1665 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ribellebkline.com/
- Phone: 6172322322x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Maslow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Ribelle
Creative cuisine. Professional service. Simple and Beautiful atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Ribelle - Best Restaurants in Brookline ›
Ribelle reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (155)neighborhood gem (122)great for outdoor dining (75)special occasion (68)hot spot (67)notable wine list (52)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (36)great for brunch (34)romantic (32)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- bettyVIPDined on 7/16/2014Lovely wine list, unusual recipes, most delicious, some over-seasoned or too spicy. Excellent use of herbs. The menu os limited to specialties. For example, last time there was no salad fro appetizer and few choices of less exotic food. Yet these are fine cooks. Elizabeth GreenSpecial Features:
- Sit outside if you canNotAFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014The small and large plates were excellent, although a few more more interesting than tasty. Certainly worth dining here, even if not up to the hype. Our friendly waiter was knowledgeable about all of the highly varied ingredients. The only downside: On a weekday night, with the restaurant half-full, the noise level inside was near the jet engine level. We sat outside, despite an occasional drizzle and threatened thunderstorm, so we could hear ourselves think and talk.Special Features:
- Different and Uniquemarlot313Dined on 7/14/2014The food was amazing and very different. Combinations of things you wouldn't normally do. My only complaint was that they didn't have our open table reservation and claimed it didn't exist. When I told them I had an email confirmation AND the restaurant had called to confirm the day before, they dug deeper and found they had marked me as there already. They did not accommodate us very well and tried to seat us at the "communal table". We refused and they said we could wait for the first private table to open up instead (still not happy). So we waited about 15-20 min. They should have given us drinks or a meal for free, but did not. The only saving grace of this experience is that the food, drinks, and waitress were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ER325VIPDined on 7/11/2014Superb food and service. Our server knew both the menu and the interesting wine list and was happy to talk about both. She recommended a terrific wine that we would not have ordered otherwise but very much enjoyed. Great value for both food and wine. Only criticism is that the noise level is unpleasantly high. It really does have a negative impact on an otherwise sublime and sophisticated dining experience. Suggest losing the music altogether and finding a way to deaden some of the other noise bouncing around the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A home run each and every timehaleyrose84Dined on 7/8/2014I've been to ribelle on numerous occasions - for drinks at the bar, brunch, and dinner - and every single time it's a great experience. The hospitality, staff's vast knowledge, ambiance, and food & drink are all exceptional.Special Features:
- Just BananaPancakes,Right? RIIGHT.opinionatedchefDined on 7/6/2014How does Chef/Owner Tim Maslow create these light, airy, major tender pancakes, w/ an intense banana flavor, pancakes that are worth eating? Well. let's just say it's way more complicated than you think. Now for the toppping,dehydrate an olive oil/maple syrup mixture and grind it into a sweet powder, and create unctuous by slathering on sweet butter mixed w/ the dark flavor of cocoa nibs. Now you have an inkling of why I completely stopped talking and had such a bewildered grin on my face as I tucked into my plate on our first brunch at Ribelle. Like some other epiphanies, those pancakes might never have been like that again (but yes they have been!!). So we return, again and again, and there is always something unexpected and amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyablebettyDined on 7/5/2014this restaurant more than met our expect ions. The food was superior throughout the evening. Wait staff worked very hard to have all our needs met. Superior lobster Fra diabolo , steak dishes. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- A truly creative restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was fantastic! So many delicious vibrant flavored. These guys know what they're doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would give it a 10 if I could!mmp21Dined on 6/28/2014We had been trying to get here for a while after being fans of Strip T's in Watertown. It was tough to get a reservation but glad that we took the early bird special at 5:30. Our Waitress (BREE?) was the most knowledgeable person I have ever met regarding wine and food. We did lots of small plates and asked her to recommend wine pairings. She took her time, never made us feel rushed even as the evening got busier. The food was over the top delicious. It was embarrassing that we kept leaving small amounts but asking to take them home because we wanted to share with our son at home. We have already planned multiple reasons why we MUST go back again. The ambiance is funky and cool - the food Fantastic and really interesting winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedmaryhDined on 6/27/2014Ribelle was definitely delicious food, but it was really overpriced. The drinks were tiny and expensive. They don't take reservations for outside. Went to Ribelle for a special occasion (fiance's birthday) and they did not even mention it (although I asked them to when I made the reservation). Ribelle was just fine, but it did not live up to all the hype and there are many more places to get food just as good at more reasonable prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/26/2014Food was good, not spectacular. Waitstaff seemed knowledgeable. Food came out way too quickly. felt rushed. in and out in hour - 2 apps, entree and desert and 3 glasses of wine for 2 people. We were there at 6:30 restaurant mostly empty, could not hear my dining companion across table.
- Just OK.WineDine69VIPDined on 6/26/2014Had high hopes but feel that the food specifically was less than expected.Special Features:
- Ribelle is Amazing!MegLDined on 6/26/2014We grabbed dinner here the other night and had a fantastic time. Excellent food, creative cocktails, spectacular service, all in a swanky setting. We got a couple salads, and a couple entrees. Everything was delicious but I would highly recommend the salads. The Panzanella was so tasty! Also, great cocktail and wine list. Definitely worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfrankDined on 6/25/2014the food was phenomenal. service was good, but there were a few instances in which I was looking around for our server in vain. FOH could use a little more support. server was great at guiding us through the menu. dining room was unbearably loud, and it was only 60% full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding....maeveDined on 6/21/2014We went to Ribelle on a Saturday evening and were seated at an individual table. Our server was incredibly helpful, friendly and patient as we took our time to decide on everything. He made excellent suggestions that did not disappoint. We ordered two smaller plates and two larger (Turnips, Herbs and Greens, Parpardelle, and Halibut). Each course was excellent and inventive. The environment was loud, but we knew that ahead of time and didn't really mind and the wines by glass without the varietals listed is a bit odd. We would definitly go back and try all new dishes.Special Features:
- Innovative menu, glutenfree optionsNEChrisDined on 6/20/2014Love the menu, very innovative and seasonal. They change it up often. Our service was excellent. As I am gluten-free our server checked with the chef and came back with written options for me. I ordered the quail, minus the squid ink breadcrumbs. Wonderful! Only problem, is it came initially with breadcrumbs. Our server had forgotten to tell the kitchen even though she knew I was gluten-free. They gave us a free desert as an apology. All was well. Rosé list was extensive and interesting. Wine list by the glass was strange. Red 1, Red 2, Red 3. What the heck? Anyway, we loved it and will be back mSpecial Features:
- Did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2014Had the 5-course fixed menu. Each course was fantastic. I would have like a bit more guidance on pairing the wine for the courses. For the tasting, the wine should go beyond the "by-the-glass" list. But the food... The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great service at RibelleleustisDined on 6/16/2014The service is truly outstanding at this neighborhood restaurant. Our food was also excellent. The menu is definitely foodie-friendly; virtually every dish had an ingredient we had to Google. So it's not for everyone. I had to ask what the varietals were for the wine, because the menu describes each one without that information. We sat outside (until the sun came around the building and hit us in the face). I would NOT want to dine at one of the communal tables; they have limited "private" tables. Between the great food and the truly attentive service, I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceGeometryGirlDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband to Ribelle for a Father's Day dinner, and we were very pleased. Interesting menu, great food, and excellent service made the experience not only pleasurable but adventurous. We shared two pasta dishes that were both delicious. The salad was also very fresh and excellent. I particularly like that their dishes are designed to share, so you can order a dinner of several tapas-sized dishes or mix in some entrée-sized ones. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoYummyDined on 6/14/2014We weren't impressed. Too much salt in the food. The desserts are amazing though and we liked our waitress- the wine was good. The food seem to be slow coming out. And it seemed overpriced for what we got. Like I said so-so.Special Features:
- Service was superbBrittyLynnDined on 6/14/2014Our waiter really new his wine and dishes. He was great at answering any of our questions and made great recommendations.Special Features:
- Great meal from start to finishBlinedineDined on 6/12/2014I went to dinner with a friend to Ribelle. We were treated by the hostess upon arriving & were seated right away. Our waitress was very friendly & helpful. The food was amazing! They have some unquie items on the menu. From what we ordered they are all delicious & very fresh. I also really liked the sharing option since that way we got to try a few things. It was a great meal. We both left feeling happy & full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backHoodfoodieDined on 6/11/2014Extremely loud. The restaurant was not even full. Could not wait to get out to escape the noise. Perhaps sitting outside would have made a difference. The food would have been good, but very salty. This includes the salad, main course and even desert. I love salt but I had a tough time finishing my food because it was so salty. The drink meny is confusing. It's impossible to figure out what's what. The staff seems poorly chosen and badly trained.
- every bite was outstandingpickyeaterDined on 6/8/2014I have to be honest. I am more used to finding great food in a quiet atmosphere so when we entered Ribelle we were a little taken aback. With the exception of the outdoor dining, you can see the food being prepared from all tables and there was a long table for more communal eating. The menu was so unique it was difficult to choose the dishes despite the knowledgeable waiter. What we found out was that there was NO need for concern as everything we selected was FABULOUS. There were four of us so we shared everything and we all felt the same. If you enjoy eating out and getting dishes you would not prepare at home, this is the place. We talked nonstop about the food during our experience and all the way home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner at RibelleSMKSDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary at Ribelle. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The service was attentive, and each server exhibited a great youthful energy, but never over the top. We decided to try the tasting menu, and it was great. We eat everything but prefer vegetables and fish, and the menu leans very heavily in that direction. Highlights were the oysters, salad with snails, corn pasta with sea beans, halibut and espresso semifreddo. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beacon Street BrooklinenickVIPDined on 6/3/2014The small neon sign makes finding Ribelle the first time challenging, and parking in the neighborhood is not easy. The wait staff is very attentive and their service was very good. The eclectic and original menu was generally delicious, although some in our party found the noodles a little gelatinous and said the olive oil flavor in the olive oil ice cream overcame the flavors of the ice cream itself. Soft shell crab was declared outstanding. Chicken cacciatore doesn't look like the dish served in the North End, but has all the wonderful flavor and texture of its namesake. Dishes are large enough to share and sharing is encouraged. The menu requires some adventure, but the exploration can be worth it.Special Features:
- Fun Prepare for a Food AdventuredinenutDined on 6/2/2014Terrific food, casual and fun. Most definitely for the foodie adventurous and don't be afraid to make spirited conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food exceeded my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2014The food was very creative. The chef combines flavors and textures in ways I hadn't tasted before and they *worked*. I was truly impressed and will go back. The menu was a little pricey, but for the quality of the food I thought it was a good value. You will pay the same for ordinary fine-dining fare. This food was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ballin' out for brunchfoodbabyDined on 5/31/2014Ribelle is pricey but worth it. Excellent service and thoughtful, creative (but not pretentious) dishes make this restaurant a fun and satisfying experience. We had a delicious brunch and will definitely return soon for dinner.Special Features:
- It was 9 o'clock on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014But Ribelle did not bring it with the hospitality - that's for sure. Long waits, No following up with customers or explanations as to why such long waits were occurring. The food is fantastic here though, no denying that, but I'd say it was my worst experience with waiting at a spot of this caliber EVER.Special Features:
- We will be back soon...BLUE22Dined on 5/26/2014A lovely, fun neighborhood place. Excellent food with an interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 best meals of all timeQuinnflintDined on 5/25/2014I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, and I had every reason to expect a lot. So much attention to detail. It wasn't just delicious food; almost every bite was surprising. Great service, great wine. This place is the real deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EVER - says global foodieFoodAttitudeDined on 5/25/2014Seriously a treat in all ways. Dishes were seemingly weird combinations that together created taste and texture big bangs in your mouth. Each dish special and beyond yum. Wines and beers were equally interesting and delicious. Trust your server and leave your type A ordering style at the door. Things sound either strange or covert...but just roll with it and you'll be delighted by everything, including the wait staff. They are each very knowledgeable about the food and drinks and like the fare, if you let your inevitable social assumptions go, the service, too, is a truly fulfilling experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, so-so serviceJasmurphDined on 5/25/2014The brunch we had here on Sunday was delicious; the service was not great. Our waitress was often curt, seemed uninterested in answering our questions, and brought us our check at just unDer 40 minutes without once asking us if we wanted anything else. We did want something else--we got another dish and some coffee. It was all the more a shame since the food was great--the salad with pear mostardo (I ithnk it was mostardo; I would have asked if I hadn't felt at the waitress wouldn't have blown off the question) was so good we got it twice. The service diminished our first visit.Special Features:
- A+ BrunchJaseVIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent drinks, potato raviolo was out of this world. Brought some friends from out of town and glad we had this on their itinerary. Thanks for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 5 reviews are from the Ribelle reviews archive.
- WannabeDianaVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is one of those joints that wants to be trendy by making food that tries too much. The service was not good either. A very heavy built lady with too many piercings who is not very friendly is not the best way to charm people back.this is a place for young people who want to be seen and want people to think that they are trendy.Special Features:
- TapasWordup24Dined on 5/16/2014Prepare yourself for an expensive tapas style dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDavisFamilyDined on 5/10/2014The food at Ribelle is outstanding. This time we tried a mix of small plates while seated at the bar. There is obviously a lot of pride taken in how the food is prepared and served. Save room for the olive oil ice cream; it sounds weird but tastes amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service inadequateJennVIPDined on 5/9/2014Our reservation was for 8:30 but they couldn't seat us until 9. The amount of time it took for us to get even water once we say down was unbelievable. I was disappointed with the service because the food was something special for sure. Not sure if I'd go back based on the customer service that left so much to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/9/2014We had heard this was a great new place but what a disappointment. The service was horrible. Food was good but nothing special. Decor was none except for the light fixtures. Not a fan of large communal table. Olive oil ice cream was recommended but gross. Will not be back with so many better options in the area.