Stoudts Black Angus
2800 N. Reading Road
Adamstown, PA 19501Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Stoudts Black Angus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/
- Phone: 7174844386
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Josh Hilt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: We have an open air Bier Garden attached to the restaurant where we host craft beer festivals throughout the year and a German-style Oktoberfest. Please check our website for dates and times.
A word from Stoudts Black Angus
Since he purchased the restaurant in 1962, Ed Stoudt has provided guests with hand-cut aged steaks, fresh seafood and a few German homemade favorites. Enjoy Ed’s unique eclectically-decorated dining spaces, which include a Victorian style back bar from 1910, a pub littered with political memorabilia, the tray-ceiling brewery room, intimate cubbies and booths, and a private room with large booths showcasing a collection of limited run Picasso prints. Our menu changes seasonally, with an emphasis on locally-produced and organically-farmed items made from scratch, featuring artisan cheese and bread from our own Wonderful Good Market and the chef’s weekend specials. Enjoy our award-winning, hand-crafted beers brewed fresh from our brewery next door. Over 12 beer styles available year-round exclusively at our pub, special firkins and small batch brewer’s reserve styles. Stop in during the week for happy hour drinks and appetizer specials, signature martinis and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stoudts Black Angus - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Stoudts Black Angus reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)good for groups (8)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- StoudtsBritsDined on 10/18/2014Close by PA Rennaissance faire. Has an excellent beer selection & reasonably priced beer sampler. Authentic German food & classic foods. Excellent dining selection. Highly recommend this brewhouse.Special Features:
- Come for the beer-stay for the foodwapfDined on 10/16/2014Stoudt's is rightly well-regarded for their beers. With an extensive regular list and a couple of seasonal specials, there is something to match (or challenge) any beer lover's palate. But don't miss the German-inspired menu. Their homemade sausages with sauerkraut and red cabbage are superb. Their soups are always excellent. The menu has both full dinners and lighter fare. Do not just go by what is in their online menu-the retaurant's menu is about 1/3 larger. They also have a good dessert menu. They also always have several vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what i was expecting4thefamilyDined on 10/12/2014It cost more than I expected, all the reviews I saw said $$ it was more like $$$$. They where out of items we wanted and we had to go up to the next item that cost more and had no discount. My potato was not cooked and they recommended a dessert for my 5 year old that I did not feel was kid friendly, I was correct.
- A very pleasant experienceamacwowDined on 10/8/2014As always, the service and the quality of the food was exceptional. Was a weeknight visit so it was unfortunate that the prime rib was not on menu as it is always phenomenal. My guests were hoping to partake of the raw bar, but unfortunately that was also already exhausted even though they viewed it upon entrance. Maybe future visits will have them prepared a bit more for weeknight customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggie optionspattiwDined on 10/5/2014I was thrilled that there were a few options for our Vegetarian guests!Special Features:
- Great PubDoitagainDined on 10/5/2014Great authentic German food, and of course a great selection of beer at the highest quality and taste. Our party really enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great beerpurple37Dined on 9/27/2014really good microbrews, fantastic steak, and a good German menu. We went on the opening day of their Oktoberfest and they ran out of wiener-schnitzel; little disappointed in that but still really good food and beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant evening - good foodPhoebeDined on 7/25/2014Our dinner was very good, our party of three had the scallops, prime rib, and steak, we were all satisfied. The service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The food is good quality, but not extraordinary. Desserts are fabulous.Special Features:
- Great service and foodjroushVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food quality was great and the appetizers were amazing. The waitress was very good with a great appreciation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beers and German foodadm19Dined on 7/12/2014The beer is what brings many people here, and it doesn't disappoint. The menu items include many traditional German dishes, such as Jaegerschnitzel, Wienerschnitzel, and various sausages. They are all very well done here, and there are even two sizes available for most entrees. The interior design is interesting, and the booths in the cubby-holes are really nice for groups. This place is worth your time if you find yourself in the area. The food and beer are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodRickDined on 7/7/2014We went there for our wedding anniversary. It was quiet, but that was probably just because it was a Monday night. Food was excellent and steaks were cooked perfectly. They have a beer menu with their own brews. It has something for every taste. A little pricey, but I don't mind paying a little more when the food was this good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Stoudts Black Angus reviews archive.
- PleasedWhateverVIPDined on 6/14/2014A bit off the beaten path in Berks County, PA but Stoudts was well worth the drive over and visit. Seated in a nice private booth (if we drew the curtains it would have been completely private!). Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Our salads were a nice start to the meals. My wife enjoyed her evening special paella and I enjoyed my 8 oz. size NY sirloin. all in all, a pleasant evening here.Special Features:
- Good but not greatGoodtimeDined on 5/17/2014Everything was fine just not real good! It has a lot of charm and we all had a nice meal. I believe it probably more of a lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Funky Fun - Great beer!MCXpcVIPDined on 5/10/2014This place is amazing. Another review compared it to eating inside a German cuckoo clock, and while I don't entirely see that, it indicates that this is definitely an eccentric place with equal emphasis on Black Forest and beer. We were a group of six celebrating commencement/graduation at a nearby college; everyone had something different and we enjoyed it all. Our server Fran was exceptionally pleasant and attentive, and the beer selection is homegrown heaven. We'll definitely be going back for a brewery tour and look forward to trying other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and foodBeerlieverDined on 4/27/2014What more could you want? The food is outstanding on all fronts, from burgers to steaks to seafood. The wait staff and bartenders are friendly and very helpful. Get the cheese plate to start as this is made on site as is the bread and beer! Listen, just go here. You will not be disappointed! And make sure to hit the market on weekends to bring some bread and cheese home with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.