560 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaslight560.com/
- Phone: 6174220224x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mike Zetner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through us directly or through DiningIn.com
- Entertainment: Ambiant music
- Special Events: Restaurant is available BRUNCH starting at $20/person and DINNER starting at $45/person for semi-private dining for groups of 10-50 people (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip).
Private Party Facilities: Call us today for a Private Event from 100 to 250. We would be happy to host your special occasion!
Our sister restaurant Cinquecento, an Italian trattoria also located in the South End with its own free parking lot has a private room that holds up to 48 for seated dinner and 75 for cocktail receptions 617-338-9500.
- Cross Street: Waltham St.
- Public Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking in our adjacent lot nightly during the week and all day and evening on weekends.
A word from Gaslight
Gaslight is a French Brasserie celebrating our 4 year anniversary and our Boston Magazine award for Best French Brasserie. Starting in early spring, we have a wonderful heated patio, which is offset from all traffic and enclosed to create a romantic atmosphere. Inside, we have a full bar, 100% French wine list and free parking. We serve dinner nightly and brunch every Saturday and Sunday morning. We were voted "Boston's Best Brunch 2012" by Boston Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaslight reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (157)fit for foodies (156)great for brunch (111)special occasion (109)romantic (108)great for outdoor dining (104)good for groups (98)vibrant bar scene (54)hot spot (51)notable wine list (47)late-night find (26)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (3)Show More
- Loved itshoelovesfoodDined on 8/6/2014Great outdoor dining patio on a beautiful day. Food selections were fresh and tasty as always. Loved the desserts.Special Features:
- Birthday brunchPartyof9VIPDined on 8/3/2014Gaslight, thank you so much for your great service. I went for my 30th birthday for brunch with 8 other friends. I have never been treated like a regular customer in a larger group. Normally restaurants forget that you will have a large tab and act inconvenienced. I felt really welcomed and accomodated! Our waiter brought us our drinks and food prompltly and made us feel special. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslight is very goodDRM1310Dined on 8/2/2014We had a very good, although not great meal. If you are looking for above average food at a fair price delivered with friendly service this is an excellent choice. It has a great bar and bar scene. It is noisy but that is due to the subway tile walls. The staff was excellent. They were very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/1/2014My food was fantastic! My two sisters and I all got the lobster gnocchi. It was probably one if the best things I've ever eaten! Service was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!andreanrjVIPDined on 7/30/2014I eat at Gaslight at every opportunity. They serve classic French bistro fare. I lived in France for two years, and Gaslight's food is the closest to the real thing I have found. Not too fussy and over the top, but more than enough for adventurous foodies. The bar steak and duck confit are my go-tos. The escargot appetizer is amazing. Wine list is fabulous. Perfect for couples and groups. Bar scene is great for before or after the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for brunchSkyrunner83Dined on 7/29/2014I have been going to Gaslight for several years and have tried their brunch many times. I LOVE their brunch. Had dinner there the other night, and it was just alright. Food was a bit salty. The pork chop was good, but the steak frites in our opinion, though highly rated, was just okay. Very attentive wait staff and always a pleasant environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceBenitoDined on 7/28/2014My wife I , went there last Monday ( July 28) when we arrive , our first contact with the staff , was very good. They take time to explain about the menu.Good service ,Good food and the wine list is very acceptable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 7/27/2014They should do brunch right or get out of the brunch business. One of us ordered eggs and toast. They only toast avail was wheat. No english muffins, no other breads- really?? Another one ordered the wheat toast and got the most pathetic serving of toast I ever saw. Weak menu and quality of food is just ok.
- Early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I had the Croque Madame, which was wonderful. It came with frites and a side salad. Frites were just fabulous! I had enough leftover for lunch the next day. My husband had mussels, also with frites. Hi soaked up the broth with the extra bread they brought. Service here is always gracious. As suburbanites, we appreciate the free parking just next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Dpat38VIPDined on 7/20/2014What a great evening and meal. Alex was the best server we have had - so positive and full of great information. Cannot wait to go back and thank you!Special Features:
- great but food took foreverbostongurl4evaDined on 7/20/2014Love Gaslight but it took over a half hour for our breakfast to arrive. Other than that, no complaints....sweet server, water well-filled and food was delish!Special Features:
- Great for brunch!Kenmore534VIPDined on 7/20/2014Best Sunday brunch in the area! Great food and great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Very good, could be betterWoodlandersDined on 7/19/2014Gaslight is a great place to dine - bustling atmosphere, pleasant and capable waitstaff, appealing menu and, incredibly, free and copious parking. Alas the food could be better. Pasta was too greasy, portions a little skimpy, presentation topped preparation. Overall, a fine and reliable place to go for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful in every waynlog2nluvsksnyDined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, comfortable atmosphere, friendly service ~ a true neighborhood gem. This is my go-to dining experience to share with local friends and visitors from overseas or across the country. It's also great for both a leisurely brunch and a romantic dinner. Nothing is pretentious about this place ~ it's welcoming, comforting and satisfying. I hope it stays this way for a long time!Special Features:
- Gaslight never disappointsXxxxxxxxxx28Dined on 7/19/2014The food is always really good and taste like authentic French food. Service is impeccable. One time, the lady behind me dropped the mustard. It came really close to my chair. The manager got involved right away and offered to pay for the dry cleaning if I needed it. And the fact that parking is free is the cherry on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasure to dine there!shiraz2011Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent and well prepared food in a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy neighborhood spotJst20Dined on 7/17/2014Very solid french dinner, quintessential Sounth End; romantic; terrific serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our top 3 in BostonfosherDined on 7/17/2014One of the best charcuterie in town. Friendly staff. Authentic bistro cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HJSimpsonDined on 7/17/2014I came here originally because I was craving steak frites, but I saw a double cut, bone in Berkshire pork chop on the menu and I am glad I changed my mind. The pork chop was cooked to perfection and the house smoked bacon jus was the perfect accent. The pork rillons appetizer was a nice starter as well. For a French restaurant they had a small, but respectable beer list and a large list of wines by the glass. We sat outside and the weather was perfect, though one negative is there is an active BSC gym overlooking the patio seating and there is heavy foot traffic entering and leaving the gym on weeknights. The food is definitely on the pricey side, but we enjoyed our meal and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- This place lost its qualitynyceuroguyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Well, I lived in Boston many years and I had been to this place more than once when I lived there. Back then, it was a great place. Right now, the quality has gone all the way down. They tell you that they bring freshly squeezed juice, yes it is freshly squeezed out of carton!!! I am sorry but they cannot deceive me. I had many freshly squeezed orange/grapefruit juice in my life. Also, the dish I had was horrible for the price it got listed. It did have 2 very small french baguette slices topped with 5 very thin asparagus vegetable and scrambled egg on the top. This place is not worth your money. Go eat from the organic trucks right next to the place. First you would feel fuller and you retain your money in your pocket.
- An unexpected delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Great food, attentive service! Highly recommend for outdoor dining, special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food As AlwaysMetroDined on 7/9/2014We love Gaslight!!! We always have a great food at great price. Outside dining was great, service was excellent. We will be back as always!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YankmedicDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant was a pick from a google search for good restaurants near Plymouth. I was not disappointed. The food was very decent including a truly decadent dessert. The service was attentive but not overbearing. The atmosphere was upscale but not stifling or too stuffy. Overall, a good restaurant. :)Special Features:
- Dinner at 8needforgreatfoodDined on 7/4/2014Bartender was great made drinks and conversation while waiting for table. That's where it ended. Rotisserie chicken came out overcooked Ravioli was bland. Staff was fine and apologized but the kitchen can do better.
- Fabulous date night restaurant!LauraKDined on 7/2/2014First time there, we had a great evening! Amazing food, great service and free parking, who could ask for more!Special Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceCandJDined on 6/28/2014If you're looking for a great French food place in Boston, this one is excellent. We had great escargot and entrees. The wait staff was wonderful, and we had a great experience despite the couple a the table next to us who were mid-breakup! We left a note on the comments card and they even emailed us to follow up. A great experience overall!Special Features:
- Loved it!JFJRDined on 6/28/2014Great food and great service. The birthday girl loved it! I'd definitely go back AND recommend Gaslight to anyone looking to enjoy fine dining in the South End.Special Features:
- Underwhelmedpec757Dined on 6/22/2014Great atmosphere. We went on Sunday night at 9:00PM. Not late, as they accepted our reservation, but they seemed ready to close when we arrived. Our waiter was having the worst night one could have. The food was lovely to look at. Plates were very attractive. Still . . my wife's steak was as tough as leather (recommended by the waiter) and my swordfish was overcooked and dry. Took 45 minutes to be served drinks. Received no bread, which I was told was excellent. The outside dining area is very nice, secluded and quiet. The parking is free. I have to believe we just hit a bad night. We will give it another try at some point.Special Features:
- Best Birthday dinner!revbetsyDined on 6/22/2014My family took me to Gaslight to celebrate my birthday, and it was a great decision. It started with our waitress, Chelsea, who was not only attentive but also able to answer our many questions about the wines, beers, and menu items, and who made recommendations that turned out to be outstanding. The creme brulee was particularly exquisite, and even came with a birthday candle. Everyone in our party of was equally happy with their selections. I also visited Gaslight recently for brunch with my daughter, and was delighted with the genuine French pain au chocolat and croissants, the mushroom crepes with bechamel sauce, and a host of other menu items we didn't get to try yet. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherDined on 6/22/2014We have been to the Gas Light many. many times and just love it. This visit was a little different- it took forever for our food to come out and then my egg was way over cooked. The manager came over when I mentioned it to the waiter. He offered us a couple of bake goods as a nice gesture. We still love the Gas Light but we were a little disappointed this time. Yes we will go back because we have had many other visits that have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewYearDinerDined on 6/22/2014Hosted a birthday brunch at Gaslight on Sunday -- had the best French toast I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We loved our trip to Gaslight for brunch last weekend. My only question was "why is it so quiet in here?!" It is such a neighborhood gem and a great brunch spot, we were surprised to be the only people in the restaurant for a Saturday brunch. I would come back here again for future trips to Boston.Special Features:
- Good Food, Wine, ServiceBrianDined on 6/20/2014Great place for a larger group. Had a table for late dinner (9:30) on a Saturday night for 7 people on a week's notice, which is hard to come by in Boston. The food was very good, they have a decently large wine selection and the waitstaff was attentive and friendly. I had the duck confit and it was delicious. The vibe is upbeat and energetic but not too loud that the 7 of us couldn't have a nice conversation. Will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- OutstandingJoe33Dined on 6/19/2014Everything about gaslight is outstanding. The best friendly service and perfectly cooked entrees. The pork chop is amazing.Special Features:
- JoeDVIPDined on 6/19/2014Food has definitely lost it edge. Main attraction now is just the ambiance and free parking.
- A South End MustBostonAASVIPDined on 6/18/2014This place is ALWAYS great! The food is delicious and fresh and the wait service is AMAZING!Special Features:
- Great but watch the pepperOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2014This is a great place with a great menu. My two caveats are that the lighting is a little dim (maybe that's related to the name of the restaurant?) and even the salads were spicy. So if you're worried about spices (I wasn't), ask first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice, consistentksgshmoopsVIPDined on 6/15/2014Everything was good. Simple preparation, friendly service, always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommyVIPDined on 6/15/2014great island creek oysters- need to make sure you reserve on opentableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.KimRDined on 6/14/2014Promptly seated. Friendly and helpful waitress. Food was delicious and inventive. Timing was perfect. Nothing to complain about at all. Will go back for sure. Loved it.Special Features: