Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle
15500 Six Penny Lane
Newcastle, WA 98059Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.okigolf.com/Courses/NewCastle/Pages/Calcuttagrill.aspx
- Phone: 4257934646x
- Hours of Operation:
Calcutta Grill: Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday 9:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Wooly Toad: Monday - Thursday; 3pm - 10pm, Friday - Saturday; 11am - 11pm, Sunday; 11am - 10pm; HAPPY HOUR EVERY DAY - Drink Specials: 3pm-7pm, Food Specials 3pm-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jesse Olsen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Golf Club at Newcastle has meeting and event space for groups of 15 to 350. Weddings, corporate meetings and events, team building, rehearsal dinners. Whatever your event is let the professional Catering Sales Managers handle all the details. Call 425-793-2932 for details.
- Entertainment: Live bagpiper during sunset from May-September
- Special Events:
Happy Hour just got better with new food and drink features and expanded hours: Monday - Sunday 3PM - 7PM
A word from Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle
The Calcutta Grill, nestled 900 feet above the Sound, offers a selection of the Pacific Northwest's favorite foods, friendly and attentive service, and the Eastside's best Happy Hour. Enjoy dining on our two breathtaking patios with a menu offering a wide variety of delectable entrees, from a generous cut of prime rib to mouth watering pan-seared sea scallops. Or, if you prefer, cozy up next to the fireplace with your favorite cocktail in our English-style Pub. The Calcutta Grill is the perfect rendezvous for every occasion….or no occasion at all, with a view that is second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle - Best Restaurants in Newcastle ›
Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)great for outdoor dining (86)special occasion (71)great for lunch (49)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (40)great for brunch (38)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerChrisDined on 12/14/2013We returned to Calcutta Grill for our 38th. Very good meal as usual with a new menu. Somewhat noisy due to a party that got louder as they drank more (I'm guessing). The room has a bit of an echo. Excellent service. Worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013Service was excellent and the waitress was very friendly and aware of our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View great food and service awfulmadison1223VIPDined on 11/29/2013The only reason to come here is the view. The food takes forever which is odd considering it arrives either cold or frozen still on the inside. I've brought people here for breakfast and dinner and both are the same. The service is lousy and the food is worse when you finally get it.
- A little disapointingRitaDDined on 11/23/2013The rockfish was overcooked. The service was slow at first. restaurant was not packed so I don't know why. Waiter did not know what to recommend. No cod this time of year. Not enough items on menu at this time.Special Features:
- Best view on the EastsideOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/16/2013Spectacular view and wonderful lodge-y decor. Always nice to be here at sunset. Service was uneven. Had to wait more than five minutes for one out of the seven dinners which came late to the table. Very noisy from a wedding going on the the adjacent event room.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureJeffDined on 11/10/2013We found the Wooly Toad Pub and the Calcutta Grill to be the premier location for dining and social cocktails. Our group of 12 held a formal dinner and everyone loved the elegance, the quality of the cuisine, and the service. +5 Star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rain or shineFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/27/2013The Club is always a good place for a relaxing lunch or dinner. The dntree salads and prime rib dips are great. Omlets are satisfying too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BrunchCelebrateDined on 10/27/2013I love this place for special occasions because it is so special itself! The view of the golf course is amazing. The Seattle and Bellevue skylines where in spotlights from the sun. The brunch menu included all my favorites, but I joined a friend in ordering the Coal Creek omelet with generous amounts of black forest ham, bell peppers, green onions and cheese. Another friend enjoyed the Seafood Cobb Salad with shrimp, Dungeness crab and poached prawns. We were all very impressed with our meals. Our waitress was so fun, we asked her to join us, but she continued to take good care of us, even taking keepsake pictures. The class of the country club, food, view, and wait staff made for a very special birthday brunch with great friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, dinner nor so..HozelovrDined on 10/23/2013Perfect fall evening. Unbelievable view. The restaurant unusually quiet for such a nice night. The crabcakes were small and bland. Probably the worst I've ever had. Nothing like a Caesar salad on a warm plate fresh out of the dishwasher. The roast beef was very good, but that was the extent of the evening. I'll go back, but I won't be going back for the food.