49 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.triompheny.com/
- Phone: 2124534233
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00pm. Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Florian Wehrli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Triomphe restaurant offers private dining in for both lunch and dinner with customized menu packages available. Lantern's Keep located through the lobby of the Iroquois Hotel is host for a variety of private events. With dark wood decor, elegant fireplace and in room bar it is an ideal space for a private lunch or dinner, family reunion or wedding ceremony and reception. Also available is the intimate New York Library seating up to 10, as well as our luxurious Private Dining Suite sure to impress up to 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ivo Couto 2124534233x
A word from Triomphe
Gracious service and elegant cuisine dominate at this highly acclaimed "Jewel Box" of a restaurant. Whether for pre- or post-theater, lunch, or an intimate dinner, Triomphe is sure to strike just the right note. For seasonal French-American cuisine with an international flair, Triomphe triumphs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Triomphe reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (21)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- mediocre at bestRaleighSocialitesDined on 3/27/2014The food was unimpressive at best. The steak was OK but the chicken was so bad we sent it back. Service was snooty and lackluster. Would not reccomend it.
- Perfect for Special OccasionEmZzDined on 3/21/2014Very classy french restaurant, perfect for special occasion such as anniversary, mother's day, etc. Great food (not a lot of options, but all apps and 4 entrees we ordered are really good), good wine list too. Desserts are okay, a little bit weak ending... we ordered 4 different ones, the bread pudding was good, but too much sweetness/sauce, and nothing special. The other ones are just okay, not really french. Overall the food and atmosphere is pretty good.Special Features:
- Creative chef - Excellent serviceABSSouthOrangeDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful presentation of creatively put together food, beautifully presented. Fish was cooked to perfection. Server respected our time restraints with out making us feel rushed. Great choice for theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceabayDined on 3/21/2014Food was fantastic. Everything was fresh, and flavored superbly. Location was within two blocks of times square. Prices were expensive, but not as much as some of the other high end places in the theater district. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchTonyVIPDined on 3/21/2014Service was efficient, and food was above average. Would I return? Probably.
- This is an attractive restaurantLarryVIPDined on 3/21/2014This is an attractive restaurant in an intimate space. The chef specials are interesting but sometimes do not come off just right. (Tough monkfish, no salt, etc.). The staff is friendly and tries hard to please. I do like the dining room which is comfortable and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific and timelyBethyDined on 3/20/2014Triomphe is a place for foodies, and this occasion was no exception. But even better now, they have a prix-fixe 60 minute lunch and all three courses were sensationally good and worth every penny. Will definitely come back for other important business lunches.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchResrvoirDined on 3/20/2014I took someone to Triomphe for lunch to celebrate her retirement. I had indicated what the occasionwas when I booked the table on Open Table. We had a lovely lunch and the service was wonderful. They were solicitous and friendly. It helped that the restaurant was not full, so that the noise level was low. Anyway, the food was good. It is a good place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Triomphe triumphseosccVIPDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I had an excellent meal April 15 at Triomphe. The two salads were generous and very good. The lobster meat over risotto with vegetables was out of this world. The risotto was plain, but soaked up the sauce from the lobster pieces. It was the best I have ever tasted. The chicken was a bit too dry, but with the sauce, it was very good. The maitre d' could not have been more welcoming. Our server was adequate, but did not voluntarily explain some of the dishes, like another server did. We have always enjoyed our meals at Triomphe, since we first discovered it about eight years ago. My only disappointment is that Triomphe is 225 miles from my home, and our visits, therefore, are limited.Special Features:
- Fabulous breakfast!GalicianRoseVIPDined on 3/8/2014I love having breakfast at Triomphe. Once again I opted for the Belgian Waffle with seasonal fruit. It was delicious and satisfying, exemplifying the perfect meal prior to spending the day at The Morgan Museum. The service is always wonderful, the menu offers numerous options and the atmosphere is tranquil. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingcocoajoeDined on 3/4/2014not as good as previous visits in the past. The chicken was tough and busy with sauce etc...... could have been simpler The salad read well on the menu, but didn't deliver The Ardic Char was fine.
- Wasn't that impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014The food wasn't what I expected it to be. The scallops were delicious but they were SO crusted with the hazelnuts that you could barely even taste them - I had to scrape off the topping. Was a bit disappointed. But the room was beautiful and it was nice for an intimate meal.
- Love it when a chef pays attention!mlibenDined on 2/20/2014Wife and I went on recommendation suggestion from friend. Loved it. Service was understated but attentive. Food was fabulous. We had the discovery menu including scrumptious squash soup and rack of lamb. Will definitely go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I chose Triomphe for a preOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014I chose Triomphe for a pre theater dinner because I wanted a quiet room to have a discussion and good food. I was very happy with my choice. The food was quite wonderful. Artic char with a orange beurre blanc and wilted greens was delicious and served by a charming waiter. If you are looking for a place with a lot of buzz however this would not be the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is a hiddenFrequenttravelerDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. Wonderful, in every way!Special Features:
- A disappointmentjr2204VIPDined on 2/14/2014Very helpful reception service, nice room, but everything else disappointing: food ordinary, wines undistinguished (and with pairings sold only per couple, in half bottles rather than the customary glasses: as one member of our two couples does not drink, we were forced to waste money for excess wine) -- nor did the servers know anything about them. At close to $800 for four people, this was wildly unacceptable ...
- Valentine's Day Home Run!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014We partook of their Valentine's Day Pre-fix meal, and it was incredible! From the appetizers through a chocolate/cheesecake dessert which melted in our mouth, every bite was an explosion of flavors in our mouths ..... Definitely a "do-over!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We came for the Valentines Day tasting menu, so I can't speak to quality of Triomphe's standard menu. However, if one was to assume that their standard fair is equal to or better than their tasting menu, (same chef, same care in production of the food), then it is safe to say that Triomphe's food is exceptional. Each dish was thoughtfully created, and presented and cooked to perfection. The service was wonderful. The waiter was attentive but knew when to give us our space. He was also knowledgeable about the food and the wine. The restaurant itself was beautiful and quiet, good for a date on a special occasion. Overall, it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DelightMikeJefeDined on 2/14/2014The food was savory and seasoned to perfection. My girlfriend loved the Seared foie gras w Duck confit napoleon. The stuffed Filet Mignon was perfectly cooked medium. This place is a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Classic FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2014This is a small, classic white table cloth French restaurant with impeccable service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in NYCChaddBDined on 2/8/2014He had a fantastic dinner. Took my wife there for her 40th birthday and she has blown away too. The food, the service, the cool, dimly-lit ambience were perfect. I had a beef tenderloin. She had Arctic char. Both were delicious. The chef used to own a restaurant in Colorado that we've loved so we had to try Triomphe when we visited NYC. Well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try the specialsdonnahlVIPDined on 2/1/2014Everything on the special tasting menu was excellent. Throoughly enjoyed our dinner -- food, service, relaxed atmosphere. Definitely falls into the "we'll be back" category.Special Features:
- Fine Food, Gracious ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Triomphe is a lovely restaurant with excellent food and exceptionally gracious service. It seems like a labor of love by its chef and its staff, all of whom are charming and supportive of one another. The food was excellent, the scallops, beef and ginger crème brulee were especially tasty, and the chef has a nice way of bringing his personal touch to more traditional dishes. We were headed to the theatre but didn't feel rushed in the least. All in all a delightful find and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing a beat!FoodiewexpVIPDined on 1/30/2014Location, ambiance but why such tiny portions and don't they know fish should not be over cooked? Maybe they had an off day but thank goodness the bread was good because the portions were lacking.Special Features:
- A decent French restaurantgerryVIPDined on 1/29/2014A decent French restaurant in the heart of Theaterland. Some dishes much better than others. Order carefully.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater Gem - encore!GloriaVIPDined on 1/28/2014Our second time here and still think this restaurant is a "triomphe"! What a lovely find for pre/post ANY event, but it sure is near a lot of shows;two of us had small plates and one the foie gras and steak! Very good, all;it really is a mid-town gem of a place, small, cozy and very attentive, and warm staff;please do try it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJohnDined on 1/25/2014Recommended by a friend as a way to celebrate my sweetheart's birthday, Triomph was outstanding. The food was great as was our waitress Jessica. Recommend it highly.Special Features:
- deliciousDossieDined on 1/25/2014This is a very special place, which has a lovely atmosphere and amazing food, which never disappoints. The service, however, was rather slow, mainly because of a waitress who was passive-agressive at best, and downright rude towards the end. We watched her fawn over others, while she ignored us, and we are really nice people!!Special Features:
- Surprisingly Pleasat Little PlaceStreetguyVIPDined on 1/23/2014Triomphe has good basic food prepared well. My wife's hazelnut coated scallops was especially good as well as butter poached lobster. Nothing creative, but everything cooked just right. Excellent service with the right amount of friendliness--the servers communicated that they cared. The restaurant is really a funny little room. But a wonderful place for a pleasant, relaxed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulrichVIPDined on 1/17/2014We've been coming here for about 8 years, and the food has always been the best. The service has been outstanding. We've never been disappointed. Every time we're in New York, this is a must !!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an OK PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/9/2014Nothing outstanding and not a single bad thing. Will certainly return just for the foodSpecial Features:
- Excellent!NaplesVacationersDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I went there for the second time before the Broadway show. This time we've also treated my sister to the dinner and show for her birthday. We all had a wonderful time. We've sent out compliments to the chef and he came in a little while to grit us. He is surprisingly young and very good looking.Special Features:
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/28/2013Went pre-theatre on a Saturday night. Meal was very good, service was a bit uneven, decor and noise level were perfect. Had the lobster, spouse had the Char; both we rated very good as were the appetizers and desert. We had 6:00 pm reservations but arrived at 6:30. Not a problem. Staff was very pleasant and understands virtually everyone there needs to be out by 7:45pm. Would definitely return.
- I was looking for a nice placebanet62Dined on 12/28/2013I was looking for a nice place to dine after a Broadway show. After some research I found Triomphe. The ambiance of the restaurant was very nice and it had a quiet romantic feel to it. The food was excellent and the service was great. The manager came by and greeted me and my guest at our table. I would recommend anyone looking for a great restaurant to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and special locale.GalicianRoseVIPDined on 12/28/2013I enjoy coming here for breakfast whenever I go to NY. This time my mom and I stopped here for a post-holiday breakfast before heading out to Rockefeller Plaza. We each enjoyed delicious coffee and the Belgian waffle with fresh seasonal fruit. Absolutely delicious. The service is wonderful as always. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- b'way diningBarryDined on 12/26/2013Quiet, really good food in the Broadway theater district. Highly recommend espcially if you like good food.Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceMLSDCVIPDined on 12/26/2013We went to Triomphe for a pre-theater dinner as part our special night out while visiting NY. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Our waitress, Jennifer, arrived promptly and was attentive throughout the evening. The food itself is what I would expect for the price paid. Too often higher priced restaurant do not have food that rises to that extra bump in price, Triomphe succeeded in making me feel my money was well spent. The flavors of the dishes were well developed with good contrasts that really enhanced the inherent flavor of the core ingredients. My only complaint was the apparent AWOL of the foie gras was in my appetizer. Confit and pear were awesome but would have expected the foie gras to be more obvious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet rendevous findRed1Dined on 12/26/2013Finally a place ti have a converaation. Menu with good selection. Steak to vegetarian. Convenient to theater. Would definitelt go again. Would be smart to have a fruit xhoice fordessert,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theater dinnerToniDined on 12/26/2013Very tasty lovely quiet place a few blocks east of time squareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated in bar area ratherasdf987Dined on 12/21/2013Seated in bar area rather than back. Good for people watching however we were more looking for the romantic. Hoping to be in the back room next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.