1100 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulio.com/
- Phone: 2066245500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Close;
Saturday -Sunday: 5:00pm - Close;
Bistro Menu available during Bar Service
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Solaio, our upstairs dining room, is a charming and beautifully decorated venue with a wine-cellar motif. At Tulio, we strive to make each event special. There is no room rental fee charged for using Solaio and customized menus, candles for the tables and background music are complimentary. In addition, we are happy to help with floral arrangements, musical groups and any other details to make your event unique.
- Special Events: Tulio offers one of the best Grappa selections in Town! Enjoy Flights of selected Grappas for $20!
Join us for our Grappa Happy Hour in our bar daily from 8pm-10pm. Flights of selected Grappas for $20 with traditional accompaniment.
A word from Tulio
Step through the antique revolving doors of Tulio Ristorante and it's as if you've entered a bustling Italian trattoria in the heart of downtown Seattle. Chef Walter Pisano clearly puts his heart into this longstanding favorite, continuing to impress diners and critics alike. His boldly flavored dishes are both simple and sophisticated, combining rustic Italian preparations with fresh Pacific Northwest ingredients. Add to this our great location in downtown Seattle, our warm, intimate atmosphere and outstanding service and it's easy to understand why Tulio is widely regarded as one of the city's best restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tulio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tulio reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)fit for foodies (93)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (59)great for lunch (36)good for groups (32)late-night find (16)hot spot (13)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Dinner at TuliopajolieDined on 7/13/2014Five in our party, four different main courses selected. First courses of beet salad and sweet potato gnocchi were both excellent. All of the main courses, which covered the range from pasta to chicken to halibut, were quite wonderful. Our waiter was friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and also had a good sense of humor, which helped make this occasion special for us. My only concern was a somewhat limited wine by the glass selection and the price of the wine definitely can make the bill go up quickly. I was very pleased with the round table, which I had requested and which was provided for us. This enabled our party to talk together comfortably. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant very highly.Special Features:
- Great find!FoodGirlDined on 7/12/2014Found this restaurant through Open Table. The menu looked great but it exceeded my expectations. Service was warm and attentive and the food was outstanding. The ribeye was delicious and reminded me of many great meals in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceQuentinDined on 7/11/2014The food and service was excellent. They had an extensive and diverse wine list with several domestic and foreign wines to choose from. The food selection was diverse as well, and the freshness and quality was excellent! Our server was both friendly and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulio - fab cured meat platter!BelltownResident2021VIPDined on 7/11/2014Seattle has a handful of top-drawer Italian restaurants serving lunch downtown and in Belltown - Il Fornaio, Tulio, Assagio, and Barolo. These four really have it dialed in. They all have great service, nice wine lists, a good bar, and authentic Italian cuisine of the tastiest order. Choose Tulio for the misti platter, and for the seafood, especially fish, and a better than average wine list.Special Features:
- Great for vegetarians!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014They have a separate veg menu! Very friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!orielhDined on 7/5/2014Tulio was perfect for our needs ... Excellent oatmeal with fresh fruit and yoghurt for one of us, and a very well prepared cooked breakfast for t'other ... very friendly staff, despite the fact that we arrived late and were the last to leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure at TulioEnjoyAllDiningDined on 7/1/2014I have been eating here since 1998 and love the sweet potato gnocchi and the roasted chicken with lemon risotto. While I have had everything on their menu, and everything I have ever had was very good, I keep coming back to the above dishes. The service is always excellent. My dining companion had a quart of milk with her, and the host was great about refrigerating it for us while we ate. Thanks for another great evening, Tulio!Special Features:
- what happened?IMHUNGRYDined on 7/1/2014Haven't been in town for awhile & decided to go to my fave, Tulio, for lunch. I love their risotto & my spouse ordered crab ravioli w/lobster oil. My "risotto" arrived on a plate piled in a cone shape. A. It should never be served on a plate. B. Key word is "piled". Risotto should be creamy with liquid. This was a rice cassarole sculpture. The ravioli were literally swimming in oil and were falling apart. Those arrived in a bowl... A drizzling of oil would have been appropriate. We did ask if we had received the correct order and were assured we had. Hoping this was just a truly off day and that this is not a sign of things to come.
- Birthday DinnerContractorDined on 6/29/2014Dining at Tulio was a special treat. The food was fantastic. The wine was amazing. The service was top notch. I had not been here in a long time, and have realized that that was a mistake. The intimate dinning room and very personalized attentive service makes this an excellent special occasion place to eat. My wife is vegetarian and my son and I eat gluten free. The special menus were extremely generous and quite helpful, along with the fantastic waiter, made for a very pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Salmon special and lamb- generous portions and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Tulio's is a great dinner out. Good menu and good service a big city fine dining outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food.RedcDined on 6/27/2014I believe our waiters name was Jimmy. The man is wonderfull at his job. Great service, and he was very timely with checking in on us. We sat upstairs which is nice with old wood everywhere. The food was excellent all around. I have Celiac's and didn't have any issues with my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeArnieVIPDined on 6/26/2014I thought it was very good. I had the Lamb sirloin which had a good taste, I asked for it medium and it was a bit over cooked. I found the menu limited for my taste, however, I will return for a second visit at some point...a good selection of Scotch, I'm not a hardened wine drinker. The server was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soggy pizzannn1VIPDined on 6/25/2014I ordered the pizza margherita. It was soggy; the cheese, stringy--
- classico...con twistbetterthangoodDined on 6/23/2014Our party of 3 thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Tulio. We shared salads, sweet potato gnocchi, clam linguine ( clams by the bucket), halibut and the star of the evening, crab ravioli. Everything was prepared perfectly, plated beautifully and served with grace. A great evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely accommodating/great foodFannyPriceDined on 6/22/2014Tulios could not have been more accommodating as our group grew from 4 to 8 to 10 in the hours before our 5pm reservation. The food is excellent and met the tastes and preferences of our large party. We're luck we had an early reservation as the remaining tables filled quickly by some very happy customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.MiguelDined on 6/20/2014We were a few minutes late and the reception desk called us to confirm. Very personable. They held our place while we battled traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seattle treasurecinnyDined on 6/20/2014The two of us thoroughly our evening at Tulio. The ambiance, service and food were perfection.Special Features:
- averageendoexpertDined on 6/19/2014this place is average. nothing special Food was OK
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The service could not have been better -- just the right blend of friendliness, promptness, and professionalism. Dessert was exquisite!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal and atmospherePattyBlueDined on 6/15/2014Thw food was excellent (have you tried their pistachio semifreddo?), the service outstanding (the server could describe all the dishes in details and had a great sense of humor). This was a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Solid not SpecialreviewerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Read reviews that Tulio was the best Italian downtown -- hard for any restaurant to live up to. The food was solid but not spectacular -- chicken and risotto was tasty if heavily salted, seared tuna special was light though pretty plain/simple. The linguini with clams appetizer was loaded with clams on the shell but way over spiced -- pepper and chili flake enough to draw coughs from the table. Our server was great -- knew all about the menu (perhaps minus fair warning on the spice level of the pasta), friendly, terrific. Overall a plenty good enough meal and friendly place, right downtown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian foodRockyMountainHighBallDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had an outstanding experience at Tulio last Saturday. Our waiter made an excellent wine recommendation "Castellare Chianti," and both of our meals were some of the best Italian meals we've had, and I lived in Italy for 3 months. The veal chop is absolutely amazing - the best I have ever had by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!birthdaygirlDined on 6/14/2014Loved the food and service! Can't wait to go back to seattle to eat there :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, yet againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Delicious dinner, superb service, memorable evening. We can always count on Tulio!Special Features:
- Deborah1VIPDined on 6/14/2014After reading previous reviews, I expected the food to be exceptional. Not the case; good but not great for the price points.Special Features:
- ConsistentGailDined on 6/14/2014We frequently dine at Tulios prior to attending the theater. I've ordered just about everything on the menu. Good food, good wine, good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!choosychomperDined on 6/13/2014We arrived in the middle of the theater crowd, so it was busy and a little loud. But a half hour later it was quite nice. The service was excellent as was the meal. We would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant and will consider having dinner here when we return to Seattle.Special Features:
- Delicious MenufuzzyhornetDined on 6/13/2014I've never had a dish here that wasn't outstanding. I move around between the linguine, pork shank, lamb, or the special and my wife always gets the spicy orrechiette. Yum.Special Features:
- Tulio's RestaurantSeanDined on 6/8/2014Great service and wonderful food. Shorter menu allows for more quality for the menu items offered. Perfect for small groups, background noise not an issue like so many other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and winekeithDined on 6/7/2014Ive been to Tulio several times. The staff is very friendly!! Ask them to help select a good wine with your order and you will not be sorry. The mussels and the Pino Gris from Willamette valley is such a fantastic combo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinerhappydinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014We had a wonderful retirement luncheon for a co-worker. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable; just as we had experienced during our prior visits to Tulio. The staff went the extra mile to make the occasion as special as our retiring colleague. Tulio is definitely our "go to" place for important and special events. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience at TuliosJimLanDined on 6/5/2014They have never failed me. Our group loved the ambience, the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 16th birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I took my daughter here with a friend for her 16th birthday weekend in Seattle (we live in Portland). The service was outstanding and the food was amazing. They quite good naturedly modified dishes to fit picky teenagers. The girls have been raving about the dessert since and the woman who served us was fantastic. The whole experience made her night special, right down to the curly cue birthday candle on the amazing chocolate pudding cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try TuliosluvtoeatDined on 5/31/2014The menu had many choices; fish, mussels, duck ,lamb, pork, chicken, beef. Our table of 4 tried several items, and all were very good. I would suggest offering more vegetables with the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle's Spot of HeavenluvthatchowDined on 5/30/2014Our meal at TULIOS was a highlight of our Seattle trip. Intimate, warm and inviting and a friendly and helpful waitstaff. We started with sweet potato gnocchi...delicious! My husband ordered the lamb, and declared it the best he has ever eaten. My pasta dish was superb. And dessert.....thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was such a delightful experience that we hope to return for a meal when our ship is in port again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experiencelatigo5406Dined on 5/30/2014The food and service at Tulio is fabulous. The noise level is a little high, but mostly adds to the experience.Special Features:
- Local GemRonRVIPDined on 5/27/2014Tulio's is 3 blocks from my office, so we frequent this restaurant. The food and service are always excellent. In addition, you can park at the hotel and walk through to the restaurant without getting wet!! Tulio's is excellent........give them a try! Dr RSpecial Features:
- mijo205mijo205Dined on 5/26/2014Food was good but not so good for the price. The waiter service was ok but we felt like he was in a hurry to see us leave. It was our first time in Seattle and the place came highly recommended, we were celebrating my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We celebrated our anniversary here. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- The following 1833 reviews are from the Tulio reviews archive.