Maggiano's - Old Orchard
4999 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Old Orchard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8479339555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Campos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 847-933-0955 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Old Orchard
Welcome to Maggiano's Old Orchard, located in the Old Orchard Shopping Center off Edens Expressway & Golf Road. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Double Tree Hotel & the Edens Plaza Shopping Center. Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your next lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting.Continued
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Old Orchard - Best Restaurants in Skokie ›
Maggiano's - Old Orchard reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (164)special occasion (149)great for lunch (136)neighborhood gem (109)kid-friendly (105)fit for foodies (96)hot spot (35)great for brunch (33)notable wine list (32)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2008The service was great and the food was spectacular. I resally feel like I got away and had an enjoyable time. Thanks! I will recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- I've had many great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2008I've had many great dining experiences at Maggiano's. On this particular visit our server was simply not "up to par". Otherwise, all was great.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008The food was excellent, we went for a special friends 50th birthday, we mentioned it to the waiter and he brought put some lemon cookies with candles, a slice of cake may have presented better.Special Features:
- We were seated promptly andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008We were seated promptly and our server was a pro. One meal was sent back as the meat was tough. No problem. My lobster ravioli sat under the heat lamp too long. The sauce was dried up on it and I also couldn't taste the lobster. Next time I will order the linguine with clam sauce. I would like to see some more grilled seafood options.Special Features:
- Too noisy and too many peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008Too noisy and too many people for the number of bathrooms-difficult to get to bathrooms. Too crowded with service people. Felt very rushed. I won't be going back.
- I ordered the lobster ravioliOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008I ordered the lobster ravioli and for $16.95, with just five raviolis, I felt it was over-priced. It tasted good, but not great (I expected it to be outstanding for that price and amount of food). We also had the spinach salad, and it was not as good as I remembered it to be. The stuffed mushrooms and tarimisu were very good. I was also glad that they didn't seem to mind that we were a few minutes late for our reservation, and they seated us right away.Special Features:
- We had the best server. HeCharVIPDined on 4/5/2008We had the best server. He really made our luncheon. Memorable!
- I was disappointed. We madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008I was disappointed. We made a reservation, we were running late and called to change our time. No problem. However, we arrived on time and had to wait, almost 15 minutes. We sat at our table and waited a very long time for our waiter, very long I mean almost 10 minutes. We ordered immediately and told him we were on a time crunch. we had ordered a bottle of wine and waited again. Arriving at 7:15 and not having anything to drink until 7:45 is disappointing. We needed to be someplace at 9pm and felt very rushed. 7:45 to 8:45 for dinner with a bottle of wine is not enjoyable. 7:15 to 8:45 is adequate. The service from our waiter was mediocre at best. The bus boy in the area was very attentive. The food was good, but again rushed.Special Features:
- FOOD WAS GREAT, SERVICE WASOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008FOOD WAS GREAT, SERVICE WAS GREAT, LOTS OF LEFT OVERS, YOU GET LOTS FOR YOUR MONEYSpecial Features:
- We have been eating here forAndiVIPDined on 4/4/2008We have been eating here for many years. Lately, the service is really lacking. We had to ask for our waitress twice. She was completely unaware of our needs. This is very rare for a Lettuce Entertain Restaurant where service is always number one, or at least it used to be that way. We still enjoy the food and are members of the frequent diners club.
- Maggiano's is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2008Maggiano's is one of our favorite restaurants. This time I brought a guest visting from Colorado who is allergic to fish. The chef came out to discuss the ingredients as a precaution. What a nice touch. Dinner was fabulous, as usual.Special Features:
- Always a great place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2008Always a great place to go and take friends, but difficult to get a reservation. This time we booked on line a week in advance, which was great!Special Features:
- We were seated within 5 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008We were seated within 5 minutes of checking in - food was great - service was great. A wonderful experience - we would definitely go again.Special Features:
- I'm not sure why they botherOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/29/2008I'm not sure why they bother with reservations. My Open Table reservation knocked about 20 minutes off the 45 minute wait for a table. And there's always a wait. But they don't have enough comfortable seats for we who wait.Special Features:
- We won't go back. Didn't getOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008We won't go back. Didn't get seated until 7:00 while we had a 6:30 reservation. Food was mediocre. Our table for four was to small and it was difficult to maneuver our food.I expected a lot more (not quantity, but quality) for the price.
- We have always enjoyed Maggiano'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2008We have always enjoyed Maggiano's as a place to go with our family. The food is great and the service is impeccable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The noise level is perfect for family style dining as it truly adds to the experience. A great place to eat!Special Features:
- I know it was Easter, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008I know it was Easter, and the food was very good, but the service needed some improvement. Waitress wasn't all that good. Took over 20 minutes to get our soda when requested.Special Features:
- when i booked, i noted MOMOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008when i booked, i noted MOM B-DAY! they didn't really do anything special. we ordered dessert, and after we ordered the dessert the waiter brought some cookies with a candle in it. he should have brought a piece of cake before he offered us dessert. but i do have to say that he was so nice, and funny, and took good care of us. but i just wish they maybe would have sung happy birthday to my mom, that would have made it more special. food was excellent, when i took the left overs home it was 2 boxes. lots of food for 16-24 a plate (pasta) overall i always love maggianos. will be back soon with boyfriend for 1yr anniversary :) he liked my leftovers :)Special Features:
- This is our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008This is our favorite restaurant and always have a fabulous meal!Special Features:
- The restaurant was very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008The restaurant was very busy (per usual), so naturally the noise level was high. But, the service was decent and the food was predictably good. We had a memorable time.Special Features:
- Generous portions of greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008Generous portions of great food with friendly service! It can't be beat.Special Features:
- I have 2 children with celiacOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008I have 2 children with celiac disease and the chef came out and spoke with us about what our children would like and what menu items were gluten free- he was very helpful.Special Features:
- OUr server, Janet, was above-and-beOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008OUr server, Janet, was above-and-beyond thoughtful and attentive.Special Features:
- Our party of six thought theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008Our party of six thought the dining experience was just ok. We do a once a year dining at Maggianos with the family, have done so for the past at least seven years, and beginning last year we felt something is lacking. The food is just not quite as good as it was and the service has also declined. Our server thought nothing of just EXPECTING us to pass drink glasses and plates. To just hold out your hand when seving is just unacceptable, plus the unfriendliness was evident. We also think that Maggianos tries to pack in as many tables as possbile to fill the resturant. Maybe they should think of their already paying customers enjoyment instead of trying to fit even more in! I don't know we will return next year or any time.
- Everything was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/18/2008Everything was wonderful. Have been going here for years.Special Features:
- Waitress never gave me backOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/16/2008Waitress never gave me back my credit card. I found out when I was home!!
- The waitress was great, TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2008The waitress was great, The food memorable, a great time was had by all. The music was quiet enough for conversation.Special Features:
- The one thing that this restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2008The one thing that this restuarant offers, is a lot of food. You certainly always have leftovers - even with the 1/2 orders.Special Features:
- Have been to Maggiano's many,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/13/2008Have been to Maggiano's many, many times and always have a great experience. Service and food is always consistent and high quality.Special Features:
- Many guests arrive from theromanoffVIPDined on 3/12/2008Many guests arrive from the parking lot to the east. That route needs to be improved where the landscaped strip adjacent to the driveway has insufficient walkways and has deteriorated so that crossing at that point is hazardous. The valet service is spotty.Special Features:
- Don't fix anything that isn'tromanoffVIPDined on 3/11/2008Don't fix anything that isn't broken. The seafood dishes are especially delicious. The bartenders make excellent cosmos: very cold & with a twist of lime, not lemon.Special Features:
- Maggiano's is a franchiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/2/2008Maggiano's is a franchise but somehow it keeps a neighborhood feel. We go there for family birthdays and special occasions. I love their food but some of the portions are enormous. The doggy back can weigh a bit on the way home. Nonetheless, they make a good cocktail at the bar and the wine list is not bad at all. We always have the calamari, the veal parmesan, ravioli and lasagna are all great. Just don't let anymore than one person order the lasagna becuase you could feed your golf foursome with one order. Go there, you will enjoy it.Special Features: