627 SW Washington St.
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pazzo.com/
- Phone: 5032281515x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 7:00am-10:30am Breakfast;
Mon-Fri 11:30- 2:30pm Lunch;
Sat and Sun 8am - 2pm Brunch;
Mon - Fri 2:30-5:00pm Bar Menu available;
Sat and Sun 2pm- 4:30pm Bar Menu available;
Mon - Thurs 5:00pm - 9:00pm Dinner Menu;
Fri 5:00- 11:00pm Dinner; Sat 4:30pm- 11:00 pm Dinner;
Sun 4:30 - 9:00 Dinner;
Bar Open until Midnight Mon- thurs, Friday & Sat Open until 1am
Sunday open until 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: John Eisenhart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page on OpenTable
- Special Events: Please visit our website for Special Events
A word from Pazzo Ristorante
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, just two blocks from Pioneer Square, Pazzo Ristorante features savory regional Italian cuisine focusing on seasonal, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Pazzo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pazzo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (38)romantic (27)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (2)Show More
- THe wait staff was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2008THe wait staff was very good. My friends veal (the special) was fantastic. Howevethe halibut, albeit cooked perfectly was served floating on some tomatoes a cold cucumber green broth. Not good...but the service was great and we would go back.
- Pazzo is located at and connectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2008Pazzo is located at and connected to the Hotel Vintage Plaza on SW Broadway in Portland. It is a busy and active site with a nice bar but arranged such that dining can be very quiet. The menu items are very creative, seasonal and varied but not so extreme that you don't recognize the food. It is one of those dining events when you wish you could try more than one choice of each category on the menu. The wine list is outstanding and features many local vineyards. Each of the four in our party voted 5 out of 5 stars for the rating.Special Features:
- Food, service, ambiance great...I'vOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2008Food, service, ambiance great...I've been patronizing Pazzo for almost 10 years - fabulous. The evening we were there a couple of large groups made the noise level a bit excessive...typically not the case.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.RWDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2008Wonderful food and service. A classy and fun place in downtown PortlandSpecial Features:
- Pazzo's was great! This wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2008Pazzo's was great! This was the first time I've eaten there for Dinner. I have had serveral lunches and that were also great! The wine list is long and stocked and the setting is very comfortable. My dinner reservation was fairly early 5:15pm and it felt like we were the first ones there, which was great because the service was fast, it was quiet and I got to enjoy my time with my fiance greatly. Noticed more people began to arrive around 6:00pm, but that really did not change the mood in the dining area at all, though you could hear people having a great time in the bar.Special Features:
- We often go to Pazzo priorOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2008We often go to Pazzo prior to concerts. The food and service are always excellent. We were not disappointed on Saturday.Special Features:
- The entre's were cooked perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2008The entre's were cooked perfectly and topped with flavorful and complimentary sauces. Veggie side dish was topped with carmalized onions that were an amazing addition and nice surprise. Desserts were also fantastic - pannacotta, and home-made coffee gelato. Service was professional and well-informed. WHile it wasn't inexpensive, the meal was worth the price.Special Features:
- Our server was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2008Our server was outstanding. This was our anniversary and we had a really great time.Special Features:
- Excellent wine list. The foodandymacnoonDined on 9/5/2008Excellent wine list. The food is average; there's nothing on the menu that is particularly exciting, but the work is still competent. I miss the capellini alla arrabiata; it seems the Italian emphasis has weakened and the restaurant is in danger of becoming yet another dull purveyor of Northwest "cuisine".
- Our server was great. SheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2008Our server was great. She tried really hard to help us make some informed decisions about what to order. Unfortunately the risotto and gnocchi were average at best. I had a marvelous view of the cooks as they prepared our food and their bored, very uninspired, expressions were matched by the food.Special Features:
- We hadn't been to Pazzo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2008We hadn't been to Pazzo's for about 10 years. Why did we wait so long to go back? It was terrific.Special Features:
- Went here for a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2008Went here for a special occasion. Everyone was helpful and incredibly polite. Food and drinks were delicious!Special Features:
- It was a perfect first date...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2008It was a perfect first date... everything was great!!! Thanks again..Special Features:
- Over the past 3 years, we'veTBBestDishesVIPDined on 7/17/2008Over the past 3 years, we've been to Pazzo several times and have enjoyed it - last time we were there was July, 2007. Well, something has changed dramatically for the worse. I had the same dish (Gnocchi with guinea hen ragu)that I had last time. It was TERRIBLE!!!! Last time, it was light, delicate - delicious!! So good I ordered it again. This time, it was extremely oversalted and a bit overcooked - as in dried out. It was more of a pot roast than a ragu. My wife had the Papardelle with lam ragu - again, it was like a lamb pot roast, not a ragu - and it was oversalted. The bread we got was stale, too. What happened?! I am very reluctant to return.
- Our waiter (with the veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2008Our waiter (with the very sexy voice) was great! Wonderful food and the staff was very good. Wine and cocktails were all great!Special Features:
- I love this restuarant whenDenverKVSVIPDined on 7/6/2008I love this restuarant when I am traveling to Portland. It is a great place for a single to have dinner, good wine and nice service.
- Soup was good, main courseoldgrowthDined on 7/5/2008Soup was good, main course ok, not particularly warm or fresh.
- The wait staff was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008The wait staff was excellent. Always there but not in the way or annoying. I love this place and the food!Special Features:
- Amy, our server, was an absoluteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2008Amy, our server, was an absolute gem. We just left ourselves in her hands - food, wine and service. Food was wonderful, as was the wine. The booth was great as well. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- We always love eating at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2008We always love eating at the Pazzo. The Salmon Ravioli is awesome! The prices are fare and the service is grate. thanks. The back may be a little too dark though, just slightly.Special Features:
- Food was very good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008Food was very good except for a salad that was way too salty to eat - they offered to replace it but did not want another. Service was slow at first - no one took responsibility to wait on our particular table. Maybe a mixup... Waiter made up for it afterward - compted the salad and desert. We have eaten there before and will be back because they made up for the mistakes.Special Features:
- a heavy hand in the kitchen,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2008a heavy hand in the kitchen, salads overdressed, pasta over sauced, entrees over sauced. A passing waitress spilled an entire bottle of water on my shoe and I had to ask for a dry cloth. Overpriced meal for the quality.
- Pazzo offers a wonderful diningOut4dindinDined on 6/7/2008Pazzo offers a wonderful dining experience if you love Italian food. The comfortable surroundings and friendly, helpful service makes this a no brainer for a nice dinner out with your sweetie, friends or family. Everything we had was delicious and priced perfectly! A very nice evening out!Special Features:
- Staff was nice, cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008Staff was nice, cocktails were good. Food was good. We had a nice dinner and the timeline of our experience was perfect. did not feel rushed and we appreciated that.Special Features:
- We had a great evening. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008We had a great evening. We were seated close to the entrance of the kitchen and witnessed and overheard the conversations of the staff. That was a bit annoying because there was quite a bit of chatter that did not pertain to serving customers. There was also a bit of horseplay - nothing big, but not what I have come to expect from our typical Pazzo experience. Our waiter provided excellent service.Special Features:
- We haven't been to Pazzo forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2008We haven't been to Pazzo for a long time. I wasn't knocked out and I probably will not go back again. Other than the dessert, It wasn't very interesting. I think they need to overhaul the menu and the bread should be more rustic. Sorry, nice place and service but food left me unsatisfied.Special Features:
- I have been to Pazzo manyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2008I have been to Pazzo many times, obviously because it was very good. However, the quality of food and service has changed dramatically. Our service was less than mediocre. And the food was, well frankly, not the quality that Pazzo has put out in the past. K'Lynn Davis 360-270-3162Special Features:
- My main dish, a tuna fromOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2008My main dish, a tuna from Hawaii, was unremarkable in flavor even after having it sent back to have it cooked more. The waiter was very gracious with my send-back request. The asparagus and leeks(?) was soupy and flavorless. I would not go back when there are so many other great restaurants in town.
- We often find Pazzo a goodCarolfayVIPDined on 4/28/2008We often find Pazzo a good choice for dinner before symphony concerts downtown. The food is consistently good, attractively presented, served in handsome surroundings.Special Features:
- Although the service was excellent,KenMcDined on 4/26/2008Although the service was excellent, the food was a little dissapointing. Especially the salmon raviolli. It was too lemony.Special Features:
- I was thoroughly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008I was thoroughly impressed by Pazzo. The atmosphere was great and the food was fantastic. I will definitely eat their again.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our experience--expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008We enjoyed our experience--expected the white tablecloths described --but weren't there so it felt more casual than we expected.Special Features:
- My father and I both feltOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008My father and I both felt like our dishes were bland.
- A great place for a date!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008A great place for a date! Warm atmosphere, great food and impeccable service. We enjoyed every minute.Special Features:
- Tasty Italian menu, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2008Tasty Italian menu, and the service is always very good. Has a romantic feel to it, but kids are definitely welcome. Good wine list, not too pricey.Special Features:
- Pazzo's has become our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/2007Pazzo's has become our favorite ristorante in the Portland area, a very friendly place to come to feel welcome and enjoy excellently prepared Northwest seasonal cuisine in an inviting atmosphere. We highly recommend Pazzo's. Mike and MaggieSpecial Features:
- While it has been a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2007While it has been a while since we were here an neglected to write a review, I do not remember our food choices. BUT my wife and I still speak about this being one of the finest dining experiences EVER and truly our favorite Portland meal. We don't remember her name, but our waitress is married to a member of Pink Martini. The only thing that surpassed her service was her outstanding food/menu knowledge and her recommendations. We have not been back to Portland for a couple of years, but we will dine at Pazzo upon our return.Special Features:
- Great Italian food in downtownHawaii50Dined on 11/2/2006Great Italian food in downtown Portland. Great bar for drinks and appetizers too.Special Features:
- Unbelievably great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/18/2006This review is long overdue but this was one of our favorite dining experience anywhere. Great food and fabulous service and we are from San Francisco so have had our share of great dining experiences. It was the highlight of our trip to the northwest.Special Features: