Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
9018 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcielo.com/
- Phone: 3102769990x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
Lunch - 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday:
Lunch - 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Lunch - Closed
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.*
(*We may be closed for a private event on select Sundays)
Monday - Friday
Drinks 4:30 - 8:00 p.m
Food 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pasquale Vericella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering in your home or ours. Please contact our Events Department.
- Special Events: Il Cielo Happy Hour!
Monday - Friday. 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
$5 House Wine & Prosecco
$8 Small Plates
A word from Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
Benvenuto! For over 28 years , Il Cielo has brought "the sky" to Beverly Hills. Often called "the most romantic restaurant in Los Angeles" Il Cielo is more than just an Italian restaurant. It is a landmark. With fine dining for lunch and dinner, private rooms and tranquil gardens, Il Cielo is the perfect location for almost any occasion, day or night. Il Cielo has established itself as a place to impress; "A country restaurant in the city". We hope you will join us soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (102)great for outdoor dining (88)special occasion (82)neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (22)good for groups (18)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (10)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- I had high hopes when I bookedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008I had high hopes when I booked il cielo for our anniversary dinner. I had heard a lot about it and read some great reviews. The restaurant itself was very peaceful and delicate. We sat in the outside patio which is definately the place to sit if you decide to go there. But for me, it all comes down to the food. The food was in no way poor, but I was very disappointed with the serving size. The prices of certain dishes didn't justify the price. I might have expected this portion size at a french restaurant, but not at an italian restaurant. Yes, I know it was fine dining etc. but still, the mushroom risotto ran for $27 and was a meer small cup of it. The rack of lamb was delicous, but 4 pieces for $38, again not justified. Left still hungrySpecial Features:
- We were very excited to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/16/2008We were very excited to try this restaurant because it is always mentioned as one of the most romantic in our area. The food was unfortunately not good. There are several other restaurants nearby that are much better. There also was a very loud group near us that also made the spot seem even less romantic, which would have been the one positive part of our experience.
- It is a very beautiful restaurantSmilkysGyrlDined on 5/11/2008It is a very beautiful restaurant but for the price on mother's day the food was not what I had expected but other than that it was enjoyable.Special Features:
- By far, the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2008By far, the best restaurant that I have been to! My girlfriend and I were celebrating her b-day, and she loved everything about the restaurant. From the warm greeting, to the terrific service throughout, and the magnificent chocolate-heart dessert, the entire experience was wonderful! Every other so-called "elegant" restaurant in the LA area needs to pick up a few pointers from Il Cielo. The restaurant is moderately expensive, but this is one of the unique places that is worth every penny you pay. We will certainly come again!Special Features:
- A wonderful experience forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/29/2008A wonderful experience for our anniversary. The manager even gave us a tour of the entire place after our dessert. We will be back for other occasions.Special Features:
- With any dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/28/2008With any dining experience, I expect a minimum level of professional competence from the server. This admittedly is not even a high standard to meet, since its not at the same level as Charlie Trotter's in Chicago, but at least what you get from the In-N-Out Burger on Sunset. I will spend some time this weekend listing the particulars elsewhere online, but in brief... - The server took ten minutes to even approach the table on our arrival. He didn't offer his name or any specials, only our water preference. - The busboy ended up taking our drink orders. - Service for the appetizers and entrees took over an hour and 20 minutes. During this time, we saw our server exactly once. The entire meal took over 2 hours. No explanations were give
- The atmosphere was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008The atmosphere was amazing. The waiter was excellent, he was able to cater to all our needs. I also brought my four year old niece and he was fantastic with her. He kept her busy and etertained while we waited for our food. I think that the service and food at Il Cielo is defintely something to tell my friends about. Thank You again for the wonderful time.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008Had a wonderful time. Food was excellent and setting was fantastic. Highly recommend it to others. Thank you for accommodating our request for a quiet romantic table in the corner, next time would love to dine on the patio.Special Features:
- The ambiance is really beatitfulAileenDined on 4/3/2008The ambiance is really beatitful but I was surprised with the how EXPENSIVE it was for food that was not great. Please change the rating from $$ to $$$$.Special Features:
- The food was so overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/3/2008The food was so overpriced for what it was! Everything was delicious, but about $5-10 more than what it should have been. Pasta with shrimp for $27? Mediterranean sea bass for $40? Totally not worth it! and to give it 2 - $$ signs is a misconception. It should have at least 3. And the worst part was we shared a spinach salad ($14.00) and they charged us $4.00 to split it! Ridiculous. I will never go back there!
- Great atmosphere, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/2/2008Great atmosphere, attentive service, excellent food. Perfect lunch place for warm sunny days.Special Features:
- Pretty good, it was a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2008Pretty good, it was a nice romantic setting, great for impressing the ladies...Special Features:
- Dining at Il Cielo I was transporteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008Dining at Il Cielo I was transported back to Italy and had a delightfully delicious evening from the moment we arrived till when we walked out the door. I had the endive salad for starters which I loved followed by the Veal shank which was one of the specials of the evening. At first I was hesitant to order it as I thought the veal and the creamy polenta might be too rich, but then our extremely charming and knowledgeable waiter, Michael assured me it wasn't and he was right as it was fabulous! We even managed to make room for dessert sharing the irresistible Tiramisu and even the chocolate souffle was worth waiting the 20 minutes it takes to prepare for. The Limoncello served at the end was a nice touch.Special Features:
- The waiter was very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/22/2008The waiter was very attentive and he had a terrific sense of humor. Service was excellent and very Italian. All the wait staff was accessible, not just your actual waiter. We didn't have to wait a second to get seated which was refreshing. The menu offers fewer dishes than I am accustomed to but the food was delicious. The ambiance is very romantic, you tend to forget you're in Beverly Hills, dining under the stars, literally. I LOVE the fact that the waiter did not push for bottled water which seem de rigeur nowadays at any restaurant, the atmosphere was welcoming, warm like a friend's home. The service was genuinely warm and friendly, not this forced and fake cammaraderie you get at places like Bond St.My mom would love this place!Special Features:
- Very cliche! Don't go herePhlipVIPDined on 1/30/2008Very cliche! Don't go here unless you're looking for a "Lady and the Tramp" moment.Special Features:
- Very Romantic good for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2007Very Romantic good for a special occasion. Menu is a bit small and should offer more choicesSpecial Features:
- This is the place to takeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/17/2007This is the place to take your sweetheart AND eat well.Special Features: