Trio New American Cafe
8300 Precinct Line Road
Colleyville, TX 76034Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Trio New American Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trionewamerican.com/home/4578735214
- Phone: 8175038440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Harper
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Catering: At TRIO NEW AMERICAN CATERING, we believe dining should be an experience to remember. It's our passion to help you create that memorable experience for you and your guests.
Pick Up | Drop Off | Full Service | Private Chef | Culinary Cooking Classes | Bridal Luncheon | Rehearsal Dinners | Wedding Receptions | social & corporate Events | Holiday Parties | Milestone Birthdays | Anniversaries
- Entertainment: Live Music on Saturdays from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Special Events: Check our Facebook page for and Special Events;
Chef's Tastings | Cooking Classes | Holiday Brunch
A word from Trio New American Cafe
Est. 2009, TRIO NEW AMERICAN is a Chef owned and operated group based out of Colleyville, Texas. Specializing in new american cuisine with global influences on café classics, Trio New American focuses on serving up the freshest local ingredients with a worldly influence. Tuesday through Saturday the relaxed style at Trio Cafe provides the ideal location for either a casual or business lunch, while Thursday thru Saturday night the Cafe transforms itself for dinner into a laid back fine dining experience; including our seasonal inspired dishes and live music from some the best local artists around town. BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Trio New American Cafe - Best Restaurants in Colleyville ›
Trio New American Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (11)special occasion (6)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent meal and ambience.JulieCDined on 10/18/2014The menu is creative and delicious! The music was perfect. We truly enjoyed our meal, the service and the atmosphere. This will be a regular for us.Special Features:
- Best BYOB. Awesome food and serviceBYOB88Dined on 10/18/2014This is by far the best BYOB we have ever been to. My wife and I have been there about 8 times now in the last 3 months and it has always been awesome. They always have great specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemTxRangerFanDined on 10/17/2014Don't let the strip mall setting fool you, Trio offers truly outstanding food at a reasonable price. There are typically three set dinner options plus a special or you can order from the normal lunch menu. Alcohol is BYOB, so you can have a wonderful dinner with your favorite bottle of wine without paying restaurant markup.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousAnghoughVIPDined on 10/17/2014Let me say that I've always loved every dish at Trio. Their fish incredibly fresh, even the sides are prepared perfectly, their soups are amazing. (I've seen people lined up to buy cartons of their soup to go.) For our most recent visit, my husband had the flatiron steak & I ordered the tuna special. The flatiron steak was crave-able with a dark & savory sauce, the tuna was cooked perfectly, the richest melt-in-your-mouth fish. With this level of food, plus the ability to bring our favorite wine without a corkage fee, Trio is a must.Special Features:
- Local BYOB & love it!LuvmywineDined on 10/11/2014The food was fresh, interesting and the service was outstanding. Best of all it is BYOB! You can bring your best bottle of wine and an incredible meal. This is my new favorite local restaurant!Special Features:
- Weekend Dinner at TrioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Great meal. Fun find in an area with not many options in the way of interesting unique cuisine. We are flooded with chain restaurants around here. AMAZING coconut cream pie!! Definitely worth the calories.Special Features:
- Food was goodFrogDogDined on 10/3/2014It was very smoky when we were there from lack of a good exhaust in the kitchen. The food was good. We thought the ambiance would be better considering the food wasnt cheap. They started putting the chairs up while we were finishing our BYOB wine and a few of the employees were standing there watching for us to leave - which we promptly did.Special Features:
- AlmostNCgirlVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food is amazing! Restaurant is in a strip shopping center and frequented by locals. It is a byob (no liquor license). Try fresh fish special and don't forget dessert. Owner's wife is an amazing pastry chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New Fall Menu is AwesomeDavidGDined on 9/19/2014We dined there the day after the new Fall menu was introduced. Wow! Chef Jason Harper is bringing back his Fish of the Day with Grits. Awesome taste and great presentation. The Chicken Schnitzel was the ultimate in "comfort food" . The Flat Iron Steak was also prepared to perfection with an awesome sauce to really bring out the flavor. As usual his appetizers, salads and desserts are all top notch. The loyal staff is always professional, knowledgeable and eager to make your dining experience wonderful. Trio New American Cafe has quickly become the favorite of many locals. If you wish to dine here book your table early or you might not get in.Special Features:
