George Martin The Original
65 North Park Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
George Martin The Original
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.georgemartingroup.com/
- Phone: 5166787272x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday 12:00pm-3:00pm Dinner Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Holt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our accomplished staff is available to cater a party in your home.
- Private Party Facilities: George Martin's dining room is available for private parties Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 4:30pm for a maximum of 120 guests. A separate party room is available every day and night for a maximum of 55 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Sullivan 5166787272x
A word from George Martin The Original
A genuine American Bistro, at George Martin The Original the emphasis is on prime steaks, chops and seafood. The mood is lively and upbeat with a casual, yet sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
George Martin The Original - Best Restaurants in Rockville Centre ›
George Martin The Original reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)special occasion (59)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (32)romantic (28)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Luv Geeorge MartinsLuvGeorgeMartinsDined on 3/1/2014Have always enjoyed going to George Martins on a date with my husband for the past 28 years!! Great atmosphere - equivalent to a restaurant in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant dining experience.mikeDined on 3/1/2014A very pleasant dining experience. Attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointGeminiDined on 2/28/2014We've been to George Martin's a few times now, and it is becoming our favorite place to dine out. The food is super consistent, I have yet to try something that wasn't completely satisfying to the palate. From beautiful steaks, to fresh fish & even a sandwich or a salad with a protein on those nights you want to eat light, there broad menu should cover anyone's specific wants. We dined with a friend that had an allergy, and the server walked her through what she could and couldn't have, and explained the chef would modify anything to accommodate her needs. With there friendly, courteous service staff, and consistent food coming out of the kitchen, George Martins is a place we look forward to frequent for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dine at George Martin frequentlyLynnVIPDined on 2/22/2014We dine at George Martin frequently because the food is very consistent and has great value, We look forward to coming back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it ...PastedeechefDined on 2/22/2014Made a reservation for my friends birthday . Heard great things about the restaurant so being that I love trying new places and a chef myself we visited . Racheal was awesome and food was so tasty. Piggy wings, baked potato soup omg so yummy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, good foodCookingrvcDined on 2/22/2014GM Original is our go-to neighborhood place. Food is always very good, and both bar and wait staff are likable and efficient. It's a great place for us to fine alone or with a small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love this place. I haveLKavVIPDined on 2/21/2014Just love this place. I have been going to GM for years and have never been disappointed. The food has always been exceptionally good.Special Features:
- Tasty Food, Good ServiceCdrsiskoDined on 2/17/2014We were seated right on schedule. The waitress had extensive knowledge of the menu and what she did not know she about rather quickly to prevent any problems. The was flavorful and the portions were reasonable for the price paid. Fresh made Popovers and Bread were placed on the table before we even ordered. They also gave us a trio of butters and hummus for the bread. The menu was elaborate including several specials of the house and wines/cocktails. We found the restaurant to be just a bit too noisy for dinner conversation but all and all we had no real complaints.Special Features:
- DisappointedDq314Dined on 2/16/2014Me and my girlfriend went to dinner Sunday night and when the waiter came to the table he started off by saying, Friday was valentines day and we are all out if steak. The restaurant should have called me and told me they were all out of steak so that I could've planned for something else.
- Nice restaurantChristyneDined on 2/16/2014Went on Sunday night before Presidents' Day and it was kinda noisy. The ambiance on a quiet night could be romantic but it was slightly busy. I only had dessert and a drink but it was good and for being so busy, the service wasn't so bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Original has lost its waymarkVIPDined on 2/16/2014We have been dining at George Martin the original for quite some time. It was always very good--until a few years ago when we noticed a steep dropoff in the quality of the food and its preparation. We hadn't been to the restaurant in more than 2 years and decided to give it another chance. The food remains completely uninspiring. Each of our dishes lacked any seasoning or taste. I have eaten at pubs that have shown more care in preparation. Service was fine.
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I had a very good dinner here on Valentine's Night. He had been here before on business lunches and really liked the food and atmosphere and I concur :) Great spot! We will definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchneldamVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had lunch with my coworkers at George Martin on Friday & the food was excellent, and service was very good. George Martin is one of our favorite places in RVC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Everything was fantastic!! Delicious specials, excellent service and great new "side car" room!! Perfect for a great Saturday night out with friends and family. We will be back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAnnieDined on 2/1/2014Another outstanding dinner experience at George Martin!Special Features:
- Rockville Center (NY) GemfrankiecDined on 2/1/2014Rockville Center is fast becoming the Great Neck of the South Shore when it comes to dining. And George Martin is among the restaurants that leads the way. Missing from the area is a large steak house like the kinds you find on Northern Blvd. But George Martin Original would be comfortable no matter where you put it. Excellent service, outstanding food, plenty of area parking, noisy is about its only criticism. In our case we ate in the front dining room near the bar. This no doubt amplified the noise. There are smaller rooms but I cannot vouch for their noise levels. Excellent tuna, chops, wonderful appetizers. All in all an absolute delight!Special Features:
- We had a family dinner inOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2014We had a family dinner in the side room of the restaurant. overall it was a great experience. The room was gorgeous and much quieter then the main part of the restaurant. Our server made great recommendations. The pork schnitzel was so delicious. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- our last visitsteamfitterDined on 1/31/2014our last visit was a bit of a let down. my wife and I had the swordfish special I feel the fish was frozen and when cooked it was very dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youPAAAZDined on 1/31/2014So thankful that there is a restaurant in my neighborhood that is reliable and comfortable, with unpretentious kind service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never misses!Planr50VIPDined on 1/31/2014The food is always amazing and the service staff are truly friendly and eager to help. This is our "go to " place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George Martin never disappointsBobEVIPDined on 1/24/2014Great food great service. A great Long Island restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George Martin - The OriginalArtiePDined on 1/18/2014Excellent food and service. A great place for dinner and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular for good reason. GoodvikingwifeDined on 1/12/2014Popular for good reason. Good service, even on a very busy Sunday night. Food was very good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 diners reviewJPM3Dined on 1/5/2014The service is excellent food very good! It can be noisy at times but not terrible! The servers are very cordial & accommodating! We have recommended GM to our friends! We have been coming here for at least 10 years!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014Been to George Martin's often and the food has always been great! Service is fine but the noise level is loud! Not a quiet dinner but worth going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectJeffVIPDined on 12/31/2013Each one of our group ordered a different dish; we argued as to whose dish was better. It was perfect !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George Martin is a restaurantLynnVIPDined on 12/28/2013George Martin is a restaurant that is very easy to frequent. There is always something to eat no matter what your mood or taste is. Food is always very well prepared. It is a very comfortable place.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteJgiraceDined on 12/28/2013My husband and I went there on our first date 9 years ago and go back frequently still. Always great food, service, and ambience. Decent wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodelk675Dined on 12/27/2013We've been dining here for over 25 years and it never disappoints. This time we had the steak (petit filet mignonette) and (crab) cake with fried calamari and shrimp cocktail appetizers and of course their sweet potato fries. All yummy! And the dessert sampler was the crowning touch. What a great way to celebrate the holiday season!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in town,JimRDined on 12/24/2013The best restaurant in town, for food, service, decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013This was the best meal on my entire trip which included boston providence NYC and LISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bar area is a little tightDottieDined on 12/18/2013The bar area is a little tight but besides that everything was GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodYummyVIPDined on 12/17/2013Food was phenomenal... Service was great. Even at 9:30pm on a Tuesday night! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantlunchbunchDined on 12/14/2013If you're looking for a place to eat that is consistently good George Martin The Original is the place to go. I have never had a bad meal there.Special Features:
- All goodMikeVIPDined on 12/13/2013Good food We went there for a special occasion. Great steak. A little pricey for regular dinningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAnnieDined on 12/7/2013The food, service and overall experience at George Martin's restaurant was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placeFloraDined on 12/4/2013My husband and I enjoyed a great dinner the other night at George Martin in RVC. We stopped for cocktails at the bar first and had a great time, everyone was very friendly and chatty. Not like most places where if you are not aregular, you just disappear into the woodwork! Dinner was very enjoyable and great wines at affordable prices. Wonderful staff all around from the moment we walked in until we left. Looking forward to going back soon! Kudos to George Martin's staff!Special Features:
- Should go back to the original.....LanieDined on 12/1/2013Good burgers comfort food. Getting a bit too chintzy on portion size while trying to be an upscale eatery. Would be better Returning to their roots and serve regular to large size amounts of the original entrees, soups etc. but it's still a Terrific spot to eat, meet and enjoy a wide variety of foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local GemEatfineVIPDined on 12/1/2013Great variety...everyone was happy with their dishes...Everything was served well,very attractive presentations! Also served properly....Good timing! Other than being a very LOUD REST.....EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family BirthdayStayAwayVIPDined on 11/30/2013We were at GM for my mother in law's birthday. Food was excellent, no one went home hungry, had some glitches in service especially when we were ready to sing Happy Birthday, dessert came out without candle. That was corrected. Overall great time with a large group, we had 12.Special Features: