11 North King Street
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lightfootrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037712233
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:30am Cafe Menu-Open to Close Dinner Menu-5:30pm Daily Sunday Brunch, Outdoor Patio Weather Permitting Daily Lunch and Dinner Special Menus Valentines Eve, Easter, Mother's Day, New Year's Eve
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Ingrid Gustavson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On premise only.
- Private Party Facilities: The Restaurant is available for a complete facility buy out.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie 7037712233x12
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights if a private party is not booked in the Piano Bar. Please call for a schedule.
- Special Events: Special Grand Buffets served Easter and Mother's Day. Special menu served on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Eve.
A word from Lightfoot Restaurant
Lightfoot Restaurant was named in honor of Loudon County hero and American Statesman Francis Lightfoot Lee, who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Lightfoot offers local color steeped in history, imaginative cuisine that tastes as exquisite as it looks, and an ambiance that is captivating and uniquely elegant. Lightfoot serves Lunch and Dinner Daily. Fine Dining in the dining room and casual dining in our bar area. We also offer three private rooms for Corporate Functions, Weddings, and Private Parties. Please refer to our website www.lightfootrestaurant.com for the latest menus as well as our banquet package. Fine Dining - Signature EventsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lightfoot Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Lightfoot Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)romantic (68)neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (41)good for groups (37)notable wine list (30)great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- AmazingBrooksDined on 5/27/2014The staff was incredible! The food superb ! The choices on the menu were outstanding... Be sure to listen for the specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightfoot anniversaryJimBDined on 5/23/2014Good food but a little loud due to a wedding party table next to ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAxeeaterDined on 5/23/2014Food was wonderful. My son is vegetarian and they only had one veg item and it was good if not very imaginative. Service was outstanding as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoydiningwithfriendsDined on 5/21/2014My third time there - still really nice spot. Food was very good - Took my son - he is a bit of a foodie and LOVED it! Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Amazing Foodmanteca88Dined on 5/18/2014It is a fancy restaurant with very good service and amazing food. The cost is high but the food is worth it. The desserts are amazing too.Special Features:
- Lightfoot Loud NoisesPADDAPDined on 5/17/2014OMG - there was a wedding upstairs, the downstairs was packed making the noise in the room off the charts loud. We enjoyed our food but it was not a pleasant experience because of the noise. If you want a quiet romantic spot - this isn't it. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW - What a find!ChristopherVIPDined on 5/17/2014I found a new favorite place in Leesburg! I must admit, not being from the area, I do not know Leesburg well, but when a friend and I decided to go, I decided to research restaurants. And, what a find- Lightfoot is exquisite! I am all ready planning my next trip there. To begin, the design is an old bank- ok, I was nervous, but it was the perfect blend of elegance and style, and add to that an amazing server- ask for Leonardo! The food was amazing too, their "Better than Maryland" Crab Bisque lived up to its name; the scallops with goat cheese filled ravioli were to die for, and the French Onion with Mushroom Soup has no compare. There is not enough room to praise them here, but if you have not been there, don't be like me and wait- GO NOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinnerReimerDined on 5/16/2014I always enjoy your restaurant. I gave you a top rating in all categories and those ratings are well deserved. That you are in an early and elegant bank building makes your restaurant extra special and interesting. Everything I've ordered has been delicious, but the lobster bisque with generous pieces of lobster, was beyond compare.Special Features:
- DisappointedbyebyeDined on 5/16/2014Having enjoyedl meals at Lightfoot in the past, we looked forward to our recent dinner there. We asked for a quiet table but were seated near the front--a bit of a disappointment. The waiter took our drink order and returned to our table to tell us about the day's specials--two fish entrees. He neglected to tell us what the price of each dish was, so we asked, and he told us that each was in the $36-$38 price range--too extravagant for our budget. He said that one dish was served with pommes souffles, but he didn't know how they were prepared. My salmon dish was $28, and I received a very small portion of fish on a large bed of "wild" rice, which was white rice with some flecks of wild rice. Not a good value; I'll not return.Special Features:
- Great Place to CelebrateJimhenkDined on 5/13/2014We went to Lightfoot Restaurant to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was perfect. The service was complete without being intrusive. And the chef obviously knows how to combine foods. The experience was casual elegance as advertised.Special Features:
- Mother's Day VisitTheODined on 5/11/2014For my family this was their first visit to Lightfoot. All really enjoyed the experience. Hope to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceMariaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Could have been more of a brunch variety, seemed limited. Our server forgot to bring the glass of wine until we had to remind him of it. That was a little disappointing. You shoudl offer valet service.Special Features:
- Mother's Day TreatLGIIIDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant turned out to be an amazing find! What a special treat for our mom- delicious, decadent food...amazing, attentive, friendly service..delicious dessert..great ambiance..all around it was truly special. We have already decided that this will become our new Mother's Day tradition. Doesn't hurt that it's located in the lovely downtown Leesburg!Special Features:
- Rich dining experienceGogofoodieDined on 5/11/2014To me the building and and decor were very interesting and appealing. We had reservations for brunch on Mothers Day and arrived 15 minutes early. We were seated and served right away. All of the food we ate was delicious. The creme of crab soup was too rich for my wife as it might be for many but the flavor was excellent. My daughter had a Cinnamon Bourbon Croissant French toast that was more like dessert. This is not an inexpensive meal but worth it for excellent food and service on a special occasion. If I lived nearby I am sure I would stop at the bar periodically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So CharmingnbcsallyDined on 5/11/2014The food is so good! Seriously Amazing! The place is a hidden gem. The architectural features are so neat. Even the ventilation grills are an exact replica of the Campidoglio in Rome. Great experience.Special Features:
- Mother's Day FlopwontgobackDined on 5/11/2014We went for the atmosphere and we got that. The waiter took forever, the best thing on the menu was the kids filet Mignon at $25 (kids menu!). I had the shrimp and grits and the shrimp was soaked in chlorine, and the grits were mainly whole kernel corn with a bag of cream of wheat stirred in. My wife had the lump crab cake and it was very fishy. My daughter had the ham biscuits with honey, but it was a honey sauce that did not taste like honey. The location was very upscale, the food was expensive and very poor quality.
- Expensive but worth itBrucecamp4Dined on 5/10/2014We went to the Lightfoot for dinner to celebrate my brothers graduation from college. Its his favorite restaurant, he lives in the area and I do not, so we treated him. It has great character, being an old converted bank with some great nuance touches to the decor to remind you of that. Wine list is pretty good, if not spectacular. The food was outstanding, and everything each of us ordered was perfect and tasted wonderful. It was a bit high priced, especially for the area, but worth it for special occasions. I would recommend it to anyone in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014It would have been more romantic and relaxing if the noise Level haven´t been so high. It was a little annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Windus interuptusmilesofsmilesDined on 5/10/2014We went there to celebrate an early Mothers Day. We were seated promptly. It is hard to find parking . We were originally three, , then became a party of six. The wait staff handled the changes easily. We started with appetizers: devilled eggs on pickles; duck quesadillas and French onion soup. Everything was delicious. Then the rain started pounding, and we had to go from our al fresco dining spot to an inside table. Again the wait staff handled this change with grace and aplomb. We ordered the scallop with homemade ravioli, and the people allergic to shellfish ordered the fish tacos. Everything was great. Desert was a blueberry cashew crumble which was big enough for two. Would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!ItsallaboutthefoodDined on 5/9/2014Always a good place to spend time with friends and family. Food is wonderful and service is excellent!Special Features:
- tucsonbadgerstucsonbadgersVIPDined on 5/9/2014We were in the Leesburg area for a business meeting and one of our colleagues recommended that we go to Lightfoot for Friday evening dinner. We had a great experience--the service was excellent, the food wonderful, and the ambiance perfect. We would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for afternoon lunch.Steph14Dined on 5/9/2014I took my mom to LIGHTFOOT'S for Mother's Day and we has a wonderful meal and great service. She wants to go back for Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!!!NewbieDined on 5/8/2014You guys do a great job!! The food is always outstanding and the staff is so professional!Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationLeesburgersDined on 5/5/2014Most food was excellent: (lobster bisque, 8oz filet with asparagus & mashed potatoes, key lime pie, choc moose torte) The calamari appetizer was okay (light batter but not much meat inside) and the BBQ sauce on the shrimp and grits was a bit overpowering, but otherwise, delicious. We were seated by a window and it was a chilly day- we both had long sleeves, but even after mentioning that it was pretty cold at our table early in the meal, we opted to order dessert to go, so that we could enjoy it in the warmth of our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incedible SettingSams1stUncleDined on 5/4/2014Food and servce were generally so-so and uninspired however the building ( an old bank) and the work and money that was put into it make it worth a stop for a drink just to check it out if you are in the area. Go up to the secondfloor for a good look at the light fixtures.
- Fun and delicious2bdaygirlsDined on 5/3/2014Lightfoot is a cool place as it is inside an old bank complete with the giant vault. Service is low key but very professional. The menu has something for everyone. If you like to eat lightly don't miss Everyone's Favorite Salad. The lunch specials are a steal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Food was not as good as usual; all food arrived lukewarm.Special Features:
- Great as always!!NewbieDined on 5/2/2014Little bit busier than usual due to the kids going to the dance, but a wonderful time nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.KathDined on 5/2/2014We get to Leesburg every year and have enjoyed Lightfoot consistently for about 10 years.. There have been dinners for two and small family reunions, and all have been enjoyable. The atmosphere is energetic but not disturbing and the food never disappoints. We have tried other restaurants in town but none match our experience at Lightfoot. We look forward to next year! KathSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cousin's LunchLefty48Dined on 5/2/2014It was a great place for us to meet Cousins who were in town for a Wedding(Berryville) Easy to get to from MD. Enjoyed the old bank atmosphere and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our Favorites for Guestsluvfd73Dined on 4/26/2014It is definitely one of our very favorite restaurants in the area. Our guests are always wowed by the setting, the waiters and the marvelous food!! My brother and sister-in-law from Connecticut rave about it every time they are in town and never fail to stop for lunch or dinner. The chef's creations never fail to amaze!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentRichBDined on 4/22/2014Lightfoot did it again. A super nice quiet table for two and absolutely outstanding service and food. The perfect place for a nice lunch, and I've had the same experience with dinner reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Lovely meal, able to carry on a conversation as it was quiet and few interuptions by the staff. Fully endorse Lightfoot for any occasion. #2 above says "bunch" do you mean brunch? Lightfoot does offer brunch as well.Special Features:
- yumroseDined on 4/20/2014Food was delicious; had the sea bass with squash, very nice. Lovely atmosphere; elegant yet friendly. Would like to go back to try lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!NewbieDined on 4/14/2014The food and service were great, we will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightfoot TavernMuttiDined on 4/12/2014So far, this restaurant has been consistently very good. Original menu, nicely presented. A little on the pricey side especially for the Leesburg area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Thisa is, by far, the best place for eating in the downtown Leesburg area. There aren't a huge # of menu choices, but each of the items were top notch. Prices for food were reasonable($22-29 mostly) and the cocktails from the bar were also reasonably priced ($7-10). They have an extensive wine list, but their wine prices seemed a bit steep compared to the food selections, so I took a pass on vino. Service was excellent. Food service was prompt. This is the second year in a row I have had my anniversary diner at Lightfoot, and there is a good chance I'll go back again next year.Special Features:
- Special place for special occasionsFoggyDined on 4/7/2014We always go here for our special occasions because we know the food and service will always be special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationRobinDined on 4/4/2014Was there with friends to celebrate a birthday. We had a fabulous evening. Food, atmosphere, and servers-it was all great. We're from out of town and plan to return ! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in LeesburgLoisVIPDined on 4/3/2014Dined with a business contact at Lightfoot, and had the Arizona club sandwich with zucchini fries. I really enjoyed this sandwich. My friend had the swordfish club, and she said it was very good as well. I will return to this establishment, and I can recommend this to you when you are in the Leesburg area. Service was very good also!Special Features: