1100 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulio.com/
- Phone: 2066245500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Close;
Saturday -Sunday: 5:00pm - Close;
Bistro Menu available during Bar Service
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Solaio, our upstairs dining room, is a charming and beautifully decorated venue with a wine-cellar motif. At Tulio, we strive to make each event special. There is no room rental fee charged for using Solaio and customized menus, candles for the tables and background music are complimentary. In addition, we are happy to help with floral arrangements, musical groups and any other details to make your event unique.
- Special Events: Tulio offers one of the best Grappa selections in Town! Enjoy Flights of selected Grappas for $20!
Join us for our Grappa Happy Hour in our bar daily from 8pm-10pm. Flights of selected Grappas for $20 with traditional accompaniment.
A word from Tulio
Step through the antique revolving doors of Tulio Ristorante and it's as if you've entered a bustling Italian trattoria in the heart of downtown Seattle. Chef Walter Pisano clearly puts his heart into this longstanding favorite, continuing to impress diners and critics alike. His boldly flavored dishes are both simple and sophisticated, combining rustic Italian preparations with fresh Pacific Northwest ingredients. Add to this our great location in downtown Seattle, our warm, intimate atmosphere and outstanding service and it's easy to understand why Tulio is widely regarded as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tulio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tulio reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (110)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (76)notable wine list (66)good for groups (43)great for lunch (38)hot spot (19)late-night find (18)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Placevecchio49VIPDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful staff and great food. We had a great lunch at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Truly Northern Italian!RandyDined on 9/21/2014Fabulous food in a downtown wood panelled Seattle setting. Would go back again without hesitation. Our waiter was experienced but seems :too busy" and was not as attentive as I would have liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Tremendous food and great friendly service. A decimate must on a return trip to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait stafftoocoolfoodDined on 9/19/2014The wait staff was quick and very professional. I would definitely recommend Tulio's for the quality of its menu and presentation. My girlfriends all loved what they ordered. It's a little noisy for someone expecting a quiet evening, but this is not the place for that. My girlfriends and I wanted to be in a festive venue, and it was definitely that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencefolklorabiDined on 9/19/2014We went there for an anniversary dinner. Great food, great wine and fantastic service. The entire experience was flawless and would definitely go back. The lamb was especially great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeOrsDined on 9/16/2014The helpful and attentive service was punctuated by an absolutely flawless sweet potato gnocchi. My lamb had a bit more connective tissue than I would've liked but it didn't come close to ruining the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerMariaMDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 18th anniversary here after attending a matinee at 5th Avenue Theatre. The table was waiting for us when we arrived, the food and service were outstanding, and the surprise dessert was a special way to end a great day! We have never been disappointed by the food or service at Tulio. Just make sure to make a reservation- tables fill up quickly!Special Features:
- yucky brunchnotsohappycamperDined on 9/13/2014there were five of us having a Saturday brunch in Tuilo. The omelets tasted bland, sausages were clearly burnt and there were no presentation at all on the plate.
- Our family's favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Over the past 18 years, we've dined at many, many wonderful Seattle restaurants when we travel there for business, a sporting event, or to go shopping. Tulio is our all-time favorite. The food is superb, as are the service and ambiance. I can't recommend it highly enough. Tulio just has that "something extra" that we're all looking forward to when we dine out. Can't wait until the next trip!Special Features:
- Tuilio's in SeattleleeshelliedanaDined on 9/11/2014My daughter, grand daughter (15) and I went for dinner before The Chorus Line at the 5th Ave. We had an appetizer, salad, entree (accompanied by a very nice bottle of wine, not too expensive) and then topped it all off with dessert. My grand daughter ordered an "un-ending Shirley Temple. We experienced an array of wonderful tastes, everything was top notch. We also love the convenience of valet parking at a very reasonable. All in all we LOVE Tulios. We look forward to our evening at Tulios every time we go to the 5th Avenue theater.Special Features:
- Dinner Before ShowGr8timeDined on 9/10/2014My friend and I had dinner at Tulio's prior to seeing A Chorus Line. I've only had breakfast here which is delicious but dinner is amazing as well. From the appetizer to the dessert, everything was so incredibly good. The chefs take great pride in preparing the food, presentation and taste. Our server, Juan, was very attentive, helpful in recommendations, friendly and quick service. I would highly recommend this to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the Best!JBandKPDined on 9/7/2014I've been dining at Tulio for probably 15-20 years. The food is always impeccably prepared and flavorful, and the wine list is quite good. This dining experience was to treat some out-of-town special guests to a great night out, and this certainly fit that bill. All eight of us at the table were served nearly simultaneously, and each dinner was superb. Our server, Dave, was attentive but not hovering - very professional. I will continue to patronize Tulio and will take guests there whenever I want to be sure the meal will be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but small portionconanDined on 9/6/2014Thank goodness they gave us a salad by mistake. The ravioli portion was extremely small. Otherwise, nice place.
- Traveler1Dined on 9/5/2014The bartender was engaging and friendly and very informative regarding wine choices and the local siteseeing activities. Loved how comfortable she made us feel while sitting at the bar. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!WilnDenDined on 9/4/2014Tulio was a great experience. The decor is very warm and inviting. Lots of wood trim and upscale glass fixtures. The food was excellent. Chef has some really excellent ideas for food which were prepared perfectly. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable. Great place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- oh so so no .truthbetoldDined on 8/30/2014Having read so many good reviews i was excited to eat here, if only I knew. from the paper menus to the waiter who blew by us several times never noticing we were waiting to order to the obnoxious table of Hip Hop artist who had to be thrown out because they were Wasted and making a scene.I give the Mgr credit for tossing them out unfortunately this only came After I had to get up from my meal and demand somthing be done. our waiter felt so bad he comp our meal Hoping that we would return again. unfortuniatly our ruined birthday evening could not be saved and my memories of this place probebly will never fade. Obnoxious customers are one thing but there are way to many other better choices in seattle to settle for lame inattentive service .Special Features:
- Not impressedagirlcalledjackDined on 8/25/2014Even though the restaurant was not full, it took 10 min for someone to come by, another 10 to be brought water and my entree arrived before my wine, and the entree was undercooked. Will not be going back.
- Reunion DinnerSarahDined on 8/25/2014Four of us converged on Tulio's from far flung parts and spent the night deep in conversation. The wait staff were very understanding of our desire to talk and be off task for ordering. The food was great, especially for a warm Seattle evening. Will return.Special Features:
- Amazing TulioRoccoDined on 8/23/2014Tulio Restaurant in Seattle never disappoints. The staff are so attentive to their clients needs. The kitchen staff always produces amazing plates from appetizers to desserts. My wife and live in Canada but make a yearly stop to this great place!! Lastly, we always sit in James' section and never see a menu - the best part of our evening is being surprised with our next plate of delectables.Special Features:
- Great Friday night DinnerjmrmodeDined on 8/22/2014We went to Tulio for our weekly date night out. We made reservations for 10pm, and were promptly seated. It was pretty loud due to a birthday party next to our booth, but it was ok because i love celebrations! Our waiter was attentive, and made great suggestions from drinks to dessert. We had a wonderful date night out, and can't wait to come back. I really wanted the gnocchi, but was trying to save room for the wonderful pork shank..i would have loved to substitute the gnocchi for the potatoes i had, but that's ok..it was great, and i can't wait to come back. Thank you Tulio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!nstreeVIPDined on 8/21/2014Our second trip to Tulio's when in Seattle- the food is second to none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our Anniversary very specialElleCatDined on 8/19/2014I noted in my open table reservation that my husband and I would be celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived at the restaurant, the host wished us a happy anniversary and led us to a lovely table decorated with 2 long stem red roses. Nate promptly served us celebratory glasses of prosecco and we proceeded to enjoy a lovely meal in a nice atmosphere. The food was delicious and the service made our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make Sure to Get to BrunchFrogdogVIPDined on 8/17/2014This little restaurant is a gem! We went for brunch on Sunday and enjoyed the biscuits and gravy with eggs. This was the BEST sausage gravy I have ever had! Our server recommended the Rustic Bread for my husband and he said that was also very good. The bloody mary's are also quite tasty -- and potent. If I lived in Seattle, I would make this my "go to" restaurant.Special Features:
- Thank you tulio!AmyMDined on 8/15/2014We ate dinner last Friday night to kickoff our college reunion weekend and I cannot say enough fabulous things about the impeccable service by our highly skilled and professional waiter , the incredibly delicious meal and the fun atmosphere! Many many thanks and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at TulipLuv2eatDined on 8/15/2014Everything from food to service to ambiance made this a memorable evening. Even though are waiter, Anthony, was busy it was not reflected in his attention to us. The parking attendant was great. I stayed recently at the Hotel Vintage and am very impressed with all the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch spitWestcoastfoodie4Dined on 8/14/2014Attentive staff, appropriate lunch menu. Excellent for business meetings.Special Features:
- Great lunchTVCdinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014I stopped in for lunch. The hostess seated me at a nice booth for 4, even though I was a party of 1. I ordered the tomato bread soup. It was excellent, fresh and tasty. I also had the romaine Caesar salad. Again, fresh and flavorful. I felt I had plenty to eat and the total bill was $16. Given the atmosphere, service and food quality it was very reasonable.
- Tulio'sDelisMealsDined on 8/13/2014I love eating at Tulio's. The staff is attentive and friendly. The food is fabulous with a changing menu offering new adventures each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EggstasticJacqueDined on 8/11/2014At our table, we enjoyed three different delectable options. The Tulio Benedict and featured omelettes looked great! My frittata was outstanding with the tomato jam and goat cheese! I would highly recommend this brunch! I just recently moved to this neighborhood. It may be my new fave Sunday destination! I have also recently tried the Burrata and Beets with an excellent wine recommendation. I have also enjoyed lunch and dinner for business there and not been disappointed. It is really a gem!Special Features:
- Simply wonderful1specialkDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic fresh food perfectly prepared and nicely presented. One of our best meals ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Service impeccable and very friendly. The good delicious. Crab ravioli was delicate and very savory. The lobster oil over the ravioli very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazy Jerk WaiterBlondie69Dined on 8/8/2014In all fairness we were late by 15 minutes, we did call to let them know. They gave away our reserved table for our 45th anniversary. They then sat us next to a very loud group of 8, we asked to be moved and apparently that made the manager mad as hell, our waiter meantime was a champ! Unfortunately our new waiter was a egotistical jerk. He was obviously ticked. We were moved and no sooner were we moved than the manager set up table right next to our booth for a table for 8, even though there were many other spots to put them. These folks were out having a good time arrived drunk from the Mariners game, good for them not so much us! We have been to Tulio's many times for the food, the service has always been so-so. We will never return.Special Features:
- Two for one...SteveDined on 8/6/2014I really enjoy Tulio. I love the old Vintage Park Hotel as well (attached) and the ambience of the restaurant, a complete two for one deal. The food is fantastic and the service is always good. The bar has a nice friendly feel as well. Go enjoy Tulio. In fact, stay at Vintage Park and walk done for the visit.Special Features:
- good food but noisychoupiCDined on 8/4/2014Food was very good and our server was charming (even if we forgot ro bring the coffes we asked for) but the noise level made it hard to enjoy the conversation. True that there was a party of 10 next to us but probably not recommended for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Late night Sunday night DinnerNewtDined on 8/3/2014Very chatty and friendly staff with some great interaction with every member of our party. Recommendations from the menu were accurate and the lamb was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It got approval from an Italian!WayneVIPDined on 8/1/2014I escort Italians for a living. It is not often that they enjoy an Italian restaurant in America. He liked this one. He had the Branzino without the fruit on top, just plain. I had the Duck and my fiance had the salmon. Everything was good, including the service.Special Features:
- Seattle's BestDougoDined on 7/29/2014Wow wow wow!! Absolutely the best meal and dining experience I have had in a long time. Service was outstanding ( thanks Matthew) from start to finish and every bite was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!VeraKDined on 7/27/2014Great food, exceptional service! We went there before seeing a play at ACT Theatre. Very nice and romantic place. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in SeattlewaitonmeDined on 7/25/2014Tulio made it on the list of recommended restaurants at a recent conference I attended in Seattle. Located convenient to all the downtown hotels this restaurant was a real find. Great food. A variety of pasta dishes, meat and seafood. I had the halibut special which was to die for. My husband enjoyed his Oriechette as well. They have an extensive wine list. I would enthusiastically recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The server James really went above and beyond for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.