560 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaslight560.com/
- Phone: 6174220224x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mike Zetner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through us directly or through DiningIn.com
- Entertainment: Ambiant music
- Special Events: Restaurant is available BRUNCH starting at $20/person and DINNER starting at $45/person for semi-private dining for groups of 10-50 people (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip).
Private Party Facilities: Call us today for a Private Event from 100 to 250. We would be happy to host your special occasion!
Our sister restaurant Cinquecento, an Italian trattoria also located in the South End with its own free parking lot has a private room that holds up to 48 for seated dinner and 75 for cocktail receptions 617-338-9500.
- Cross Street: Waltham St.
- Public Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking in our adjacent lot nightly during the week and all day and evening on weekends.
A word from Gaslight
Gaslight is a French Brasserie celebrating our 4 year anniversary and our Boston Magazine award for Best French Brasserie. Starting in early spring, we have a wonderful heated patio, which is offset from all traffic and enclosed to create a romantic atmosphere. Inside, we have a full bar, 100% French wine list and free parking. We serve dinner nightly and brunch every Saturday and Sunday morning. We were voted "Boston's Best Brunch 2012" by Boston Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaslight reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (157)fit for foodies (156)great for brunch (111)special occasion (109)romantic (108)great for outdoor dining (104)good for groups (98)vibrant bar scene (54)hot spot (51)notable wine list (47)late-night find (26)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (3)Show More
- First time - had high expectationsjmrmjkDined on 6/14/2014First visit - heard great things. Arrived for res 6pm - not busy, but little attitude at host stand. Was sat in furthest table by bathroom & kitchen entrances. Kind of sucked since was our anniversary dinner. There were MANY open tables that were better & there were still some open when we left at 7:30. Initially our server was late - sat for more than 5 min without a hello. Then things got better. I will say the food we ordered was amazing! Everything tasty and prepared perfectly. Server changed after our drink order - and the new server was very nice and provided excellent service. Our lemon-drop martinis were okay - first was good, second was hardly drinkable - too strong. But we managed! Dessert was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Very pleasant atmosphere. Wonderful service every time. Great for brunch or dinner. Delicious food, trendy, yet kid-friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved ithelovedusfirstDined on 6/13/2014i don't usually write reviews so keeping this very short and to the point: amazing food (girlfriend said best duck confit she's ever had between her years in Paris and Boston), fantastic service, and romantic, yet relaxed atmosphere. No pretentiousness at all from staff and great place.Special Features:
- The southside findBeardsleyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We arrived about 40 minutes early for our reservation. Brian at the bar was a delight recommended a delicious tart appetizer and started off the evening on a great note. The restaurant is vibrant and charming and the food delicious. We will definitely return. Service was awesome. Thanks Zach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Ok, Very noisyLeFromagerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Food was ok, service was good, restaurant is exceptionally noisy w all the jibber jabber reverberating off tile walls. Wine list is too expensive, possibly because all the wines are French, which leaves out plenty of good wines/wine values from around the world. Very disappointed in house-made foie gras pate which was too salty. Escargots were very good.
- Favorite Spot in Town!southendjayDined on 6/12/2014Gaslight never disappoints! The food, service and drinks were amazing (as always) and I can't wait to come back again. The pork chop practically melted in my mouth and the steak tartare was the best I've ever had. I can't say enough about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatshm56Dined on 6/11/2014This place feels like it should be a tourist spot.. the food was fair at best.. the hosts were very unhelpful and aloof.. our server was lovely, but as I said the food was only passable
- Perfect ExperienceWinnerWinnerChickenDinnerDined on 6/11/2014Had a great time. There's a free parking lot right next to the restaurant. We arrived early for our reservation but they were still able to accommodate us. Service was excellent. The waitstaff really knew the food and were able to explain everything we ordered. Most important part: the food was delicious! It's pricey but I'll definitely come back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu, amazing seafood!LindsayDined on 6/10/2014I've been to Gaslight 4 times now, and it's becoming a go-to for bringing friends who are visiting from out of town. When friends visit, I want to take them to a seafood place, and Gaslight is the perfect blend of great seafood + unique charm. The wine list is superb (as is the beer list, which includes choices from Montreal and France), and the ambiance is fancy but not stuffy. I'll keep coming back to this place time and time again. Plus, you can't beat the free parking right next door!Special Features:
