627 SW Washington St.
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pazzo.com/
- Phone: 5032281515x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 7:00am-10:30am Breakfast;
Mon-Fri 11:30- 2:30pm Lunch;
Sat and Sun 8am - 2pm Brunch;
Mon - Fri 2:30-5:00pm Bar Menu available;
Sat and Sun 2pm- 4:30pm Bar Menu available;
Mon - Thurs 5:00pm - 9:00pm Dinner Menu;
Fri 5:00- 11:00pm Dinner; Sat 4:30pm- 11:00 pm Dinner;
Sun 4:30 - 9:00 Dinner;
Bar Open until Midnight Mon- thurs, Friday & Sat Open until 1am
Sunday open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: John Eisenhart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page on OpenTable
- Special Events: Please visit our website for Special Events
A word from Pazzo Ristorante
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, just two blocks from Pioneer Square, Pazzo Ristorante features savory regional Italian cuisine focusing on seasonal, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Pazzo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pazzo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (35)good for groups (24)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (12)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (4)Show More
- The Caesar salad was good.MatildeDined on 3/8/2014The Caesar salad was good. The bread was not so good. The sauce on the cioppino was not very good.
- It's the food, stupidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014This restaurant has wonderful ambience and service, but I cook better food at home. Specifically, the pork loin was dry and without sauce, the cauliflower that was served with it was uninspiring. The salad was great and my husband enjoyed his cioppino. The semifreddo dessert resembled something you would buy in the frozen food section of your local grocery.
- Give it a tryTango2someDined on 2/26/2014We enjoyed the downtown atmosphere and we thought the service was good. We started with the roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta which was well done. The seafood cioppinno was tasty with layers of flavor. We were not impressed by the risotto of the day which was small in portion and served with a strange thick liquid. We did not try the dessert, maybe next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/24/2014Great food, excellent service made a special night to remember. Definitely going to return to this place in the future. Food was very nice because more than pasta is offered on the menu. Nice to see the European structure of a meal of 5 or six courses.Special Features:
- Finally brought my family!PDXJONDined on 2/22/2014I have been trying to get my whole family to come in for dinner here at Pazzo, because the service is always on-point, the food is always mind-blowing, and the atmosphere is perfect and lively. We came for my 24th birthday dinner and had the pleasure of enjoying come ceviche as a starter accompanied by their delicious bread, ordered up some of the bars craft cocktails, and eagerly awaited our dinner. The aromas of the Risotto, Marlin, Chicken, and Steak filled the air as we all laughed and relaxed while enjoying one another's company and could not have imagined a better place to do so! Thank you for making our evening together a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014The service was very nice! everyone was cheery and polite! Great interior! Makes you feel like you are in Italia to an extent! Food was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we have been coming to pazzobushmanDined on 2/15/2014we have been coming to pazzo for 20 yrs. never disappointed......always satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerDanoDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I went there to celebrate our 35th anniversary. The food was excellent and the server was wonderful. She provided excellent service while keeping enough space to allow us to enjoy are dinner together. My wife was supposed to receive a free glass of wine but we were charged. I did not remember until later. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressiveDesigner11Dined on 2/15/2014We were visiting our son in Portland this past weekend and wanted Italian food! I looked I. open Table and noticed Pazzo! We made a reservation (which Open Table has not given me credit for) and we very pleased with the restaurant. Coming from the Bay Area, we have high expectations for Italian food! We enjoyed our meals completely and our waitress was bubbly and thorough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Valentine's, St.Patrick,.jocoDined on 2/15/2014Just a fine restaurant. Has been for YEARS! Friendly, helpful wait-staff, best of all...GOOD FOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bestfrack77Dined on 2/15/2014Risotto was great but expensive, ask price if daily special. Ravioli out of this world with yellow foot mushroom. Wish I had gotten that one! Kendra our waitress never missed a beat, one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time with our group!syberspriteDined on 2/15/2014We had a group of 11 (originally reserved for 15), and couldn't have been more pleased with our Saturday brunch. Service was great, food was amazing, and the atmosphere perfect. I reserved on Open Table less than 24 hours in advance and they were well prepared for us when we arrived. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy on Valentine's Day.JBirdieVIPDined on 2/14/2014Very busy on Valentine's Day. Server as very experienced and observant to our needs. Bruchetta was fabulous, entrees good. I have had better entree selections in the past. A good experience but not great as I have had in the past. Does not deter my from coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSeattleGal33Dined on 2/8/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner at Pazzo. Great food. A Happy Anniversary card when we sat down, complimentary champagne and a really wonderful server. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced food. WaitressDisappointedDined on 1/31/2014Overpriced food. Waitress was distracted every time she spoke with us. We felt there was something important going on somewhere else that kept her looking at another table while talking to us. Too many people asked us if the food was "wonderful" as they quickly came by our table. We felt as if they were putting answers in our mouth for us. The food was nothing exceptional. It was not a genuine experience. We would not recommend this restaurant to any of our friends.
- My husband and I selectedMA2dineDined on 1/31/2014My husband and I selected Pazzo to invite our friends for an elegant dinner based on our previous experience at Pazzo and that was a perfect choice as we were expected. We got the booth as I requested and the service was excellent!!! I am even more confident now to invite or suggest this restaurant to my friends and family. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionpickyEaterDined on 1/24/2014We got there almost 20 mins before our reservation and was seated immediately . It wasn't the quiet dark area that I wanted but still was fine. We were surprised that they had known that it was one of our birthdays and gave us a card. Food was exquisite . Didnt take long for our food to arrive like we thought it would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and trueKarenVIPDined on 1/24/2014After 15 years Pazzo remains one of my favorites. The food is true Italian comfort and the wine list is superb. Gnocchi and risottos are never-fail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealMaudiDined on 1/24/2014My hubby and I had dinner here Friday night and had a fabulous experience! The waiter was efficient and funny. The chef came out to apologize as he had over cooked my hubby's duck. Brought over some meat and cheese to tide us over. When the meal came out we were delighted! Duck was perfect and the cioppino was fabulous! We chatted up with the manager. You can tell he loves his job! Plenty of gluten free options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pazzo is fabulous- food, service,pkmakaiVIPDined on 1/20/2014Pazzo is fabulous- food, service, atmosphere all superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Pazzo!allinthefamDined on 1/17/2014One of our favorite restaurants. They always have amazing food that changes seasonally so I never get the same thing twice. Great service, great ambiance, and great wine. Thanks Pazzo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service But Food Needs HelpkevinDined on 1/17/2014I think when you go out to dine the food should never be "just ok", and yet that was my experience at Pazzo. Service was impeccable, very gracious staff.
- Pazzo's has always had consistentlyDelaneyVIPDined on 1/14/2014Pazzo's has always had consistently good food and it was better this time. Most of the portions were reasonably ample particularly the gnocchi with braised short ribs which was amazing. The chicken was fantastic - could have been bigger but still really delicious with the eggplant carbonata (yum!). The only disappointment started in the beginning when they were out of a $40 wine on their large list and it took them a while to come up with a suggestion of similar quality and price (they have a lot of wines). They could have just given us one that was the same or a bit more for the same price but the server suggested a bottle that was $15 more so we declined. Other than that it was all very good food and I would always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great place!WashingtonDuckDined on 1/9/2014All around great place. Food, service and setting.Special Features:
- My 'go to' place in PortlandWanderlustDined on 1/9/2014My 'go to' place in Portland for business lunches. Foods is always extraordinarily well done and the service is superb. Seems to lend itself to sublime enviroment where the reason for the meeting doesn't get lost but is complimented by an excellent meal.Special Features:
- love this place! Tales areOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013love this place! Tales are a little close but the food is wonderful and the service is usually greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Resturant on BroadwayMaryDined on 12/31/2013We truely enjoyed our dinner at Pazzo. The food and service were excellent. They made the night truely special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We were seating right on time even though it was a very busy night (new years eve) The service was fantastic and the wait for our food was not long at all. Every item was excellent . We have been there before and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I remembered this place!mjwheartsDined on 12/31/2013Hadn't been for quite a while but it was fantastic! Our food and drinks were done to perfection and our waiter, Ryan, was a perfect host. The perfect martini, a pork dish that melted in my mouth, my husbands steak that was text book medium rare and dessert heaven. What's there not to love? We took our own wine but their list is extensive so we will buy off the wine list next time. It's a must do.Special Features:
- Reacquainted with PazzocmcnewVIPDined on 12/30/2013After not having been to Pazzo Ristorante for quite a while, we were pleasantly surprised with the entire experience. Our server, Harvey, was exceptional with great command of the menu and wine list. We will definitely be back and it won't take long for that to happen!Special Features:
- Tried and TrueOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/30/2013Pazzo has been around forever, with good reason. It's not flashy, but very dependably good. We had 4 different dishes: gnocchi, cioppiano, spaghetti, and risotto. Each was well executed. My only critique was that the cioppiano broth was too salty. The salt overwhelmed the delicate seafood, which was nicely cooked. Price performance was average: 4 of us had appetizers, entree, and one bottle of wine for $100 per couple, inc. gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placescottyDined on 12/29/2013Food, atmosphere, and service were excellent! Could use some more apps. Good place to take a date. Friendly bartender and server. Definately going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome meal!WeHeadEasttoEatDined on 12/24/2013This was one of the BEST meals we have ever had, and it was literally from "soup" (delicious!) to nuts (on the great desserts)!! EVERY dish was wonderful - in taste and presentation - and the service was impeccable AND friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner94597Dined on 12/23/2013Antipasto plate, Caesar salad & panama cotta were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place t eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2013We had reservations and arrived early. Our table was already set up and so we were seated right away. The waiter as well as the rest of the staff were very attentive without being overly visible. Our waiter was OUTSTANDING! Cannot say enough about the food and service. Repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, Service Ok, Table notbjc006Dined on 12/14/2013Used Open table to get reservation and got one next to kitchen... Poor Ambiance Service was really lacking, 45 minutes before she came back for orders.. Said they had 4x the dinners that night...So plan for it. Server then came back only after getting up to go get her.~ 25 min. Food was very good.
- GreatMarinoDined on 12/5/2013The restaurant was able to accomodate my needs regarding my motber's birthday celebration and my own eating concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food=fairOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/5/2013menu has changed. downhill from previous visits. But the soup was delicious! Great service.Special Features:
- Good meal in downtown PortlandKnoxvilleGuyVIPDined on 11/29/2013We dined here before heading out to a show at the Rose Garden. Food was nice -- two pasta dishes, plus salads and wine, plus cocktails. The wait staff was attentive. Food was of good temperature and taste. The noise level is a bit loud, but the room was full, so no big deal. This is good Italian food at a good price in the Broadway area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAllyDined on 11/26/2013Went there for a casual, but romantic date night and it was lovely. All of the staff including, the hostess, the server, and even the busboy were delightful. They added end personal touches throughout the evening that were very thoughtful. I would definitely recommend this place to someone looking for a unique Italian experience. Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.