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view or theMisty610Dined on 10/11/2013Can't beat the view or the ambiance. Staff is courteous and prompt, but not invasive. Great place to eat on the patio and look at Seattle lights or inside where it is dark and romantic. There are few to no healthy food options and entrees and soups were salty and greasy/oily. Presentation was good and prices moderate. I plan to go back and try the happy hour menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemRitaDDined on 9/26/2013We love this place. It's especially nice when you can sit outside and enjoy the view. The golf course is beautiful and kept in great shape. The food is good and the servers are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL PLACESOCCERDined on 9/26/2013I BROUGHT SOME FRIENDS FROM MICHIGAN UP TO SEE THE VIEW AND HAVE A VERY GOOD DINNER. THEY WERE VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SETTING AND THE FOOD. IN FACT SINCE THEY ARE GOING TO BE HERE A FEW MORE DAYS THEY WILL TRY TO GET BACK. I HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. ONE COMMENT I WILL MAKE THOUGH IS THAT SINCE IT IS A SPECIAL PLACE WHY DON'T YOU OFFER PRIME STEAKS AS YOU DO WITH PRIME RIBS. IT JUST SEEMS BECAUSE OF THE AMBIENCE OF THE PLACE YOU SHOULD GO THAT WAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived for lunch and hadPaulDined on 9/17/2013We arrived for lunch and had reservations. The Hostess with a british accent was talking to a couple of ladies for what seemed to be several minues without acknowleging our presence. She then seated that group without acknowleging our presence. After probably 6-7 minutes she came back and spoke to and seated us. Otherwise the food, wait service and ambiance were very good.Special Features:
- View is always great!KelliKDined on 9/10/2013Calcutta Grille is always a great bet for a wonderful view, beautiful atmosphere, and good service. I just wish the food lived up to our expectations. The food is always just average, never living up to the atmosphere. If Oki could get the food right, they'd have truly a wonderful gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2013The food was wonderful, the setting spectacular and service fantastic. We were there for our 35th anniversary and had a great time. Our server was delightful, attentive and yet not obtrusivewe were treated to a marvelous dessert of raspberry pomegranate sorbet in celebration of our big day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our window table at sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013Our window table at sunset was wonderful and impressed our guests. Dinners delicious - thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guests awedFancybeeVIPDined on 9/1/2013We took first time visitors to the area to one of our 'go to' places for such an occasion. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and our server was attentive. The view was what we had hoped for--clear skies and views of Seattle and Bellevue were gorgeous. We will definitely keep this on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant celebrationFroggyDined on 8/30/2013We took our neighbor for a birthday celebration lunch. Fortunately, the weather was beautiful so we were able to eat outside. The menu was varied enough to have a choice for everyone, the service was friendly and competent, and the view made a fabulous background to our conversation. We have dined there many times, and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Memorable view, not the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2013Every time I dined here it always seems like the food takes forever to arrive and when it does, it does not match the quality of the location. At this location you'd expect the food to better than Anthony's (a local NW seafood chain) and it isn't. I had the fish tacos recently, and they were ok but not memorable. They were a little bit dry, and a bit bland. Perhaps more sauce or salsa would have helped. I have had other meals (salmon), with similar non memorable impressions. Their salmon chowder on the other hand was good. The location and views are hard to beat though.Special Features:
- We ole bagpipes at sunsetWickedAwwwsomeDined on 8/26/2013With good meal to go with it! Selection and service spot on.Special Features:
- Just one thing.......anniversarypairDined on 8/19/2013Our only real complaint was with the prime rib. It was tough. Our waiter warned us about this when we asked for his recommendations, but my husband chose the prime rib anyway. I had steak and it was just fine. Everything else was lovely. Spendy but lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Calcutta GrillOnesnohsDined on 8/18/2013We had made reservations for a window table, which we got. However, there were A/C outlets blowing on us from above, so we retreated to a booth. The 2 of us split a small Caesar's Salad; very good, not heavy on the dressing. She had Salmon; I had Halibut--both nice and moist. Service was very attentive, almost too much so at times. Ordered coffee for dessert, which was strong to our taste and, unfortunately, was served lukewarm. She later made a comment about it and was brought a hot cup of same. I usually drink most of mine at room temp so it didn't bother me. Still, It seemed strange that I wasn't even asked if mine was OK. We split a berry tart with ice cream on it. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need I say more?chrisDined on 8/18/201345 min wait for my reservation. Obviously overbooked. Can't manage Open TableSpecial Features:
- Getting WorseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2013Not sure what's happened here. Use to be a great place for weekend brunch buffet until they canceled that. But service and food has taken a noticeable nose dive. I ate breakfast there with some friends and service was so-so. A few things stood out. 1.) the waitress did not write down our order when she asked if we wanted beverages and got it wrong and had to ask again. Not very professional. 2.) the espresso came last after the meal even though it was ordered the same time as other beverages. I checked twice with the waitress on the espresso when we were waiting and here response was not very polite or professional 3.) eggs Benedict were overcooked, the yolk should still be liquid not cooked throughSpecial Features:
- Very busy this day and a bit slowOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2013The food came out hot and all at the same time, so we were very happy since the restaurant was packed. A tournament was going on this day so it was somewhat hectic but they pulled it off just fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience:)SimiDined on 8/12/2013Had an awesome experience as always:) had our family visiting from London and they loved it too! Food , view , service & ambience was excellent. Will come over soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, view. Mediocre service.OiOiDined on 8/9/2013Great views, above average food (for the price) but service is lacking. This is my second time I have had dinner at Calcutta Grill when I have had my server tell me "the bar is backed up". That, and not having your server explain or even attend to the table (bread? how was your meal? can I get you another beverage?) - service continues to be sorely lacking. Such a pity because the food Is actually quite good, and the views/outdoor dinning are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spotFoodloverDined on 8/9/2013We took out of town guests there to enjoy the food and the fabulous view. Neither disappointed! It is one of those restaurants you like to "keep in your back pocket" for special occasions. Summertime is perfect because of the views of the golf course, east channel, Bellevue, Lake Washington, Seattle, Puget Sound, and the Olympics. The bagpipes at sundown are a wonderful touch. Doesn't get much better!Special Features:
- Magical EveningChefDaveDined on 8/6/2013I celebrated my daughter's 17th birthday there. We sat outside at the perfect view table. Truly a memorable evening. The food was very good and the service was excellent. But the the ambience was simply amazing. The view is second to none on the Eastside. The bag piper came from behind the hills as the sun was setting--kind of surreal.. Then the lights of the Seattle, Bellevue and Renton came on. Simply a magical evening--and one my daughter and I will not soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor seatingTeraDined on 8/4/2013The patio is amazing on summer days when the sun is setting. Just breathtaking views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar serviceSpinfitsDined on 7/27/2013Such a lovely setting spoiled by staff which seemed rushed and too busy for the most simple level of service. Salad plates dropped at the table, never an offer for ground pepper. Steak delivered without s steak knife. Seated for ten minutes without service which came only after we asked to be helped. What a mess. At least the view is lovely.Special Features:
- Everything was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2013Food and service were perfect. We had a wonderful evening!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reasonable pricesJoeyLovesToDineDined on 7/24/2013The food is great, and you can't beat the view. I was expecting prices to be much higher, but it's a lot cheaper than most decent Bellevue/Redmond restaurants. Service is great, and this is the place to go for panoramic views of lakes and mountains, not to mention great sunsets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Reunion VenueConnieDined on 7/21/2013Had out of town old friends with me and our brunch was a perfect time to reconnect. They loved the view and the food was wonderful as always. Steve was our waiter; he said he was new but you would never know it, he was an excellent server. We never felt rushed to finish, although we spent two hours at our table. Everything was perfect and the sun even came out just as we went outside to take our group picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Million dollar view!Darci777Dined on 7/19/2013Wonderful place to enjoy just about any meal or occasion. Perfect spot to bring out of town guests or conduct a business lunch. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal on the patio overlooking the golf course at Newcastle and the views of Seattle, Bellevue, the Sound and Olympic Mountains. Our Stuffed Salmon, Pork Ribs and Steak dishes were sublime. And the capper was the bag piper who started at 8 p.m. on the knoll about 50 yards from the restaurant and played for 20 minutes finally walking a path just off the patio. It was a gorgeous sunset and great place to celebrate an anniversary with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was only so so, but theHRExecDined on 7/14/2013Food was only so so, but the service was unacceptable. Did not retain my special reservation request. Waiter didn't know who the dishes were for, didn't bring what I ordered, then billed me for it anyway, was unfamiliar with my drink and then acted like I ordered something "odd". Believe me it is a standard drink. Caprese salad was all beefsteak tomatoes, not heirloom, with a small dollop of mozzarella. My "special" family dinner was the worst experience in a week long vacation. I will go elsewhere next time.
- Awesome Brunch!DineanddashDined on 7/14/2013The view was amazing, the food was fantastic, and the staff were extremely friendly. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calcutta Grill: Bravo!RobbDined on 7/13/2013On a recommendation, I took my mother and a friend here. It was my mother's birthday. We sat out on the patio, with the fantastic view,...and what a view it was! The day was perfect and we could see for miles around. The food was excellent. The waitstaff were very attentive. We couldn't have asked for anything better. We will be sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the prime rib was great asmikeDined on 7/8/2013the prime rib was great as was the view and atmosphere. Only thing that lacked was the service after you were first greeted and served. but would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.