- Foodies Take NoteDavidGDined on 8/28/2014Why travel to Dallas or Fort Worth when you can enjoy fine dining I the suburbs. Trio's menu is simple but elegant and offers something for everyone. Beef, Chicken, Seafood and Vegetarian options. Be your sommelier and bring your own wine to suit your own palette. Big plus now is add lobster to any part of your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!naptxDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful to have this restaurant in Colleyville. My husband had the steak and it ranks as one of the best steaks we've ever ordered in a restaurant. Seafood special (sea bass) was very good but not as mind-blowing as the steak. Lemon brulee tart was excellent and came with a vibrantly-flavored and filled tuile. Food is very professionally done, nicely presented. Live music is very nice touch, service was very good. We plan to become regulars.Special Features:
- Trio never disappoints.K2FoodiesDined on 8/21/2014Service is great and dinner entrees are always creative.Special Features:
- Treat in heart of the Midcitiesfoodie4rmdaNODined on 8/14/2014Very interesting inspired dishes with loads of flavor and the best macaroni and cheese I've ever tasted. If you want a light lunch this is the place to go just keep your eyes off the cupcakes or you'll be addictedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent… 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014One of our favorite places to eat! Excellent food and service best of all it is BYOB. Be sure to make a reservation so you will not be dissapointed. If you are a foodie this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceDavidGDined on 7/24/2014Trio New American Cafe is absolutely one of the area's finest restaurants. The menu has something for everyone. The seafood selection is superb. Presentation is a work of art. Don't stop at the entree, because the salads, appetizers and deserts are equally as good. One of my favorite dining establishments.Special Features:
- Trio Cafe ColleyvilleChrisDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoyed Trio New American Cafe. I read about it in a local magazine, which gave it a good review. I have to agree--the food was great. If you are looking for something different, delicious, fresh, inspiring, etc., then dine at Trio. The service was great, the server explained everything and answered all our questions. The chef came around to our table three times to see how our dinner was. He was very friendly and we enjoyed visiting with him. The restaurant is a little bit off the beaten path. I hope those who read this will seek it out and experience a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Trio New American Cafe reviews archive.
- Great food and servicethellamabaronDined on 6/21/2014We've tried about everything in Roanoke, Southlake, and Grapevine and saw this place on OpenTable and decided to try it. It is a small place with an unassuming facade in a shopping center near a bike shop, but from the moment we walked in the door we were not disappointed! Our OpenTable reservations were ready (made about an hour before hand) and we had a good booth/table next to the guitar/vocalist that was performing. The music was good - amplified, but not so loud that we couldn't have a regular conversation, even sitting close to him. The food we tried was great and included: black bass, beef filet, field greens, crab won tons, exotic mushrooms, and a fantastic brownie/pistachio ice cream desert. BYOB. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantWoodnutDined on 5/24/2014I have been frequenting Trios for a couple of years now, mostly for dinner. They have 3 fixed items on the menu, beef, chix, and fish, and then they have a few specials. Only once have I not ordered the special and I have never been disappointed. Table mates who have ordered the fixed items have been equally pleased. The special on my last visit was fried Maryland soft shell crab and it was heavenly. Two other things i like about Trios is that you can bring your own wine and you can order a half salad with your meal. Everyone seems to have a favorite salad, mine is the wedge and theirs is the very best.Special Features:
- Great FoodCarGuyDined on 5/15/2014This is a hidden jewel in Colleyville. The food is great and there is always a great special dish. Its BYOB which I love.
- outstandingKarenDined on 5/2/2014this was our 1st visit and we were so happy to find such a special place nearby; the food was incredible; highly recommend and don't forget BYOB; fantastic sever tooSpecial Features: