One Seaport Lane
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tamoboston.com/
- Phone: 6173854304x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday, 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Friday – Saturday, 11:30 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Sunday - Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday, 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Robert Tobin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Experience customized menus from our award-winning culinary team in our variety of private dining rooms or distinctive Action Kitchen. From floral centerpieces to a staff specializing in one-of-a kind experiences, our private dining rooms are the ideal setting for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Williams 8883515245
A word from Tamo
Featuring contemporary cuisine with a distinctive Boston accent, TAMO Bistro & Bar brings you the best that Boston has to offer with hand-crafted cocktails and stylishly presented food inspired by Boston’s famous ethnic neighborhoods, the bounty of New England farms and the Atlantic Ocean at our doorstep.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tamo reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (16)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (7)special occasion (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Location was good for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2012Location was good for the Trade Center. Food was good, atmosphere was good and the service was excellent. Pricey but what do you expect for being in the city. Good location for Trade Center events. I think I would have ventured out if the weather was better, lots of great restaurants in the area.
- The food was EXCELLENT! TheVickyVIPDined on 12/29/2011The food was EXCELLENT! The service was also great. It's too bad there wasn't an outdoor scene since it's right near the harbor. The ambiance was quiet and romantic. The price was very expensive. The only part I didn't particular care for was the automatic 20% Service Charge (tip) applied to the bill.Special Features:
- Went for the prix fixe menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2011Went for the prix fixe menu during Boston Restaurant week; food was very good! Ambiance felt a little lacking, but the excellent menu more than made up for that.Special Features:
- What you would expect in aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2011What you would expect in a hotel. Certainly passable food and service, but not a treat in an area surrounded with fine dining.
- Thank you to the staff atburnsieDined on 5/8/2011Thank you to the staff at Aura for making our first mothers day for my wife special. We made a reservation via open table that would NOT have allowed us to be seated for the mother's day brunch - despite being sold out they found a way to seat us and take great care of us. The food was great as was the service - thanks!
- At Aura, tips are includedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/18/2011At Aura, tips are included in the price...making it cheaper than other places in some cases.Special Features:
- The food and wine pairingsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010The food and wine pairings were fabulous. The seating was less than desirable. We were a party of two situated outside the kitchen and in the main entry walkway. Our service was a little neglectful at times, however, friendly. We would definitely return for another try. Most likely not on New Year's Eve.Special Features:
- Loved my appetizer and entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2010Loved my appetizer and entree - but absolutely hated dessert. I feel like this restaurant is still finding its ground, but has good potential. I'd go back if the opportunity presented itself. Not sure if it's a good sign or not, but they knew who we were when we arrived and addressed me by name, as if they were expecting me.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/5/2010I was pleasantly surprised by the chef's technique and obvious interest in developing flavor.
- Food and service were good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2010Food and service were good. Unfortunately the restaurant is in the lobby of a hotel with a lot of traffic. Depending on where you sit, you can feel like you are actually in the lobby with convention attendees walking by.
- I had big hopes for Aura afterOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/4/2010I had big hopes for Aura after having dined at Om when she was the chef there but I was disappointed. The ambiance is sterile and the food, while well prepared, is BORING and expensive for what it is.
- This was our 3rd visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2010This was our 3rd visit to Aura. Everything was good as usual. Service was a little slow. Our waiter was being pulled in all different directions and he disappeared for a while.Special Features:
- I recently ate here for RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2009I recently ate here for Restaurant Week - Spring 2009 (lunch). The food presentation is beautifully done, however taste is just "normal". There's not a lot of risk in flavor and preparation, etc. The restaurant is nestled in the inner lobby of the Seaport Hotel so there are no "scenic views" of the harbor or surrounding neighborhood. The recent restaurant renovations added "skylight" lighting, made to appear like you're sitting in an atrium with tons of natural sunlight...but this is not the case. However, it has added to the ambiance a bit, as the restaurant used to be quite dark and more fitting for romantic dinner service. It's a nice caliber restaurant for the area, and yet slightly higher priced for the area.Special Features:
- Good Brunch menu - went onOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/10/2009Good Brunch menu - went on Mother's day as it was close to another event we planned to attend. Service was good, but as the dining room got busier we seemed forgotten about - just as we wanted to pay our cheque.
- A wonderful meal, wonderfulNinaLVIPDined on 9/3/2008A wonderful meal, wonderful service, Simply an extraordinary experience, Thank you,Special Features:
- The food was spectacular andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2008The food was spectacular and the restaurant week menu was great. Our waitstaff was amazing and extremely helpful. It was a terrific experience and we will go back.Special Features:
- This was a first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2008This was a first time dining experience at Aura and the food was fantastic. I had heard that it was excellent and Aura certainly lived up to it's expectations. A high recommendation comes easily to this restaurant.Special Features:
- We went for restaurant weeekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2008We went for restaurant weeek and ended up ordering lobster rolls off the regular menue. The presentation and the quality of the food was excellent. The service was supurb.....I like the fact that the tip is added on, and that the server informs you.Special Features:
- Even though it was RW, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2008Even though it was RW, the place was not crowded. Was able to have a relaxing and fun meal. Waiter was friendly and accomodating and interacted with us. One diner had her steak too well done and he took it back without any problems. The banana shortcake was light and a perfect ending to the meal. Portion could have been slightly bigger.Special Features:
- received quite a good dealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2008received quite a good deal on the quality and quantity of food taking into consideration the reduced prices during restaurant week. waiter was very helpful and friendly.
- We scheduled brunch and arrivedpwbeantownDined on 8/17/2008We scheduled brunch and arrived on time. The buffet was not well stocked, but we figured it would be restocked soon, so we waited. Then we were told that an event party was going to have access to the buffet and there would be items we could not have. Essentially, we were being rushed out of the restaurant so they could host the event. Our waiter did a great job of trying to take care of us--he asked us what we wanted, then went into the kitchen to get those items, but it was disturbing to feel like second class citizens. Aura is a very good restaurant; just be sure you are not booking up against an event that will compete for service and attention.
- I kept meaning to try Om asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2008I kept meaning to try Om as I had heard alot of buzz around Chef Rachel Klein. I recently found out that she is the new chef at Aura and decided to try it out for restaurant week. The steak & peaches first course was unique and was absolutely delicious. I went for the lamb for my entree, my wife tried the kajiki both were fantastic, cooked perfect, amazing flavors. Dessert & wine pairings were very good as well. Last night's dinner was easily some of the best food I have ever had. I will be back for sure. We parked in the garage at the Seaport which the restaurant validates down to $5.00 for up to 4 hours, I had banked on $15 parking tab, so this was nice as well.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 8:00OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2008We had a reservation for 8:00 and we weren't seated until about 9:00 that evening. I'm a little disappointed in that. We even noticed that some parties came in later and sat before us because they were able to sit at a larger table. I can understand a few minutes, but with a reservation, I expect to be seated within a reasonable amount of time.
- My husband and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2008My husband and I really enjoyed the diner at Aura. It was for restaurant's week and they had a great menu. The food was excellent and very fresh. Very mouth watering!Special Features:
- Very good - especially forWolfie88Dined on 8/14/2008Very good - especially for a restaurant in a hotel lobby.Special Features:
- Wonderful food.A problem withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2008Wonderful food.A problem with one dish was dealt with quickly and in a more than satisfactory way. We took our 14 year old son for his birthday and he was enthralled with the restaurant (his first high class restaurant) and was unable to finish the birthday desert plate that was brought out for him -- not that he didn't try. He wanted to make reservations for next year now.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2008The food and service were very pleasing. I thought that adding 20% gratuity automatically to the check was a bit heavy handed, though, and it would make me think twice about returning. I could understand adding it for a party of 6+, but not for a party of two. Further, I don't believe everyone tips 20% for the cost of bottles of wine ordered during the meal.Special Features:
- I chose Aura during BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2008I chose Aura during Boston Restaurant week because it had one of the most interesting menus,and was completely delighted since Zagat reviews were so luke warm. To our surprise, the new chef, (from OM, Cambridge...),created 3 delicious courses combining ingredients in subtly distinctive ways. Whet your appetite with the Watermelon Gazpacho or Heirloom Tomatoes (delish!) and if you have the opportunity to finish with the Cherry Tart, do not pass it up! The service was considerately attentive and friendly. Apparently they are also looking forward to redesigning the interior. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- The lunch at Aura exceededOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2008The lunch at Aura exceeded our expectations for taste, service, and ambience. The choices offered during Restaurant Week were prepared for visual as well as gustatory pleasures. The presentation by the wait staff only enhanced the experience. The wait staff was particularly helpful with respect to wine choices. Every course was enjoyed thoroughly. The meat was cooked exactly as asked and was easily sliced with a regular knife. The bean dip served with the bread and butter was not extraordinary..Special Features:
- Needs a little more flare.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2008Needs a little more flare. More pictures or flowers or both!Special Features:
- Delicious food though limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2008Delicious food though limited menu only three choices for each course. Service was excellent though a 20% service charge is included so it should be. Ambiance was only fair because the decor was lackluster and it has that generic hotel restaurant feel.Special Features:
- odd that there was a manadatorybusinesstravelerDined on 8/11/2008odd that there was a manadatory 15% service charge for our party of 3Special Features:
- great to see Chef Klein backalysiabVIPDined on 8/2/2008great to see Chef Klein back in action. Truly innovative cuisine A wonderful findSpecial Features:
- We went before a concert atLolaDined on 7/30/2008We went before a concert at the Fleet Pavilion and based on the restaurant's website expected a pre-concert prix fixe menu. That was not available the evening we were there so we had to order a la carte. Overall, I didn't think we got much for our money. The entrees we ordered were in the $30+ range and frankly there was not that much food on the plate. It was presented nicely and well prepared but not enough to warrant the price! I would not return. We did get free validated parking and that was a plus.
- I had the breakfast buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2008I had the breakfast buffet and it was delicious and the waiters were incredibly nice and remembered me when I went back the next daySpecial Features:
- As always, some of the bestAlbieVIPDined on 7/1/2008As always, some of the best service in the entire City of Boston. Our server overheard us mention that is was one of the group's birthdays and a delicious piece of cake was deliverd at no charge. Always an enjoyable place to dine.Special Features:
- My husband and I returnedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/28/2008My husband and I returned for our first wedding anniversary after getting married at the Seaport. The service was exceptional, food was unbelivable, and the chef even sent out a dessert while wishing us a "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. This restaurant is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- Excellent location for entertainingBizDevGalVIPDined on 6/26/2008Excellent location for entertaining clients for lunch. Good bar for after work.Special Features:
- The room was freezing, evenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2008The room was freezing, even for the men in the group.Special Features:
- I waited a while for my lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/23/2008I waited a while for my lunch to arrive, even the waiter apologized for the untimeliness. The table seating next to the glass wall/separator to the hotel was shaking as people walked by.