1100 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulio.com/
- Phone: 2066245500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Close;
Saturday -Sunday: 5:00pm - Close;
Bistro Menu available during Bar Service
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Solaio, our upstairs dining room, is a charming and beautifully decorated venue with a wine-cellar motif. At Tulio, we strive to make each event special. There is no room rental fee charged for using Solaio and customized menus, candles for the tables and background music are complimentary. In addition, we are happy to help with floral arrangements, musical groups and any other details to make your event unique.
- Special Events: Tulio offers one of the best Grappa selections in Town! Enjoy Flights of selected Grappas for $20!
Join us for our Grappa Happy Hour in our bar daily from 8pm-10pm. Flights of selected Grappas for $20 with traditional accompaniment.
A word from Tulio
Step through the antique revolving doors of Tulio Ristorante and it's as if you've entered a bustling Italian trattoria in the heart of downtown Seattle. Chef Walter Pisano clearly puts his heart into this longstanding favorite, continuing to impress diners and critics alike. His boldly flavored dishes are both simple and sophisticated, combining rustic Italian preparations with fresh Pacific Northwest ingredients. Add to this our great location in downtown Seattle, our warm, intimate atmosphere and outstanding service and it's easy to understand why Tulio is widely regarded as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tulio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tulio reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)fit for foodies (96)romantic (77)neighborhood gem (66)notable wine list (63)great for lunch (36)good for groups (36)late-night find (16)hot spot (16)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Would have like other thanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008Would have like other than just breakfast items on the lunch menu on a Saturday - some of us are up early and going strong and eat regular lunches.
- Though it comes in the listOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008Though it comes in the list of expensive dining places for me but this is one fine restuarant where you always think after paying the bill that this was money well spentSpecial Features:
- Our waiter and the GM providedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008Our waiter and the GM provided excellent food and absolutely outstanding service- I can't recall the last time I received such attentive service in a restaurant! It was our first visit, but we'll definitely back again and have already recommended Tulio to all of our friends.Special Features:
- It might have been unusual,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008It might have been unusual, but, the place was so noisy that we could not carry on a conversation. I've enjoyed lunch at Tulio's and it was great.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurant'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2008One of the best restaurant's in the city, always a joy to spend time at Tulio's. Excellent menu; excellent selection and quality. Friendly, outgoing service. Don't change a thing!Special Features:
- There was a very loud groupOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008There was a very loud group of customers at a near by table. They were yelling and carrying on including jeering other customers about their loudness. The staff at Tulios did nothing. A couple near us left without eating. My dates meal was too spicy and not edible, we were not asked why she did not eat it. Overall the experience and food for not good. We are from Seattle and have been wanting to try a nice evening out at Tulios but with so many other restaruants to try we will most likely not come back. Scott Dean
- Excellent Italian food. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2008Excellent Italian food. Good portions. Love the old feel to the resaturant (part of a historic hotel in Seattle).Special Features:
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008Food and service were very good, scallops were a tiny bit gritty (not worth mentioning at the time) but otherwise the food was top-notch. I'd go back in a heartbeat and be sure I'd enjoy it.Special Features:
- Due to patrons lingering afterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2008Due to patrons lingering after their meals were completed we had to wait a bit for our table. We were offered complimentary beverages and kept updated as to the status of our table. The service was excellent and the food even better. I'd recommend Tulio's for any occasion. It would be equally enjoyable for a romantic meal or a family celebration.Special Features:
- We had a great time and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008We had a great time and the people at Tulio took very good care of us. Food and ambiance were great--service was satisfactory. Entrees were dragging after we finished the appetizers, but overall we were pleased.Special Features:
- We were there for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2008We were there for a special occason, and they truly made it special. Food was fantastic.Special Features:
- My wife and I had not eatenLesmalchatgrisVIPDined on 4/18/2008My wife and I had not eaten at Tulio's for several years as we have been living in the midwest. The memories of our first meal there almost 16 years ago still prevail. As Walter, chef extraordinaire,greets his guests as they arrive. The veal chop has not changed one bit in all those years. What a treat. Would highly recommened to anyone who wishes a great meal, exceptional wine list and some of the best service tableside. Thanks you Tulio.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous lunch! OurOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2008We had a fabulous lunch! Our server Martin even went down the hill to Sazerac to get a drink for me (twice!)because the Tulio bar was out of Rye! He put a candle in my dessert and made our overall visit great! We were seated right away and well taken care of. The servers were terrific and the food was very good. I particularly enjoyed the Sweet Potato Gnocchi and Chocolate Pudding Cake for dessert. The dungeness crab ravioli was outstanding as well and we noticed that all the salads were HUGE and fresh! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- There were several large groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2008There were several large groups of diners in a relatively small restaurant - made for very loud dining to the point that we almost left. However, once the groups left, the noise level retreated to a bearable level and our meal was wonderful. I would definitely dine here again, the food was excellent, but I would check to see who else was there!Special Features:
- I suggest the Branzino, itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008I suggest the Branzino, it was a great dish. The prices at Tulio are well in line with the food quality, maybe a bit low for the downtown area. The only thing that bothered me about the restaurant was the dusting. All the wine racks on the second floor need a good cleaning, they have obviously been neglected for a while.
- cocktails and appetizers wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008cocktails and appetizers were okay - nothing special. main course was wonderful.
- Very overrated. Food wasDiningduoVIPDined on 4/11/2008Very overrated. Food was average at best. My favorite leather jacket was ruined while it was hanging up on one of their hooks. I had wanted to give it a second chance after being disappointed a few years ago. I was still not happy with this very overrated restaurant. I will never go back.
- The menu had good varietyRainCityLadyDined on 4/11/2008The menu had good variety to accomodate many tastes. Staff is very friendly and efficient. I will be back. It is also likely that my parents who dined with me will be back there as well.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable evening.I triedRickVIPDined on 4/10/2008Very enjoyable evening.I tried the Scallops and Veal Chop. Both were great!Special Features:
- Service was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2008Service was great but the menu needs help! I probably will not be returning.
- The on-line reservation andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2008The on-line reservation and my request for a birthday candle exceeded my expectations. I did not need to remind anyone and the candle came as requested and the birthday girl was soooo surprised because I didn't have any secret conversations or leave the table.Special Features:
- Tulios is always fanatastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2008Tulios is always fanatastic. The service is excellent...not intrusive but always there when you need them. My only complaint is the tables are a little too close together for really intimate dining.Special Features:
- Great food and service- IOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/6/2008Great food and service- I only wish they offered a few more vegetarian selections.Special Features:
- very good food-good prices.littlerabbitVIPDined on 4/6/2008very good food-good prices. good service. Eaten there many times before. Pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Interesting, varied menu blendingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008Interesting, varied menu blending Italian flair with fresh northwest ingredients.Special Features:
- Tulio lived up to the goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008Tulio lived up to the good reviews we had read. We had booked our hotel room through Priceline so were staying at the Hotel Vintage Park for the first time, and dined at Tulio also for the first time. No waiting to get in, and were seated on the upper level where it was quiet and intimate. My husband's steak and my fresh Halibut were perfectly prepared. We were able to bring in our own wine (corkage fee is $20), which we appreciated being able to do. We will definitely stay at the Vintage Park again, and dine at Tulio. It was a special experience.Special Features:
- Management took extra careOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/4/2008Management took extra care to accomodate and acknowledge our theatre reservations. Special attention was paid to our 9 year old niece. Made everyone feel special. Highly recommend. Robyn ErlenbushSpecial Features:
- Thought the pasta was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/2/2008Thought the pasta was fabulous but the salad lacked flavor and looked thrown onto the plate.Special Features:
- Good food, reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/1/2008Good food, reasonable prices for a business dinner.Special Features:
- Dining at Tulio's is a traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/1/2008Dining at Tulio's is a tradition for our 5th Ave Theater group - there are four of us. We prefer a booth - good for conversation. The food is excellent and there is a variety to choose from. We start the evening with a Cosmo - so cannot comment on the wine list. And, we always end with two desserts to share. The staff is friendly, courteous and keeps us on time. I've also dined in the upstairs private room - an excellent location for a special event.Special Features:
- Had a VIP date at 8PM, reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008Had a VIP date at 8PM, reservation was for 8:45 and Maitre'D suggested a nice, quiet seat near the bar and we were delighted with the food and service. A very tiny detail was that the table near the window was extremely wobbly so I leveled it with business cards. My date was very impressed. Very pleased.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008We thoroughly enjoyed our dinnner, from the start with a drink in the bar through an excellent and cozy dinner with friends. The bartender was delightful and made some fun suggestions. Wait staff monitored how we were doing and covered for each other when we needed our bill. Very European atmosphere.Special Features:
- Tulio's is our favourite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2008Tulio's is our favourite restaurant when attending the 5th Avenue, it is obviously a favourite of many people as you have to book well in advance to ensure you that get a table.Special Features:
- Classy without being stuffy;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2008Classy without being stuffy; excellent food and service; one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Plenty of menu choices, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2008Plenty of menu choices, wonderful recommendations from the server. Great service, and European atmosphere. Intimate, and yet homey and not pretentious. Great scallops!It was our first time, and we will come again for sure!Special Features:
- We have been to Tulio manyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2008We have been to Tulio many times. This recent visit was not quite up to the high standard we have come to expect, but any restaurant can have a slightly off night. I stress the word "slightly". Superb restaurant in a great location.Special Features:
- I was disappointed. I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2008I was disappointed. I have dined at Tulio many times and it was not up to it's usual standards. The kitchen was extremely slow and the food was fair. Nothing special.
- We ordered off the specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/27/2008We ordered off the special menu (3 courses for $30)- one chicken and one lamb entree. The portions were ample; however,the quality of the entrees was only so-so. The lamb was a little overcooked and overall neither order was anything special. The service was very good, though, and I will return for their regular menu which we have enjoyed more in our prior visits.Special Features:
- We come back to Tulio's, becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2008We come back to Tulio's, because each time there's something we order that turns out to be world-class.Special Features:
- Always excellent service andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2008Always excellent service and very good food. One of my favorite dining spots.Special Features: