to take home. Friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone but the HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was terrific except the hostess who gave us a hard time when we called to say we were running 15 - 30 minutes late.Special Features:
- Predictable and easynmfanDined on 7/5/2014We ate here before the theater, and needed a place that wasn't too expensive and offered choices everyone would like. This met our criteria. The food is not as good as it used to be - crab and shrimp cannelloni were short on seafood and heavy on the cream sauce. However, a seafood pasta dish was brimming with steamers, mussels, shrimp, and lobster in a decent unfussy preparation. My glass of wine was a bit vinegary - better to stick to cocktails and soft drinks here. Service was prompt, friendly, and attentive. Overall I'm in no hurry to go back but I would eat here again.
- ExcellentGoldiegirlDined on 7/5/2014Had reservations for 20 people on a busy Saturday night. Was very happy to see our table ready on time. Wait staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. Not the cheapest place, our bill averaged $50 per person for family style but that included alcohol. Would definitely return and the bruschetta and gnocchi with sausage is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good, not fancyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014I went dressed in khakis and a dress shirt and I was definitely over dressed compared to the other diners. If you can look past a lot of the male customers wearing hats inside, the food is great for the price. Not the best Italian I've ever had, but fresh and high quality. I would definitely eat there again, except for the desserts. I tried the strawberry shortcake and tiramisu. I definitely wouldn't bother with desserts here, it was pretty obvious they don't have a pastry chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a crowdPamRDined on 7/3/2014This is a great spot for a large group. Food is a step up from your average chain restaurant and is reasonably priced for the area. Decent wine list. Great service!Special Features:
- A wonderful birthday mealecreanDined on 7/1/2014I've always had great experiences at Maggiano's in Boston since the first time I went there over 10 years ago. They hooked my family with free lemonade on a hot day, and we've been going back ever since for all sorts of occasions. The food is solid, the portions are heaping, and the service is always outstanding. I went there recently for my birthday and I was happy that the server was cool with my request for no fanfare. Not only did she comp my dessert, but she also brought out some small cookies with candles. It was a wonderful birthday meal where I enjoyed good food and good company.Special Features:
- Wonderful!CapeCodJanieDined on 7/1/2014Wonderful food, wonderful atmosphere, wonderful host, wonderful server, wonderful cocktails, AMAZING desserts... Everything was -you guessed it-WONDERFUL!!Special Features:
- Always memorableValleyeaterDined on 6/29/2014My favorite place pre or post theatre. Had some friends with me who are usually hard to please. They loved it and were raving about their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for family gathering!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014My sisters, parents, and I dined at Maggiano's on a Sunday afternoon and it was great! The food was delicious, especially the Gnocchi with Italian Sausage! And, as first time customers we were given free appetizers. The cocktails and wine were great and the service was outstanding. Our server Christopher completed the experience and everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmiluLuluDined on 6/28/2014I have been going to Maggiano's for almost 9yrs and the food is always fabulous. The service is great and ambience is romantic. You can dine in or carry out the service is always great.Special Features:
- MariasreviewDined on 6/28/2014Love the place,the food and service. Only complaint is baked ziti not close to one prepared in Las Vegas location. - raw pieces of tomato, no basil flavor and little sausage - only disappointment. The rest of the meal was fabulous. Miss the pork dish you used to have on the menu. Staff were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLove2eatDined on 6/28/2014I was excited to go to Marggiano's. We has a group of 13. I was not happy with the family style dining for the price. I feel going to a restaurant with better quality food and ordering off a regular menu (not family style) would have been much better. I will say that the place was very nice and the service was excellent.
- One of the best in BostonMimsicleDined on 6/28/2014If you have a large group (or even a medium sized group), Maggiano's is perfect. It's family style, though they do have a la carte if you have a small party. The food is outstanding and just keeps coming. Save room for Nonna's pound cake. By far the best dessert in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.