- Food good; Gaps in ServiceTouristJoeVIPDined on 6/8/2014Table cloth dirty so requested change-out. They blamed it on the linen company ... but, really, fresh pasta stains do not come from a linen company. Had to ask for a spoon for the soup ... spoon arrived, encrusted with old cheese, so had to request a new one. Sat on outdoor patio on a warm Sunday evening near sundown, which was fantastic, quiet, calm, lovely. Staff were friendly. Food was good. Service was genial ... just not professional: (1) a server should always check to make sure the silverware is already set at the table before the course arrives and (2) make sure it's clean before putting it in front of a customer. Likewise, a true professional inspects a white table cloth before seating someone to ensure it's fresh and clean.Special Features:
- VASTLY UNDERRATEDTAC1VIPDined on 6/7/2014After my 2nd meal at Gaslight, I can firmly place it in my top 10 best restaurants in Boston. I'm surprised it does not get more hype. The food is amazing...close to if not equal some of it's overpriced/overhyped French competition and without the stuffy atmosphere. Service was great and even parking - which can be tricky in that neighborhood - is easy (and free). I won't go so far as to say it's the BEST food in town, but it might be the best value. Gaslight is officially in our regular rotation for dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceRitaCDined on 6/7/2014This was a date night for my husband and me. It reminded us of a restaurant in NYC we were at last month. The fish entrees were fabulous. The fondue appetizer was very good. We will visit again. ALSO, there is free pkg in the lot at this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014The service was impeccable. Everyone was so nice- from the person who held the door for me and welcomed me in, to the hostess, to the waiter. Great atmosphere. My steak wasn't very good but everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time!SensationalSixDined on 6/7/2014We've been here a number of times with groups from 2 to 8. ALWAYS a great meal!Special Features:
- margDined on 6/3/2014We had dinner at 6:00 and although the restaurant was empty the hostess gave us the worst table ( next to the restrooms) when we asked to change she moved to another table (not to far ) with a very small table and space.Special Features:
- Great experience!AndrewDined on 6/1/2014Great food with great service! Will definitely go back. The baguette they bring to the table to start was amazing!Special Features:
- Lovely Brunch ExperienceJacbostDined on 6/1/2014I am a frequent diner at Gaslight, so this is not my first visit or review. I went with a friend for brunch on Sunday. We ended up there on the early side (9:30 am) as all the prime time reservations were gone. It was actually better for a number of reasons. First of all, we sat outside in the beautiful weather and it was early enough to be suitable for quiet conversation. The food was very good and our waiter was delightful. Secondly, the free parking lot is used for food truck staging for the Sunday Farmers Market. If we had dined later, the normally hassle free parking would have been a hassle. Gaslight is a tried and true favorite. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadowVIPDined on 5/28/2014Service was exceptionally bad. Been there many times and have never had bad service. Don't know if it was the waiter or the kitchen.
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2014Our first visit to this restaurant. Excellent food. Excellent service. We will happily return.Special Features:
- A really fine experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/26/2014Except two over-salted salads, everything was superb. The charcuterie plate was excellent (not something I would normally order, but this was impressive). Ditto for trout and everything else. Excellent service and explanations were a plus too. Hope to go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Always good when I come here, love the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gab2014Dined on 5/25/2014Gaslight is very loud and busy on Sundays. I didn't realize that it would be a big and busy place for brunch. Service was terrible with our food coming more than 20minutes later. Don't expect a quiet brunch. Food was Ok. Wait staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch spot!GracieDined on 5/25/2014Went for brunch; having spent a lot of time in France, we're quite critical of pastries, but the assorted pastry basket at the Gaslight was delicious. The croissants and pain au chocolat were very authentic tasting and the blueberry muffin was one of the best I've had in a long time. Also, the poached eggs were stellar. Great selection of brunch cocktails. Would definitely recommend this place for brunch and plan to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!AMayes329Dined on 5/24/2014My fiance' and I were in town for a meeting, and a friend recommended trying Gaslight while we were in town. We had a great experience! Wonderful atmosphere, and the food was outstanding!!! The escargot appetizer was great. Both of our entrees (salmon and tuna) were unique, good portion size, and very flavorful! Great service.... great energy in the restaurant. Would definitely go back and definitely recommend it! Only negative thing would be that the tables are close together in some places, which didn't bother us, but may bother someone wanting to have a more intimate date night.Special Features:
- The following 2713 reviews are from the Gaslight reviews archive.
- Good Food!FoodforthoughtDined on 5/24/2014Really good food and service Had a food tasting table (planning party etc). Table very loud as well as very busy with waiter always there. We were 1 foot from them and waiter kept squeezing in with backside always facing us! Steak, fries and desserts were very good Drinks were very expensive and small ($44 for 4 drinks)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A business plusEmptyNesterVIPDined on 5/22/2014I was originally supposed to host a much bigger dinner at one of the major business entertainment restaurants in town. Then travel delays whittled the group down to two people besides myself. Given that I knew both of these colleagues love good food and great restaurants, I made a gameday decision and moved to Gaslight. I'm so glad I did. From the cocktails at the bar to shared hors d'oeuvres (escargot, foie gras, beef tartar), to the final espresso and tea, every thing we ordered elicited a satisfied "ah!" from this very jaded group. We all agreed it was one of the best business dinners of the year for each of us. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good food in SOWA district.BackBayArtistVIPDined on 5/21/2014A great place to eat in Boston's SOWA art district. This was a romantic evening, with two couples. One couple ate a plate of charcuterie as an appetizer while we waited for the other couple. Wines were good. Salade Niçoise was generous and delicious. Trout-lover enjoyed his meal. The ambiance was lively, but didn't interfere with our conversation. Our waiter was very knowledgeable. It was a hit all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liveoakjackDined on 5/21/2014Reliably comfortable and covers good range of food, bar and wine list options with perfect service and a transporting French bistro vibe. Free, ample parking, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationLSP2Dined on 5/17/2014We had a lovely time dining and celebrating my daughter's graduation. Kelly, our waitress was exceptional!Special Features:
- Another great visitdinerDined on 5/17/2014We had five for a belated Mother’s Day. The staff was very friendly and wonderfully accommodating about a table change and an order mixup, neither of which were a problem for us. We had a great time and the food was very good. Our third time there, and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French VibeChelseaDined on 5/17/2014I always love a great authentic French vibe! This place was fun and a little get-away.Special Features:
- Good food not worth the waitWhyDoWeNowNeedNicknamesVIPDined on 5/15/2014Arrived at 8:25 for an 8:30 reservation for 6 on a Thursday. Seated at 8:55, with apologies for the delay. Wine ordered at 9:05, delivered at 9:15. Food ordered at 9:25. Appetizers arrived 28 minutes later at 9:53. 37 minutes after our appetizers came our entrees (2 full hours after we arrived for our reservation). The food was very good, but when I asked our server why I hadn't received aioli with my pommes frites, he told me it's "technically not included." The name of the dish I ordered and for which I was charged is "Pommes Frîtes with aioli!" Our waiter was inattentive and unhelpful. The manager was very nice and bought us a round of champagne after dinner, but his kindness and the good food were overshadowed by the abysmal service.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerShelTVIPDined on 5/15/2014We've eaten here often. Food is very good & authentic. What sets it apart is attention to detail & service. We were wished a Happy Annvy. by several staff & received a free glass of champagne. My steak was overcooked. Immediately replaced with apology & item taken off the bill. Mistakes happen, but manager & server showed class & handled it well. My wife enjoyed her fish dinner & we shared a tasty charcuterie appetizer. Chocolate beignet dessert sinful & yummy.Special Features:
- leedinesLeedinesDined on 5/14/2014The matire d', wine steward (with great jacket), wait staff, et al were exceptionally welcoming and service-oriented. Never have I had a better steak fritte (bavette steak). The french fries were crisp, hot, and not greasy. Only criticism of restaurant is the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Being in ParisJMcF8108Dined on 5/12/2014Everytime I visit the Gaslight, I wonder why I don't go more often and become a "regular". Living north of Boston, it takes less than 30 minutes to get to the restaurant. It's like stepping back in time to the 1930's. The service, the food, the atmosphere, the bar area - everything is perfect.Special Features:
- Kiddie Brunch Anyone?SoupOrSaladVIPDined on 5/10/2014Our relaxing Saturday morning brunch last weekend was very disapointing. Such a waste of time and money! One kid directly in my line of view was in a high chair throwing a ball into the dining area where waitstaff was walking with trays of food. His parents repeatedly returned the ball to him so he could continue pitching practice. Another highchair kid to my left, whining and crying that he wanted his parents food instead of his own; so of course, they gave it to him. I guess he WILL do that again. And best of all was the guy directly to my right who decided to lift his baby over his shoulder and aim its screaming away from HIS companions and towards us instead; then he burped it, about 18 inches from my face while I was eating. UGH!Special Features:
- Great place for Sunday BrunchrexricoDined on 5/4/2014We like to take our family to the Gaslight in Boston. The area is great and you can find parking in the near by parking lot. The kids love the bread basket filled with muffins and croissants. Everything was yummy and great service. The manager did his best to make sure our table was ready in time for our 2pm reservation. Reservations are a must since this place is popular during the weekend!Special Features:
- Second Time and Counting!Cat1Dined on 4/29/2014This was our second time at Gaslight and it continues to surpass my expectations. Excellent menu and wine, knowledgeable and friendly wait staff, perfect ambiance. Love this place!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/27/2014Service was above and beyond great. The porkchop was one of the best I've ever had. The ambiance was perfect for dinner and good conversation.Special Features:
- MonaDined on 4/27/2014Dinner here is amazing. You can't go wrong with pretty much any dish you get. Brunch is good too, but not as great. I love the atmosphere for brunch so I come anyway. You just have to be super careful with what you order. You MUST try their pain au chocolate (chocolate crossaint)- it's so soft, fluffy and fresh! Their onion soup is awesome too, if you can have soup at brunch. Do NOT get the poached eggs a la Bearnaise (with kale)- doesn't taste good at all! My friends got the Croque-Madame and the Le Philippe Sandwich, and they said they were amazing! Steak and eggs is good too!Special Features: