Maggiano's - Old Orchard
4999 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Old Orchard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8479339555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Campos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 847-933-0955 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Old Orchard
Welcome to Maggiano's Old Orchard, located in the Old Orchard Shopping Center off Edens Expressway & Golf Road. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Double Tree Hotel & the Edens Plaza Shopping Center. Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your next lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting.Continued
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Old Orchard - Best Restaurants in Skokie ›
Maggiano's - Old Orchard reviews from OpenTable diners
335 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (166)special occasion (149)great for lunch (137)neighborhood gem (111)kid-friendly (106)fit for foodies (95)hot spot (34)great for brunch (33)notable wine list (32)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food was delicious as always; however, the portions (especially the large salad) seem to not be as generous as in the past. Our service this visit was horrible. The server was very friendly; however, so so so slow. Upon sitting down, we had to ask for bread and refills on soft drinks three times before getting it. Took forever to take our order and took a long time for the food to come. And the restaurant was not full--there were empty tables. Not typical "Lettuce" service--our experience at "Lettuce" restaurants has been excellent service, so hopefully this was just a bad night for our server.Special Features:
- Be prepared to go brokeWithoutReservationsDined on 7/27/2014Well, the neighborhood is wealthy to the bone so I'll assume you can afford 20 dollar pasta or their 50 dollar steak. However make sure the group you are going with has enough to talk about. Food is so expensive, so that's also a topic one can talk about. But, as soon as the food rolls in, you'll have so much time to talk about how full you are and the unlimited bread. SO MUCH BREAD MAN.Special Features:
- Great Food!!!!EllenDined on 7/26/2014We go there a lot, always great. Love the pasta and the Maggianos salad! Had a GREAT waiter, Michael-loved him!!!Special Features:
- Always GOOD!myfavelogoDined on 7/26/2014Maggiano's is a favorite of mine and friends, The Rig "D" is super and I'm glad that it is enjoying a spot on the Companion Pasta - Take home.Special Features:
- EnjoyablemarcDined on 7/25/2014Food was great. Service was slow at times due to a full house. Otherwise everything was 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmealsVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were a group of 7. Our waiter recommended the family style meal. I was a little leery but acquiesced. And I'm so glad that I did. The food was delicious and we were all able to enjoy the meal immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter NOT on the ballPhysphunVIPDined on 7/25/2014I go to Maggiano's in Old Orchard and most of their wait staff is good. The waiter we had last time was outstanding. The waiter we had this time was definitely not very good. Even after we told him we were trying to make a movie, service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLuvtodineItalianDined on 7/22/2014Have long history with Lettuce...starting with owners dad's deli on west side of Chicago...then purveyor sales rep to several of their stores and then neighborhood diner several times a year when we feel like dining Italian. Always good good service..... And good food. since my wife Became ill, I find that a reservation is advisable, so that she does not have to stand waiting. However they try to accomodate her needsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2014Food was good as usual, but for some reason the salad came after the entres'? Bad timing on the service.
- Good place for couples and familieschicagobearDined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend and I met for our first date here and we returned to celebrate our anniversary. So, this place holds a very special place in our hearts. The food is great and we had a great time. The place is always busy so a reservation is a must especially on weekends. The server was ok but he seemed rushed mostly because of the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my evening here with my boyfriend. The food was amazing! The service was absolutely fantastic! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone, and I will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Great SaladsSaddlebredDined on 7/19/2014Went here for lunch and ordered the salmon salad. It was a very generous light entree with a moist piece of grilled salmon. The staff was very accommodating as I requested no linguine chips in the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- down hillpuppyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Miss the original, year by year this place has turned into a "Chain" restaurant. Prices are too high for the quality. Now I noticed portions are shrinking too. The one entree I do like balsamic salmon was small. Since I had it in group meals before, don't know what size it started out as. Also don't know what kind of salmon it is, which makes me think it's farm raised(not good) It will be a very long time before I go back.
- Maggiano'sMersieDined on 7/18/2014Maggiano's is a restaurant that never gets old. The food is outstanding and always on target. Love it!Special Features:
- bunnies94VIPDined on 7/17/2014It was an enjoyable experience. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningoutisthewaytogoDined on 7/16/2014It was very easy and it was very nice to walk in and get a table right away, with people waiting for a table. Made us feel like a celebrity! The family style meal was amazing, (for 4 or more people). It was an affordable feast!! The waitress was very attentive........ The wine special of the day was delicious. Really a nice meal.Special Features:
- Mjg2Dined on 7/16/2014You can never go wrong by eating at Maggianos! We live very close to this location and have enjoyed it for many years. The pricing is reasonable and the food is always delicious!Special Features:
- MakakiloVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was great as usual and our server Jolene was wonderful!Special Features:
- Wonderful!HarrietDined on 7/13/2014Great food & service. Prices are very reasonable. A very good value.Special Features:
- Always good foodSoniaDined on 7/13/2014If you enjoy good Italian good, great bread and tasty sauces this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertaMickeyDined on 7/12/2014My reservation was honored in a timely fashion. Service was quite good, we were not rushed and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good impression my 1st time!HollamanzEatsDined on 7/12/2014I'm big on mixed drinks, so I ordered a Long Island (which every bartender doesn't automatically know how to make) and to my surprise, it was excellent! The appetizer soup my wife ordered was also great! I was sort of skeptical about the menu, but once again my entree was superb! I ordered the shrimp scampi, hands down best scampi I've ever tasted! My wife had been to maggiano's before & tried something new (some shrimp & crab type deal) unfortunately it wasn't what she was expecting, this was the only negative of our dining experience. Otherwise, the food, drinks & ambience was great! We'll definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedflaminkokidDined on 7/12/2014Now I remember why we haven't been to Maggiano's for a couple years. Because the food is TERRIBLE. I thought we'd give it another try because we had a lettuce scratch off but we didn't realize we couldn't use it on saturday. Manager was unapologetic. No exceptions. They are still putting little pieces of what tastes like cardboard in the salad. Except now they're saying it's prociutto instead of bacon. What a disapointment.
- Not the best.AlexDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was very crowded and noisy. Our waiter didn't check up on us through out our time there. I had such big hype on this restaurant for my birthday dinner only to be sadly disappointed. Overall, would not recommend for anything special, only casual lunches I suppose.Special Features:
- nice night outAnneVIPDined on 7/12/2014We were able to make a quick reservation here for a Saturday night. Lilli was our server and she was outstanding. We needed a break from a very hectic place and we needed somewhere close by. We were satisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- Good foodMel1040Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is great ,the food was really good , my family love it. The service was great too the waiter was in top of thinks and I like that. This is a place for the whole family is kid friendly , have kids menu , nice wine list and desert menu . I would recommend this restaurant is a great place for every occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack & friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Our server was fantastic - Pete (Peter) made sure we had the best wine to go with our meal and the staff was considerate with filling water, refilling bread and clearing table without interrupting conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodShopperVIPDined on 7/9/2014Something is in the sauce that has a funny taste. Did not enjoy the eggplant, which we sent back, or the spaghetti in marinara. Do not remember your sauce tasting like this and thought there must have been a change in the ingredients. If so, please go back to the old recipe.
- refillsjinkxDined on 7/8/2014I.just wish that the servers were quick at hand to do refills by asking .what we run out of. we ordered the family style,we have to request for refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menue has changed for betterroadcoachDined on 7/6/2014Service was excellent up to the end when it faltered. We were over charged and bringing it to the waiters attention took 5 minutes to fix. In addition, the take-home meal did not include the meatball, and had to specifically request it. The kitchen took another 10 minutes to come up with one. It seemed clear that its omission was not an oversight -- they had just run out of them and were not going to mention it.Special Features:
- Always Enjoyable!ForeverSlimmerDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I dine here periodically and every time we have an enjoyable experience. We definitely recommend it, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Slow serviceChilemonVIPDined on 7/4/2014Was not busy. Seemed to affect service as food was slow to be served. Forgot about our wine. Not t,heir best nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy as usual.ChiGolfDined on 7/3/2014Maggiano's never disappoints, we had another great night here, and had our waitress from last visit, Megan- who remembered us and was friendly and attentive again. Love the wine list here, and the lobster carbonara is fantastic. This isn't exactly a dress-up crowd (compared to the downtown Chicago Maggiano's) probably due to the location at the mall, but the noise level was not bothersome, and we had a nice night overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodCustomerDined on 7/1/2014Maggianos is good, steady and predictable. Gluten Free options, delicious salmon, okay wines. Have always enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinneririshitalianDined on 6/29/2014We had a pleasant evening at Maggiano's. The food was good. Wish the classic pasta list still had their pasta without sauce, like a primivera. No one came to refill our water. In the past they have done this. We had an 8:30 reservation and were actually able to get a little before that. We appreciated the $10.00 coupon we received on line for our Anniversary Dinner. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Seated late, service was slow and food was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Make A Wish dinner deal was great.FdluvrDined on 6/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner this evening. Jason our waiter was extremely attentive, knowledgeable and engaging. The four of us (each couple) ordered the Make a Wish dinner for 2. Tons of amazing food and 2 pasta entrees to take home for a very reasonable price. In addition Maggiano's was donating a portion of the sale to the Make A Wish Foundation. Everyone from the hostess to the Manager who looked up our gift card remainder to the waiter were a pleasure to be with. Can't wait to return soon.Special Features:
- Mikefoodie680Dined on 6/28/2014Portions are huge, you can always leave with a doggie-bag. The place is noisy with lots of energy and very crowded but was apparently well- managed. We were seated at the exact time of our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchseafoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014Table was good, waiter great, food always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food small portionsBlondieDined on 6/27/2014I have always dined at Magianos but when we went and ordered the usual fettuccine Alfredo the portion was half the size! But the price is still the same. They say if you order a classic pasta, they give you one to take home free. Well it's not free because they only give you half and then give you the other half to take home. Which keep in mind is not fresh it has been made prior and is refrigeratored. The chicken Marsala had awesome taste. But again for the price the portion should have been larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.