Cinghiale - Osteria
822 Lancaster Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cinghiale - Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgeno.com/
- Phone: 4105478282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julian Marucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Tuesday Cellar Raid: 50% off full bottle purchases in the Enoteca every Tuesday. Italian Supper: $29pp 3-course classic Italian Supper available 7 nights a week.
A word from Cinghiale - Osteria
The Osteria at Cinghiale has the feel of an elegant tavern with white table cloths and mahogany and leather banquettes. It features a large farm table for a special family-style dining experience. The menu is complimented by an over 500 label wine list that features Northern and Central Italian wines. There are approximately 40 wines available by the glass, each available in full and half pours. The restaurant was recently recognized by Food & Wine magazine as having one of the best new wine lists in the country. Outdoor seating is available, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cinghiale - Osteria - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Cinghiale - Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)notable wine list (93)fit for foodies (90)romantic (62)scenic view (32)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Average but OverdonememettimVIPDined on 3/28/2014Maybe I am just fatigued with too many over done details but the endless fussing of waiters, the extreme accent of the maitre d and the cold rubbery octopus displayed with the artful smears of painted on color on the plate just made me want to shout stop fussing and cook. The pasta appetizers were good, the meager portion of calamari was delicious but hardly shareable. The pasta/polenta mains were good but the main entrees were bland and not worth the display effort or the price.
- Great experience!NickDined on 3/28/2014We celebrated my Dad's birthday here over the weekend, and had a great time! The appetizers, entrees (a few entrees had very small portion size), wine list, and select desserts were all fantastic. I would not recommend the tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the favorites in Baltimore.TerryVIPDined on 3/26/2014Top of the favorites in Baltimore. The food is consistently great and the menu varies to keep it interesting every time. Only catch is entre portions could be just a bit more generous. That is because they are so so good. Would recommend it without hesitation to just about anyone.Special Features:
- excellent experience. serverlaurVIPDined on 3/25/2014excellent experience. server quite helpful in making suggestions personalized to you. every dish was a delightful surprise. My experience has been that it keeps getting better. you would never know from the menu description what you are going to get when you order but was not disappointedSpecial Features:
- FoodPlatoVIPDined on 3/22/2014Perfect place for a date. We did the fixed price menu. We got a bottle of wine instead of doing the wine flight - but that was only because we had to drive back home later on. The food was amazing, the foie antipasti that evening was quite noteworthy and on my list of foods to have again. There is no reason to not go back.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at it's BestGeorgiaDined on 3/20/2014What a special evening we had in this beautiful restaurant !!! We had the wine parings with our scrumptious meal and everything was PERFECT !!!!! We couldn't find one thing we didn't like !!! Our waitperson was a gem !!! We also liked the fact that they didn't hover ...! All of the folks that assisted us were superb !!! We both enjoyed every course.....plated beautifully.....served properly......tasted divine!!!!!! What a beautiful evening !! We will be back in September for round two....if they'll have us ! (0:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic, as alwaysCiciVIPDined on 3/18/2014One of the top few restaurants in Baltimore. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Expensive but the best in BaltimorenineofnineDined on 3/11/2014You could spend a great deal of money hear with little effort, but it is still the best restaurant in Baltimore. Service is the most professional this side of DC and the food is always perfectly prepared. My date said it was the best meal she had eaten in quite a while. So if you want to impress and have the cash, it is the place to go in the Baltimore downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosodiningdivaDined on 3/11/2014The food is inventive and delicious. Service is impeccable and efficient. The space is beautiful. The only "negative" is that for the prices, the portions are very small; one needs to order multiple courses.Special Features:
- I thought the portions wereleonDined on 3/8/2014I thought the portions were small and the quality of the food was fairSpecial Features:
- watch out for the back roomnandmDined on 3/8/2014I've eaten at Cinghiale several times - always sat in the main dining room. There is seating at the bar for more casual dining, but this time we were sequestered away in an area that was new to me - a curtained windowless room that was not unlike the conference room of a hotel. It was quiet, but joyless. The food is good, and the server was a bit overbearing but tolerable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceJamesDined on 3/1/2014This was my first time at Cinghiale's and I will definitely be back. My wife and I were looking for a quiet dinner for two and enjoyed the Osteria layout where the tables are well-spaced and you are insulated from the conversations at other tables. If you wanted a more lively atmoshphere, you could always choose the bar area. Our server mentioned that the tuna was very fresh and the tuna tartare appetizer was the best I have ever had. All of the food was outstanding, well-prepared and presented, but the tuna was noteworthy. The service was excellent. They also offer different price points, allowing you to order a la carte, as well as a four course prix fixe menu at about $60 or a three coure prix fixe at about $30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitpcje4VIPDined on 3/1/2014This was our second visit to Cinghale. We chose to dine in the osteria this time instead of the enoteca. Food was the same. Overall it was just ok. Disappointed in general. We shared the foie gras and it was excellent. We then shared the gnocchi and that too was good but the seafood ravioli was noticeably too fishy for me. Shared the scallops and they were very good but the spaghetti with shrimp was a total disappointment. No flavor and tough shrimp. Server had a bit of an attitude, but overall was helpful. Dessert was good. Based on prior dining experience and this one, we won't be back. Too many other great restaurants in Baltimore.
- Excellent as always, imaginativeChiefVIPDined on 3/1/2014Excellent as always, imaginative menu that is prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Top notch service and foodWestGhentDined on 2/28/2014Cinghiale is fine dining at it's best. The food is top-notch but the service makes this overall experience an A+. I highly recommend visiting Cinghiale when in Baltimore. Our server was so helpful with choices and with other sights to see around town. We were there for the weekend and went on this suggestion of a friend. The butternut squash ravioli was unique and delicious, a twist on pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appearances can be deceivingJayDVIPDined on 2/28/2014Have dined here several times but the service can truly be abysmal ! Usually start out well and goes downhill from there. Multiple staff members are very disorganized. It's all about them and the restaurant maximizing profits. No regard for the patrons dining experience!! Managers are not competent and the proprietors who once set a higher bar for service standard in baltimore are no well below average!
- Ron's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2014Consistently one of my top three restaurants in Baltimore for the last several years. You can't go wrong with Cinghiali!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first experienceCrisDined on 2/21/2014We enjoyed our first visit to Chingale Restaurant during Baltimore's Restaurant Week. Perhaps the quality of food might have not been at the same quality level during that special week as a normal week of business. Although my food was quite good my wife chose the special set menu for restaurant week. The bisque was "watery" and barely warm. The wines, however, that were chosen to match the courses were, according to her, "excellent." We are looking to return to Chingale for another try. I am especially looking forward to trying the meat and cheese plate as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Great Food-swamped for Rest. WeekNoHazmatsDined on 2/20/2014We had high expectations for the food & service when we arrived. They have a polished staff, but our service was marginal. We ordered wine from the EXCELLENT choices of N. Italian wines, and our food from the restaurant week menu. The food was delicious. The Lugana wine we chose was excellent. The service was not entirely great - probably due to the busy Restaurant Week crowd. 1st course took a while to arrive, but when it came, it was the 2nd course dishes. We sent it back, expecting that soup & salad would come quickly, but they took 15 minutes and we finally had to gripe to the wait staff for help. When it came it was great, as was mains course & desert. We will return after Rest. Week with hopes of better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty night outAmaniMDined on 2/16/2014We had a gift certificate we were excited to use and then were happily surprised to find out that it was also Restaurant Week. Since we had some "free" money to use, we opted for the Restaurant Week menu plus the wine pairings. I don't think my husband and I had ever indulged in this kind of thing before, but we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was delicious. Service was great. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, our dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014As always, our dining experience at Cinghiales was amazing. Certainly, in my opinion, one of the top five restaurants in Baltimore. They never let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Food was good. Server was pushy and annoying. Tried to rush everything through.Special Features:
- Birthday Success!PrplemDined on 2/8/2014We had a group of 8 celebrating my dad's birthday. The staff was extremely attentive, helping with menu selections including wine and even gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne! Service and food were impeccable from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love eating here. The food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2014We love eating here. The food, service & ambiance is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisysproutDined on 1/31/2014The restaurant's noise level was very loud. Would not return because of this.Special Features:
- Better than ever!CurleeloxDined on 1/26/2014This was our third time at Cianghiale's and it was terrific. The Enoteca three course dinner option is a bargain for such high quality food. The pastas are remarkable and the new pastry chef created a version of tiramisu that was divine. And I am not a big tiramisu fan, but I loved it. Service is very attentive and pleasant!Special Features:
- Over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014The truffles were tasteless and the portion sizes were very small. It was quite expensive and not worth it.Special Features:
- Best everRedmuerteDined on 1/19/2014My wife and I have never had a better dining experience in our life. Service was top notch and the food unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticjlminvVIPDined on 1/18/2014The service was outstanding. The food was delicious. We could not have asked for a better evening meal!Special Features:
- Always PleasesTonyVIPDined on 1/18/2014Our recent meal at Cinghiale was wonderful. Couldn't have been more perfect. Chef Martucci's pasta are outstanding. Although classic Italian, they reflect his talents and innovation in the kitchen. The only problem is what to choose!! The Pasta ala Cinghiale is always first rate. The rissotto creamy and seasoned properly. The servers go out of their way to make this a true dining experience. There is no better Italian wine list anywhere with many very reasonaly priced wines. Wines which are hardly ever found outside of Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would definitely go back,tenor1975Dined on 1/15/2014I would definitely go back, the food was very good and the service was Top Notch. The ambience is warm and relaxed. The crowd seemed a little old and stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltyGracie4VIPDined on 1/12/2014Been there before and felt for a special occasion it would remind the group of Italy. Ambience special, concept good, food was not soecial. Salty and I remember that from last time. Menu on the web is not current. Wines of course good. Desserts weak. No reason to go back other than a drink at the bar. Need to step up unless there are enough tourists to compensate for no repeat business. Most disappointing. To us money is not the option , talent and performance are.Special Features:
- What a great findRDLearVIPDined on 1/11/2014Everything, I mean everything we had was perfectly prepared, delicious and made us wanting more. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good...once again!IsaODined on 1/11/2014Gave Cinghiale a second try...hoping for the better! Not so much. Food was just average....waiters hovered over us and tried to take glasses that were half full...and tried very hard to get us to buy more expensive wine. Definitely will not be going back. The "Osteria" room is very sterile - reminded us of a partitioned room in a hotel - no character.
- So-SoBigRedDined on 1/11/2014I had heard good things about this restaurant so my husband and I made a reservation for dinner on Saturday night. The welcome when we arrive was pleasant and we were seated right away. Our waitress was extra snobby.... did I say snobby? I meant "pretentous". She rolled her eyes when we asked about something on the menu like we were idiots,,,, We opted for the prix fixe menue at $62 each. The food was so-so... nothing to write home about, VERY small portions. Dessert was a piece of very dry white cake with a dollop of some cream. All in all.... I would not waste the considerable sum it costs to eat here.Special Features:
- RAVES for Cinghiale - OsteriaTTracyDined on 1/11/2014This was our group's first time at Cinghiale, and we were all just blown away. The food was creatively approached and delicious, the service impeccable, with an atmosphere that transported us to Italy. I would highly recommend Cinghaile, and can't wait to go back for a second time!Special Features:
- Excellent fine dining experiencepaige29VIPDined on 1/8/2014Great service from the moment we sat down. Portions are what they should be, although I could see some people thinking they are on the smaller side. We did the 4 course selective dinner. Started out with the tuna and prosciutto both were delicious. We then shared the lobster ravioli and duck risotto. I personally preferred the risotto over the ravioli but both were great. The ravioli didn't' stand out to me and was cold. Moved on to the scallops and braised beef. Thought the beef was dry but the sauce and potatoes were delicious and the scallops were somewhat under cooked to my liking but were large and tasty. Desserts were light and a great way to end the meal. Valet could use some manner lessons though, always open up the ladies door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experienceluv2eatDined on 1/7/2014My husband and I came here for our 8 year anniversary. They gave us special champagne the service was impeccable. The food was absolutely delicious. My husband does not eat pork so they made menu accommodations and recommendations. The wine selection was extensive and they paired them beautifully to match our meals. I would recommend this place for couples, it was dim and romantic, but anyone who enjoys a great taste bud experience should try this place.Special Features:
- Food was too salty. PortionsMRWRDined on 1/3/2014Food was too salty. Portions were skimpy given the price. Heating system was not working properly. Ambient temperature was 65 degrees and it was drafty. Since the outside temp. was about 15, the contrast was acceptable only if you were wearing a coat.
- New Year's eve at CinghialeKellyBroVIPDined on 12/31/2013So we love Cinghiale normally but was a little disappointed in the food for the Prix Fixes menu for New Year's Eve...of course, not totally surprised, have had this happen often enough with holiday menus. One of my dishes was so salty it was barely edible...and all in all it was quite an expensive meal that was just so so...But I'm sure we'll go back...Special Features: